• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 819 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 819

Chapter 9

Author's Note:

Chapter 9's here everypony, I hope you enjoy it. I mean it's nothing super duper but it's something at least :twilightsheepish:

The group lead by Efreet was at the foot of the mountain. They quickly noticed how different it became from just a few minutes ago.

“Where did all those black clouds came from?” Twilight made an observation.

But Rainbow noticed something strange with the clouds, “that is smoke, not even thunder clouds are that black.”

“There could be various reasons for the smoke to be there, but since it happened so suddenly, I think there’s only one explanation for this.” Efreet paused dramatically and the others looked at her with worry, “a dragon.”

Everypony gasped, “A dragon!?”

Efreet nodded, “Yes a dragon,” she paused briefly for suspense’s sake, “not just that, by the amount of smoke on the area I’d say it is an adult dragon.”

“Eeek!” Fluttershy screamed and snuggled Efreet as she shook in fear.

Efreet rolled her eyes, “this is going to last for a while isn’t?”

Rainbow descended a bit and put a supporting hoof on Efreet’s back, “I feel sorry for you,” she said with the most convincing straight face she could muster, but it was obvious she was holding a laugh.

“It is not me for whom you should be feeling sorry for. Regardless let just go,” Efreet said before starting the walk up the mountain with Fluttershy still attached to her.

“What was that about?” Rainbow was confused by that little statement.

Twilight with the rest behind her started following Efreet, “after what she show us, I can understand why she would say that Rainbow. What were you thinking?” she said this as she passed Rainbow.

“I was just making a joke!” Rainbow protested.

“Maybe ya should think before making ‘em jokes Rainbow.”

“I still do not know what is really happening, can somepony be a dear and tell me what is this all about?”

“I’ll tell you Rarity, but it is not easy to talk about it. It was a very big and disgusting revelation for all of us, me in particular for being Princess Celestia’s protégé…” looking at Rarity’s confused expression, Twilight proceeded to explain what all of them discovered thanks to Blazing Heart’s memories.


Pinkie, Efreet and Fluttershy were walking at the front as the rest were following from a distance.

Rarity was wiping away some tears with a tissue, “poor little thing… she has suffered so much.” Then rage took over, “what that, that… whorse!” Rarity quickly covered her mouth after shouting that.

“Woah, Rarity. Chill out, jeez,” Rainbow quickly reacted.

Efreet turned, “good one, Rarity. I still think that mare deserves way worse tough, but you’re good.”

“Why thank you dear. Even if I don’t approve of such language and I’ll be taking multiple baths after this little journey ends, I don’t regret saying that,” Rarity was brimming with pride.

Efreet giggled, “We’ll become really good friends Rarity I can see that now, just don’t lose your temper if Blazy’s around,” she joked.

“Ha ha, very funny darling,” Rarity said sarcastically.

Pinkie tapped Efreet on the back getting her attention, “hey Ifry, can we have Blazy back for a bit, pleeeeeease?”

Efreet raised an eye-brow, “why?”

Pinkie acted strangely meek, “I… I want to hug her, let her know that her auntie Pinkie will always be there for her. Ifry, pleeeeeeease?”

Efreet thought about it, the group stopped momentarily because of this, “Alright, I’ll let Blazy take control until we get to the source of the smoke.”

Pinkie and Fluttershy’s eyes lit up at this.

“But with one condition, nopony will tell her anything of what you now are aware of, I don’t want her to remember that.” Efreet displayed a serious expression as she said this, but her features softed before continuing, “I would ask you to protect her as she’s in control, but I think it’s not necessary, right?”

“You can count on us Efreet, Blazing Heart will not come to harm’s way I promise,” Twilight spoke up.

“Thank you,” with that said Efreet closed her eyes and focused, the ribbons on her mane changed from black to white and her cutie mark from a black burning heart to a red one.

“Blazy?” Fluttershy asked softly.

Blazing Heart slowly opened her eyes, “huh?” she looked at Fluttershy, “mom?”

“Good morning sweetie.”

The others besides Pinkie didn’t know what to make of this revelation.

“Good morning mom,” Blazy looked at Pinkie next, “good morning auntie Pinkie.”

“Mooooooorning, Blazy! Here have a cupcake!” Pinkie suddenly forced a cupcake into Blazy’s mouth, “how is it!?”

After the starting surprise passed, Blazy chewed on the cupcake tasting its flavor with a happy expression, “ish delishious!” she swallowed, “thank you auntie,” Blazy gave Pinkie a hug.

“Aww, Blazy you’re so cute! I will never let you go!” Both Pinkie and Blazy started giggling amusingly.

Fluttershy looked with a warm expression at the giggling duo.

“Can somepony please tell what’s going on now? I don’t get it,” Rainbow asked as she got closer.

Fluttershy blushed some, “Well… you see…”


Twenty minutes later the group was at a cliff’s side.

“Be careful, this area seems unstable, try not to make any loud noises until we get past it,” Twilight recommended.

“Uhh… what would happen if we do?” Blazy asked curiously.

Rainbow creeped closer to her, “rock avalanche,” she whispered into her ear.

Blazy yelped, “A-avalanche…?” she shakily asked.

“Rainbow…” Applejack called.

But she didn’t took notice of it, or she didn’t want to notice to be more precise, instead she grew a mischievous smirk, “yeah… it’s a scary thing, rocks fall all over and if you get hit by one you get crushed.”

“Eeek!” Blazy screamed a little too loud and well… the area started to shake.

“Oh, horseapples.”

“Run!”

Everypony except Rainbow ran with all their strength to get away from the big rocks that were falling, they dodged, jumped, stopped and ran again to avoid the mortal danger that these rocks represented.

Rainbow on the other hoof just treated this as a game, flying casually between the rocks without paying attention to the dismay this caused to her friends bellow.

Fluttershy was running behind Blazing Heart, everything seemed to be fine so far, just a little more and they will make it. But, then a little rock hit Blazy on her front leg making her trip under the trajectory of a huge rock. Fluttershy’s eyes shrank and in an impulse she dashed as fast as she could, “Blazy!!!” she screamed.

The rest who managed to get out of avalanche turned back when they heard Fluttershy’s scream and looked in shock at what was going to happen.

Pinkie tried to get back but was stopped by Applejack.

“Applejack, let me go!” Pinkie protested in despair.

“It’s dangerous ta get back there Pinkie!”

Even Rainbow was paralyzed.

Fluttershy managed to get in time and grabbed Blazy from her mid-section; she knew she wouldn’t get out in time by carrying Blazy with her, “everything will be fine sweetheart.” She whispered to her.

“Mom?” Blazy didn’t like how her mom said that.

The next thing she knew was that her mom threw her outside of the radius of the rock; she hit the hard ground and rolled a couple of feet from the angle she landed on, when she lifted her head to look back time seemed to stop slow down for her.

Fluttershy looked at her with a warm smile, “be nice, ok? And remember that I’ll always love you,” she said trying to hide her resignation.

Blazing Heart eyes shrank to pinpricks, “mom!” she tried to get closer but she wouldn’t make it in time, “mommy!!!” she screamed in despair.

Just moments before the rock could crush Fluttershy, something on Blazy’s mind broke and an image flashed in her head.

‘I want mommy!’ she heard herself as a filly, the image showed her a tall white mare in golden regalia, some armored ponies and another mare she couldn’t recognize but it seemed familiar to her.

“Fluttershy!” the group screamed from the other side.

Rainbow finally snapped out of her shock to dash off but she wouldn’t be able to make it in time, ‘what have I done!? Why was I so stupid!?’ she thought to herself.

“Noooooo!!!” Blazy’s voice resounded on the area and her body floated a feet away from the ground before a swarm of fireballs flew all over.

The rest of the falling rocks including the one about to crush Fluttershy became dust after colliding with the fireballs.

Rainbow got sent spiraling backwards from the various explosions; the others could only stare in awe at the scene developing in front of them.


‘Noooooo!!!’ Sunset violently woke up and started looking around frantically.

“What... was that?”

She continued to look around.

“That sounded like…”

Then the realization came to her.

“Blazy!”

Sunset put up her illusion spell, got her packed saddlebags and ran out of her hideout in direction of Manehattan’s train station.

‘Blazy is in trouble, screw sneaking around, my little angel needs me!’


Razer started intently at the cave’s entrance, what just happened wasn’t normal. Whoever was coming to the top of the mountain was not any normal pony.

Not any pony would be able to throw fire like that.

“That was not normal magic either, could it be that another dragon is coming?”

“I… do not think that’s the case, Razer…”

“Ponies can’t throw fire, Glimmer.”

“Ponies can’t make ice either… but I can…”

Razer rolled his eyes, “you’re not anypony Glimmer, don’t compare yourself with other ponies.”

“Umm… I don’t feel different from anypony else…”

“You know what? Forget it; whoever is coming can use fire as well, I’m curious about that, but what do you want me to do with them?”

“Just… get them to go away… don’t hurt them if you can avoid it, please… I don’t want anypony to be hurt.”

“If that is what you want then it will be done, Glimmer.”

“Thank you…”

“Don’t mention it.”

They were prepared to receive their guests, but didn’t know that somepony else was around as well.


Twilight and the rest couldn’t see anything from the dust cloud that formed from the rocks that exploded.

“Is everypony alright?” Twilight asked with concern.

“Pinkie and Ah’ are fine.”

“I couldn’t say I ‘am fine dear, this dust is ruining my mane!”

“What just happened now?” Rainbow dug herself out of a little tree that grew at the side of the mountain.

“Blazy! Fluttershy!” Pinkie rushed deeper into the dust cloud.

“Blazy! Fluttershy! Answer me please!”

“Pinkie, we’re over here. Blazy is unconscious, but I can’t see the way to get out,” Fluttershy said from somewhere inside the cloud.

“I’m coming Fluttershy!” Pinkie said that, but she couldn’t see a thing either.

“Rainbow,” Twilight called, “can you make an air stream?”

“Yeah, I can. Why?”

“Can you make one strong enough to clear the dust cloud?”

“This thing is massive; it will take a while to disperse it.”

“Just do it Rainbow, we need to help Fluttershy and Blazing Heart!”

