• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 261 Views, 0 Comments

Autumn: Next Generation - Hazel_Hester777

  • ...
 0
 261

Remains of Joy

She knew it was them. She would know them all too well. It had been years, but she knew it was them. This was impossible. Absolutely, one hundred percent impossible, right? That what she wanted to believe, but they looked all too real. They had some differences from any description ever given, but she knew it was them.

Twilight looked like herself from the show in her Alicorn form, but she lacked her crown. No doubt it was probably somewhere safe. But she wore a black coat with a regal collar sticking out. Though it looked very formal, its theme was really apocalyptic. Beneath it was armor for battle. The centerpiece had a crest which resembled her cutie mark. She also had a helmet, but it was kept under her wing by her side. There was a sword strapped to her side as well. She looked like something that had crawled out of the alternate universe if Sombra took over the Crystal Empire. Matter of fact, she looked like she went with them.

Pound and Pumpkin Cake were both all grown up. Pound was cream-skinned with a brown mane and tail with brown eyes. His mane was cut to crew cut and his wings were already sticking out if the armor. Pumpkin was beige-skinned with blue eyes and an orange mane and tail. Her mane was also shortened and her unicorn horn was visible.

They had eye bags from underneath their eyes that could suggest that they were tired. They wore matching cake-themed outfits. Pumpkin’s dress was white and had pink lining with a ribbon and was decorated by several small cookies. Pound wore a white suit with blue lining and it had two buttons on the top instead and it was decorated by cupcakes. Both were rather cutesy, but they were also duty and slightly torn, a bit of blood also stained the cloths. They must’ve been wearing them in battle. They both each had a small sword strapped to their sides.

Hazel no longer looked like how Lauren described her to be. She wasn’t in either her well or sick form, but seemingly a combination of both, and all grown up in her twenties. Her skin was a healthy complexion, and her hair retained its natural brownish tinge. But her eyes had dark circles from when she gets sick or tired. Her flat, straight hair was also shorter now, covering her left eye. She still wore her black dress, but it now had shoulder blades of armor sticking out, and was also sleeveless. She wore black combat boots than her slip on ones with white socks.

Despite the Pegasister being there, her Familiar was nowhere in sight. All that was around of her was her personal hat, which now rested on Hazel’s head. It seemed to be torn slightly as well. The flower looked wilted and a bit of a petal was ripped. The strip of cloth was dull. The diamond was rough. The bow was faded and torn.

They each held a different reaction when they saw her. Twilight was happy. The Cake Twins were somewhat confused. Hazel looked rather annoyed and angry.

Twilight sighed happily. “I told you she’s the right Autumn!”

Hazel scoffed before crossing her arms and looking away, annoyed. “I am NOT convinced”

“How’s that for gratitude?!” the Alicorn yelled at the Pegasister. “I’ve been up there for weeks, trailing one Autumn after the other, and I was almost seen by several Haters!”

“She barely looks anything like herself” Pumpkin pointed out.

“That’s because she’s the wrong Autumn!” Hazel argued.

“If she was, she might be” Pound Cake spoke to his sister.

“She probably isn’t” Pumpkin seemed to agree.

“How could I be the wrong Autumn if this is my dream?” the girl asked in annoyance, making the others around her look confused. “And who are you, if you don’t mind me asking?” she knew who they were, but she just wanted to be sure.

“Oh, I’m Pound Cake, she’s Pumpkin Cake”

“Likewise, I’m Pumpkin Cake and he’s Pound Cake”

“We shall go see Discord” Twilight spoke up.

“Exactly, despite his behavior, he could find out who she is” Pumpkin agreed.

“Right, Hazel, will you escort her?” Pound asked.

“I escort the real one” she emphasized ‘real’.

“I’ll do it!” Pumpkin excitedly headed over to Autumn and took one of her hands. But Pound also did the same with her other hand. They then began to argue over who escorts her as they tugged on her as if she were a ragdoll. Twilight finally got them to stop arguing by telling them they could both escort her as Hazel walked infront to lead the group.

Autumn was confused as to what was happening, but followed them anyway. She couldn’t believe that she was now in Wonderland. This had to be a dream, right? But, if it were a dream, wasn’t it supposed to be happy? This looked like a demented version of the one her mother always told her about. Even the characters now looked different. Then again, it could be how her mind perceived the Corruption and therefore altered some things.

They soon reached an area some far distance from where she had met them. There, sitting on a cloud of cotton candy, was Discord. He was drinking a cup of chocolate milk. He looked rather tired and drained. One could tell he wasn’t acting.

“Who are you?” Discord asked when he saw Autumn.

“Discord?”

The draconequeous tilted his head in confusion. “Another me? No, you can’t be. I’m the only Discord around here, unless Mother makes another me. But anyway, back to my question: Who are you?”

The girl flinched. “Autumn”

He then grinned at that, as though it were a challenge. “We shall see”

Autumn got confused again. “What do you mean by that? I ought to know who I am?”

He then glared slightly at her. “Yes, you have to. We need to know if you’re really you” he then turned to the side before taking out a small scroll. “Unroll it to see is it’s her”

Hazel took hold of the scroll and went over to the giant mushrooms nearby. She set it down and unrolled it for them all to see.

“The Scroll of Events” Twilight spoke as she checked over it. “The object that contains the significant event of each day, past, present, or future”

Autumn looked over from the Alicorn’s shoulder. She quickly began to realize what it was as they each had the word ‘Day’ next to a different word and a sketch of the event was below each.

“It’s a calendar” she mused.

“Correct, in a sense” Discord mused. “It has each day here in our Wonderland since its beginning”

“Today is Return Day, in the Reign of Danger” Twilight pointed to the day. It had a sketch of the current scene as of now.

“Show her the Third Victory Day” Discord grinned.

“Oh yeah, Third Victory, being the day you gain the third victory which is over the Jabberwocky”

Autumn flinched when she heard that. “I’m sorry, victory over what?”

“Over there, you with the Quillette Blade” Pumpkin pointed to the picture. It had Autumn in a suit of armor, with a sword in her hand, in a slaying position with a huge creature wanting to kill her.

“No other blades could kill the Jabberwocky. If it’s not the Quillette one, it’s not dead”

Autumn shook her head in fear. “That’s not me”

“I know!” Hazel groaned.

Twilight and the others just looked alarmed. Hazel, Pumpkin, and Pound just began to circle around Lauren. Well, the first one looked like she was stalking her like a predator.

“Little help here, Discord. Is she the right Autumn?” Twilight asked, anxiously.

“Not hardly” he mused.

“I told you!” Hazel spoke triumphantly. Though, lacking her grin, it was hard to tell if she was proud or not.

“Oh dear” Twilight sighed.

“I said so” Pumpkin spoke.

“But you said she might be” Pound pointed out.

“You did too!”

“Little imposter, pretending to be our Autumn” Hazel growled.

“I was so certain of you” Twilight sighed.

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be the wrong Autumn!” she then realized something. “Wait, this is all just a dream. I’m going to wake up now and this will all go away”

She then closed her eyes as she pinched herself hard enough. She hoped it would go away, but they were all still there, intact even. They looked at themselves to check and then back to her.

“That’s odd. Pinching usually does the trick” she spoke.

“I could stab you a bit, if that would help” Hazel spoke, taking out a dagger she carried.

“It might, actually, thank you”

The girl tipped her hat as she approached. “My pleasure!” she then stabbed her a bit in the leg. Not enough to make her limp, but enough to make it hurt.

Twilight looked upset while Pound and Pumpkin stifled their laughter. All of the sudden, they heard growling nearby. It was only when they heard a roar and a tumble did they look around to see what it was.

It was an Ursa Major, and it was being controlled. It had a system of wires stuck on its sides. Some parts held it on the arms and legs, and others were on its head. It had a collar that was controlling all parts. It let out a ferocious roar.

“Ursa Major!” the twins yelped as everyone ran for cover.

They all then ran as the creature tried to catch them. Then, several Antis in armor suddenly appeared. They all had the logo of Fox News on the chest plate of armor. All wielded a spear in hand. Everyone ran for cover. The twins were able to get away when Pumpkin teleported. Hazel escaped by turning into a mist of butterflies whenever cornered and hid in a tree after shrinking herself. Twilight was not as lucky as the Antis soon caught up to her.

Autumn ran for life as she tried to get away from both the Ursa and the Antis. She wondered how that could even happen. She knew for a fact that there was a barrier around the territory of the Fandom side to protect them from the Antis that pursed them. How did they get through?

“Wait! It’s only a dream. Nothing can hurt me” Autumn spoke to herself as the Ursa Major ran over to her.

Hazel peaked from her hiding place in the tree. “What’s she doing?” she glared before running to help.

“Can’t hurt me. Can’t hurt me” Autumn tried assuring herself.

It caught up to her and roared infront of her. Okay, now she knew it could hurt her.

Right then, Hazel caught up. “Run, you idiot!” she yelled angrily as she floated above the Ursa. She then took out a thinner blade and stabbed the creature in the eye, also pulling it out. She then dodged as it drew its paw over to shield its eye, but it scratched Autumn a bit before she ran off. Hazel then ran off, the eye still on her blade.

“Lauren, I swear, the things I do for you” the girl groaned before making herself disappear to avoid the guards.

They all didn’t know that one of them, who was in the uniform for a Knave, had found the scroll after Discord dropped it when he fled. He opened it with curiosity and got to the Third Victory Day. He seemed rather uneasy, but rather pleased to have found it. He then left with the knights as the Ursa roared in pain for its lost eye.