• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 819 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 819

Chapter 3

Author's Note:

Chapter 3 yep, I wonder if I'm making any sense with this :rainbowhuh: I mean, I hope I'am but with almost no feed back I can't know for sure if I'm not contradicting myself, which would be silly but fun :pinkiecrazy:.

Anyways enjoy the thing everyone!

Fluttershy flew at speeds that could put her best friend to shame; her worry for Blazing Heart was way too much. It may be her motherly instincts kicking in, but she really cared for the little mare. She didn’t want to leave her alone; it was something Fluttershy couldn’t explain.

Maybe because Blazing Heart reminded her of herself, Blazy is shy like her… well, normal Blazy is. Efreet was a little like her friend Rainbow Dash, speaks her mind out loud and can be mean sometimes.

Getting closer to her cottage she slowed down to not crash against the door, but she still rushed inside.

“Angel! Angel!” She called for her bunny friend.

Hopping into scene, Angel approached and looked at Fluttershy with surprise at how winded she was.

“Angel, is Blazy on here? Please tell me she’s here?” Fluttershy asked hopefully.

Unfortunately, Angel shook his head.

These news struck Fluttershy hard, she bolted out her cottage and back towards Ponyville. She didn’t cared how much energy she was wasting with this tremendous amount of physical effort. She just wanted to find Blazy and know if she was ok, the sore parts of her body were put aside in her mind, she also forgot about the bird’s singing for the Summer Sun Celebration that was just a few hours away from starting.

She didn’t know where to look next, she was afraid of her friend being in an unknown place. But even worse, she was afraid that “no name” could stumble upon anypony, if she was as dangerous as Efreet made her sound then Fluttershy had to find Blazy as soon as possible to avoid any hurt ponies.

Obviously she ignored the possibility of her friend being in the wild Everfree Forest. That was a thought that didn’t crossed her mind because it was obvious that nopony would go there willingly.


Hours later, it was really late in the strangely darker night, Fluttershy searched non-stop during all that time.

Rainbow Dash was flying towards town hall after Pinkie’s party when she noticed Fluttershy’s strange behavior, wondering why her friend wasn’t in the party and seemingly flying randomly over the town, she decided to ask what was going on.

“Hey Fluttershy!” Rainbow called and approached Fluttershy.

Fluttershy stopped and turned to face Rainbow, the cyan pegasus noticed the worried look on her friend, she had dry tear trails under her eyes which were a little red.

“Did something happen Flutters?” Rainbow asked.

Fluttershy was hesitant of telling Rainbow what the situation was at first, but then she thought ‘She wouldn’t let me go if I don’t tell her, and lying doesn’t seem right…’

“A really important friend is missing Rainbow, I’ve been looking for her for hours now and I still can’t find any clues of where she could be,” Fluttershy explained.

“Is your friend somepony I know?” Rainbow asked, but Fluttershy shook her head, “tell me how she looks; I’ll help you find her.”

“Oh no, I couldn’t possibly involve you on this, besides I looked all over Ponyville already, asked some ponies and searched over the lake too. I had no luck, I have no idea where she could be, I’m so worried that something happened to Blazy,” Fluttershy said and started to sob, clearly she was worried sick about Blazing Heart’s safety.

“Woah woah, don’t start crying on me, just tell me about her so I can help you find her and don’t tell me that I can’t get involved again because you know that I’ll help you anyways. So now spill the beams and let’s find ‘Blazy’ or whatever their name is.”Rainbow stated firmly.

Fluttershy was out of options, and Rainbow was right she would help her no matter what. She was actually relieved that her friend was so insistent, she still didn’t like the possibility of Rainbow finding ‘no name’ in Blazy’s body, but Rainbow was able to handle such situation right?

With her mind made up, Fluttershy told Rainbow everything she needed to know. Omitting the details that Efreet said it was only for the two of them.

After everything was said the two separated to search again in some of the spots Fluttershy checked before, even if it was a fruitless effort they had to try.

Meanwhile the rest of the town was gathering in town hall to wait the start of the celebration.