“On it!” Rainbow started to fly in circles increasing in speed with every lap.

Periodically Rainbow’s rotation started to create a mini tornado that slowly pushed the dust cloud upwards.

“It’s working Rainbow, keep going! Pinkie, Fluttershy, Blazing Heart! Keep down until Rainbow clears the dust!” Twilight advised.

Fluttershy hearing what was going on kept Blazing Heart close to her, “we’re going to be fine Blazy… Rainbow will get us out of here,” she said softly.

Pinkie crawled close to the ground and sniffed around like a dog, she was following a particular smell she could recognize, and eventually she managed to get to Fluttershy and Blazy, “found ya!”

“Pinkie? How did you find us?” Fluttershy asked with surprise.

“Oh, you silly filly,” Pinkie put up a jester’s outfit she took from somewhere in her mane, “I can do anything!” Then she threw the outfit away and took cover closer to the other two.

Pinkie glanced upwards to an edge, up there she saw two pony silhouettes, but she couldn’t make up details about them.

Shortly after a strong gust of wind came out suddenly, dissipating the dust cloud almost immediately.

Everypony had to close their eyes due to the strong wind.

“What is this!?” Twilight’s voice was muffled by the wind current.

Rainbow thought the wind would throw her away, but it didn’t she noticed something strange about this sudden wind current, ‘why is the wind avoiding me?’

About a minute later the dust cloud was no more.


When the wind calmed down, the group opened their eyes to see what happened.

The area was clean, even the smoke wasn’t there anymore either.

“W-what happened?” Twilight asked in complete confusion.

Everypony looked at Rainbow with suspicious stares.

She crossed her front legs and frowned, “hey don’t look at me like that. I didn’t do that.”

Pinkie helped Fluttershy to get on her hooves and carried Blazy on her back.

“That wind was weird.” She pointed out.

“What do you mean with weird?” Twilight asked.

Rainbow landed with the group, “It wasn’t normal wind, somepony was moving it. Pegasus can produce wind with speed but we can’t move it like that.”

“What are ya saying Rainbow, nopony can’t move wind.”

“I know, but this wind moved, I swear! I was in the middle of that thing and the wind didn’t hit me, it went around me,” Rainbow explained.

“Maybe the ponies that were up there move it?” Pinkie guessed by what she saw earlier.

“Leaving that aside for a moment, is our dear Blazing Heart alright?”

“She’s ok Rarity, I was scared at first but she just passed out thankfully,” Fluttershy reassured before stroking Blazy’s mane softly.

Everypony was glad that nopony was hurt after all of this.

Rainbow apologized for acting so recklessly before and the question if they should keep going arise.

“We have to keep going girls, we confirmed that there’s something strange in this mountain, we have an adult dragon and suspicions about another spirit, on top of that there’s this mysterious wind,” Twilight adopted a more serious behavior.

“But what could we possibly do against a dragon darling? We are just a group of ponies,” Rarity raised a point.

Applejack nodded in agreement, “that and what will we do if da dragon goes mad at us?”

“Can’t we just like kick his butt or something?” Rainbow asked non-chanlantly.

“Dragon scales are very sturdy and can resist magic, doing damage to them is not easy, our best option is trying to talk him down.” Twilight replied.

“But what about the spirit, silly?” Pinkie raised another good point.

“Well,” Rarity started, “if Winter Glimmer is in fact a spirit like Miss Efreet suspects, I think we could get to good terms with her, she’s not somepony violent like Rainbow Dash.”

“Hey!” Rainbow interrupted.

“Rainbow dear, I didn’t finish my statement, please stay silent until I do so,” Rarity said firmly.

Rainbow groaned but didn’t protest any further.

“As I was saying Winter Glimmer is not a violent pony, she has been nothing more than a sweetheart during all this time I’ve known her.”

“We can’t be sure Rarity, what if she was just acting nice?” Twilight raised the question.

All of them were thinking of possible situations that could play out, ignoring the fact that somepony was watching them.


“Aww… they aren’t doing any more risky stuff, booooooring.” A cheerful voice said.

“What did you expect sis? They are just normal ponies,” a more calmer voice replied.

“But they have Ifry’s new host with them! They could do so much fun stuff!”

“Why are you calling Miss Efreet that way?”

“Hey the pink one called her that and was no biggie, so I’m doing it too!” the cheerful one said with her rock solid logic.

“She will be mad at you when she finds out.” The calm one pointed out.

“You’re thinking too much about it sis, Ifry loves me too much to hurt me.” The cheerful one said with certainty.

“I think you’re confusing love with tolerance there, sis.” The calm one said, noticing the obliviousness of her sibling.

“Same thing, sis.”

The calm one sighed, “Anyway what do we do now, sis?”

“Well, duh. We keep stalking them of course; we can probably see something interesting if we do, especially with Ifry and Hermy here.”

“One day this mentality of yours will come to bit you in the flank, sis.”

“Nuh uh, I’m too cool for that!”

The calm one facehoofed, “let’s just go.”

The cheerful one giggled amusingly, “You’re the boss, sis!”

With that both of them disappeared in a gust of wind.