• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 819 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 819

Chapter 5

Darkness, complete darkness was the only thing in Blazing Heart’s mind during her sleep. Or it used to be that way for many years, something changed inside her head, she felt something warm and homely, for the first time in so many years she was dreaming.

She found herself in a flowery field, covered by a clean and starry night sky the moon casting a soothing light that relaxed her, she felt at peace here, she felt safe, she felt… free.

But even if this was a dream and she was indeed dreaming, Blazing Heart didn’t know this simple fact, she just sat there for a moment letting the nice breeze to go through her fur and mane, drinking it all in and then slowly open her eyes, “this is a beautiful place, I would like to know where it is, it doesn’t look like the clearing that is near Fluttershy’s house,” she said in her sweet voice, she should be panicking, she didn’t know where she was and her last memory was being attacked by a monster in a scary forest.

But she wasn’t, she just felt at complete peace. What could this mean? She had no idea. That was until another being made act of presence.

“I appreciate your compliment over my work, my friend,” the alicorn of the night said while descending from the moon.

Blazing Heart stared in awe as the alicorn descended with the light of moon beautifying her figure. But what she said confused her; she just called her, ‘friend’? Why would this pony who she has never met, call her ‘friend’?

With that same confusion she mustered the courage to ask, “Who are you?”

Now was Luna’s turn to be confused, she tilted her head to the side, “what do you mean, Blazy? You already know who I ‘am.”

“No I don’t, I never meet you before miss,” Blazy said with innocence.

This got Luna’s attention, her friend shouldn’t be this vulnerable… by now the one she knew would be annoying her, but that wasn’t the case right now, and instead she got to meet a pure looking Blazing Heart. This was the total opposite of the overconfident, rude and downright blasphemous being that was her old friend.

With some silly curiosity powering her actions, Luna played along just make sure this wasn’t a joke, “Oh, I’m sorry little one, I must have confused you by the likes of my friend, your resemblance with her is incredible.”

“That’s ok, I hope you’re able to find your friend miss, I want to look for mine too, but I don’t know where I ‘am. Do you know where this is, miss...”

“Forgive my lack of manners, I’ve been away for quite a while, I ‘am Princess Luna co-ruler of Equestria and the one who brings the night to our lands and protects ponies from nightmares in their sleep,” Luna introduced herself holding her head high with pride.

The sound of giggling took her by surprise, looking down Luna saw Blazy giggling into her hoof in a cute manner, “Did I say something entertaining?”

“You’re funny, miss Luna,” the amused young mare said.

Luna smiled warmly at this, there was no way this adorable mare would be her friend, but she made sure to enter her friend’s dreamscape, why would she find a different pony? Did she mistook this one with her friend’s? No, there was no way that this was a mistake, after all she made this dream to break the seal on her mind, the magic of her sister was present in Blazy’s mind making it impossible for her to experience dreams, so she had to break through the spell, even if it was her sister’s magic, such spell wasn’t a problem for her to at least open the way for Blazy to have dreams again.

Luna cleared her throat, “well, going back to your question my little pony, this is not a real location on Equestria, is a land made on your mind, you’re currently sleeping right now.”

“So, am I dreaming?” Luna nodded as a response; Blazy tapped her chin with a hoof deep in thought while looking around, “hmm, I didn’t know I could do that… I normally don’t see anything other than my friend when I sleep.”

“The reason for that is…” Luna was about to tell her the reason why she wasn’t able to dream.

“Luna stop, you’ll scare her!” another Blazing Heart appeared.

Luna stared confused, but the pure one hugged to new one which looked slightly older, taller and had longer bangs of mane almost covering one of her eyes.

“Blazy, can you go play for a bit? I need to talk with Luna alone for a moment,” the older one asked to the young one in a soothing voice.

The younger one nodded happily and went away to look for something to do, Luna got the hint and used her magic to create some little animals to make young Blazing Heart company.

The older Blazy watched her younger clone for a moment before focusing on Luna, “I appreciate what you tried to do Luna, I really do. But please don’t tell her.”

Luna still didn’t know what to make of the situation, but came to the conclusion that this one was the Blazing Heart she wanted to see.

“Why not? And why do you look like that?” she asked curiously.

“If you do, she’ll remember what Celestia did to her, I will not let that happen Luna. Blazy deserves a peaceful life after everything she went through, as for why do I look like this? Well, this is what Blazy thought I would look like; even if she couldn’t dream, I was able to communicate with her; I let her know that she wasn’t alone in that darkness, I tried my best to cheer her up and one day she made this form for me so she wouldn’t feel alone.” Efreet closed her eyes in deep thought for a moment.

Luna looked at the young mare that was playing with the animals with a sad expression, “I’m sorry, is her mind stable?”

“Surprisingly yes, she has a strong mind for her personality, and don’t be sorry Luna, you didn’t know. By the way, how did your sister take your return?” Efreet asked casually.

Luna frowned, “she didn’t care in the slightest, she tried to fake a smile and make it look like everything was fine, but I know when she lies.”

“What about your plan to restore the old castle? Did she suspect something?”

Luna tapped her chin with a hoof a few times, “I don’t think she suspects anything, and I believe she was actually happy for me to go away as soon as possible.”

“Did she mention Blazy?”

“No, she did not mention anything to me personally, but she is searching for you in all Equestria my friend, it’s just a matter of time before she gets to Ponyville.”

“I know, but we need time, I need to totally remove the seal Blazy has on her mind, thanks to you I managed to recover my memories from before I even meet you, but hers are still blocked.”

“I see, I will assist you in any way I can but now I must return to my obligations,” Luna then remembered something, “Oh, I almost forgot, I noticed something else about Celestia.”

“What is it?”

“She also seems to be looking for somepony else besides you.” This response made Efreet to look at her with a raised brow.

“Celestia is looking for somepony else, you say? That’s strange, who could that pony be?”

“I don’t know, but there has to be a reason for my sister to be looking for another pony so desperately,” Luna faced the moon and opened her wings, she looked back to her friend, “maybe the answer is on your host’s memories.” She said while flapping her wings to get airborne.

Efreet considered the possibility but put it aside for now, “well, we can always figure that out, for now its better if we let Blazy rest with a happy dream.”

Luna smiled, “rest assured my friend, she will have peaceful dreams from now on. I will make sure of it.” She said before leaving the dream.

Efreet waved good bye to her until she was out of view. Then with a satisfied sigh she turned and went to see how Blazy was doing before leaving too.


The next morning.

Blazing Heart was sleeping soundly, until the sun decided to be a meanie and struck her in the eyes, making her wake up.

She groaned a little and tried to get back to sleep covering her face with the bed sheets, but to her dismay these were translucent white, not the best color to stop light from entering your eyes.

Giving up to her destiny, Blazing Heart opened her eyes and stretched the soreness away, she inspected her surroundings. She quite expected to wake up in that forest from last night, but she didn’t; instead she woke up in a comfortable bed, well that explains the sheets.

She heard soft snoring close to her, rubbing her eyes with a hoof; she focused to see with more clarity.

“Fluttershy?” Blazy saw her friend sleeping with her head resting at the edge of the bed.

The yellow pegasus blinked lazily a few times and yawned softly.

“Good morning, Blazy. Did you sleep well?” Fluttershy asked with a warm smile.

“I did, but how did I get here?” Blazy asked with confusion.

Now it was Fluttershy’s turn to be confused, “hmm? We came here after what happened in the Everfree Forest…”

Blazy just got even more confused, “we did? I just remember a scary forest and then… nothing.”

“Oh…” Fluttershy didn’t know what to do, ‘oh my goodness, this is normal Blazy, it’s hard to know without her wearing her ribbons.’

Blazing Heart tilted her head to the side in a cute way, “don’t worry Fluttershy, maybe it just something that I will remember later, like you said it’s no use to push it.”

Fluttershy was glad that she didn’t push the topic further, “y-yes,” she said meekly, “how does breakfast sound?”

The little grumble from Blazy’s belly replied for her, “breakfast sounds nice…” she said with a blush.

Fluttershy petted her out of instinct, “alright, I’ll go make it, you can rest a little bit more if you want.”

Blazy appreciated the petting, “I want to help.”

“Oh no… that would be rude of me, just relax ok?”

But Blazy wasn’t going to just accept that, she used the puppy eyes with quivering lips. It was a critical hit at Fluttershy’s d’aww o meter.

She couldn’t resist the cuteness and gave up, “alright Blazy, can you help me feed the animals while I make breakfast?”

Blazy nodded excitedly, “leave it to me Fluttershy!” with that she jumped out of bed and bounced happily outside.

The sight of the excited mare warmed Fluttershy’s heart; she followed her outside to explain what she had to do before going inside and start with breakfast.

Fluttershy was a little worried about Blazy, so she took peeks outside through a window to check on her, but the animals were behaving and Angel was helping her if she got confused.

The day couldn’t have started in a better note.


Spike was going through the library picking up the all the notes that were dispersed on the floor.

“Twi, do you really need all these notes?” he asked while dodging a ball of paper that Twilight tossed behind her from the desk.

“Not now Spike, I need to prepare for when I go get all the information I need from that mare, I want an explanation to so many things! Who she really is? Why does she know so much about the Elements of Harmony? How did she knew who Nightmare Moon was? And so many more,” Twilight rambled from the desk while scribbling notes and questions in different order.

Spike rolled his eyes; he knew for experience that speaking with Twilight when she’s like that was a lost cause; then another discarded note hit him in the face.


Sunset paced through the streets of Manehattan after sleeping on a bench for the night. She got used to her body again, but she needed to recover her strength. Fortunately for her, even if Celestia erased any trace of her existence like she said she would do, the bank still had that account she made with Blazy’s name, back in the day she deposited three hundred bits on that account for Blazy’s education, she took the money out which raised to three hundred and sixty due to interest for twelve years.

She bought some simple looking saddlebags a few other articles, right now she stopped at a coffee shop to get something on her belly.

That was when she noticed something on the corner of her eye, a unicorn royal guard stallion with a creamy white coat, and blue mane and tail could be seen from the window.

‘It seems this is my lucky day, long time no see honey... fufufu~’ Sunset thought while the most devious smile ever crossed her face.

Author's Note:

Sunset please don't castrate ponies...

...

...

In public. :pinkiecrazy: