• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 266 Views, 0 Comments

Autumn: Next Generation - Hazel_Hester777

  • ...
 0
 266

The Powers of the Essence

Autumn sipped the tea that Snowdrop had called up for. They were still trying to process what just happened back there. Now, they were all in the living room again with Typevader. Hazel had worn herself out from crying and passed out. Autumn tucked her in her bed so she could get some rest. It looked like she hadn’t in quite a long time.

“Teen or adult, she’s still prone to passing out after a sob fest” Snowdrop mused.

“How did you know that would calm her?” Typevader referred to the tight hug from earlier.

“I don’t know. I just…I felt she was angry and something was hurting her from the inside other than mourning and I just had to pull her in for a hug. I guess it really must’ve brought back her sensitive side”

“I hope she gets some sleep now. She hasn’t in a long time”

“Wait, how long?”

“About a week or two”

“WHAT?! How do you live with that?”

“She barely slept ever since she came out of the house in her mourning. As a Lieutenant, she made sure to never miss a shot when firing, either in the air or the ground. She got promoted to Sergeant soon after causing a massive explosion with Digi Reset’s help in the Anti’s camp. But then came that day when she used her Hysteria form. She also had help from her mentor Eifos and the girl ended up creating an army to be led from her clay dolls. It ended up with killing hordes of Antis. That’s how she became Captain. Ability to lead forces of her own and merciless killing on the enemy was all she needed before the highest ranking was given to her. Luna told me that she doesn’t want to sleep as she fear she would dream of being with Hester again only to wake up and realize she was dead”

“Hysteria was already a killing machine before Hester died. She was even worse with anger from what happened to one of her halves” Typevader read the girl’s recorded files.

“By the way, how were the OCs?”

“They hate me because they blame me for the death of their Mother. I don’t blame them, it’s mostly true. They all looked rather different though”

Snowdrop nodded. “Yes, their forms changed too to suit this environment. They did it themselves”

“I hope they can forgive me” Autumn looked down at the cup in her hands.

The snow Alicorn nodded. “I hope so too”

Typevader spoke up. “Ahem, back to the main topic at hand here?”

“Right. Autumn, are you aware of the Essence in each of us?”

She thought for a bit. “Mom mentioned them at one point, why?”

“Has she told you about the Hidebrit Gene then?”

Snowdrop then began to explain what had happened with those who contained the Hidebrit Gene. Apparently, their auras tend to change slightly if the Gene is within them. It becomes some sort of enhancer. It makes them stronger and allows both Hider and Biter qualities to be present. That was one of the reasons why it was so valuable.

Another discovery had been made at one point when Twilight came to tinker with them. She found that each time the Hidebrit Gene enters a new host, it gets stronger, and so does the Essence of said host. The Essence gains a new trait when the host dies: It stays in their body unless absorbed. Because of this, the remains of all former Hidebrits were kept in one single area of the Castle to be protected.

“Why would she keep them in the Castle?” Autumn asked.

“We found something rather intriguing if the Essence of these Hidebrits are absorbed. It turns out that, even if temporary, these are able to provide a type of power each. They’re like superpowers, and they each depend on which one is taken in”

“Like…?”

“The red one in the form of a six-point star causes some sort of daze effect, show memories or visions, or may cause the enemy to be infatuated with you. The orange lightning bolt grants electric attacks. The green cloud aura allows you to heal yourself and others. The deep blue musical note induces the ability to levitate your target in any way you want. The sky blue hexagon provides trapping attacks. The violet bow allows you to cause spikes to appear”

Autumn nodded as she took count of each. “There were six Hidebrits in total”

“No, seven. They were seven. You know who it was”

The girl thought a bit but knew the answer. “Let me guess: The family didn’t give her up without a fight”

“Nope, we had to promise that they could visit anytime they wanted”

“What does hers grant?”

Snowdrop sighed as she glanced at Typevader. He took a while before answering for her. “We can’t find Hester’s Essence”

“What do you mean?”

“By the time her body was transferred here, her Essence was gone. We don’t know what happened to it. All we know was that hers came in the form of a yellow glimmer of light”

“Don’t you think Hazel…? I mean, I think she would hate for what remained her Familiar to be used like a Guinea pig”

“She’s mourning, but I don’t think she would have the guts to take her Familiar’s Essence into her. Taking it in will also mean taking in the Hidebrit Gene. She was weaker than her so she knew it would tear her apart”

“Twilight found it to be a loss, a very high loss really”

“Why’s that?”

“Twilight found that though absorbing just one is great alone, absorbing more will cause more power. You won’t just get more of their powers together. You will get their strength and your own power increases. She found that six were able to activate some sort of ‘Boss Form’ as Spike put it. It causes the user to gain a higher form and there would be no limit to their abilities. But seven of them were a complete mystery as soon as Hester’s went missing. But she did theorize that it cause unimaginable power”

“It sounds dangerous”

“It is” Typevader agreed.

“Only a few of us could harness its power without so much damage. Twilight and I have been able to use it and we survived. Hazel was a complete mystery because she was so afraid and she was locked in a house. But, on the other hand, you are here to see if you could do it”

Autumn was dumbstruck. “Me?”

“The Jabberwocky is extremely powerful and massive in size. We already have the one weapon capable of killing it, but it needs some strength inside it to be able to do more than just slay. This will cause the beast to be dead permanently. And we need you to absorb the auras for when the battle is over, we need a new barrier”

“Right, and you lack one of the needed people to perform it”

“It states an ALIVE one. And the last one is dead. But still, Wonderland needs an heir” Snowdrop eyed the crown in the distance. It was Lauren’s crown. It was protected by a magic case that kept it safe from those who tried to steal it. It was still beautiful and glorious, despite the many years it has been kept in.

The snow filly walked over to it and placed her hoof on the casing. It was cold to the touch, but she didn’t mind it. She gave a soft smile. “I called her Auntie, and she loved me like a niece. That day she never came back made me sad. The OCs here were also upset too. That day she left, she gave me a small kiss on her head. I can still feel it at times”

Autumn could feel her sadness. This was one, if not the only, thing that they had to remember her mother by. This was in a sense her inheritance as well. The ones who live here, the ones who roam, the ones who died, they all depend on her as they did with her mother.

She was beginning to understand now. This place was connected to her mother in a way. When she died, the connection made its way to her. That would explain the weird dreams at night. With all her doubts about the existence of this place, it began to wilt and everything in it began to change to adapt it. That would explain why they were so adamant about finding her. It was so she could repair it. She broke this realm and now only she could repair it. She felt it was what her mother would’ve wanted.

“I’ll do it, for you, and for my mother” she spoke atlast.

Snowdrop turned back to her, nodding while wiping a tear away. “Thank you, Autumn”

Typevader hid the tear in his eyes. “Well, it’s not a true party without the guests of honor. I’ll go fetch them”


Mommy! No!

Why to us, Mom?

I’ll carry you on, dear.

That low maker…that traitor…that liar…


“I noticed something else about Hazel recently when I got here” Autumn spoke as she and Snowdrop walked in the hallway to where the bodies of the Hidebrits were kept.

“And what would that be?”

“She calls me Sweetheart or Dervila, rather than my real name. Why’s that?”

The snow filly chuckled slightly. “Oh, I should’ve known she would do that to you too. Hazel has grown quite fond of names that have special meanings to them. She gave us each a nickname that suits us. But you’re the only one here who she calls by Sweetheart. I don’t know why”

“Well, what does she call you?”

“She’ll sometimes refer to me as Yukiko, it’s a Japanese name that means ‘Snow Child’. No surprise there” she chuckled at the nickname. “She would also call Twilight Hoshiko, meaning ‘Star Child’”

“I wonder why I’m the only she calls Dervila”

Right then, Typevader busted in the room, panting as he caught his breath. He seemed rather horrified and alarmed as his eyes widened from fear.

“…Snowdrop…the Essences…Hazel…THEY’RE ALL GONE!”