• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 819 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 819

Chapter 2

The two mares were slowly making their way towards Ponyville, one of them gathering her thoughts while the other waited politely for her to be ready.

Fluttershy saw that the reasons behind the color change in Blazy’s cutiemark was a touchy subject, “Blazy, it’s ok if you don’t want to tell me about it.”

Raspy voice Blazing Heart shook her head, “No Flutters, its necessary that at least you know about this because you’re the first one, it will be a little hard to believe but just trust me on this ok?”

Fluttershy was getting a little nervous, “I… I’ll try to be open minded so, can you?”

“Alright then, let’s sit over there for a moment,” Blazy pointed at some benches, the two made their way there and got comfortable.

“Fluttershy,” she called, “I’ll be upfront with you, because I don’t know any better.” She sighed, “I’m not the pony known as Blazing Heart right now.”

Fluttershy was confused and afraid right now, “w-what do you mean? Y-you lied to me?”

Black Blazy shook her head, “I didn’t lie to you Fluttershy, because I’m not Blazing Heart.”

“I don’t understand what you’re saying.” Fluttershy was honestly lost.

“What I mean by this is that, the one talking to you right now is not Blazing Heart, it is her body but the mind is not. My name is Efreet and I’m a Spirit.” Efreet introduced herself.

“S-Spirit?”

“I’m a being almost forgotten from pony history, just a few books on Equestria had barely if any information about myself, I’m the Spirit of Fire and unfortunately my soul got mixed with this poor filly named Blazing Heart.” Efreet explained.

“Y-You’re possessing her?” Fluttershy asked fearfully.

Efreet nodded, “but don’t worry Fluttershy, you’re important to Blazing Heart and since I witnessed her suffering along the years, I swore to protect what’s important in her fragile heart.”

Fluttershy perked up at that, “How am I important to her? we barely know each other, Miss Efreet?”

“You can keep calling me Blazy, Fluttershy. I took a liking for her name. But to answer your question, you’re basically her first real friend.” Blazy said sadly.

“Oh my goodness, what happened to her? She seems to be such a sweet pony.” Fluttershy really wanted to know what happened to Blazy.

“I can’t tell you everything about what happened; because that could make her remember a part of her past that she most probably wanted to forget. But somepony was involved with that, also there’s a certain part of her memories none of us can tap into, like something is blocking it”

“Who could do something so horrible to a little filly?” Fluttershy was tearing up.

“There are some messed up ponies out there Fluttershy, that’s a harsh truth about Equestria. Anyways, I need to tell you one last thing, there is another one inside this body, and you met her already. She has no name and was made involuntarily by Blazing Heart to avoid any extra harm. You can consider her the midpoint between us.”

Fluttershy was confused again before she put one and one together, “the one with the empty stare is another one?” Blazy nodded, “oh…”

“She’s not something you want to get involved with, she seems harmless but she has no contemplations about getting rid of anything that gets in her way, unlike me she doesn’t have the influence of Blazing Heart’s kind nature to stop her from going loose. So, if you ever meet her again try to not annoy her, she should not be any problem if you treat her with respect.” Blazy said in a serious yet calm tone.

“But how do I know if she’s the one present?”

“You see these?” Blazy asked while pointing at the ribbons on her mane. Fluttershy nodded, “These are black now because I’m present, somehow they got enhanced and now reflect who’s the one in charge, when Blazing Heart is present these become white and our cutiemark becomes a normal red heart with a flame surrounding it. But when she’s present our ribbons get a gray color and our cutiemark is half normal and half black, there’s also the fact that she speaks in a very dull voice and her eyes are like you said, empty.” Blazy explained.

“Oh, I didn’t notice the color of your ribbons changed as well. But wait, what did you meant that unlike you she is not affected by Blazy’s kindness?”

“My soul is merged with Blazing Heart’s soul, I’m being held back by her. But that’s a good thing for the greater good.”

“Why is that?”

“Because if I get free, I fear that Equestria will not last too long I can be even worse than the one with no name, I’ve been betrayed on my old days and vengeance is very much present on my thoughts. I’m able to be like this now because of the pure heart of my host, and I want to protect her and everything she holds dear. It’s weird to say this about myself but I need to be held back so nopony that doesn’t deserve it gets hurt.” Raspy Blazy had a hint of sadness on her voice.

