• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 821 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 821

Chapter 7

Author's Note:

Nothing much to say, just chapter 7 here.

Hmm... :applejackunsure:

Enjoy :ajsmug:

Earlier that morning Fluttershy woke up to be greeted by Blazy’s sleeping face, seeing that cute face made her morning already, she stroked Blazy’s head gently a couple of times before getting up to prepare everything to get ready for day.

Being well rested, she was full of energy but not only because of that, ‘well, it’s time to get a nice breakfast for my little angel,’ she giggled some, ‘but not that angel.’

Blazing Heart was still sleeping, until her cutiemark changed to black, at that time she opened her sharper looking eyes, she yawned and stretched the soreness of her body away.

“Jeez, Blazy you need to take it easy, ouch.”

She took a couple of minutes to do her daily routine and then went to the kitchen, Fluttershy was making breakfast, “morning Flutters,” she gave her the good morning.

“Good morning sweetie,” Fluttershy said without thinking the one behind her wasn’t the Blazy she thought.

“What’s for breakfast? Do you need any help?” Efreet offered her aid.

Fluttershy was in the middle of turning as she said something, “Oh, don’t worry Blazy, I’m almost done, we’re having pan…” she looked at the more mature looking Blazing Heart with black ribbons on her mane, “cakes… umm… Miss Efreet?”

Efreet with a smug smile nodded, “why do I hear disappointment in your voice Flutters? Did you expect somepony else?”

Fluttershy was a little nervous, “n…no that was not what I…”

Efreet laughed amusingly, “relax Fluttershy,” she gave her a wink, “I know everything, I know you are a mommy now,” she said in a slightly mocking way, “congratulations.”

Fluttershy was not amused by that tone of voice, but accepted the compliment anyways, “thank you Miss Efreet.”

As Fluttershy prepared the table with her almost believable offended expression, Efreet snuck on her from behind without Fluttershy noticing and poked her on the side.

“Eeek!” Fluttershy jumped away, before looking back at her friend with a small frown, “why did do that?”

“You won’t be giving me the offended treatment Fluttershy.”

“Huh? What do you…”

“I was sincere when I congratulated you before Fluttershy,” Efreet suddenly said in a more gentle tone.

Before Fluttershy could respond she continued, “I can feel it, deep in my soul, there’s this feeling of fulfillment, like something that was long lost has been retrieved.”

“Something long lost? Does Blazy…” Fluttershy couldn’t finish that sentence.

Efreet shook her head some, “I honestly do not know, unless we can get back all her past memories we can’t be sure of anything. But a motherly figure is what she needs now.”

Fluttershy grew the faintest of smiles after hearing that, but that raised the question, “Miss Efreet, why didn’t you take that place? You know Blazy better than I do.”

Efreet deadpanned, “Flutters, I can’t do that.”

“Why not?”

“We share the same body; a motherly figure should be able to be with her whenever she wants, the only moment we can be together is when she sleeps, besides she already sees me as an older sister of sorts,” Efreet smiled when she said ‘sister.’

“Oh… I see…” Fluttershy avoided eye contact.

Efreet hooked her leg around Fluttershy’s back and drew her closer, “he he, I’m happy for both of you, I don’t think Blazy could ask for a better mother, so enjoy it Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy blushed, “thanks…”

Efreet let her go, “so, can we eat those now? I’m kind of hungry.”

Fluttershy nodded, “sure, enjoy yourself.”

Efreet sat at the table, but before starting to eat, “oh, one more thing, just call me ‘Blazy’ it would be weird for other ponies if you go around calling me in totally different names.”

“Oh… I’m sorry… I forgot about it for a moment,” Fluttershy looked to the side embarrassed.

Efreet waved a hoof dismissively “Don’t worry that much, you’re the only one who calls me by my actual name, just don’t do it in public and everything will be fine.”

Then they enjoyed a nice breakfast, it was such a nice and peaceful day at that moment.


Later that morning after attending the animals, the two of them heard a knock at the door and… somepony arguing?

Efreet opened the door, and saw some of Fluttershy’s friends, “Good morning, what are you three doing here though? Are you looking for Fluttershy? I can call her if you want.”

They looked with narrow eyes at each other and then changed to very unconvincing smiles.

Twilight who had a scroll on her magic was the one to speak, “good morning Blazing Heart,” she greeted, “and today we came for you actually.”

“You were looking for me?” Efreet said in confusion, “why?”

Twilight then passed the scroll to Efreet, “Princess Luna sent this to you.”

She took the scroll, found the tickets inside but ignored them for the time being as she read the letter, “Oh I see, thanks for bringing this to me hmm…Twilight, right?”

“It’s no problem at all, is only normal to help a friend.”

