• Published 19th Oct 2017
  • 9,639 Views, 190 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls: Welcome to Canterlot High - LPFanFic



Thomas The Tank Engine enters the world of Canterlot High to locate the missing magic that's disappeared from the Island of Sodor. He meets the Main 7 along the way, and tries solving a problem that challenge his concept of redemption & forgiveness.

  • ...
19
 190
 9,639

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36: A New Reign of Chaos

Thomas & Equestria Girls:
Welcome To Canterlot High

Chapter 36: A New Reign Of Chaos!

In a flashing light, Thomas and Sunset Shimmer found themselves transformed into their engine forms. Both were parked facing each other on a set of rails in a forestry area. The trees, branches and leaves blocked out the bright sun beaming past the small openings through the blockage, making their location a bit dim. They looked around frantically trying to make bare of where they are. Sunset soon discovered she couldn't move her arms or legs. She could only nudge herself forward and backward as her wheels turned on the tracks. Thomas felt he was about to panic at first, not knowing where Discord teleported them to. But upon further inspection, of both his surrounding and the "N3" Vapor Beyer Peacock locomotive right in front of him, Thomas quickly deduced where they were.

"Sunset," Thomas said. "I think we're back on Sodor."

Sunset looked around. Staring back at Thomas, she too caught on quickly this was indeed his Island.

"Well, that would explain this," She said examining her appearance.

She then went back to sight seeing the forest. The leaves where bright green and beaming with life. The cool wind blew whimsically, and the little rays of sunlight peaking through the trees brewed their boilers warmly. The area was strangely quiet. Quieter than usual. Sunset only knew of Sodor based on what Thomas told her, but to now finally see and stand on it's rails was everything she imagined it to be, minus being an engine of course. She couldn't help but smile a little. Thomas tried smiling as well despite their situation.

"Where are we on Sodor exactly?" She asked.

"Hmm. This looks like the west side of the Kirk Ronan branchline. Which means," Thomas gasped. "Sunset. Do you see the Magic Buffers?"

Thomas and Sunset looked around. If this was the area where the Magic Buffers were, they can go back to Canterlot High. Finally, Sunset saw behind Thomas a set of switches pointed to the left leading down a small siding. And at the end of that siding were the Magic Buffers.

"There they are!" Sunset called.

Thomas couldn't see behind him but grew excited still.

"I'll go check it out."

Letting off steam, Sunset builds up speed and charged towards the Buffers. She was just about to make contact. But something was off with the Magic Buffers. A portal should've opened up at the velocity and distance Sunset was aiming by this point. Noticing this, Thomas called out for Sunset to stop. But it was too late. Sunset rams into the buffers. Upon impact, she bounces off and jolts back a bit nearly coming off the rails. Sunset collected herself then gazed at the Buffers in shock.

"Are you okay, Sunset?" Thomas asked.

Sunset didn't know what was going on. She was still on Sodor. Was this part of the Railway falling apart? Where they completely cut off from her world? Repudiated, Sunset went up and rammed them again, each time without doing back to build up speed. But each time she made contact, the buffers wouldn't take her into the Magic Railroad. Sunset panted after each biff growing more and more anxious.

"No. No," She continued ramming the buffers. "NO! NO! No."

Leaning against the buffers feeling defeated, Sunset then noticed something else happening. A dark shading began covering the buffers. The wood rotted and metal rusted away under the darkness. Sunset backed away watching the buffers decimating right before her eyes.

"What's happening?" Thomas asked.

She reversed out of the siding and back on the same line as Thomas.

"It's gone," She said hopelessly. "The portal doesn't work. And now the buffers are disappearing."

"But how will we get back to Canterlot now?" Thomas said.

"I don't know," She said growing frustrated.

Sunset looked around thinking to herself until she saw Mr. Conductor's silver whistle hung around Thomas' left buffer. Then she came up with an idea; one she didn't like and knew very well Thomas wasn't going to be on board with it either.

"We have to use the whistle."

Thomas' eyes widened. "What?! But we can't! Lady needs this, Sunset."

"It's the only way we can get back. Discord and Diesel 10 are close to gaining Lady's magic. We have to be there and make sure they don't."

He stuttered. "No. There has to be another way."

"Then we'll just stop by Muffle Mountain again and restock. We don't have time for this, Thomas."

Thomas pondered, thinking about going to Burnett's workshop.

"Burnett?"

As he was thinking, he then notices an antique brass whistle hung around Sunset's buffer. Upon catching Thomas before Discord teleported them away, Sunset was trying to grab the silver whistle containing all of Lady's magic. But instead, she ended up grabbing the whistle Burnett Stone gave them during their visit to his workshop, the one he made for his wife, Tasha. Thomas smiled excitedly while looking at Sunset's buffer. This confused her at first.

"What are you," Sunset looks down and sees the other whistle too. "That's,"

"Burnett's whistle!" Thomas said laughing excitedly. "The spare he gave us in case we got lost!"

Excitement filled Sunset as well when suddenly it hits them.

"So, we can go back home!"

"And still return her magic!" Thomas finishes.

"There's just one problem though."

"What's that?"

Sunset's enthusiasm lowered a bit upon realizing something. As did Thomas' when seeing her complexion.

"How are we suppose to use it?"

Because they were engines, they didn't have the feasible means to use the whistle and teleport them back to Canterlot High. Silent, the engines looked at the brass whistle around Sunset's buffer contemplating what to do next. Their eyes shot up and looked at each other, both having the same idea.

"Let's find someone who can help us use this whistle," Sunset said.

Thomas smiled determinedly. "My thought's exactly. Come one, I think I know a few who can give us a hand."

With the blow of his whistle, he biffs up to Sunset and pushes her down the track away from the Magic Buffers.


Chuffing down the mainline, Sunset Shimmer was able to see more of Sodor and its scenery. There were lots of bright green trees, country sides that stretch far and wide with farm houses and wild animals running about. She had never seen a place like the Island of Sodor. It truly was everything Thomas made it out to be. But the beautiful sights soon came to an end.

Continuing their search, Thomas and Sunset looked around and saw what kind of tole the Magic' Railroad's corruption was taking on the Island. Everywhere they looked, the trees, plants, grasslands, any and all things were decomposing. It started with the trees. Every single blossoming tree around them began wilting away; drooping over, turning grey, and loosing all the necessities needed to stand. The branches hung off the trees strong and healthy bowed from lack of strength. Leaves curled up and began falling off, brushing against the breeze taking up more space in the sky than even the wind itself. Some flew onto Thomas and Sunset's roof cabs. The putrefying bark become brittle and peeled off the trees, turning grey and brown inside and out.

The grass on Sodor was also decaying as well, turning brown and shriveling. It dried up and wrinkled along with the soil beneath the trees, plants and grass, which became dry as sand and gravel. Flowers and other plants were decaying, wilted, and mushy. Petals broke off and joined the large storm of flaccid leaves in the breeze. Soon every pasture they chuffed by was a field of brown, drought, and turned into a desert filled landscape. There wasn't a hair of grass or plant life standing on any surface of the now sour dusty earth.

Passing over a bridge, Thomas and Sunset looked down and saw the water also drying up. Like a tub unplugged and sinking down the drain, the water that met the surface level was now trickling down reaching all the way to the very bottom of the deep end until there was barely any pond, lake, or river filling in the ravines. The two continued on seeing Sodor's beautiful land diminish before them. The wind carried what were bright and booming leaves and petals breezing freely in the sky, until even the wind itself diminished all together. Leaves and petals could only fall back down to the ground and remain laying on the earth.

Thomas and Sunset share a concerned glance as they chuffed down and examine their surroundings growing more anxious with each passing trail showing them more disintegrating trees, plants, and rivers. Unbeknownst to them, each set of tracks they pass also started showing affects. The sleepers supporting the rails were decaying, being torn in half as it rots and withers like a school of mites eating each splinter at a time. The metal rails then buckled and bent. Some detaching from another and hung loose outward in the air.

They next came across a large farmland, where Trevor the Traction Engine and his driver Jem Cole stood parked by a fence close to the tracks. They were watching crops decaying and the ground drying up into sandy like dirt. Thomas sees them and applies his brakes, stopping just beside them from across the fence. He blew his whistle and got their attention.

"Trevor! Jem!" Thomas said parking next to them. "There's something we need you to do."


The world of Canterlot High wasn't holding up any better. While there wasn't any putrefying structures or plant life thanks to Discord, he still utilized his chaotic magic in their dimension while keeping their world protected from the Magic Railroad's corruption. And because of that, their world was now covered in outlandish surreal chaos.

The dark cloudy skies were now made of fluffy cotton candy, making the atmosphere appear in a soft pink with a tint of purple. The sky would often switch from day time to night every other minute. One moment it's bright and pink outside, the next everything is dark and purple, then it's back to brightness again, and vice versa. Grasslands and other corners of the town's street sections and side walks were replaced with a checkerboard pattering colored in light and dark blue and pink. Serrated rocks grew out from the ground. Thorny vines wrapped around random things. Trees, branches, flowers, and other greenery were spotted and painted different colors.

Buildings and other structures hovered in the air with the roots of it's surface ground still intact and attached, leaving behind craters where the jagged, pointed rocks were once buried. Some of these floating houses were right side up and upside down. Some were so completely lost in gravitation they flop around and slowly float in circles counter clockwise. Houses and stores were upside down or turned into and modeled in a mix match of different shapes and materials of various, implausible building assemblies. This included houses made of playing cards and dominoes. A jelly tower, shopping stores made of straws, balloon structured facilities, cake modeled buildings, Canterlot Mall's now cardboard appearance, and bubble complexes.

At Canterlot High school itself, everyone and everything was in just as much disarray. People walking near by in the neighborhood and students with classes outside were in hysteria. They scurried and ran about all around school campus. The engines and girls all met and pressed against the west wing wall of the building, along with Sir Topham Hatt and Principal Celestia who stood on guard protecting them from the nonsensical chaos. They were all terrified, unable to make sense of what was happening. Though some of what was being made was harmless enough, it was only a matter of time until things started getting too out of control.

Everywhere they looked, they saw nothing but bizarre, strange, surreal, and inexplicable anomalies popping in and out in a light flash. The giant sized Gummy Bears were still stomping around campus roaring at passing people. Human sized Banana people with arms and legs dressed in business suits walked through the courtyard carrying brief cases. They found themselves tripping over banana slices scattered all over and fell on the ground causing their brief cases to open and spew out chicken feathers, clucking when the case springs open. The schools marching band instruments floated mid air and played on its own while parading back and forth across the field as they would if anyone where actually using them. Globes, cue, soccer, volley and basket balls spun frantically mid air and hovered past people. The gargoyle horse heads on top of the buildings were detached and flew freely with the help of their propeller beanies blowing raspberries. A number of floating calk sticks drew long division math equations on nothing but the air between them. They were correct, but the numbers, letters, and symbols were replaced with random inanimate objects like toasters, cheeseburgers, gloves, telephones, and hammers.

"Where's Discord?" Rainbow Dash said sternly. "I oughta give goat bearded show off a piece of my mind."

"We'll have to take care of him later," Twilight said looking around the courtyard. "Right now, we have something worse to worry about."

"Indeed," Celestia agreed. "It's not safe for all these people to be out here. We need to get everyone inside the school."

"I agree," Edward said. "Any where's gotta be better than being out in the open where all the chaos is spreading."

"Will it be any safer inside?" Fluttershy asked.

"Even with Diesel 10?" Sir Topham Hatt said.

"I have faith Vice Principal Luna and all faculty members are doing everything to protect our students," Celestia said.

"I wonder if things are any better back on Sodor," Percy said thinking about Thomas and Sunset.

"Given what we just saw done to the school a moment ago I quite doubt it, deer," Rarity said.

"Our first priority is getting everyone to safety," Twilight Sparkle said. "Then we find Discord and order him to stop this and bring back Thomas and Sunset."

"Right," Sir Topham Hatt nodded. "Celestia, let's get these people to the school. You all get inside while you can and wait for us to return."

"And Miss Out On All The Fun?!" Pinkie Said.

Rainbow Dash scoffed. "As if."

"We will do no such thing," Rarity said.

"Sorry, Sir," Applejack imputed. "But we're stayin' and roundin' up these folks as well. And ain't nothin' you can say or do to convince us otherwise."

"It's okay," Celestia assured him. "Girls, you have permission to stay and gather everyone to the school. We're gonna need all the help we can get."

Sir Topham Hatt was not having it but allowed them to stay anyways. Twilight and her friends join Sir Topham Hatt and Celestia standing in front of the engines still scared but now confused over their exclusion.

"Um, I'll just, hide with them, if that's okay," Fluttershy said nervously.

"Fluttershy," Rainbow Dash said sternly.

Sighing, Fluttershy hung her head and joined her friends.

"Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!" Pinkie Pie hopped. "This Is Going To Be So Exciting!"

"Hey. What about us?" James asked.

"Oh, no," Sir Topham Hatt urged. "You all need to wait in the school."

"I know your trying to protect them," Twilight said. "But like Celestia said, we're gonna need all the help we can get."

"I'm fine with hiding inside," Henry said raising his hand.

"We're not letting our friends face all this danger by themselves," Toby said.

"Exactly," Applejack noted. "And that's the kind of can do attitude we need to rustle up everybody,"

"No," Sir Topham Hatt said. "That's out of the question. Now get yourselves inside that school or so help me,"

One of the giant Gummy Bear monsters stomped its stubby foot near by shaking the ground and causing everyone to bounce. Startled, the whole group gazed fearfully at the green giant roaring in their direction.

"Go now. Quickly!" Sir Topham Hatt urged.

Henry was the first one to run towards the school, followed by Percy, James, and then the rest followed suite. The Gummy Bear's attention was drawn to the girls running away and avoiding its attack with each swing and stomp of its ginormous feet and paws. After another swing of its stubby arm, the Gummy Bear creature tumbles over and falls on it's backside, struggling to get back up by wiggling its limps.

Reunited, the group then splits into teams. Sir Topham Hatt and Celestia partnered up while the girls stuck together. Clutching onto their Geode Crystals, Twilight and her friends pony up, growing ears, wings, and extensions along their hair in glimmering lights. After they were charged and ready, they then split up and went around to subdue the chaos and rescue anyone caught in it's turmoil.

The engines make it to the front entrance. Gordon clutches onto the door about to open and step in, but then stops. Everyone anxiously waited for him while some surveyed the courtyard for anything coming their way. But Gordon still wouldn't open the door.

"Gordon? What are you doing?" James asked.

"I think I have a pretty good idea," Edward said.

"What's that?" Percy asked.

He lets go of the handle and faces everyone.

"We need to help our friends."

"But, Sir Topham Hatt told us to wait inside," Percy said.

"I agree with Gordon," Emily said. "Your friends, our friends, they need us. Seems they can mange to ward off all this magic stuff just fine. But the people still need to be saved."

"And they can't do both things at once," Edward imputed.

"I don't know," James said second guessing. "It's getting worse out there."

"Which is why we need to step in and lend a hand before the school gets there," Toby said bravely.

"But what if we get caught in the mess trying to rescue them?"

Everyone gasped.

"Are we really gonna go against Sir Topham Hatt's orders?" Henry said. "Again?"

The engines went silent. They didn't want to disobey Sir Topham Hatt's orders, especially after seeing how angry he was when founding out about Thomas' job. What if they did make it worse by getting caught up in the magic themselves? Then their friends and Sir Topham Hatt would be cross and have to attend to their aid on top of everything else they're doing. Even so, the girls would still have a lot to tackle themselves. People were in trouble. It was only going to get worse to the point where handling everything coming at them on their own will weigh down and overwhelm Twilight and the others. Going against Sir Topham Hatt may be wrong, but not saving people would be even worse.

Percy then smiled. "Well, Sir did say hide inside the school or so help him."

Catching on his word play, the engines began smiling as well. All except Henry, who was still afraid of all the magical nonsense populating the courtyard.

"Fluttershy could sure use some help," Toby said to Henry.

Henry gulped. Swallowing his fears, he plucked up courage the more he thought about Fluttershy and the rest in danger. Though he was more scared himself, the forefront of helping their new friends motivated Percy to step up and lend them a hand. Percy then jumped off the concrete steps and landed on the checkerboard ground.

"Alright everyone! Let's go!"

The engines cheer and ran with Percy charging onto the courtyard. Each of them branches off to find one of the girls and assist them with whatever they're tackling.