Fluttershy put a reassuring hoof on her friend’s withers gaining her attention, “you aren’t a bad pony, I can tell that much.” She said softly with a smile.

Blazy stared at her funnily for a moment and then cracked into laughter.

“That’s not nice…” Fluttershy said.

Blazy calmed down and took a couple of deep breaths, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. It’s just that you’re really a special case Flutters, no wonder why Blazy warmed to you so fast.” With a now perfect good mood she jumped off the bench, “that was fun, let’s find that unicorn Fluttershy.”

With a nod Fluttershy got off the bench too and the two of them marched in search for Twilight again.

Without any clues they just wandered around town for a while, until they found Pinkie of course.

A loud gasp was heard, “what are you doing here sillies? We have a party to attend to!”

“No we haven’t,” Blazy said unamused.

“Yes you have silly~ you’re new in Ponyville and I’ll throw you a welcome to Ponyville party because you’re new to Ponyville and because you’re new in Ponyville you’ll have a super mega fun party made by me!” Pinkie rambled.

Blazy looked at Fluttershy with a weird expression, “hey Flutters can I be mean with this one?”

“Please forgive her Blazy, she is trying to be nice. Um… Pinkie please don’t push her too hard she doesn’t like being put into pressure, if it’s not a bother that is.” Fluttershy said.

“Oh Fluttershy, she’s your friend? And she’s shy like you?” Raspy Blazy was really considering letting ‘no name’ out at that statement made by Pinkie. “Why didn’t you say so sooner silly? Oh, you don’t know my name don’t you? But Fluttershy said my name so you probably know now, but not really because you heard it from somepony else like I did heard your name ‘Blazy,’ but I can’t be sure if that’s your name because you didn’t tell me yourself. Well then I’ll start, Hi! My name is Pinkie Pie, who are you?” Pinkie got close to Blazy with each word until their noses touched.

Dark Blazy really really really really really really really reaaaaaaaaally wanted to blaze the heck out of this annoying mare or at least punch her a ‘little’, but decided not to because that would make things with Blazing Heart and Fluttershy way too complicated. She stepped back a little, took a deep breath and prepared herself to deal with this in the most non mean way she could muster, she lifted a hoof, “a couple of things, first thing I’m not shy I just don’t like ponies being annoying around me, second thing my name is Blazing Heart it is not a pleasure to meet you Pinkie Pie, and third thing what happens if I don’t want to go to this supposed party you said you’re throwing me for being new to Ponyville?”

“But if you don’t go to the party you can’t have fun and make friends, friends are very important to ponies, even grumpy ones because they can do fun things together and they will not be grumpy anymore instead they’ll be happy and upbeat and sing songy, so so so are you coming to the party? Yes you totally want to now, do you do you do you?” hyperactive Pinkie said in her characteristic rushy way.

‘Don’t punch her, she’s a playful pony, she’s not doing it with bad intentions, you don’t want a bad reputation that could affect Blazing Heart and ruin everything, so-don’t-punch-her.’ Efreet Blazy said to herself in a thought, more to convince herself of that than anything else.

Suffice to say it wasn’t easy for her, “Hmm, how about no?”

“Pleaaaaaaase?” Pinkie begged.

“No, stop insisting already,” Blazy wasn’t going to budge.

“Please, please, pleaaaaaaaaaase?” Pinkie pressed even harder.

Fluttershy was worried about the situation; even if ‘no name’ wasn’t present she had a bad feeling about Efreet being annoyed, that and the faint dark glow that her friend’s eyes were starting to emanate didn’t help with her nerves.

“I said no! Leave me alone!” Blazy shouted.

“Oh come on! Don’t be a party pooper!” Pinkie shouted too.

‘She’s dismissing my decision like its nothing…’ Efreet Blazy was so shocked that she didn’t notice her own mood change.

Fluttershy was on edge by this situation until she noticed the slightly increase in temperature of the area, ‘w-what’s happening… why does Blazy’s mane and tail have that fiery glow?’ that rose some red flags and Fluttershy intervened when she saw some sparks coming out of Blazy’s horn.

Her eyes shrunk at the realization and jump to hold Efreet Blazy back, “Blazy stop!” she yelled but was still kind of quiet.

Efreet stopped, but something was different. The ribbons turned white and her cutiemark returned to normal, the real Blazing Heart was back. That didn’t stopped the magic in her horn from shooting in a random direction fortunately the bolt of fire flew away and didn’t hit anything in town.

“Woah, what was that? That’s the first time I see a unicorn shooting fire like that, can you do it again? Can you can you?” Pinkie asked excitedly.

The feeling wasn’t mutual, the now real Blazing Heart had a look of total terror, “I-I almost hurt somepony again…” tears pouring from her eyes freely.

Fluttershy hold her tightly, “it wasn’t you fault Blazy… you were not in control…” she whispered in her ear.

“I’m… I’m…” she tried to apologize but a memory flashed in her mind a very dark memory.

‘You’re just a monster, a monster that needs taming, a monster that will guarantee my reign over these lands for the years to come, now you’ll do as I command and my command is…’ the sound of something in flames could be heard and screaming… screams of agony, screams of death.

“I’m… a monster…” Blazy’s then pushed Fluttershy away and flame teleported somewhere.

Fluttershy heart sank, “Blazy!? Blazy!?” she looked frantically, but Blazing Heart wasn’t anywhere on sight. She stormed off in direction to her cottage, ‘she has to be there… please be there…’

Pinkie was left alone and confused, “What just happened?”


In the empty dimension Sunset was calm once again, the terror has passed for now, that didn’t take away the indisputable anger that she had for SunButt.

“I’ll kill you, no matter how long it will take me, I’ll kill you…” she muttered under her breath.

‘I’m… a monster…’ the voice snapped Sunset from her killing dreams, that was a voice she recognized even if it sounded like a more grown up version of itself.

It was the voice of her daughter, ‘How is this possible, that piece of garbage isn’t here, how can I heard… Blazy…’

‘Blazy is still suffering out there, my little filly is suffering while I’m still stuck on this Tartarus forsaken place with no way out’ she would have cried from frustration, but her eyes were dry and red from all the tears she shed hours ago.

Then she heard the sad sobs of her little Blazy, this broke Sunset’s heart even more, she desperately wanted to get out of that place, but in 12 years she accomplished nothing.

Disappointment, frustration, anger, sadness, all those negative emotions were haunting Sunset’s soul, she couldn’t take it anymore. She had a great mental control to resist the torment for all those years, but that was it, she got to her limit, the limit over her limit.

At the last second before her sanity was no more, she saw a glimpse of Blazing Heart crying in a forest, a very dark and wild forest and a manticore jumping at her.

Her eyes shrank to the size of pinpricks, followed by the most painful and angry scream anypony ever heard.

Everything that she had to put up to was released in a moment, her magic that was reduced to almost nothing by Celestia’s spell flared to life with intensity once, her outburst managed to broke the seal on her horn, but also managed to create an explosion of magic like no other.

This discharge knocked Sunset out, but what she didn’t know was that a slight crack was made in the space.


In Canterlot’s Castle Royal Gardens, Celestia was taking a walk to calm her nerves, and develop a plan of action to find her precious weapon.

The reports from the biggest cities aren’t encouraging in the slightest, she is not in those places, where can this mare be?’ her train of thought was interrupted by a tingle feeling on her horn.

That feeling suddenly became an unstable charge of magic that exploded throwing her backwards against a bush.

“What is the meaning of this,” she shook her head a couple of times to recover from the event. But then noticed something shocking, “I can’t feel Sunset in the empty space.” This was bad news for her, if somehow Blazing Heart recovered her memories of Sunset, not having a way to bribe her with her mother would prove to be a big problem.

‘I need to find Sunset at once!’ she thought while teleporting to the meditation chambers to go into the empty space to search for her only way to control Blazing Heart.


Meanwhile in the Everfree forest, the charred corpse of a manticore was being devoured by a pack of timberwolves.

While in the distance a white mare with gray ribbons tied to her red mane and a double colored cutiemark walked in the shadows towards an old castle.

Author's Note:

So a year has passed since I got on this page, weird how time passes so fast sometimes.

Anyways I didn't have anything special planned but at the very least I wanted to publish something, so here it is chapter 2 (3?) of this thingy, a lot of improvisation went into this.

So yay... oh wait :yay::yay::yay: that's much better.