“Suuuuuure Twilight, you totally did it to ‘help’” Rainbow didn’t even try to disguise her sarcasm.

Twilight scowled at her, “you say that as if your intentions were any different Rainbow.”

Fluttershy came to the door next, “hi girls, umm… is something wrong?”

Efreet replied, “I don’t know, they just suddenly started to argue.”

Applejack then joined in the conversation, “they want one of yer tickets sugar cube.”

“I wonder why, it’s quite obvious that I’m taking Fluttershy with me,” Efreet replied sincerely.

Fluttershy didn’t know what this was about, “what tickets Blazy?”

“For the Grand Galloping Gala, Luna is hosting it on the castle after its repairs in three months from now,” Efreet explained as she put the tickets securely on a drawer in the little table at the entrance.

“What!?” the other three said at once.

“Are you sure you want to take me with you Blazy?” Fluttershy said meekly as she tried to hide her growing happiness.

Efreet nodded decisively, “of course, you’re my best friend Flutters and from your behavior I can tell you want to go too.”

“Well… it’s not really that much for the Gala itself…”

“What is it then? Why do you want to go?” Efreet was upfront and just asked her directly.

“For the possibility of seeing the exotic flora and fauna that the Princess will have in the castle, that’s all really…” Fluttershy explained as she played innocently with her mane.

“Oh I see, it fits you actually and if my memory doesn’t fail me, Luna was the one with a taste for animals back in the day, so I believe she will have a spacious garden to host them there, I can ask her if you want,” Efreet offered and saw Fluttershy’s eyes lit up.

“Really?” Fluttershy asked hopefully, Efreet nodded with a smile.

Rainbow flew into Efreet’s face, “hey what about me? I want to go to the gala too.”

“Why should I care about that? We haven’t even spend any time together, I could understand Pinkie Pie, but for the rest of you I don’t see why should I give you the extra ticket,” Efreet raised a point.

“Aren’t we friends as well?” Twilight asked in hopes for this to be a good argument.

But Efreet wasn’t one to be fooled so easily, “again, we haven’t spent any time together besides that short time in the castle. I can’t see you as friends yet, but we can work around that.”

She sighed, “look, let’s do this, tell why do you want to go to the Gala and I’ll ask Luna for more tickets, how does that sound?”

The mares perked up at that, looked at each other, then at Efreet and nodded with smiles.

“Well then, Fluttershy can we talk about this inside the house? If I’m going to make friends may as well be comfy doing it.”

Fluttershy giggled into a hoof, “I didn’t expect you to ask nicely, but sure you can.”

Efreet snorted, “Whatever you say Flutters. Well, come on in everypony.”

After all the mares got comfy on the living room, they told Efreet about their reasons for them to go to the Gala.

“So, let me get this straight, Applejack you want to go to the Gala to sell your apple products, right?” Efreet wanted to confirm it.

“That’s right sugarcube.”

“Rainbow Dash, you want to go just to hang out with the Wonderbolts, is that correct?”

Rainbow simply responded with, “yep.”

“And Twilight, you just want to go because you’ve never experienced the Gala before, right?”

Twilight nodded, “that’s correct Blazing Heart.”

Efreet was satisfied after confirming everything, “alright then, I’ll ask Luna for more tickets, I think I should ask for six more because I assume Pinkie Pie would like to go and your other friend whose name eludes me right now will have some interest in going as well.”

Twilight noticed the count was off, “wait, why six? Even with Pinkie and Rarity that just adds five more tickets, for whom is the last one?”

“I heard from Fluttershy that you had a little dragon friend with you, I thought about being considerate and keep the entire group together.”

Fluttershy smiled knowingly, she knew Efreet was a sweetheart as well.

“That’s so kind of you Blazing Heart,” Twilight showed up her appreciation before continuing, “I don’t know if Spike would like to go though, he’s not into ‘girly fru fru stuff’ as he would say.”

“That’s weird, the Gala as far as I remember never was ‘girly’ per say. Then again it has been a thousand years since I assisted one, so I don’t know how time has changed that party in particular,” Efreet said as she checked out some of her old memories.

Something about that made Twilight confused, “Blazing Heart,” she called getting her attention, “that has been the second time you mentioned a thousand years, as if you lived back then.”

Rainbow joined too, “yeah, you said the same thing with Princess Luna back in the castle, what’s the deal with that?”

Fluttershy started to feel uneasy to hear about Efreet’s past, but was curious at the same time, “Blazy, can you… umm… tell us about that? If that’s ok with you that is.”

“Alright, it’s better if I get this out of the way now, so Blazy will have a better time around, she needs all the company she can get, besides I promised I would share this after I settle down,” Efreet said this as she looked at Twilight, “this could take a while, so if you don’t have much time, I suggest that you go now.”

Twilight lifted a hoof to say something, “I need to get some notepads and quills, I want to register this since I don’t remember it being on any books I read up to this day, can I go get those? I’ll be quick.”

“Sure, you’re the one who wanted to know this the most, so go get whatever materials you see necessary.”

Twilight gave a thankful nod and took out to her library to get everything.

Efreet looked at the other two, “what about you two? Is there something you have to do? I don’t want to keep you here if you do."

“Ah’m fine sugarcube,” Applejack reassured since she did her job for the day already.

Rainbow moved a lock of mane that was in the way, “I have nothing to do so I’m cool with this.”

“Ok then, let’s wait for Twilight to get back before starting with this.”


Twilight came back with her writing material and got herself comfortable for this session.

“I’m ready Blazing Heart; you can start whenever you want.”

“Alright then, let’s start with the obvious thing, I’m not the pony known as Blazing Heart right now.”

Twilight knew some of this from the short explanation Fluttershy gave them before, “we know something about it but, can you elaborate on it?”

“This body is the residence of more than one soul, Blazing Heart is the owner of the body, but an ancient spirit was also reawakened on her soul, that Spirit was me, Efreet.”

“There are three of us here, Blazing Heart the innocent little mare that couldn’t harm a fly, me Efreet the ancient spirit of fire and the one with no name.”

“The one with no name? Who’s that?” Rainbow asked.

“That’s the one with the soulless eyes and monotone voice, she’s came to be as a way to protect Blazy from losing her mind.”

Fluttershy started to fidget, she was about to hear what happened to Blazy.

Twilight then asked what had to be asked, “Losing her mind? What do mean by that? What happened to her?”

Efreet collected her thoughts and sighed, she wasn’t prepared to do this but it had to be done, “Blazy was foalnapped when she was just a little filly, I can’t see to locate the memories of the whole event. This is because Blazy’s memories are sealed, but not all of them, she knows who she is and her personality hasn’t changed; it seems the sealed memories are blocking something in particular, but unless we manage to unseal them we can’t be sure of what that seal is blocking.”

The other mares had looks of worry, even Rainbow.

Applejack’s changed to an annoyed one, and stomped a hoof on the floor, “who did that ta her!? Which kind of pony would do something like that!?”

Efreet looked at Twilight, “before that, Twilight you seem to know Princess Celestia, what do you know about her?”

Twilight took a moment to think about it, “Besides what is publicly known, she has been my mentor since I was a filly, she’s kind and understanding, always helping ponies who need it.”

Efreet smirked, “are you… sure about that?”

Everypony looked at her with confusion, “what do you mean?” Twilight asked.

But Efreet changed her mind at the last second, “never mind don’t worry about it.”

Rainbow was getting kind of impatient for some reason, “forget that, who foalnapped her and messed with her brain?”

“The Royal scientists,” Efreet said getting a gasp from Twilight, “under Celestia’s order, they were tasked to make Blazy into a weapon by removing any trace of a soul and tap into my power without waking me up.”

Twilight’s quill fell to the floor, “no… you’re lying… the Princess would never do that!”

“What are ya trying ta pull here?” Applejack asked in suspicion.

Rainbow on the other hoof had the weird feeling that Efreet wasn’t lying; then again she wasn’t really a fan of Celestia.

Without losing her composure Efreet stared them down, “I’m just telling you what you wanted to know, you asked me to tell you why I don’t want to see Celestia and that is what I did.”

“And ya expect us ta believe ya?”

“I don’t expect anything, you believing me or not is irrelevant since that doesn’t change what happened.”

Twilight held her disheveled head with both hooves, “no, no! You have no proof!”

Efreet frowned at her; “you want proof Twilight?” she approached her and looked at her in the eyes, “I’ll share what she had to suffer with you, if you want to see it close your eyes.”

Twilight didn’t answer she was just too intimidated.

“What’s wrong? Didn’t you wanted proof? I’m offering you proof.”

Applejack prepared to tackle Efreet but Rainbow stopped her, “Rainbow! What are ya doing!?”

“Relax Aj, she’s not going to harm Twilight,” Rainbow reassured.

“How do ya know!?”

“Because Flutters believes her, and so do I.”

Applejack groaned before relaxing her body, Rainbow let her go and both stared at the two unicorns.

“Well?” Efreet asked as she looked at Twilight with a raised eye brow.

Twilight after calming down nodded slowly and closed her eyes.

Efreet ignited her horn and touched Twilight’s horn to share that memory.

As Twilight black void started to take form she grew nervous of what she was about to see, could it be true that her dear mentor had done what Efreet was accusing her of doing?