• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 266 Views, 0 Comments

Autumn: Next Generation - Hazel_Hester777

  • ...
 0
 266

Face Your Fears

Night had arrived in this Wonderland realm. Snowdrop and Hazel had regained consciousness and were now currently back to normal. They both resumed to normal duties before retiring to the Castle for the night. Now, Autumn was talking with Snowdrop on the balcony while Hazel was ‘making up for lost time’ and Typevader was watching around for signs of danger.

“The time for action almost upon us” Snowdrop spoke to Autumn. “You will need all your strength and courage”

Autumn sighed. “I’ve always learned about war at school, but I never thought I would be participating in one, let alone leading it”

“I never thought I would regain my sight, be well-known for the first snowflake, or become an Alicorn”

The Princess smiled. “I wonder: If you knew how to defeat it, why didn’t you kill the Jabberwocky yourself? You must have the power”

“I am but a snowflake weaver and maker. If we were in Undertale, I would represent the Pacifist Route. It is against my new vows here to cause harm to any who live here”

“197…198…199…200!” Hazel spoke as she finished her push-ups with two thick books on her back. At the last count, she pushed them off her and quickly cleaned herself up before joining the view with the two.

“Well, I’m back on track” she breathed.

“You’re advanced on track. You just ran around the Castle grounds with two heavy bags of rocks tied to your back and got to your attacking again. I’m surprised you still were able to do those push-ups” Autumn eyed her worriedly.

“Can’t be Captain if I don’t push to my limits and breaking points and then push right through them, Dervila”

“Sometimes I wonder if Deceptive still has some influence in your psyche”

Snowdrop smiled at the conversation before her ears pointed over when she heard something. She felt a snowflake come back to her before she held it and closed her eyes to see what it found. She smiled before she let it go and looked through the telescope nearby.

“We’ve got guests” she spoke as she left to go inside.

Autumn decided to see what she meant by that. She went over and looked in the telescope and smiled at what she found. In the distance, just nearing the Castle, were Twilight, Snowdrop, the Cake Twins, Applejack, and someone she hadn’t expected to be back.

“What’s going on? What can you see, Sweetheart?” Hazel asked.

“You’ll be happy to see this, Hazel” she let her see through the scope.

The Captain looked through the lens and was happy at what she saw. But what made her even happier was who else came with them. Following close behind them was none other than Shadow Kirby.

“Dad!” she cried out in joy.

They both went down to join Snowdrop and Typevader. Winona came alone as well. It was a happy reunion for all of them. Winona was so happy that she leapt onto Applejack, who was just as happy while she was licked in the face. Hazel was so happy that Shadow was back that she wept with joy. He was happy to be back with his daughter. Twilight was finally happy again as well as she was welcomed back by Snowdrop and Typevader with the Cake Twins. Autumn was relieved to see that Anastasia was back and alive.

“I can’t believe that you’re here” she smiled at the Pegasus.

“Neither can I, but here I am. I’m back, and alive, and all in one piece. And you’ve returned to your normal size. It’s not too big or small, or too much or too little, it’s great size, it’s a perfect size, it’s the right proper Autumn size”

“Ana!” Autumn cried to snap her out of her madness fit.

“…size” she calmed down before speaking again. “I’m fine”

That was when she noticed something. “Where’s your hat?”

The mare felt at her head and looked around before a familiar face dropped down, holding her hat. “I believe this belongs to you”

Ana smile as she accepted it back. “Thank you, Bunny”

“Bunita ‘Bunny’ Katsuma!” Hazel called to her sternly. “So that’s where you were! I was so worried, young lady!”

“Sorry, Mom”

Everyone had all settled into the guest rooms of the Castle. The other areas of refuge had just had their barriers broken down. Now every surviving Brony, Pegasister, OC, and Canon Character had all taken refuge in the Castle. Some took up the guest rooms while others took the ones underground. Others in the war zone set up camp near the grounds or on the grounds. It’s a good thing the area was big enough for situations like this.

Autumn was reflecting on the balcony for the events of tomorrow. Tomorrow was all up to her now. If she refused to fight, the Antis would take over and Wonderland would fall into ruin, and with it, the last piece of connection she had with her mother. If she did, she would have to face the dreaded Jabberwocky.

“Dad and the others are alright now. They’re all currently resting from all that torture in the Anti’s Castle” Hazel snapped her out of her thoughts as she came over.

“Good to hear”

Both smiled before a cold night breeze flew by and Autumn shivered from it. Hazel wrapped a coat on her to keep her warm.

“What about you? You’re sleeveless” she asked.

“I told you, I’m adapted to the cold, Sweetheart” she smiled at her.

She smiled back. “You really did have a good smile”

“It’s been years since I last did it. You remember when that was, right?”

Autumn nodded.

“After her dying wish, I didn’t want to ever smile again. To smile would show I was happy. But because they took my happiness away, why should I smile? There was nothing to be happy about. She was sunshine when I was having my dark days. I was hers as well. But now, you gave me a reason to be happy. You helped me find hope, and I thank you for this”

Autumn smiled at her. “I’m happy I did help you”

There was silence for a while before the Captain spoke up again. “Well, you do know what day it is tomorrow, right?”

“Third Victory Day, how can I forget?”

“You must get some sleep for tonight. You will need it”

“I’m not sure if I could sleep at ease”

“I have a sleeping pill in my emergency kit. I keep them fresh”

Autumn looked at her. “You knew it was me all along when I fell, didn’t you?”

She raised her arms in surrender. “I knew just from your Essence. It’s almost like Lauren’s. I felt Hester’s say the same thing. Indeed, you look just like your mother”

She nodded as she followed Hazel back in the building. “Hazel, why do you call me Sweetheart?”

