• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 819 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 819

Chapter 6

Author's Note:

I finally got back to this story, it really was a trip.

So many stuff to consider.

But oh well, I hope you can enjoy this chapter as much as I did enjoy writing it.

With that said, Kona-chan, out!

Sunset wanted no more than to get revenge on that stallion, but she needed to be careful, she couldn’t just do it in plain sight, besides for some strange reason the guard activity has multiplied since the day before. There was no mistake, Sunbutt already knew she escaped the void in which she was imprisoned and send her guard to look for her. But there is a spell for almost everything and fortunately she knew the perfect spell for the occasion, she paid for her breakfast and went outside carefully to not attract the attention of any guard, she also was looking for an alleyway to cast the illusion spell on herself to alter her appearance.

Having found a deserted one, she casted the spell changing her mane and tail to a single tone of blue, her coat to white and her cutie mark changed from a sun to a moon, she also tied her mane into a ponytail.

With her preparations done, she started following her target. But she also wanted some information so she had to play it cool for now.

“Excuse me, guard?”

The guard turned, “is there something you need, Miss?”

Sunset mentally threw a hoof on the air victoriously, ‘it seems I fooled him, well he wasn’t too bright before either…’ but that feeling fade away rather quickly, ‘I suppose I can’t brag too much about it, since I fell for this guy. Blazy… forgive me for not giving you a good father.’

Making an effort to not show her current emotions, Sunset faked a smile, “I was wondering why are there so many guards today, did something happen?”

“Princess Celestia has demanded for the capture of a dangerous criminal who escaped banishment, the amount of guards has been increased in order for the search to go swiftly. We are asking the citizen for help if they have seeing this criminal.”

After hearing the explanation, she mentally cursed Sunbutt for spreading such bull about her, “how does the criminal look?”

The guard unrolled a scroll with a picture and showed it to her, “this is the mare that escaped, have you seen her around Miss?”

Sunset just took a glance to confirm that it was a picture of her, “what did this mare do to be banished? It had to be very serious for the Princess to go to such extent.”

But the guard hesitated, “My apologies, but we aren’t allowed to spread that information Miss.”

Sunset was disappointed, but that will change soon, “oh, I see. But I think I saw this mare before.”

“Really? Where did you saw her Miss?”

Sunset pointed at the abandoned alleyway, “Over there, she was acting a little strange; I didn’t had the courage to follow her.”

“You made the right choice, who knows what that criminal would’ve done to you, Miss. May I ask how long ago did you saw her?”

Sunset adopted a more pushy attitude, “About ten minutes ago, she’s probably still around there, maybe you can catch up with her if you hurry now.”

The guard nodded and took off in that direction. Sunset grew a smirk and followed behind.

The guard got to a dead end, after a short run, there was nopony on the area and there were really no plausible hidden places around.

“Fufufu~” with a soft giggling Sunset approached the confused guard.

The guard turned as Sunset drop off the illusion spell, his eyes wide from recognition.

Sunset with a mocking smile untied her mane, “well, hello there hon, do you remember me?”

“Criminal! In the name of Princess Celestia, surrender now or face the consequenc-“

A magic blast shut him up and sent him flying against the wall.

“It’s good to see Sunbutt’s guards are still as useless as ever. I wonder what went through my mind when I decided to join that bunch in the past.”

She rounded him as if she were a predator sizing its prey.

“It doesn’t matter much; you’re going to tell me what I want.”

The guard weak as he was, wasn’t going to budge so easily, “You won’t get anything from me, ruffian.”

Sunset closed the distance until their noses almost touched, “Oh~ but I will, don’t worry about that.”

The last thing the guard saw was Sunset igniting her horn before everything went black for him.


Fluttershy and Blazy went out for groceries, Fluttershy suggested that Blazy stayed home, but the hyperactive mare wanted to help and Fluttershy just couldn’t say no to her.

Fluttershy just couldn’t get enough of Blazy while she was in her “pure form.” Oh, don’t get her wrong, she likes Efreet just as much but something about Blazy makes her motherly instincts to kick in, even the way in which they were walking together right now gave that same sensation to onlookers. Obviously Blazy didn’t look like a filly since she’s fifteen, but her childish excitement and bouncy way of moving around made her adorable, this behavior reminded Fluttershy of Pinkie Pie only a little less hyperactive than the party pony.

As they strolled by the market buying the necessary things for dinner and then some more, ponies started talking about the new mare that nopony knew. Many question came out of this, such as if Blazy was related to Fluttershy, if she was just a friend and the one question that threw Fluttershy off the most, ‘is she your daughter?’

Something about that question that should’ve been answered with a simple ‘no’ was tormenting her, but why? Why did she felt that way?

‘I… I can’t do that, focus Fluttershy… even if I love her as if she were my own child, I can’t… Blazy surely has somepony out there, somepony who is looking for her. I’m only making sure she’s ok until they come for her, I couldn’t possibly think of her as my daughter… Blazy wouldn’t…’

Fluttershy’s train of thought got interrupted when Blazy suddenly hugged her.

“Mom?” Fluttershy heard Blazy speak with wonder on her voice.

Fluttershy looked at her wide eyed, “w-what did y-you call me?” tears about to escape her eyes.

Blazing Heart let go and sat on her rump, “Flutters, I’m sorry… I wanted to make a little joke, please don’t cry, I’m sorry…” Blazy was on the verge of tears as well.

Fluttershy recovered and saw the sad expression on Blazy, this time was her who started the hug, “forgive me Blazy… it wasn’t my intention to make you feel sad, what you said surprised me that’s all, please forgive me.”

“Really, you’re not sad for what I said?” Blazy asked meekly.

“I wasn’t sad Blazy, promise. Now please smile again, I don’t like seeing you sad.”

Blazy did as she was told and gave her a bright smile; she wiped the tears of her eyes and sheepishly faced the stall owner, “I’m sorry for making a scene sir…”

Fluttershy noticed how awkward the two of them would have looked doing this in the middle of the road and followed Blazy’s example, “No, I’m sorry, I don’t know what went into me, I’m so sorry…”

The stallion didn’t know what to do, two cute mares were apologizing to him, he wasn’t sure what happened for this situation to come up but he wasn’t complaining, “don’t be, I wouldn’t think of getting mad when such cute mares are apologizing so sincerely, please think nothing of it.”

Fluttershy and Blazy nodded gratefully and finished their purchases and left, the mares around giggling amusingly made their faces flush some.

“Hello there, you sillies~”

The two shamefaced mares turned to see Pinkie Pie bouncing their way.

Blazy hid behind Fluttershy, this picked up her attention but focused on Pinkie for now, “Oh, hello Pinkie.”

“Huh? Why is Blazy hiding there, Fluttershy?”

“I don’t know… Blazy is something wrong?”

Blazy nodded slowly while averting eye contact.

Pinkie appeared at her side, “Aww… what’s wrong?”

Blazy coyly looked at Pinkie, “I’m sorry…”

Pinkie tilted her head to the side, “Huh? Why?”

“I almost hurt you… Miss Pinkie… I’m sorry.”

Then Pinkie remembered what happened the day before, “Oh! But you didn’t and you felt bad about it, I can’t be the meanie pants here and be mad at you,” then she snatched Blazy from behind Fluttershy and hugged her, “especially when you’re just a sweet fluffy little cupcake!”

Fluttershy giggled at the scene, “Pinkie forgave you, aren’t you happy Blazy?”

Blazy had a blush on her face; her white fur made it even more noticeable but nodded nonetheless.

Pinkie let the little mare go, “you’re so cute Blazy. Do you want some sweets?”

Blazy’s eyes lit up, “really?” then looked at Fluttershy and remembered what they were doing, “Umm…”

Fluttershy approached and petted Blazy’s head lightly, “it’s ok sweetie; you can go with Pinkie. I’ll get the groceries home.”

“But…”

Fluttershy shook her head with a heartwarming smile, “I don’t mind Blazy, go and have fun.”

Blazy looked at her with conflict visible in her eyes, “are you really sure Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy just nodded and gave her a quick hug.

“Awww, you two look like mom and daughter,” then a thought crossed Pinkie’s mind, “hey Blazy,” she called getting her attention, “why don’t you call Fluttershy mom?”

Blazy looked away with sadness, “I can’t, I don’t think she likes it when I do that, we just had a problem when I tried it.”

Fluttershy had a conflict in her mind, ‘wasn’t that a joke? Maybe Blazy really wanted to call me mom at that moment… her look when she said that…’ then the resolution came to her, ‘oh my goodness…’

Pinkie put a supporting hoof on Blazy’s back, “please, try it for auntie Pinkie ok? Everything will be fine.”

Blazy took a moment but weakly nodded soon after; she looked at Fluttershy with shimmering eyes, “mom?”

Fluttershy with a warm smile looked back, “yes… my child?”

A smile grew on the little mare after hearing those words, “can… can I go with M…” she took a look at Pinkie then back a Fluttershy, “auntie Pinkie to have some sweets?”

Fluttershy caressed her mane, “of course, but be sure to obey what aunt Pinkie has to say ok?”

Blazy hugged her tightly, “sure, thanks mom.”

She let go and looked at a sobbing Pinkie Pie, “auntie Pinkie? What’s wrong?”

Fluttershy knew what Pinkie was feeling right now; she had to keep it inside for now though.

Pinkie exploded into confetti and bounced around energetically, “I’m an aunt! I’m an aunt! And my niece is adorable!” she landed on front of Blazing Heart, “Oh, we are going to have so much fun! We will bake together, play together, pull pranks together, bath together, sleep together-“ and her rambling kept on going.

As if she was being energized by Pinkie, Blazy started bouncing in place with an excited look, “sure auntie, we will do so many things!”

The two hyperactive mares then started bouncing their way to Sugar Cube Corner, Fluttershy waved at them with a smile, “take care you two, don’t cause too much trouble.”

Blazy waved back, “Ok, mom!”


Fluttershy got to her home, quickly got inside, closed the door, put the groceries on its place, went to her room and lay on her bed.

She started crying once again.

Angel having heard her from downstairs hopped into the scene, Fluttershy didn’t close the door so he entered without trouble and looked at her with worry.

The mare cried for some minutes, before calming down to the point of just sobbing a little.

Angel waited patiently for her to let everything out.

But he waited and waited, Fluttershy has been quiet for a time now, he jumped onto the bed, fortunately Fluttershy was just sleeping, peacefully sleeping with a very serene expression on her face.

Smiling himself, Angel covered Fluttershy with the covers and hopped out of the room to let her sleep in peace.


Sunset was in a shed eating an apple with a very satisfied expression.

“So, Blazy managed to escape from Sunbutt, that’s an enjoyable surprise I must admit.”

“Now I just need to know where Blazy is, I hope she’s alright,” her mood got a little somber, “but if she doesn’t remember me…” she shook her head to compose herself, “focus Sunset, you have to find your daughter, get her to safety and plan your revenge on that garbage mare.”

She threw the apple core behind her, and stood up to leave the shed, taking a last glance behind her, the only thing visible was a bloody white horn on the ground and the apple core that was next to a covered figure on the back of the shed.

“I’m sorry for that, but now at least you know the pain I went through during all these years, good bye my love.”

With that she closed the door, took a bottle she had filled with alcohol and a piece of cloth soaked with it on the neck of the bottle, igniting the cloth with a flame she made with some branches, she threw the blazing bottle through a window of the shed and walked away.

Sometime later ponies will find the shed burning down without a clue of what could have produced it.


Blazy had a lot of fun with her "aunt", by sunset she was heading back home, not without giving a good bye hug to her "aunt" beforehoof.

She wondered what her “mom” was doing in home at that moment.

When she got home the animal received her warmly, her “mom” preparing for dinner, they spoke about their days, what they did and so on.

Later at night they were preparing for sleep, after feeding the animals one last time.

But this rose a particular issue, there was only one bed.

“You take it mom, I slept on it last night; you must be tired.”

“Oh no, you sleep on the bed Blazy, you need it more than me.”

A little argument started, doing different things to decide who will sleep on bed. But they tied on every activity, Angel who witnessed all of that, facepawed.

After some convincing, he managed to make both of them share the bed that night.


Next morning as Twilight and Spike helped Applejack transport some apples to finish a bet the apple sibling made.

*Belch*

Spike burped a scroll with a moon seal.

“A letter from Princess C-“ Twilight was cut off by Spike.

“This is from Princess Luna.”

“What?”

Spike read it out loud, after clearing his throat of course, “From grand Royal Highness Princess Luna of Equestria it’s pleased to announce the Grand Galloping Gala to be held on the magnificent Castle of the two Sisters from the 13th day of,” he squinted before continuing, “yada-yada-yada, quarterly extends an invitation to Blazing Heart plus one guest to celebrate the restoration of such historical location.”

“This isn’t even for you Twilight, I think it is for that new pony you met in the castle.”

Twilight thought about it, “but why would Princess Luna send an invitation to her so quickly?”

“Ah’ think they were old friends; maybe that’s why,” Applejack guessed.

“I suppose that may be a reason.”

Then Spike burped two golden tickets.

“Oh look, two tickets. We have to deliver these to her.”

Twilight levitated the tickets out of Spike’s claw, “I’ll make sure to do that Spike, maybe she will invite me for doing her the favor, I have never been to the Gala before.”

But Applejack stepped in front of her, “hold on a minute there Twilight, Ah’ think Ah’ should be giving her the tickets, you probably are mighty busy with the Princess assignments or something.”

Then Rainbow Dash crashed on them, “did you mention the Grand Galloping Gala?” she noticed the tickets, “I totally need one of those, can I have one?”

Spike raised a claw to say something, “Uh… those are for that pony named Blazing Heart, maybe you could ask her.”

Dash snatched the tickets, “neat, I’ll ask her right now.”

But Applejack got a hold on her tail before she dashed off and a discussion started between the three mares, Spike only watched in dumbfounded confusion.


Meanwhile inside of Blazy’s mind, Efreet had a hunch about something.

“For some reason I think this day will be a pain in the flank.”