• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 266 Views, 0 Comments

Autumn: Next Generation - Hazel_Hester777

  • ...
 0
 266

Memory from the Battleground

There is a place which a certain few go to by the end of the day
Wonderland is it's name
Two sides emerged to claim power
One called Fandom, one called Hater

And then came that tragic day
When the Fandom's Queen was slain
Barrier gone, the land broke into war
And our world's peace was then torn

Even those who watched over
Compared to other, fared no better
Canon fled to search, OC watched the kingdom
Partner joined on battle, Familiar gone

And finally, she came
The one who will bring back those days
The Princess, child of the Fallen Queen
Came to ascend and set us free

Mother killed Corruption, and stopped genocide
Daughter shall end Jabberock and Antis
Marching up to the beast, the Quillette Blade in hand
Standing up as Champion to save her Wonderland

And then the beast shall be but slain
Only then will return the light of day
And to the Princess, all truth shall be known
Only then shall she once again be whole

Hazel recited the lines of the prophecy from the Scroll. The Captain had taken the spare time around to read. It turned out she had it memorized. She recited the lines as she and Anastasia walked through the forest to be on their way to Fandom's Castle.

Anastasia smiled as she ended the lines. “It’s all about you, you know”

Autumn knew who she was referring to, but she didn't like what message it gave. “I’m not slaying anything so put it out of your mind”

Hazel suddenly grabbed the woman and glared at her. She then put her on a stump nearby and dragged Ana along with her.

“Wait! You can’t leave me here!” she called out.

The Captain stopped in her tracks, letting Ana go and going over to the woman. “You don’t slay. Have you any idea what those Antis have done? And you don’t slay”

“Hazel, please, calm down” Ana tried.

“You’re not the same as who you were before” Autumn spoke up, gaining the Bipolar one’s attention. “You were much more…kind. You’ve lost your kindness”

The girl tilted her head. “My kindness?”

Autumn gestured for her to come closer. Despite the confusion, she obliged by coming near. The shrunken one then pointed to her heart. “In there, something’s missing. Tell me what those Antis had done to make you so cold”

The girl bit her lip before shaking her head. “It’s not a pretty story”

“Tell me anyway”

The Captain then looked around, her eyes widening when she realized where they were. It was a plot of dead ground. The trees were burnt. The sky was red as blood along with puffs of smoke. A few blades lay around, along some rubble that could've been buildings.

“It was here” she spoke, fear in her tone. “I was just a soldier at war, alongside my Hester. Everything was breaking up, and Lauren was gone, we went out to the battlefield to face the enemy”

She then shuddered as she felt a few of the voices come to her.


“Stay with me, please? I can’t lose any more people I love”

“One more time. I’ll be fine. Sometimes peace is just enough”

“Don’t leave me! Please don’t be the seventh child in the row!”


“Hazel? Hazel!” Autumn’s voice rang out, snapping the girl out of her thoughts.

“I’m fine” she wiped a small tear out.

“Are you?”

The girl was about to speak when she was stopped by Anastasia. “Do you hear that?”

She tilted her head in confusion before she then strained her ears to try and find it. She then yelped. “Antis!”

The mare then grabbed Autumn as she and the Captain made a run for it. The hound was back and on their tail. And to think they were alright! Ana had to fly a bit to dodge the trees and branches while Hazel turned into a swarm of brown butterflies and mist to dodge. They soon reached a dead end, there was river up ahead, but Ana was already too weak to fly and Hazel’s own Butterfly Dodge was too short to cross.

“Hand her to me, I could still turn into a Pegasus” the girl offered, turning into her Hysteria form. But this time, she was different. She had her pale pink skin but her mane was orange. Her armor was on top of her black dress now while her muzzle had what looked like a black mouth guard.

Ana nodded before handing over the heir to her. “Fly ahead and then hide to avoid them. Only when it’s clear can you continue”

The Captain nodded before putting Autumn on her back. “Hold on tightly” only when she fastened did the girl take off, flying as fast as she could.

“Down with the Bloody Red Imposter!” Ana proclaimed as the guards neared her.

Hazel made it to the other side right on time, hiding behind the tree and Autumn on her shoulder. They peered from the side. And they could only look on as Anastasia was taken away by the guards and Knave. Only when the coast was clear did Hazel let out a sigh and changed back into her Equestria Girl form. She tried to walk on, but ended up limping.

“Are you okay?” Autumn asked with concern.

She peered at her left leg, which had a huge cut on it. “Just a scratch”

“A scratch wouldn’t make you limp”

The Captain sighed.

Autumn looked around before noticing a hole in the tree that looked like it was forming a den. “Let’s rest here for tonight”

“Oh fine” she reluctantly did as told, going at the den in the tree and propped herself up as she put the shrunken girl down. She then took out a small bottle of medical alcohol and roll of bandages. She applied the medical supplies on her leg to heal her wound. Autumn noticed that she didn’t flinch when it was applied.

“We go, first thing in the morning” she spoke after her leg was all patched up.

Autumn nodded.

Hazel then got up from where she was and took some sticks nearby. She then went and made a small fire to keep them both warm. The heir could guess that she was taught that too. She then took out a small box in her bag and pulled out a small fish. Adding a drop of water from her bottle on which made it grow. She then cut enough for Autumn to eat in her small size and ate the rest. They both then drank some water in her water bottle.

Hazel then put out the fire when they went in the den to retire for the night. She put Autumn up on a makeshift-shelf in the wall above.

“Did they teach you this back at the war forces?” the heir asked.

“No, I was a Girl Scout”

“Oh” a cold wind blew around her, making her shiver.

Hazel sighed before taking a small hanky from her hat and wrapped Autumn with it. “Wouldn’t want you to catch a cold. Snowdrop would kill me”

She held onto the hanky as it were a blanket. “Hazel, why are you so angry at me?”

“You know why”

“But, that’s just for the Antis. Why are you mad at me? You didn’t even hesitate to stab me when I said this was a dream”

“What will get you to shut?”

The girl knew it was risky, but she had to take it. “Can I see you smile?”

Hazel glared at her.

“Please, I just need something calming after a day like today”

“I’ve been working in this war for years and I haven’t desired anything than a job well done and this whole mess over”

“Well, I’m not used to it!” she then calmed down and gave a kind smile, as though trying to teach her how to. “Please, just one? My mother said that you smiled a lot the whole time she was around, even grinned! Please, Hazel, would you smile for me?”

Her last words were enough to rouse some old memory from years ago. It was painful, and she didn’t want to think about it, but it had forced its way back into her.


“Hazy…will you…smile…for me? Please…one last time?”

“I’m…I’m smiling…”

“Always be brave…thank you…”


Autumn called to her when she noticed the girl had fallen into a daze as a tear fell from her one visible eye. “Hazel…are you…crying?”

The girl snapped out of her daze before she shut her eyes tightly with a growl. “Go to sleep, young Dervila”

Autumn said no more as she lied down to rest while the Captain beneath her did the same. She did notice that she was in a sleeveless outfit and it was cold, but she wasn’t shivering.

“I’m adapted to the cold, thank you”

Author's Note:

Sorry about the technical difficulties from earlier. We had some issues with the computer. Up ahead, you will be able to find the latest chapters. Enjoy! Again, sorry for the issues