“Hest and I always had a thing for calling each other affectionate names. She called me love aside from Hazy. I sometimes called her dear apart from Hest or Hesty. I guess it grew on me and you looked like a Sweetheart” she smirked.

Autumn smiled a bit before frowning suddenly. “I will miss you when I wake up”

"You're still convinced this is all just a dream?"

"Of course. I'd dream up someone who was half-mad"

"Well, you'd also have to be half-mad yourself just to know how it's like"

She smiled at that. "I guess so"

“We all will miss you”


The next day…

Twilight’s trumpet blared off as she and the rest of the Mane Six blew their trumpets all at once. Every Brony, Pegasister, OC, and Canon Character had already gathered in the main courtyard for an announcement.

“Hear ye! Hear ye!” Twilight cried out in the Royal Canterlot voice. “Here we are on Third Victory Day, the assigned day of which we will, after many years, be freed from the Antis and balance restored to our realm! But as any other battle we have gone through, we will need a Champion to lead us against the main enemy! Who will step forward to fight for the freedom of the Fandom side?”

“I shall step forward” Anastasia volunteered.

Snowdrop, Twilight, and Hazel looked at each other, rather worried.

“You were almost beheaded by them” Typevader pointed out. “Perhaps I should go”

“I’ll do it” Bunny spoke up.

“No! Me!” Pound called, holding up his dagger.

“No! Me!” Pumpkin copied her brother.

The barrier holders all looked at each other nervously before nodding. Twilight took out the Scroll of Events and unrolled it for all to see. They all stared at the image on the Third Victory Day. It had the same thing: Autumn with the Quillette Blade, about to slay the Jabberwocky.

“No other slayer, no how” Pumpkin looked distraught.

Pound shook his head. “If it isn’t Autumn, it isn’t dead”

Snowdrop nodded before turning to the Princess with them. “Autumn, we have no other choice. But you do. This fate is up to you now”

Autumn looked at her in disbelief and back at the others. She was the only one who could wield that Blade. She was their only hope now.

She ran to escape to the Castle gardens.


Autumn ran as fast as she could. She had to get away from all that for now. No one went to try and stop her. She only ever stopped when she reached a sitting area in the garden. She sat down to catch her breath and recollect her thoughts. She had a lot on her plate now. She heard what Pound and Pumpkin said. It was all up to her now. If she wasn’t the slayer, it won’t stay dead.

“Still a coward, I see” a small voice called up.

She looked up to see Discord. He was looking down lazily from a bed made of cotton candy.

“Discord? What are doing here?”

“I can’t stay awake much longer now”

She was scared from that. “You’re going to die?”

“In a way. This Corruption is killing me, literally”

“Don’t go. I need your advice. I don’t know what to do”

“I can’t help you if you don’t even know who you are or who you are meant to be”

“I know who I am! My name is Autumn, I live in the US. I’m an only child. My father was Craig McCracken. My mother was Lauren Faust. She was the maker of several well-loved cartoons including My Little Pony: Friendship Magic. Her death is unknown but is suspected to be a murder. I’m her daughter. I’m Autumn Faust”

“Autumn, atlast” the creature sighed happily. “You’re just as funny as you were during the first other times you fell here as a child. Wonderland, as you remembered”

Autumn looked down when she heard that. “Wonderland…”


“What do you call yourself?”

“Autumn, Autumn Faust”

“Autumn Faust? THE Autumn Faust?”

“We shall take you to see Sunny Shores, Clementine Jr., and Anastasia”


“She’s the right one. I’m certain of it”


“Clementine, please no, not at the table. Here, have some tea”


“And what is this?”


“I’m Pound Cake, she’s Pumpkin Cake”

“Contrariwise, I’m Pumpkin Cake, and he’s Pound Cake”


That was when Autumn realized it all. Falling down, the dreams, the representations, the death, these weren’t fiction, they were all real. And this wasn’t the first time she fell. When she was a child, after Lauren’s death, she met them all before. She’s only having a rerun of the past.

“My mother wasn’t lying at all when she told me about this realm. It was never just a dream. This realm is real! And so are you and so as the Fans!” she cried.

“And the Jabberwocky” Discord reminded her. “Remember: The Quillette Blade was once wielded by your mother and now can only be wielded by you. It’s all that creature ever wants. All you have to do is hold onto it”

She nodded in understanding.

“Farewell and goodluck to you” he spoke weakly as he began to fade. “Perhaps I will see you again when this all over, or in another life, Sister”

She heard no more from him as he disappeared.


Everyone was in place for battle. Almost all from the Fandom side had to have a part in the war. Some others stayed behind in the Castle for protection, all under the supervision of Typevader. He had a snowflake given by Snowdrop that allowed him to see the goings-on. They were still separated by rank according to what they were capable of. The battle ones were already in the frontline, led by Hazel who was now in her battle gear. Snowdrop was in the front with Twilight, both ready for battle as they were also in battle armor.

They all suddenly turned head when Autumn arrived on the scene. She rode on the back of the Ursa Major, and was now in the armor that came with the Quillete Blade. Said weapon was in its sheath by her side. She also had the shield it came with.

She nodded and smiled to the leading trio, who returned it. Hazel then went to the Ursa’s side like a coachman.

“I thought you said you didn’t want to escort her” Twilight smiled.

“I said I escort the real one” she looked up to the lady riding. “And she is the real one”

Finally ready, Twilight and Snowdrop walked up ahead in the leading line as Hazel escorted the creature Autumn rode on as the rest of the army followed.