‘Unnamed’ Blazing Heart had an uneventful walk towards the structure known as the Castle of the Two Sisters. Well uneventful for her standards, it wasn’t uneventful for all the creatures that were reduced to dust by her short temper and powerful fire magic.

She felt magic around during the entirety of her trip to the castle, she knew somepony was throwing all those obstacles in her way, clearly somepony didn’t want her to step in the castle for whatever reason, that just made her push her way harder. It wasn’t like her to do this kind of stuff, but something about the magic around her felt familiar to the magic her master wields.

You could say she felt simple “curiosity” because if this entity was planning anything, she could just dispose of it like she always does for her master. After all… that was the only purpose for her “existance.”

Crossing the old bridge, an annoying fog covered the area suddenly; she could hear whispers from a shadowy figure that she couldn’t recognize. The magic in the area was stronger, knowing that the being that picked her curiosity was close she ignored the worthless game that was going on.

Still the dark figure in the fog that resembled a unicorn wasn’t familiar to her at all. So instead of dealing with this lame trick, she destroyed part of the stone floor with a fireball, the resulting shockwave from the explosion dispersed the fog and the figure with it. This unfortunately also cut the ropes that were holding one extreme of the bridge leaving it hanging on the other side.

“Why would somepony continue with this after seeing what I did back there? Are they stupid or something?” she said in her characteristic dull voice, that didn’t make that statement any less true though.

Once inside, she saw the pedestal with the suspended Elements of Harmony, “I wonder why my master doesn’t have these in the new castle instead of this decadent place?” she spoke her mind out loud, before continuing her way towards the place she thought the magic was stronger.

Well, the magic in area of the throne room was indeed stronger; she could feel the pressure with every step closer to the throne that seemed to be empty.

A sinister giggle could be heard, “Well, well, well. What do we have here? A little mare looking in places she shouldn’t? How daring for a filly.” The voice took the form of a black alicorn mare with a flowing starry mane and tail wearing blue armor; “huh?” she looked surprised by the “filly” kneeling to her.

“It’s an honor to finally meet you, Princess of the Night or should I say Queen of the Night?” Dull Blazy said in her kneeling position.

“So, you do know who I’ am. That’s a surprise, an enjoyable one I must say. It’s good to see somepony with proper respect for royalty on this sun loving era, you may introduce yourself my little pony.” Nightmare Moon replied.

“As you wish, my name is Blazing Heart your highness; I’m just a mere servant for alicorns to use. I have been trained to obey only alicorns for almost the entirety of my life; I’ve been serving under your sister’s command during these last few years.” Blazy explained.

That last part got Nightmare’s attention, “My sister you say? Did she send you here for negotiation perhaps? Or maybe you’re a mere distraction for an ambush?” she didn’t sense anypony else.

“No majesty your sister doesn’t know about your return and I have no knowledge about any plan in the remote case you did. You can scan my mind if you doubt me I have no issues in the slightest.” Blazy offered the option to Nightmare Moon.

“You’re quite the odd character Blazing Heart; I’ll take you on that offer.” Nightmare Moon accepted the offer to inspect Blazing Heart’s mind to make sure she wasn’t lying, ‘Also if she’s been serving Celestia, then there could be something in this mind I could use to get my revenge on her.’

Blazing Heart sat on her rump, eyes closed in serene peace waiting for the spell to do its job.

Nightmare’s horn ignited and the memory reading spell was cast to get the information she wanted.

It seemed to work fine so far, Nightmare saw that Blazing Heart wasn’t sent here, it was mere curiosity for being in the area. But that wasn’t enough for her and continued with her plan to get even more information, exploring further back she could witness the crude and brutal missions her sister had sent this mare to accomplish, she was quite shocked that such amount of violence was still present in Equestria. But it wasn’t something she didn’t saw in the past, so she didn’t bother with it too much. After all she was responsible for many beheadings during the time before her banishment.

What she did find interesting was the fact that Celestia did this for at least six years according to the memories she was seeing. She also learned the age of this mare, and was surprised to know that she was only 15 years old, which meant she was 9 when Celestia started to send her to do these quests. But even more surprising was the fact that this filly had control over fire magic, something that even back then wasn’t something so common.

‘I see, it seems Celestia is abusing a rare occurrence to get rid of possible threats to her reign, not even that but she’s also disposing of ponies just because she feels like doing it using this mare. Ha! And they labeled me as evil?’ she thought before laughing loudly and evilly. “HA! HA! HA! HA!”

“I discovered something useful, but I need to indulge more into your mind for certain details. Stand still this will not hurt, much.” Nightmare said with a creepy smile.

“You’re free to do so; I’m just a tool for alicorn gains.” Blazing Heart said with her monotone voice without opening her eyes.

Nightmare didn’t need to be told twice, and casted an even stronger spell to reach deeper in Blazing’s memories, most ponies would scream in pain at such spells being casted on them due to the sharp pain magic causes on the victim’s head. Nightmare expected her to recoil in pain but not such thing happened, something she didn’t expect was not being able to do this. ‘What is the meaning of this? Why is such a barrier in her mind? Well it doesn’t matter I just need to increase the strength of the spell even more, she won’t mind even if her brain fries, after all she’s just a tool.’ She then proceeded to increase the power of the spell ignoring Blazing Heart’s safety… or her own.

Because sometimes the walls of the mind are there to protect outsiders instead of the hosts, Nightmare learned this the hard way when she saw the memories of something that was not normal.

It was destruction, destruction and corpses everywhere, an ancient looking city on flaming ruins and a single figure looking at the chaos from a hill. Nightmare couldn’t make any features of the pony on the hill because the hood of the robe casted a pitch black shadow over the face. Suddenly everything went into total darkness and a pair of red eyes that had a flaming glow behind them, those eyes were digging in her soul. For the first time in over a millennia Nightmare Moon felt uneasy and threatened, moments later she felt an incredible pressure and she was violently ejected from Blazing Heart’s mind cancelling the spell and leaving her quite shaken.

“What happened your highness? Why did the spell cut out so suddenly?” Blazing Heart asked with her unemotional voice, after all it wasn’t in her to care about others she was just curious.

Nightmare just stared at her cautiously, ‘this mare is not normal, there’s something powerful inside her. I’ll have to be careful with her.’

“Somepony has gone through the border of the forest where I put a sensory spell; there are six of them to be specific. Do I go after them?” Blazing Heart asked.

“No, I have some ideas of what to do with them; you stay here and guard the throne room.” Nightmare ordered.

“As you wish highness.” Blazing Heart kneeled in respect.


Fluttershy followed Twilight along with her friends into the Everfree, she wanted to keep searching for Blazy but the menace of Nightmare Moon was over them and they decided to stop her.

“Come on Fluttershy, I know you are worried about your new friend, but we need to kick Nightmare’s flank if we want to see the sun tomorrow.” Rainbow said while airborne.

“I know, but I can’t help it. She asked for my help but I wasn’t able to, I feel terrible.” Fluttershy said in a depressing tone.

“Don’t worry Fluttershy, after we deal with Nightmare Moon I’ll help you find your friend too. I need to apologize to her, she was defending you and I took it personal, I’m sorry.” Twilight said to Fluttershy apologetically.

Fluttershy smiled some at that, and the six mares went deeper into the forest, without noticing the strange blue mist following them.


Meanwhile in Canterlot Castle, the guards got reports from the squad sent to Poniville that the being known as Nightmare Moon returned.

When they gave the information to Princess Celestia, she replied with, “I have no time to waste with such rubbish; I have more important matters to attend to. Just send more guards, Twilight will eventually come to a solution for this situation, so don’t bother telling me anything else about this topic unless a relevant town is involved.”

The guards just could watch as their Princess walked away irritated by the interruption of whatever she was doing at the moment. They didn’t dare to contradict her though, if she was so sure that they could overcome this situation they could just believe in their ruler and do as she said.

‘Luna, why do you have to be a nuisance when I’m so busy? You’ve always been such a pain in the flank when you didn’t got what you wanted, just like a spoiled filly, I hope you get humiliated and grow up a little.’ This were Celestia’s thought at the matter. But she immediately went into her search for Sunset Shimmer again; she didn’t have the time in her hooves to waste it in her childish sister.