• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 819 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 819

Chapter 4

Author's Note:

Wow, this one took quite a while, but for some reason more than half of it came in a single day. Which is weird at least for my standarts.

Anyways enjoy the chapter and tell if I screwed over at some point. :raritywink:

The six mares that got together to stop Nightmare Moon were stepping deep into the Everfree Forest, some of them knew a little about the place, others just heard rumors, but none of them expected the forest to be in such a condition.

All around them were patches of charred grass, trees burned to the root, and a strange aura of dead during the trip.

“I have read about this place a couple of times, so I know about its chaotic nature, but I didn’t expect it to be this chaotic, I wonder what happened here,” Twilight said while seeing the whole scenery.

Fluttershy got bad vibes from this situation, ‘this couldn’t have been Blazy, right?’ she thought with worry on her mind, this seemed like something ‘unnamed Blazy’ would do, however she was scared because that meant Blazy teleported to the Everfree when she got upset various hours ago, also this practically screamed ‘unnamed’ was in control and that meant danger for them. But Fluttershy was in denial and hoped none of this happened because Blazy was in the area.

But what Applejack said next was something she was afraid of.

“ ‘Ah can’t be sure, but tis’ here” she pointed at the whole burned area, “is pretty darn recent, ‘Ah can tell by the smell and some parts are still warm.”

“So, whatever the hay happened here occurred like today or something? That’s what you’re saying?” Rainbow asked.

“Pretty much, ‘Ah could bet mah hat that ‘tis even happened a few hours ago.” Applejack told them her assumption.

“Oooooh, and what if Fluttershy’s friend did this? She did this very weird thingy with her horn and threw a fireball from it, I never saw a unicorn throwing fire from their horn before, it was so ‘fuuuosh’ and ‘fiiiuum’ and then ‘boooooom!’ I wanted her to do it again but she exploded and now I don’t know where she is, but maybe she’s here in the creepy forest being a hermit or something like that and…” Pinkie rambled and rambled, you know… stuff.

Everypony looked weirdly at her, except for Fluttershy who was beyond worried at this point.

Twilight perked up at a certain part of what Pinkie said, “Wait, did you just said that she threw a fireball from her horn? That can’t be possible, unicorns can ignite things with magic but we can’t cast actual fire using magic, maybe you just mistook a red magic blast with a fireball.” Twilight explained to the group.

“No, no! It was fire, I’m pretty sure of it. It set bushes on fire and left this smoke trail behind, it was crazy! Fluttershy knows her better and she was there to see it too, right Fluttershy?” Pinkie asked the non present Fluttershy, “huh? Where did she go?”

Fluttershy herself didn’t want anything to do with that and chose to shy away from the group; unfortunately she didn’t make it unnoticed.

“Where are you going Flutters?” Rainbow surprised the fleeing butter colored pegasus letting out a quiet “Eep” in surprise.

“Well? Where were you going?” Rainbow pushed.

“Em… well…” Fluttershy was backing away slowly while Rainbow followed her.

The rest of the group caught up with them.

“Fluttershy! Answer me! Why-did-you-try-to-escape!?” Rainbow pushed even more.

Fluttershy sat down and tears started to appear in the corner of her eyes.

“Rainbow cut it out!” Applejack said angrily.

Twilight meanwhile felt something weird, it was magic she was never able to fell before, it certainly wasn’t Nightmare’s magic it was something ‘warmer’ she looked around to see if anything was there, but she found nothing and soon after the feeling went away, ‘what was that magic? It was… saddening for some reason.’ She thought.

“Argh! Alright, I’m sorry Fluttershy I didn’t meant to be mean with you, but you’re hiding something from us. When you told me about this friend of yours, something wasn’t right, I let that one slide because you were way too sad, but I know you didn’t told me everything,” Rainbow stated.

“Fluttershy, we are your friends, you can trust us,” she said sincerely.

“Only if yer okay with it,” Applejack added.

Fluttershy thought about it, she didn’t want to tell them that Blazy was possessed by a Spirit or that she could be dangerous because an alter ego was in control, they couldn’t possibly understand something like that and just classify her friend as a crazy pony.

But she felt deep in her heart that telling them would be the best option, because in the remote case that Blazy was indeed on the Everfree, them knowing about the danger could potentially avoid any possible accident due to not knowing.

Making up her mind, Fluttershy gathered the courage to tell her friends about Efreet and Unnamed. But she wasn’t aware of somepony else eavesdropping at that moment.


Inside the castle of the two sisters, ‘Unnamed’ Blazing Heart wasn’t sure of what happened a few moments ago, she felt a sudden rush of emotions that she didn’t knew she had. The most prominent was… worry… she had no idea of why she was worried, or how she even knew it was worry, it was the first time she felt anything at all, but it was just so familiar to her.

“What is happening to me? Why am I feeling like this? Why do I know that these sensations are feelings?” She lifted a hoof to her forehead; it was very stressful for her, her head hurt a lot.

At that moment, various memories from the past started flowing in her mind, all those quests she had done for her master, all those beings she killed in cold blood because of an order, every single expression of fear, despair and hate all of them showed her before, while and after she had done the only task she existed for.

“Why am I remembering all of this? Why does it even matter? What’s the significance behind this entire situation? Why am I… doubting my master…?” with every memory passing through her brain she felt more and more in doubt about what she has been doing for the past six years, every memory made her question her master’s motives for ordering her such things, she didn’t cared about it in the past but now she was, and she didn’t know why.

‘I love you too my angel…’ the voice she heard… her eyes widened at their maximum capacity, she felt like something in her head wanted to pop out of it, the headache was unbearable, the corners of her eyes started to tear up.

“W-what is t-this!?” Blazy screamed loudly, but then she frowned angrily and ignited her horn, suddenly the something felt like it cracked, but also relieved her of the incredible pain, her expression softened going back to her stoic and dull look, and she wasn’t able to remember what just occurred, “what… was I doing? Why are my eyes pouring tears?” she asked to nopony while wiping the tears away with her hoof.


Nightmare Moon kept on following the mares after hearing about the ancient fire spirit Efreet, this was the perfect chance to get her revenge on Celestia, she just needed to find a way to make Blazing Heart her own servant.

But that could wait, now she needed to mess with these mares, something she didn’t expect was the path of destruction left by Blazing Heart ruined every trap Nightmare prepared.

Basically the group of mares made it safely to the castle doors, so she opted for waiting inside; surely Blazing Heart would enjoy having a task at hoof offered by her queen nonetheless. After deciding that, she returned to the throne room.


Blazy turned to welcome her temporal master Nightmare Moon, upon seeing her she kneeled, “Welcome back your highness.”

“My loyal subject, your queen appreciates your devotion, but we have intruders inside my castle.” Nightmare said.

“Is that the group that entered the Everfree? Majesty.” Blazy inquired.

“Indeed, it appears that your trip here has ruined most of my previous plans, do you understand what you have to do, Blazing Heart?” Nightmare asked, while secretly smirking.

Blazy nodded, “of course your highness, may I ask if I’ am to greet them at the entrance?”

“No, hide in the shadows, your queen has a better way to introduce yourself to our guests.”

Blazy did as she was said, and this surprised Nightmare, as soon as she was out of view Blazing Heart presence almost disappeared. Nightmare knew this was because of Celestia; this mare was trained to be an assassin a killing machine, how did she managed to do it without releasing the ferocious spirit of fire was beyond her.

Efreet… I remember her, her previous reincarnation was a little… enthusiastic, her host openly accepted the spirit and the two merged into an energetic mare, however I found a relatable companion on her. I could call her a friend even, but… what Celestia did to her… we are lucky and hopeful that she does not remember that dreadful day,’ Nightmare thought, even if corrupted she was able to feel to some extent, she wasn’t a soulless being.

She then became mist and went to the room where the Elements of Harmony were, the group of mares was most probably in there finding a way to woke them again and use them on her.

Blazing Heart saw Nightmare Moon leave, she also felt a slight discomfort for some reason.


Twilight just told her new friends to step outside to focus in re-activating the Elements of Harmony; she closed her eyes in concentration not noticing the blue starry mist surrounding the Elements end forming a mini tornado, upon noticing she jumped on it and getting teleported to the decadent throne room.

Blazing Heart saw the purple unicorn from the shadows, but even when she never saw that mare before, there was something… familiar about her.

She saw their confrontation, how the two charged at each other and how the unicorn teleported at the last second to where the Elements stood in front of the throne, she used her magic on the Elements the stones resonated for a moment but nothing happened, the stones lost their shine and returned to normal.

The unicorn stepped back and Nightmare Moon teleported to the stones’ location and smashed them with a stomp of her hooves not only shattering the stones but also the hopes of that mare.

“You little foal, you thought you could defeat me!? Now you’ll never see your princess or your sun, the night will last. Forever! HAHAHAHA!” Nightmare exclaimed.

The mare was slightly trembling in fear, when new voices were heard.

When the mares entered the room, Blazing Heart was taken aback by one of them; it was that mare from earlier in the day, the one that tried to give her orders, the one that cared for her…

The room fell silent, like something was meant to happen but it didn’t.

“What? Why?” the purple unicorn asked to nopony while having confusion on her features.

“Twilight? What’s wrong?” the orange earth pony mare with a Stetson was seemingly worried.

“T-the elements, they didn’t resonate with us… why?”

“What do you mean?” the cyan rainbow maned pegasi asked.

As on cue, a quiet chuckle was heard, Nightmare Moon was relaxed and just looked to her side without turning her head. The other mares were on total alert except for Fluttershy, she… recognized that voice.

She looked everywhere in the room until her vision crossed a certain dark corner from which a white figure with a red maned styled in twin tails emerged from it.

“Let me answer your question, you ignorant.” “Unnamed” Blazing heart said, getting the attention of the ponies in the room.

“Why are you here? This place is dangerous!” Twilight warned the other mare not getting what was going on.

“Hey Fluttershy isn’t that your grumpy fire shooting friend?” Pinkie asked.

“Wait, are you saying that filly is…” Rainbow was starting her sentence when Fluttershy rushed towards the “filly.”

Blazing Heart was about to burn this reckless mare, but deep inside something stopped her; she wasn’t sure why this mare had such an effect on her. But while she was questioning her inner motives the yellow pegasi hugged her.

“Blazy! Oh… I’m so glad that you’re ok… I w-was so worried…” Fluttershy said between sobs quietly.

While the group for the most part were relieved that the pony was Fluttershy’s friend, Rainbow watched the two warily, something about “Blazy” rubs her the wrong way.

That’s when she remembered what Fluttershy told them.

‘You can tell who’s in control by looking at her ribbons, the one that is dangerous has gray ribbons,’ then she looked at the ribbons on that mare’s mane, they were gray.

“Fluttershy, watch-“ she tried to tell her friend, but a fireball passed inches away of her face, if she didn’t reacted by backing away she would have been severely injured by that thing.

This also shocked the rest, especially Twilight, she was proven wrong. Fire magic did exist and this mare use it to try and hurt one of her new friends.

“Can you unhoof me please? It is rather uncomfortable to be this way,” Dull Blazy asked Fluttershy, still wasn’t in her to hurt this pony for some mysterious reason, Fluttershy let go and also noticed who was the one in control.

Nightmare noticed this reluctance as well. If this reincarnation of Efreet was brainwashed and trained to be a killing machine, why would she not dispose of that mare touching her. It was intriguing.

“My beloved subjects let me present to you to my most loyal servant, Equestria’s secret extermination weapon, Miss Blazing Heart.” Nightmare said while motioning towards Blazing Heart to knell.

Being free to move again Blazy knelled to greet their guests, “I’m Blazing Heart it’s a pleasure to meet you all, and a shame that this will not last for longer.”

Some of them had questions, but before being able to say anything Blazy continued, “But at the very least I will tell you,” she pointed at Twilight, “why the Elements of Harmony aren’t resonating with your group whatsoever.”

Twilight perked up at that, “do you know the reason why?”

“Indeed, because you see, the Elements are very selective artifacts the wielders need to have the traits of all six of them and their primary quality has to be the one the Element itself represents. A pony cannot be selected if even one of the traits is missing in their personality; your little explanation earlier has proven this point, every single one of you posses one of the traits but not the others.” Blazy explained.

She side looked at Fluttershy for a moment, that weird sensation appeared again; somehow she knew that at least this mare would be an Element bearer.

Fluttershy was confused as to why “unnamed” was acting so ‘nice’ with her, she wasn’t being hostile to her, or showed any intention of hurting her; she was polite even when she asked her to let go.

‘This doesn’t resemble what Efreet said about her,’ she thought.

“Umm…” Fluttershy stuttered while trying to speak with her, she wasn’t sure what to say.

Without looking at her Blazing Heart said, “Do not be afraid Fluttershy, I will not hurt you.” Surprising the shy pegasus and even herself, ‘Unnamed’ didn’t know Fluttershy’s name, but it popped up in her mind just now.

The headache she was feeling now was almost as bad as the one she had earlier that night.

“Blazing Heart, dispose of them at once, it’s an order from your queen,” Nightmare ordered.

Her mind was in conflict, she had to obey, but she also had to not hurt Fluttershy.

The others saw the conflicted mare, grabbing her head in pain.

“What’s up with her?” Rainbow asked.

“She seems to be having an internal fight, you heard her too girls, she doesn’t want to hurt Fluttershy, but Nightmare’s order conflicts with that, but I agree that something odd is up with that mare,” Twilight gave her thoughts.

“Didn’t you hear your queen, Blazing Heart? Kill them all right now!” Nightmare Moon was getting impatient.

‘You can only obey Alicorns Blazing Heart, remember who made you the way you are, who took care of you and who gave you a purpose.’These words resonated on her mind; her master told her that sentence after her first quest. After what she was manipulated to do, after staining her hooves with the blood of that couple a few years ago, not knowing that those ponies had a daughter…

“If you aren’t capable of following the simplest of commands then allow me,” Nightmare said that and then caught Fluttershy in her magic.

“Hey, leave her alone!” Rainbow said while rushing to help Fluttershy.

But the dark mist blocked her vision disorientating her and leaving her vulnerable.

“Watch out!” Twilight warned when she saw Nightmare throw Fluttershy towards Rainbow but it was futile, Rainbow couldn’t see where she was and the mist was also cutting her breathing.

At the very last moment Fluttershy disappeared in flames, also flames erupted from inside the mist dissipating it.

Twilight and the rest saw Rainbow slowly descending to the floor inside a shield made of fire after touching the ground, the flames die out leaving a coughing Rainbow Dash.

Nightmare Moon saw it too and quickly turned to see the only being capable of such magic prowess.

What she saw wasn’t good, the dead look and dull expression were no more in Blazing Hearts features, and instead a noticeable angry scowl replaced them.


Meanwhile in the empty void, Sunset was forcefully awakened by a magical signal.

She looked frantically her surroundings, but found nothing.

“What was that?” she asked to the void, “wait, how am I able to feel magical signals again?”

She then noticed that the void wasn’t so empty anymore, she was able to feel the wind in her fur slightly, and the sound of the birds singing.

She was still suspicious, “what if this is Sunbutt’s doing?” she thought about the possibility for a moment, “no, she can’t create wind and this is not an illusion. Hmm, what if…” a thought came to her and tried it out.

Sunset concentrated like she used to do when she learned how to use her magic, at first nothing came out but shortly after sparks came out of her horn and finally it came to life, her cyan magic surrounded her horn once again.

She slowly opened her eyes, her serene expression changed to a one full of glee. “hehe,” she started chuckling, “HAHAHAHA!” and ended in a howl of laughter while fresh tears fell down her cheeks.

After some minutes she let all that out followed by a satisfied sigh, “well, let’s give this a try,” she concentrated once more and suddenly she poofed out of the void.

She appeared in a desolated place, rails where to her side and a city at the distance, a city she recognized.

Manehattan.

She blinked a couple of times to make sure this was real, she looked around and everything seemed to be real, even the pain she felt when she tried to walk after 12 years of floating in an empty space and ended up faceplanted on the dirt.

But this also was reassuring, this was real, she was back in Equestria!

Another howl of laughter didn’t make itself wait, “HAHAHAHA! I’m back Sunbitch!” she shouted at the wind and started to make her way towards the city.

“I can still swear! Hurray!”

Let’s just say that she wasn’t in her right mind right now.


Fluttershy had her eyes shut out of fear; she didn’t want to see what was going to happen when Nightmare Moon caught her. But she was confused when her hooves were touching the floor once again, she also felt something warm. Very slowly she opened her eyes to take a peek of what was going on, she found herself looking at the creamy white coat of Blazing Heart emanating a slightly red fiery aura.

But she also noticed this wasn’t ‘unnamed’ present the black cutie mark gave that away.

“Are you ok, Fluttershy? You are not injured are you?” the raspy voice of Efreet relaxed the shy pegasus.

“Yes Blazy, I’m fine thanks to you. Thank you” Fluttershy said with a happy smile.

Efreet only nodded and turned to see a being from her past, “Long time no see, Luna.” She said surprising everypony in the room. “I know you’re the excitable one of the two sisters, but you didn’t have to throw my little friend like that, that wasn’t nice Luna.”

She wasn’t being aggressive or mean, the way she said that was more of a disappointed friend.

“What? How did you? Did you…” Nightmare tried to say.

“Oh yes, I remember now Luna. I remember the old days with you, Celly and her…” Blazy said the last word in a sadder note, “I see you ended up succumbing to jealously, I don’t get why though, and you know what she did, why would you feel jealous of her?”

The other suddenly saw Nightmare Moon having a sympathetic expression, something they didn’t know she was able to have.

“It wasn’t because jealously, my friend. It was because of what she did to you that I fell to the dark side, I couldn’t tolerate how things ended,” any evil intention Nightmare Moon had, vanished from her voice which sounded softer than before.

“You didn’t have to do this for me you know? I was just living an ephemeral existence, passing through if you will. It was my fault she died I shouldn’t have been involved with her to begin with.” Blazy looked upset.

“No! It was our fault! We couldn’t protect you from our sister, We were useless!” Tears came from Nightmare’s eyes, and the dark mist started to leave her body, bit by bit revealing a blue mare with darker mane and the night sky on it, a black spot on her flanks with a crescent moon was her cutie mark.

“What? Nightmare Moon was Princess Celestia’s sister!?” Twilight shouted.

“That is right, little pony. I’ am Princess Luna, monarch of the moon and co-ruler of Equestria, but in our most sincere opinion we don’t think we deserve to rule such a tainted kingdom, it should disappear.” Luna said grimly.

Blazing Heart got closer and hugged the crying mare, “Don’t ruin our reunion with dark thoughts, Luna. Even with such a ruler in the power, Equestria managed to get relatively peaceful, but I agree that a change in the ruling is on need.”

“Excuse us… su-“

“Is Blazy now,” Blazy cut out.

Luna let out a giggle, “Right, excuse us Blazy, that would take some time to get used to, I apologize in advance for that.”

“You always have been such a crybaby, I hope I don’t have to foalsit you again,” Blazing Heart joked.

Luna deadpanned but smiled nonetheless, “very funny, dear sister. We see you didn’t lose your peculiar sense of humor, your friendship with Discord has to be the main reason you were like that. We should have teach you some more refined mannerisms.”

“Yeah, no chances of that happening, your refined ways were too boring for me a thousand years ago, and are still boring nowadays.”

“What is going on?” Rainbow asked.

“A friends’ reunion,” Fluttershy said to the group happily.

Looking at the shards of the elements Blazy said, “Should we awake those in a weaker form so we can have them in case of emergency?”

“That would be appropriate,” with that Luna nodded.

The two of them used their magic on the shards; these shined brightly, got together and formed five necklaces and one crown.

The gems of the jewelry resembled those of the six mares in the room; every piece went to their matching pony.

“Keep these safe, they are not at full power but have enough in case of any emergency, you six will be the defenders of Equestria.” Blazy told them.

“Why are you doing all of this? Why us? You said we didn’t have what is needed to awake them,” Twilight asked.

“You have, just not strong enough, yes the Elements require you to have qualities representing all six of them, but the only way to have them is to forge bonds with others, basically you need to have great friends to achieve the requirements, until then you will have access to the weaker versions of the Elements. Also it wasn’t me the one who told you that, but enough of it. You don’t have to worry, I’ll help you if you’re in need of assistance, but first I should look for a house in Ponyville.”

“You’re staying with me,” Fluttershy said suddenly.

“I don’t want to intrude Flutters.”

“You’re staying with me, and that’s final,” Fluttershy with seriousness but softness as well.

Blazy looked at the others, Rainbow shrugged the others didn’t know what just happened.

“Anyways… what are you planning on doing? Luna,” Blazy tried to change the topic.

“We would like to stay close to you, my friend. And to achieve that we are going to restore this castle,” Luna told them her plan.

“I should have a low profile until everything is done, I’ll come whenever I feel is safe to do so,” Blazy commented.

“That would be wise of you,” Luna said then turned to the group, “Listen clearly, my sister should not by any chance know that Blazing Heart is on Ponyville. I made myself clear?”

Everypony nodded, Fluttershy was the first one to do so. She deduced the Princess did something to Blazy and that’s why she didn’t want to see her.

Twilight didn’t catch on that though, “why? From what I saw so far, Blazing Heart also knows Princess Celestia, why can’t she know an old friend is over here?”

“Because I don’t want to, so please respect my decision, I deposit my trust on you girls,” Blazy asked solemnly.

“I also want to ask you the same favor, please?” Fluttershy added to the begging.

Twilight after some moments gave up, “alright, I will not tell the Princess that Blazing Heart is on Ponyville, but I want to know why at some point.”

Luna wanted to say something but Blazy put a hoof in front of her to stop her, “Fair enough, after I settle down I’ll you tell what happened between us.”

With that said, everypony made their way home; Luna flew to Canterlot to talk with her sister about living in the old castle after a restoration. Twilight fought the temptation to write Princess about Blazing Heart after receiving an order to stay in Ponyville and send her the lessons about friendship she learns with the time.

Blazing Heart teleported with Fluttershy to her cottage to make the proper arrangements, but something was bothering her, something familiar.

Thinking that it would be better to think about it after a good night of sleep, she went to rest in the couch. Fluttershy offered her bed but Blazy refused and this time she was firm, leaving the pegasus with no options but to accept this.

“Good night Blazy,” Fluttershy said from the corner of the living room.

“Good night Flutters.”