• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 819 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 819

Chapter 8

Author's Note:

Winter Glimmer's name courtesy of BradyBunch check him out, he has some really interesting stories I recommend them very much.

Thanks Brady :twilightsmile:

Twilight started to see something in all that darkness, it started as a blurry vision but it cleared up to the point it was crystal clear.

But… all she saw was a white ceiling with a light brightening the scene up in the middle.

That wasn’t all though, as her vision was improving she felt her hooves being restrained, she tried to move them but she couldn’t. By the time everything became totally clear, she felt her forehead and abdomen being held down as well.

‘Wha-what is going on!?’ she screamed in panic, but her voice didn’t go out.

Something was clearly wrong here, and it would become even worse as she saw in her peripheral vision a group of ponies in lab coats.

‘who…’ Then it clicked in her mind, this is the situation in which Blazing Heart was put on.

‘But… I don’t see the Princess here…’ she looked around, not being able to turn her head made it difficult, she was nervous but since she figured it out that it was just reliving that situation from Blazing Heart’s perspective relaxed her some.

That didn’t last long though, Twilight was surrounded by the strange ponies, they spoke about something, but Twilight couldn’t heard them and then… the pain.

‘AAAAAAH!’ Twilight felt like a thousand bolts went through her body, her scream was loud and painful, but again nothing came out.

The pain subsided shortly after but it felt like an eternity to her. She felt her body twitching, and a weird sensation going down her hind legs.

Her eyes fell on a glass window, there she saw… ‘no… it can’t be…’ Princess Celestia was at the other side of the glass with a malicious expression adorning her features.

One of the ponies in lab coats stared at the Princess, getting a nod from her, said pony turned to the others and all of them nodded, Twilight stared in horror as she saw them igniting their horns once again.

But then… everything went black.


Efreet and company saw the discomfort on Twilight’s face as she experienced first hoof that dark memory.

“What is going on with her?” Rainbow asked to Efreet.

“She’s experiencing what Blazy had to go through while being only a filly,” Efreet paused and then touched Twilight’s horn with her own once again, “I think that is enough.”

Soon after Twilight snapped her eyes open and panted heavily by the lack of oxygen in her lungs at the moment, she was sweating bullets at this point and looked around in panic and confusion.

Fluttershy tried to approach but Efreet put a leg to block her from advancing.

Both of them crossed stares, Fluttershy had one of concern and Efreet had one of empathy.

“Wait for a bit Flutters, she needs to recover from the shock,” Efreet explained to her worried friend.

“Are ya sure she will recover?” Applejack was skeptic about this; Twilight still looked out of it.

“Would you like to experience that as well? Then maybe you could teach the rest of us how to recover instantaneously,” Efreet replied rather rudely.

Applejack backed up a little, she didn’t know if Efreet was serious but she wasn’t about to take any chances.

“Blazy, please… be nice,” Fluttershy called her out.

Efreet rolled her eyes.

Ten minutes went pass, Twilight was finally showing signs of recovering her breaths slowed down and with a hoof over her chest she calmed down.

“Are you here with us Twilight?” Efreet asked curiously.

Twilight took a deep breath, “my heart is running so fast right now… d-did she really had to endure that?” her voice cracked.

Efreet hugged her sideways and looked at her, “she had to endure much, much worse Twilight. What I just show you wasn’t even two percent of what they did to her,” she frowned, “they were ruthless.”

Efreet let go of Twilight and went to look outside a window, “please don’t mind me… I need to put that memory aside once again before Blazy remembers it as well,” she said without looking away from the window, and then she remained silent.

“We understand, please take your time,” Twilight now calm reassured her, Efreet only nodded without turning to see her.

Fluttershy on the other hoof couldn’t help but worry about her friend, she didn’t know what Efreet just showed to Twilight, but only by looking at her she could tell that it was horrible. Unconsciously she was making her way towards Efreet, but a blue hoof blocked her way.

Rainbow and she exchanged stared for a moment before Rainbow shook her head, “you heard her Flutters. She needs some time alone.”

The four ponies made their way to another room to give Efreet space to be alone with her thoughts.

‘Thank you Rainbow,’ Efreet thought.


Twenty minutes have passed; Twilight took this time to explain what she saw on Blazing Heart’s memories, it was hard to accept for all of them.

