• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 819 Views, 24 Comments

Blazing Heart - Lucky Star Kona-chan



The cries for help of a mare that was betrayed by those who she trusted.

  • ...
 24
 819

Chapter 11

Author's Note:

It has been a long time, huh? I apologize for that. But when life happens, life happens :twilightsheepish:

Luna was in her room, just finished writing the letter she would send to Blazing Heart to warn her about Nightmare and her apparent alliance with Celestia.

She re-read it to make sure she didn’t omit anything; being sure everything was there she rolled the parchment and put her seal on it.

When she was about to sent the letter, her room became darker. She knew this phenomenon quite well, she just witness it in her sister’s room.

Luna didn’t lose her composure, but was in high alert.

“You may show yourself, Nightmare. I know you are here,” she said as calmly as she could, considering the risk that this Spirit represented.

As on cue, the soft clopping of hooves was heard and the same light gray unicorn mare showed up with an amusing expression, holding her unfolded wooden fan covering her mouth.

But as the refined lady she was, Nightmare folded her fan and bowed her head in greeting, “greetings Princess Luna. It’s a pleasure to finally meet the mare who helped expanding my darkness around Equestria. Though it was unfortunate for our reunion to be a thousand years late.”

Luna was impressed to see this calm demeanor from such Spirit, but her unreadable expression unnerved Luna to some degree.

Assuming a regal posture, Luna decided to discover what the Spirit was doing on her chambers, “state your intentions at once, I know you are not here just to have a small talk.”

Nightmare smiled, “My, my. You are much more interesting than your older sister, she has succumbed to her own greed, but you seem to have your dignity still intact. Very impressive,” she gave her honest opinion.

But Luna still didn’t have her answer, “I appreciate your compliment, but you didn’t answer my question. Please state what business do you have with me.”

Nightmare didn’t lose her calm demeanor, “You may say I’m just curious.”

“Curious?” Luna raised an eye brow at that statement.

Nightmare nodded, “Yes, curious.” She paused momentarily and saw Luna’s stare and her curiosity to know what she meant by ‘curious’, “I knew you sneaked in the little conversation your sister and I had a few minutes ago. But I’m curious as to why you didn’t announce yourself and why did you wrote a letter about it.”

Luna’s mask faded slightly but held strong, “why do you assume it was a letter about said conversation?” She asked as naturally as possible, “I could have written a letter about any topic.”

Nightmare covered her lips with her folded fan and giggled amusingly, “D’aww, I like you Princes Luna, you are an adorable mare.”

Luna blushed brightly at such comment.

Nightmare composed herself, “but you speak what you write loudly. It’s a habit most foals have at a young age; some ponies even have it at adulthood.” She smiled warmly, “that said, I did not expect a Princess would have such habit.”

That did it, Luna’s mask broke and she pouted visibly with her blush still present on her cheeks.

Nightmare flashed a coy smile and approached Luna; this made the moon Princess nervous.

“You know where my dear Efreet is located, don’t you?” Nightmare asked with a tone that did not match her behavior.

Luna didn’t know what to answer. Since she knew that regardless of her reply, Nightmare was not somepony to be trusted and she wasn’t going to betray her friend now.

“I don’t know,” Luna started. “Even if I knew, I wouldn’t tell to the likes of you,” her determination overrode her fear for this mare.

The smile on Nightmare’s face didn’t fall, neither did her composed behavior. “Very well,” Nightmare sighed, “I thought you would know her whereabouts, being her friend for such a long time.” Nightmare bowed one last time, “I apologize for intruding in your personal chambers Princess Luna, we shall speak again under more comfortable circumstances.” Nightmare’s smile became warmer, “Until then, be careful of the one that brings shine to these lands.” With that, the shadowy mare dissipated in the darkness and with her departure the room lighted up once again.

Luna had no words for what just happened, ‘why would Nightmare of all ponies act like that? It was almost the total opposite of how she acted with my sister. Also “be careful of the one that brings shine to the land?” why did she suddenly referred to my sister in that way?’

Shaking her head a few times and focused on the letter that lay forgotten on the circular table, this is when Luna noticed another abnormal behavior from Nightmare. ‘If she wanted to make sure about the contents of this letter, why didn’t she just take it herself?’

With these and many more doubts on her mind, Luna finally sent the letter to her friend.


The group finally reached the top of the mountain; Twilight being the leader of the group in Efreet’s absence decided that they should cautiously hide behind a big rock some distance away from the cave that was close by.

Gale raised a hoof. “Can I ask something?”

Twilight nodded, “Sure, what is it?”

“Why are we hiding here? And why are we here for that matter?” Gale asked innocently after being with them for a little time now.

Twilight wanted to facehoof so hard right now, but she stopped herself from doing so. Letting out a sigh she looked at Gale, “we are looking for a mare that was seen coming to this mountain.”

Gale blinked a few times, and then raised an eye-brow. “So, you came all the way up here, risking your friends’ lives for a random mare that was seen coming here?”

Breeze smacked her sister in the back of the head, “annoyed. Shut up sis.”

Gale shook her head to get the dizziness away, and then focused on her unexpressive sister with a frown, “Sis, why did you do that!?”

“Reply. You’re being rude and dumb,” Breeze said keeping her stoic expression.

Gale got in Breeze’s face with an even more notorious frown, Breeze’s stare got sharper as well and the two started arguing.

As everypony was distracted by these two yelling at each other. Nopony noticed the slight twitch Blazing Heart made on Pinkie’s back, nor the hoodie wearing mare who was watching them timidly from the cave’s entrance in the distance.


Winter Glimmer poked her head from the cave’s entrance upon hearing voices outside to check on what was happening.

“Can you remind me why I must stay here and not burn their flanks out of here?” Razer asked as he lay down with his head resting on a supporting claw.

Winter turned to see her dragon friend, “shhh…” she shushed him, before speaking on her soft voice, “don’t be so loud Razer… please…”

Razer’s response was only to roll his eyes.

Winter smiled at him, for complying. But then she felt poking on her back.

Turning around once again, she booped noses with the pinkest pony to ever exist.

“Hi! I’m Pinkie Pie! Who are you two? And why were you spying on us?” Pinkie said in a single breath with noticeable enthusiasm while pushing her nose against Winter’s with each word.

Winter was obviously nervous and didn’t know what to do in this situation, “Emm… I…” she stuttered and backed away some.

“Yeeeeees?” Pinkie advanced with a happy smile.

“Eeek!” Winter ran and hid behind Razer’s arm.

“Aww… What’s wrong?” she asked the big red dragon.

Razer looked at the pink pony incredulously, “you don’t seem to be nervous around me, pink pony.”

“Why would I be nervous, you silly?” Pinkie asked to the big dragon with a smile.

“Well, I’am a big scary dragon and you a puny pink pony.” Razer stated menacingly, “I could easily crush you right now for intruding in my cave.”

Pinkie snorted and giggled, irritating Razer even more, “but you won’t do that.”

Razer growled at her with no real effect on the giggling pony.

Winter was getting worried from Razer’s temper at the moment. But before she could say something, Pinkie did.

“Draggy can I speak with that mare behind your arm? I think that’s the mare my niece was looking for, please, please, pleaaaaaase,” Pinkie begged cutely.

Razer scowled and got up.

Pinkie looked up at the giant dragon, “oooooooh, you’re a tall boy.”

Razer’s eye twitched, and snarled.

“Razer no…” Winter tried to calm him down very quietly.

But her plea fell into deaf ears, because Razer blew fire towards Pinkie.

Pinkie’s eyes got wide as another source of flames surrounded her protectively, effectively blocking the dragon’s fire breath.

Razer had the smuggest expression, thinking that the annoyance was dealt with as Winter looked in shock at what her friend did.

“Razer…” she started, “how could you…” her voice breaking to nearly the point of tears.

But as the flames faded, an amused giggle could be heard from inside.

The smug look on Razer’s face fell down into an incredulous one.

Winter on the other hoof, got a familiar feeling emanating from the voice.


The ones outside the cave were oblivious of what was happening inside, that was until they heard the explosion of flames followed by said flames erupting from the entrance.

“What happened!?” Twilight asked in a slight panic.

Rainbow noticed something else though, “wait,” she looked around, “where’s Pinkie?”

Everypony searched for her to no avail.

Fluttershy just looked at the entrance of the cave with no real expression on her face. She just froze watching that cave, tears slowly going down her cheeks.

Breeze noticed Fluttershy’s odd behavior, “question. Are you ok?” she asked.

The others turned to see what was happening, as the worry for their missing friend intensified.

Blazy!!!” unnatural to her quiet self Fluttershy let out an ear piercing and painful scream as she bolted to the cave.

Applejack was quick and caught her by her tail, but she didn’t expect Fluttershy of all ponies to outperform her in strength. Even as Aj clawed her hooves on the ground this did little to stop Fluttershy as she advanced inch by inch against all the odds.

“Blazy!” Fluttershy called again.

Rainbow stepped in front of her to stop her, “Fluttershy, what are you doing!?”

Even with Rainbow holding her back, Fluttershy still advanced.

“Fluttershy, stop!” Rainbow yelled at her and looked at her right on the eyes.

The determination and pain in Fluttershy’s eyes was quite evident, this took Rainbow aback, “Fluttershy… you…” but before she could continue another explosion of flames erupted from the cave, “watch out!” she shouted as she tackled Fluttershy to the ground for cover.

“So annoying!” Gale’s voice sounded in front of them as a strong current of wind manifested itself and changed the direction of the flames.

Looking at the rest of their friends Rainbow saw Breeze in front of them and the same wind current protecting them.

Then another could be heard.

“Weeeeeee!” Pinkie’s upbeat voice sounded as sphere of flames flew off the cave.

Everypony followed the flaming sphere to where it landed and then dissipated; leaving in its place two ponies, Pinkie and a now awakened Blazing Heart.

“That was fun! Can we do it again Ifry? Can we? Can we?” Pinkie asked excitedly.

“Maybe later Pinkie, now I have a rude dragon butt to kick,” Efreet told to her hyperactive friend just as the big red dragon got out of the cave as well with his pony companion, “You think you are tough? Attacking me while I was sleeping, such a tough dragon you are!” she said mockingly.

“I’m going to crush you, you pest!” the dragon growled menacingly and tried to stomp on the ponies.

“Razer, no!” Winter yelled to her dragon friend.

“Too late Glimmer, these ponies asked for it,” Razer said as his front claw hit the area where Pinkie and Efreet were but felt nothing under it.

A little distance away where Rainbow, Aj, Flutershy and Gale were, Efreet appeared from erupting flames with Pinkie in tow.

“Pinkie stay he-“ Efreet was cut short by a butter colored Pegasus who hug tackled her.

“You’re fine!” Fluttershy cried, then locked eye contact with Efreet, “Don’t worry me like that ever again, missy. Are we clear?”

Efreet just rolled her eyes, “ok, mommyshy,” she returned the hug and stroked Fluttershy’s mane to calm her down, “now please stop crying, I don’t like seeing you cry.”

“Not fair! I wanna hug Ifry too! I wanna, I wanna, I wanna!” Gale threw a tantrum like some silly filly.

“Stop ignoring me!” Razer growled as he tried to attack the ponies that were ignoring him.

But a strong wind made him stumble backwards.

“What!” he said in disbelief that some wind just made him stumble.

“Shut up!” he heard before the same wind violently hit him right in the face with extreme force as if he was hit by another full grown dragon.

“Statement. You’re so blunt sis,” Breeze said as her group reunited with them.

“You also shut up; I’m really mad right now! Thi-“ Gale was about to continue but a hoof ruffled her mane.

“Good to see you’re still very temperamental, Berserk.” Efreet said with a giggle.

“Awww,” Gale pouted, but she was secretly enjoying the attention.

Breeze stared at Efreet, “Greeting. Hello big sister Efreet, it’s good to meet you again,” she said in her practically robotical speech pattern.

Efreet snorted, “You’re still with the big sister complex, Typhoon?” she told Breeze with an amused smile and a raised brow.

Breeze’s expression just slightly changed to a small frown, barely noticeable unless you paid close attention to her facial features.

“Don’t make that face, I was just joking,” Efreet laughed at Breeze’s reaction as she said this.

“Watch out!” Applejack yelled by pointing behind them with a leg.

Breeze looked at Applejack, “Thankful. Thank you,” she then made a circular motion with her leg, and a fresh wind current blocked a fire wave that was soon to hit them otherwise, “Offended. It is rude to attack from behind.”

Gale smiled amusingly towards the dragon, “It seems this big boy needs to be teached a lesson,” then looked at Efreet giddily, “oh, can I impart that lesson Ifry?” she said excitedly.

Efreet shrugged, “when was I able to change your mind, Berserk?” she gave her a wink; “go ahead, I need to talk to Hermit anyways.” Then she looked at Breeze, “can I leave them under your care, Typhoon?” she pointed with a leg at her group of friends.

Gale smiled amusingly, and then with a big grin on her face, she launched herself against the dragon.

Breeze nodded to Efreet’s request and stood in front of the group.

As all of this was taking place, Twilight couldn’t do more than intently stare in awe, ‘I-I have to learn about this magic! This is incredible!’

Gale using her wind to impulse herself, leaped upwards with tremendous speed. Dodging a claw going her way trying to squish her she made it to the dragon’s face where he trying to eat her, but with a sideways impulse she got out of the game, making the dragon eat her dust.

“Can’t catch me now, can you?” Gale mocked while circling around the annoyed dragon’s head.

“Stand still, you bug!” Razer yelled with fury at his little attacker.

As a response he got another wind blast to the face.


Hermit looked at Efreet approaching her and was confused about what to do on this situation.

‘Shelooks like she could volt out at any moment now,’ Efreet thought as she slowed down to a stop, ‘what should I do?’ she thought and thought until something clicked in her mind.

Hermit just got even more confused as she saw Efreet sit down just a few meters away from her with a smile on her face.

“I’m not going to hurt you, Hermit. I just want to talk, we don’t have to continue this, meaningless battle,” Efreet calmly expressed her feeling about the situation. Then she hinted to the side with her head, “You don’t want him getting hurt for nothing either, right?”

Hermit gazed at the one-sided battle her friend was involved in, ‘why did it go this way?’ Tears started appearing in her eyes.

Efreet placed a hoof on her distressed friend’s withers, getting her attention, “That’s all I need for an answer, my old friend.” She said before teleporting without waiting for a reply from Hermit.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment