• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 819 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 819

Chapter 0

Inside a dimension devoid of anything even time itself, a lone mare lived against her will.

She had a light amber coat, red and brilliant yellow mane and tail, her cutie mark was a red and yellow shimmering sun.

“Hmm, it seems that I have visitors, or I’m getting insane on this place, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the latter at this point.” The mare in question said to the emptiness.

Still feeling that she was being watched, she sighed. “I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to pretend that somepony is here with me.” Making her mind, she cleared her throat, “I should introduce myself I guess. My name is Sunset Shimmer everypony, and most if not all of you should be wondering, what is such a beautiful mare like me doing on this black void of nothingness, am I right?” she said to the darkness, the darkness didn’t answer.

A sad sigh left her, “I’m being so pathetic right now, talking to imaginary beings just to fill this emptiness in my heart.” A tear that was quickly wiped by her hoof left her eye.

Sunset recomposed herself with a deep breath, “If somepony is there listening then I should explain what happened from the beginning, and if not then at least it would help me release some steam.”


This started 16 years ago; I managed to get a position in the solar guard thanks to my magic skills, being one of the best students of Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns does wonders if you really pay attention and not just go there to rub your ego on those who didn’t got to enter. Pfft, useless pricks.

My first year was uninteresting at best, there were some minor incidents here and there but everything was calm most of the time. A certain day though, when I managed to stop an attack against the Princess all by myself I got promoted to sergeant. You may be wondering which “Princess” I saved don’t you? Well, I prefer not mentioning the name of that mare more than once, because otherwise I get sick of my stomach.

Anyways, a couple of months after my promotion somepony asked me out, I was skeptical at first but he was an insistent guy, after some more tries I gave him a chance because I was finding his antics “cute” to say the least. You may notice the lack of this name too; well just try to guess why that could be? I actually being serious on that one, just try to guess why before I tell you and if you guess correctly you’ll get an imaginary cookie.

As time went by, our relationship went uphill. That is until a certain day… well, you probably know the whole story about a mama pony and a papa pony that loves each other a whole lot; end up with a little miracle that comes from the foal fountain in the sky.

I hate myself so much for that reference, I’m sorry everypony.

*Ahem*, the point is that I was with foal at that time. I was happy to be a mother I really was, but apparently daddy didn’t get the memo that week, because I found him flirting with other mares and never gave me the time of day again. Don’t get me wrong, I tried countless time to get an explanation out of him but the coward ended up moving away.

I could’ve cried but I had to stay strong for my foal, my pregnancy time wasn’t the best. To add into things my superiors laughed at me, even rookies were mocking me, my parents didn’t care about me; apparently I “disappointed them” or something among those lines.

My life was being ruined, everything just kept on pilling up, and I was in no shape to be a guard with a foal and nopony who could take care of it. That’s why I quit being a guard two months before the date of birth; I took all my savings from Canterlot’s bank and moved Manehattan to start a new life.

It was tough to say the least; I’m not going to joke about that. The two last months passed and the day came. I don’t want to go into details about that, it’s private. But everything went without complications if you must know.

That’s when my life did a big turn from Tartarus to Paradise, I got blessed with an adorable filly unicorn, I just wished she would haven’t inherited that creamy white coat from her father *sigh* at least she has the red part of my mane color and surprisingly she has red eyes, which was strange to say the least, nopony in my family ever had foals with red eyes… well mostly… at some point in the distant past there was a couple of foals with red eyes on my family but it was so unlikely.

Whatever the case that didn’t make her any less adorable, it was the total opposite of that.

Just thinking about my little angel warms my destroyed and scarred heart, and even back then I felt the same way. For that reason I called her blazing heart, at that moment I didn’t caught on how literal her name would turn out to be.

The first couple of years were tough, I wasn’t able to go out and get a job. I had to take care of Blazy, and I couldn’t afford to pay a foalsitter. I had to sell some personal objects, but it was all worth it to raise Blazy.

On her third birthday, I wasn’t able to do much either, I felt so useless. With a scarred heart I gave her two white mane ribbons. I honestly expected her to throw the package at my face from the disappointment but…

“Twankyu mommy, I wove you!” she responded to me happily with a big smile, before hugging me.

My heart almost exploded, I couldn’t control my emotions and tears came out at full force.

Why?

Why did she say those words to me? Our home barely stood presentable and we didn’t have a lot of things, I was struggling to get food or any essential articles.

“I love you too my angel,” I told her with tears in my eyes, this wasn’t the time to wail about my failures, this was the time to make up for them.

Since then Blazy always wore those ribbons styling her mane into twin tails. Her magic was developing rapidly so I taught her some basic levitation.

Time passed and a new year started, I managed to get a job in a library close to home, it wasn’t much but the owned let me have Blazy there as long as she didn’t disturb the quiet atmosphere. That wasn’t a problem since Blazy was well behaved.

Things went well for some time, sure being a librarian didn’t paid too much but it was a relaxing activity and Blazy took a liking for reading, no egghead level mind you.

When I saved a little amount I enrolled Blazy on a kindergarten, she was so excited about it. It was an adorable sight.

Yeah… it was…

Fate apparently didn’t like me being happy in the slightest, because just two weeks after that Blazy started to look down, she tried to fake a good mood but I noticed right away.

She kept the act for some more days until I caught her crying, knowing that asking Blazy directly wouldn’t do any good I decided to go and ask the teachers. As I thought Blazy had problems with some bullies, I asked them to do something about it, they agreed and I went home somewhat relieved.

I should have punched myself for believing those idiot teachers, Blazy kept coming home with sadness on her eyes.

Things didn’t get any better with the pass of time; I made a scene at Blazy’s kinder. But I couldn’t control myself, those foals were pushing her around I had to stop it, then I used my magic to kept them away from Blazy and scold them. Obviously their parents weren’t happy with that, one thing led to another and I ended up kind of punching a couple of idiot parents in the face.

Because of that Blazy got expelled, I got fired by the gossip going around and overall I got a bad reputation on the neighborhood. I thought ponies here would be different, but it doesn’t seem to matter where I am misfortune always seem to follow me, it’s like somepony had a grudge against me or something.

What I didn’t know at the time was that one of the guys I hit was a royal guard, and just like that a week later they came to arrest me. Could this get any worse would you ask? Believe me I wouldn’t be here if that were a lie.

Apparently I was charged with treason against the crown or some garbage like that. By the way I noticed something interesting on my time here, there aren’t any restraints on this place, I figured this out the first time I cursed the name of that mare, apparently Equestria has some kind of censor magic in the air or somepony really wanted to make as family friendly as possible I don’t know. But it feels great to be actually free I just wished my daughter wasn’t suffering right now.

Oh yeah the story, sorry about that. You wouldn’t believe who showed up to arrest me, miss perfection herself Princess Sunbutt was there with a stern expression.

“I couldn’t believe it when I read the report, ex sergeant Shimmer; I had high expectations about you, I’m deeply disappointed.” She said in a disappointed tone.

I stared at her with an angry frown, “I’ll let you know that the feeling is mutual.”

“Guards, take her away,” she ordered to the four guards that came with her.

They put hoof cuffs on me and restrained my magic with an inhibitor.

“Mommy! Let go off my mommy!” I heard Blazy’s voice.

One of the guards caught her.

“Don’t harm her please! Throw me in a dungeon if you want but don’t do anything to her!” I shouted and then one of them hit me.

“Silence!” one of them shouted to me.

“There’s no need to be hostile gentlecolts,” the Princess said calmly.

“Don’t hit my mommy!”

What happened next was something I didn’t expect, Blazy got her first magical surge but it was different. For starters I saw a cutiemark on her flank; it was a black heart with flames around it. That was strange because she didn’t have a cutiemark she wasn’t even the normal age for a cutiemark to appear.

But that wasn’t all, Blazy literally fired flames from her horn, fire magic wasn’t a common thing at all, in fact like every other elemental magic it was almost forgotten.

The guard that foolishly grabbed Blazy got seriously burned, *tch* lucky bastard got it easy.

“Impressive,” I heard Sunbutt say, a quick look at her showed a satisfied expression.

“Just like I expected, the descendant of the fire spirit was this filly. Guards, don’t intervene leave her to me.” The idiot guards nodded as Sunbutt approached Blazy.

“Oh, my poor child, I’m sorry my guard did that to you. If there is something auntie Celestia can do for you just ask.”

“I want mommy!”

“Of course, guards please bring Sunset over here,” the devious expression on her face didn’t help my nerves, and I was right as soon as I got dragged closer Blazy tried to get to me but that bastard knocked her out with a spell.

Soon after I got knocked out too, last thing I saw was the smug face on that bitch’s face.

When I woke up I saw her again, I just wanted to break her neck right there but I was chained and couldn’t move.

“Good morning Sunset, I hope my hospitality is of your liking.”

“Where’s my daughter? Where’s Blazing Heart!?”

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about my little sunshine; she is being taken care of by my personal she’ll be of great help to me in the future.”

“What did you do to her!?”

“Nothing yet, but a wild creature like her needs to be tamed, after all she will be my secret weapon.”

“Wha…” I stared at her in disbelief.

“And to be sure you don’t interfere I’ll erase you from her memories, and put you in a place from where you cannot escape.”

I saw her horn light up, and I felt myself starting to disappear from my hind hooves.

“Before you go to your new and permanent room, I have to be sincere with you Sunset.”

She got closer and whispered to my ear, “Everything that led to your downfall was my plan from the start.”

My eyes shrunk from the shock, “T-that means…”

“Yes, you having that filly was planned from the start, your potential was a clue that you were related to the ancient fire spirit, and your foal was most likely to be the next incarnation of it. So I paid a guard to get you pregnant, and pulled some strings to make your life as pathetic as possible. In the remote case your foal wasn’t what I was looking for; your life would be destroyed enough for you to figure anything out.”

“Fortunately you gave birth to it, you moving out of Canterlot wasn’t planned but that didn’t change anything drastically, I just put some guards on each city to look for you. When I found out where you were I just needed to destroy your life again, and what better way than to make you lose your job and terrorize your child, the guard you hit was paid to provoque you so I could have an excuse to put you under custody and obtain what I wanted.”

I was beyond rage point, “why… you…”

“Equestria has many enemies my little pony, and I will do what I must to protect it from them. Now I wish you fare thee well Sunset Shimmer, you made a great contribution to your country, too bad nopony will remember you ever existed. Also don’t worry about Blazing Heart, you’ll be able to see her development.”

Then everything went dark.


And that’s why I’m here on this forsaken place, that miserable princess was right to her promise and showed me how Blazing Heart painfully grew from my little angel to a soulless mare, they destroyed her mind. I heard her crying for me to save her… the tortures she had to go through were too much for me, I tried to escape this place but it was useless.

12 years has passed, 12 years of seeing my adorable filly being tortured and converted into an empty shell of her former self. 12 years of anger against the one who at one point I admired.

If somepony is out there, please… please save Blazing Heart, she doesn’t deserve that life, I don’t care if I have to disappear but please save her… I’m begging you everypony please save my little Blazy…


Sunset cried once again, this time without holding anything back; she blamed herself for everything that happened.

Her pleas for help at the empty void would most likely be in vain. But who knows, maybe not everything was lost, maybe somewhere somepony could grant her wish.

“I’m so sorry Blazy…”


In the secret room where Blazing Heart was held, she was soundly sleeping.

‘I’m so sorry Blazy…’ she heard in her head a voice that she thought was an illusion.

She suddenly shot up from the covers, eyes scanning her room. Her eyes didn’t have their shine anymore making her have a dead stare.

‘I’m so sorry…’ she heard it again, now tears were coming out of her eyes for the first time in years.

Then the image of a mare flashed on her mind, it was Sunset, her mother.

“Mommy… Mommy!” she shouted and some guards entered the room.

They tried to restraint her but they forgot how terrible karma can be.

The two fools were incinerated to ashes by the same weapon that was supposed to serve Equestria.

Blazing Heart was unstable, her emotions were returning to her, and in an moment’s impulse she teleported somewhere.

When she arrived to her destination, a dirt path that was adjacent to a forest with a course of water flowing in between, the mare appeared unconscious.

Her cutiemark now being half black and half red.

Author's Note:

Trying something new while the Mane 6 farm for cards to continue the other story.