Applejack had to cover her eyes with her hat to avoid showing her disappointment and anger, Rainbow Dash wasn’t faring much better she had to force herself to not break anything that didn’t stopped her from kicking the floor as she paced back and forward. Fluttershy was visibly shaking and on the verge of tears, she was clearly trying to fight against it but couldn’t handle what Twilight just told them. Finally Twilight herself… even if Fluttershy was the most sensitive to this kind of situation, she was the most affected after knowing her mentor and inspirational figure was doing something so despicable, she didn’t know how many ponies (if there were any) had to go through that same torture over time just to know if they were the one hosting Efreet inside them.

Then a thought came to her, ‘Blazing Heart… she… she’s younger than me, I don’t know by how much but that means… Princess Celestia was torturing her at the same time I was under her wing as her student… I… I need to know!’ Twilight got up and was going towards the room where Efreet was collecting her thoughts.

But upon arriving to the door frame she almost collided with Blazing Heart as she was crossing the door frame as well.

Due to the surprise Twilight fell flat on her rump.

Efreet looked at her quizzically, “is something wrong Twilight?”

“Well… I…” but Twilight couldn’t bring herself to ask.

Efreet scanned the room and saw the somber mood, she sighed, “you told them, right?” she asked Twilight.

Twilight slowly nodded and looked away.

“I can’t blame you for feeling this way,” Efreet told them.

Fluttershy hug tackled her not a second after.

“Blazy… I-I’m so sorry…”

Efreet patted her on the back, “there, there Fluttershy. All of that is in the past now.”

“No it’s not! The Princess has been doing this… behind my back, she lied to me, and she lied to everypony!” Twilight snapped.

Rainbow approached, “Twilight’s right, she has to pay for what she did.”

Applejack was the next to speak up, “as much as Ah’ want ta buck her in da face repeatedly, we can’t just do that, Princess Celestia has tons of guards with her.”

“So? We have Princess Luna on our side, don’t she has guards too?” Rainbow asked.

“Actually, the night guard is outnumbered ten to one by the day guard, Luna has her hooves tied until she manages to repair the old castle and we can have an actual meeting to attend this topic,” Efreet explained to Rainbow after getting up.

Before the conversation could go any further Pinkie Pie stormed in picked up Efreet (somehow) and dashed off.

The others were left bewildered at this sudden interference, when they processed what happened they chased after Pinkie.

“What was that about?” Rainbow asked to the group as they were running/flying after Pinkie.

“I don’t know Rainbow, but we’re going to find out,” Twilight replied to her.


The group followed Pinkie to the edge of town, a multitude of ponies was gathered and in front of them was a wall of… ice?

Efreet and Pinkie were the closest to the wall, on the other side of the wall was a group of cows going away from it.

The group reunited again, even Rarity got there with them.

“Twilight darling, what do you think happened here?” Rarity asked as she gazed upon the majestic ice wall.

“I’m not sure, Rarity.” Upon closer inspection Twilight noticed this wasn’t ordinary ice, she looked at Efreet.

“Pinkie, did you know what happened here?” Efreet was watching the wall in disbelief.

Pinkie was trying to scrape some of the ice into a bowl but stopped when Efreet called her, “Oh!” she threw the bowl somewhere behind her. “The cows were running towards Ponyville in a stampede,” she was running in place getting dirt up, “and we were all like ‘Ah! Help!’” she yelled dramatically, “but when they were closing on us, this wall,” she hit the ice wall for emphasis, “appeared out of nowhere, it was crazy!”

Efreet looked around frantically.

Fluttershy got a little worried, “Blazy? Is something wrong?”

“It’s not that, Fluttershy. Pinkie, did you saw any suspicious pony around when the wall appeared?” Efreet had a hunch but she had to be sure.

Pinkie brought a hoof to her chin and started thinking, “hmm, not really. There were only the town ponies running around screaming, and this one shy mare wearing a green bunny hoodie.”

Efreet eyes got wide, “was her coat a soft light shade of blue, and her mane blue with sparkles that made it look like she had crystals on it?”

Rarity perked up at that description, “are you talking about Winter Glimmer darling?”

Efreet looked at her in confusion, “Winter Glimmer?”

“Why yes, dear. Winter Glimmer is a sweetheart, she comes to my boutique every once in a while and helps me around. I made that green hoodie as a reward for her; I always wondered how she treats her mane and tail to make them look so gorgeous, but she always shies away when I bring up the topic,” Rarity explained, “but what does she has to do with any of this, darling?” she pointed at the wall.

Twilight thought about it for a moment, “Efreet, is she…”

Efreet nodded, “there’s the possibility one of the other spirits is here on Ponyville.”

“But I thought you were the only spirit,” Twilight grew confused at this revelation.

Efreet smirked, “I never said I was the only spirit Twilight, I just said I was ‘a’ spirit.”

At that moment the wall broke into shiny snowflakes. Everypony saw the scene in awe due to the sheer beauty of such event.

Some ponies tried to catch the snowflakes but upon contact the shiny little things exploded into smaller orbs of light before dissipating in the air.

“There’s no doubt, Hermit was here,” Efreet suddenly said.

“Hermit?” Twilight asked.

Efreet nodded, “yes Twilight. Hermit is the ancient spirit of ice, her name is quite appropriate as she doesn’t like being around others for long periods of time, but as shy as she can be, she also has a nice personality.”

“Do you think Winter Glimmer is Hermit, Blazy?” Fluttershy asked out of curiosity, she didn’t know this Winter Glimmer personally but heard of her from Rarity sometimes.

Looking at the distance Efreet replied, “I’m not sure Fluttershy,” but she noticed something moving towards a mountain that was close to town, focusing in the silhouette she could make up long curved ears, this made her smile, “but, we are going to find out,” she told to the group, “I’m going to the mountain, if anypony wants to come, please pack some food and come back here in half an hour, come on Fluttershy,” she said before galloping in direction to Fluttershy’s cottage.

Fluttershy didn’t know why Efreet wanted to go to the mountain but followed suit regardless.

The others were left confused at this sudden turn of events, but there had to be a reason for this.

Twilight looked to the other three… wait three?

“Where’s Pinkie?” Twilight asked with a raised eye-brow.

Rainbow pointed in the direction Efreet and Fluttershy went, “behind those two.”

“Oh, ok. I’m curious about what Efreet is planning by going to the mountain, so I’ll tag along,” Twilight exclaimed, “but that’s just me, what are you going to do girls?”

“Sign me on, after what happened back there I’m going to help her,” Rainbow’s words had certain determination behind them.

“Ah’m with Rainbow here, we can’t let ‘em get away with what they did ta her,” Applejack added.

Twilight looked at Rarity next, “Rarity?”

“I have some questions, dear. But if something is happening that requires my assistance I will be glad to offer a helping hoof,” Rarity said as she puffed up her chest.

Twilight nodded, “alright, I’ll explain what happened on the way there Rarity,” she mentioned getting a nod from Rarity, “now let’s get some provisions in case this takes a long time and meet right here like Efreet said.”

Everypony nodded and went to their respective homes to prepare for the trip to the mountain.


Meanwhile Winter Glimmer stood in front of a cave at the top of the mountain.

“Razer… are you awake…” she called softly.

A loud growl was heard, “yes I’am. What do you want now, Glimmer?”

“Can you… like guard the entrance a little more today?” Winter asked coyly.

A big red dragon emerged from the ominous cave, “Why?”

“I think somepony saw me… and they will come here… that’s why,” Winter looked at the ground and kick it playfully, “so… can you, please? For me?”

Razer rolled his eyes, “Sure, but you owe me some crystals for cutting my afternoon nap short.”

Her eyes lit up and a cute smile grew on her, “thank you…” then she entered the cave.

“Sometimes I wonder why I let you boss me around,” Razer then sat at the entrance of the cave and inhaling deeply he blew a black cloud of smoke that covered the area and then went inside the cave as well.

Razer lay down on his treasure bed, but on high alert. Winter Glimmer approached and snuggled on his side as her breathing became slow and steady, soon after she was snoring cutely on her dragon sized pillow with a smile on her face.

After she got asleep Razer put a bed sheet over her, ‘you’re such a pain in the butt sometimes. But I’m not complaining,’ he smiled for a moment before focusing on the entrance of the cave.