Meanwhile, Discord was off on his own relaxing on the roof top. So long as he can hear chaos going on, he wasn't too concerned with anything except the sounds of disorder filling the streets of Canterlot High, knowing fully he can just stop any interruptions with the snap of his finger. He continued relaxing on an easy chair wearing sunshades and a metal reflector, waiting for Diesel 10 to return while flying his gold fish kites.

"Ah!" Discord stretched and hid his arms around his head. "This is the life."


Twilight Sparkle and Spike were by a wall on the east wing of the building when Edward joined them. He looked up and saw three bicyclists riding vertical along the building walls. They rode on the sides and roof with the bicycle's wheels sticking to the surface smoother than it would on land. The cyclist couldn't stop and continued riding up and along the school walls. Noticing Edward, him and Twilight both nod and smiled. Twilight then used her telekinesis on the three cyclists. She lifts them off their bikes still rolling on the side surfaces without any driver. Covered in a purple magical aura, Twilight lowers them back onto the ground. Dazed and confused, the three cyclists where then escorted to the front entrance by Edward. Spike growls at the on coming marching band instruments floating directly towards them. Giving Edward enough time, Twilight holds them off using her magic to freeze them in their place. Eventually, the instruments ceased resistance and dropped to the ground upon her magic auras release. Twilight and Spike then made sure Edward and the bystanders reached the front safely and continued rescuing more students.

Rainbow Dash was flying in the air kicking, smacking, and throwing away the rapid spinning sports balls when Gordon spots and approaches her. Rarity wasn't far from the commotion either. She had a diamond shield created around her and a few students hidden away from the volley balls and globes striking her shield repeatedly. He then sees more people hiding behind a bush. But the spotted bush then puts on it's glasses, pulls out a newspaper and coffee mud, gets up and walks away reading the daily news while taking sips of its drink.

Confused beyond comprehension, Gordon was alerted to some sports balls that slipped Rainbow Dash's attention hurdling towards the bystanders. Thinking quickly, Gordon runs after the walking bush, grabs it, and steps in front of the bystanders while holding the bush towards the sports balls. Each one strikes and bounces off the bush still reading its paper and drinking coffee. He sets it down to walk off then guides everyone to the front entrance.

Looking over her shoulder, Rainbow Dash sees Gordon with the bystanders, as well as the gargoyle horse heads flying towards them with their propeller hats. Rainbow Dash soars down after them. Before they can reach Gordon, Rainbow Dash kicks one away and bounces off onto and hugs the other gargoyle causing both of them to spin uncontrollably. Gordon turns and watches Rainbow Dash regaining her altitude as she lets go and throws the gargoyle horse head against the wall. Gordon looks back at the bystanders already close to the entrance as they enter the building. He turns to Rainbow Dash again collecting her breath and gives her a thumbs up. She does the same before flying down and hovering next to him. The two hear more chaos going on. Rainbow Dash grabs Gordon by the wrist and pulls him across the field.

Henry finds Fluttershy more or less trying to avoid getting near and dodging the nonsensical chaos herself. She didn't like being outside where all the trouble was taking place. Startled, Fluttershy looks over and sees Henry placing his hand on her shoulder. She smiles back at him trying to muster a courageous grin. Henry couldn't bring himself to do so however, indicating he too didn't like being out here. Fluttershy turns to face him fully and nods, both understanding their underlined fears. But the two also knew they had to be brave for everyone's sake.

The first spot of chaos they come across were students running on Hamster wheels. They were sweating trying to keep up by running forward with the wheel spinning in the opposite direction. Surprised, Henry and Fluttershy share a glance then went up and grabbed hold of their hands to pull them out. They went up to every person trapped inside the stationary hamster wheel and tugged them away. Doing so caused the hamster wheels to launch forward like a loose tire coming off a moving vehicle. The wheels bounced and rolled off the ground until finally coming to a stop by spinning in a circular motion then falling on its side. The hamster wheels then turned into yellow butterflies with pink wings and cyan polka dots. The students panted and wiped off sweat. Fluttershy uses her Geode to call some of her animal friends and asks them to escort the students. Henry points to the school for them to go and hide in. They do so, with Angel Bunny, squirrels, and birds guiding the limping teens towards the school exhausted from running. Edward and Twilight step in as well wrapping most of their arms around their necks and carried them towards the entrance.

Toby ducks down and hides next to Applejack and some people crouched behind some bushes. She was escorting them away from the yellow Gummy Bear giant searching through an empty car and waited for the opportune time to make a break for the entrance. The Gummy Bear throws the car away over its shoulder causing it to explode upon landing on the road. Applejack looks at Toby and the other students informing them the plan. Toby and the rest nodded. Taking one more look at the giant Gummy Bear, now distracted by Pinkie Pie hopping around, Applejack gets up and signals everyone to follow her.

They do so, staying as close to the wall as possible until they reach the center courtyard. Some held onto each others hands and interlocked arms so no one got separated. Applejack locks her arm around Toby's and proceeds to the doors. Then, a giant, wind up, cymbal-banging monkey appears out of nowhere in front of them. Toby, Applejack and the others skidded and froze in place. The monkey banged its cymbals whaling along to each clashing clang while everyone covers their ears. Applejack and Toby tried calming the students, but they soon ran away from the wind-up toy barely attaining a foot towards them. They called out and warned them not to run away. But the students soon find themselves running into wide, elongated, full figured eggs. One ran into a small egg, another into a medium size egg. Each egg was bigger than the last and consisted of stained glass patterns of Discord. Finally, the last student ends up in the largest nesting doll which closes shut on them.

Applejack runs up and tried prying the doll open. "Help me get this darn thing open,"

Toby does so, helping her with the bigger nesting doll. They pulled and pulled with all their might. Applejack uses her Geode to increase her strength and successfully pries open the nesting doll and frees the student. They quickly move on to the next doll while Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy fly above and distract the cymbal monkey directing it away from campus. Each student they freed stepped in and pull open the next enclosed egg. Toby went a head and opened the smaller nesting dolls, finding them surprisingly less staining and more in tune with his strength. Soon every student was freed from the dolls. Toby panted a little already feeling worn out from saving people. Applejack rests her hand on his shoulder and smiles, showing pride in his prowess. After they collect themselves, they follow after the students making their way to the school.

James and Emily meet Rarity using her Diamond faced shield to block random objects from striking her and a few people hidden inside the dome. They wanted to go over but their path was covered in banana peels, along with the human sized banana business men tripping over them. Taking caution, Emily was the first to step in the field of banana peels, taking one step on an empty surface. She then takes another on empty surface with her other foot and carefully avoids stepping on the peels. James also takes one step on an empty space after seeing how seamless Emily was preforming. But then Emily nearly looses her footing and starts swaying back and forth. Both her feet locked together as she teeters on heels. James quickly tip toes over to her while avoiding left-over banana peels and catches Emily before she fell. The two friends sigh in relief. Emily looks up and the two smile to each other. Then they notice three banana men walking by casually until they trip and fall over. Doing so cleared a path for James and Emily. Seizing the opportunity, Emily and James waited for all the banana men to trip over the banana peels then even more seamlessly walk over and help the people caught in a falling loop. Once the banana field was clear, they meet Rarity fading her diamond shield away upon their arrival.

"Ugh. I've just had about enough of all this chaos drivel," Rarity said brushing off her clothes. "I'm going to need a serious spa treatment when this is over."

"I'll say," Emily said. "But we still need to get these people to safety."

"Agreed," Rarity nodded. "Everyone, to the school!"

Just then, the vicinity suddenly started raining pies. But instead of raining from the sky, the pies were raining from the ground. Pies splattered all over them, leaving the teens in a sticky mess. They're clothes were covered in blueberry, raspberry, pumpkin, and apple pastry.

"Hurry!" James called to the students.

Him, Rarity, Emily and the students ran down the courtyard while being pelted with more pies raining upward from the ground. Some splatter on James' face now meshed with different flavors. Annoyed, James wipes it off then continues on with the others trying to dodge the ascending shower of various pies. The teens evade and step out of the pie rain standing not very far from the entrance.

"We're almost there," James said.

James, Rarity and Emily look back and see one of the students grabbing their leg trying to pull it out from the pavement. Only it wasn't pavement. The ground beneath them was now made of melted fudge. The three students screamed finding themselves sinking under the sticky chocolate. The more they struggled the quicker they sank. James, Emily and Rarity watched anxiously and ran over to help them out. Thankfully it seems they reached the bottom as the teens now stood at waist level in a puddle of muddy chocolate. The three friends grab each of the three students and tried pulling them out, finding it difficult to free them from the sticky substance that began cooling up.


Percy was pressed behind the Wondercolt Statue hiding from one of the Gummy Bear creatures stomping in the streets. He was trying to reach Pinkie Pie dealing with one of the giants on a look out for anything that moves. He was too afraid to step away from the statue and debated on going somewhere else. Nothing can be any worse than facing a three story Gummy Bear. One of the monsters walks away however, leaving a clear path for him to run towards Pinkie Pie hiding behind the school sign. This was as good enough timing as he can ask. Shaking off his fears, Percy sprints towards the school sign and knelt down next to Pinkie Pie. After looking out from behind the gold horseshoe, she kneels back down and beams upon seeing Percy sitting next to her.

"Percy!" Pinkie said happily. "You're Not Hiding In The School?"

"Nope. We-we decided to lend a hand," He said trying not to sound scared.

"Oh, Well That Explains Why This Is Some How A Lot Less Difficult Than We Thought."

"So, what are you doing?" Percy asked.

The two looked out from behind the horseshoe sign to see a red Gummy Bear marching around. They hid behind it again as the monster turns and nearly spots them.

"We're Gonna Take That No Good, Deliciously Delectable, But Still No Good Gummy Bear Down!"

"We?"

"Of Course! Now That You're Here, I Won't Have To Do All The Munching By Myself!"

"P-Pinkie. I don't know. I only came here to see if you needed help rescuing someone. I can't take on a," Percy gulps and gazes at the red Gummy Bear. "Gummy Bear Monster."

"Oh, Sure You Can. How Bad Can An Over-sized, Gigantuous, Man Eating, Bundle Of Sweetness Be?"

Another explosion goes off followed by the roar. Percy and Pinkie stare out to the streets nervously watching the red Gummy Bear stomp the ground. They duck down again.

"This is too much for me. I can't do this, Pinkie," Percy said anxiously then grew more dejected. "I just, know I can't."

Pinkie was concerned for him. Something was upsetting Percy. Something preventing him from having the confidence to tackle this. Was he really afraid of the monsters? Anyone one would be, sure. But for him, Percy wants nothing to do with it. He had been upset about something for a while, and Pinkie wanted to pucker up his spirits once more. But this time with a different tactic. Determined, Pinkie Pie smears a muddy substance across her cheeks, pulls out two army helmets and places one on her head. Her pony ears poke through two holes specially carved out for them. She places the other helmet firmly on Percy and smears his cheeks with the muddy substance as well.

"Listen Up, Cadet!" She said in a militant voice. "We've Got A Plan Of Attack And We Are Gotta Roll Out And Follow Through! Otherwise, The Enemy Will Have The Higher Ground And This Battle Will Be Compromised."

"Is this, chocolate?"

"Couverture!" She said normally.

Pinkie scoops a finger tip full off her cheek and eats it. Giggling to herself after enjoying her sample, Pinkie goes back to portraying a militant persona.

"Now, In Order To Take Them By Surprise, We Must Initiate A Strategic Tactic That Hinders The Enemy's Only Weakness."

Percy had no idea what Pinkie was doing or what she's going on about.

"Stapogate-What?"

"Work With Me, Cadet!" She said leaning close to him. "Think About It. What Do You Do With Gummy Bears?"

"Run away and hope they do too?" Percy shrugged and grins sheepishly.

Pinkie Pie leans ups, grabs an extra gummy bear from her hair, and takes a bite out of it. Percy was shocked.

"You want me to eat them?!"

"Giants Or No, They're Still Tasty Snacks. And We Are Gonna Chow Down Each And Every Last One Of Them To Their Tiny Toesy Woesy's."

"But I can't, Pinkie. I'd like to be brave and help out, but this is too scary. How am I suppose to eat all of that anyways?"

"Together, Silly. You Didn't Think I'd Let You Have All The Fun, Did You?"

Pinkie rests her hand on his shoulder reassuringly and smiles. Percy was confused. She wasn't in her militia mode anymore so where could this be going.

"If We're Gonna Defeat These Monsters, You Gotta Stand Tall And Learn To Face Your Fears. Once You Do That, You'll See They Can't Hurt You. Just Laugh And Make Them Disappear."

Percy raised his brow. "Will that work?"

Another explosion goes off. This one was close enough where a gust of wind from the crash breezes past them.

"Maybe They Can Still Hurt Just A Tiny Little Bit. But Don't Worry. So Long As You Laugh Your Way Through This, You Won't Think About Being Scared Anymore!"

"I don't think now's the time for laughing, Pinkie."

"Are You Kidding?! Every Time Is A Time For Laughing! You Just Have To Know When It's Appropriate. Once You Do, Then Laugh Like There's No Tomorrow!"

Percy gulped. He wasn't so sure. He was still doubting himself. Then he remembered something an old friend told him once. After a hesitant sigh, told he Pinkie his friend's motto.

"Being brave isn't the same as not feeling scared. Being brave is about what you do, even when you do feel scared."

Pinkie Pie smiled proudly. Percy does the same.

"Does That Mean You'll Help?" She asked interlocking her hand together.

"I. I guess," He plucked up more courage. "I will."

"Yippie!"

Zooming away then back again, Pinkie rolls in a light blue cannon with pink wheels and a sunflower on each side of the wheels. Pinkie then grabs and lifts Percy off the ground and stores him into the cannon.

"Pinkie! What are you doing?"

"Lining You Up For The Shot, Of Course!"

"What?!"

She turns the cannon towards the red Gummy Bear and lines it up in the creature's sights. Percy shivered inside the cannon as he met the monster still stomping around the streets. Pinkie Pie pops up from below meeting Percy face to face and grinning gleefully.

"I'm not okay with this, Pinkie! There has to be a better idea!"

"Don't Worry, Percy," Pinkie winked. "I Won't Let Them None Of Those Nasty Sugary Bears Take You Away To Their Home In The Forest."

Percy stuttered nervously with wide eyes.

"T-t-take me? To the forest?!"

Pinkie Pie drops down then pops back up behind the cannon. She grabs the string and places her food on the wheel.

"Go Get Em, Percy!"

"Wait!"

"Fire In The Hole!"

Yanking the string, the party cannon fires off and launches a screaming Percy into the air hurdling towards the Gummy Bear. Confetti flew everywhere and stuck to Percy's clothing. His arms and legs waved and kicked frantically as he soared through the sky still screaming. The red Gummy Monster spots Percy and growls as he nears the creature standing its ground. Pinkie Pie stomps her party canon upwards and hops in. Lowering the canon in the direction of the gummy bear, Pinkie lines herself up and blasts off into the air as well with confetti spewing out and sticking to her. She reached her arm out with her fist enclosed while hurdling towards the monster. Along the way Pinkie Pie flies past Percy, sending him rapidly spinning clockwise upon passing him.

His arms and legs spread out as Percy strikes and lands on the giant's jelly stomach with a full belly flop. Percy peels his face off the sticky surface; The rest of his body still stuck to it. Nervously, he took a bite out of the jelly. After a couple of chews, Percy realized that these giants were in deed still very much editable snacks. Satisfied, Percy happily takes another bite. Suddenly the giant Gummy Bear Creatures weren't as scary as he thought. Pinkie Pie reaches the monster too and ends up at the top of it's head. In one foul swoop, she munches down the Gummy Bear in a rapid spinning, continuous motion. A streak of pink was all that could be seen circling around the creature and a vacuuming sound heard while the head and the arms slowly disappear under the spinning pink ring. Percy was still on his second bite when Pinkie reaches the torso and consumes as much as he could before it disappeared under the circling streak.

Soon the entire Gummy Bear was gone, consumed by Percy and Pinkie Pie, but mostly Pinkie. The two friends found themselves sitting on the ground next to it remnants. Their backs leaned against each other while they blissfully rub their tummies.

"Best, Day, Ever," Pinkie burped.

Then, Pinkie heard Percy making a funny noise from behind her. It started off slow, then kept on going. He was laughing. Percy couldn't help but laugh at how exhilarating being shot out of her Party Cannon was and flying towards the giant creatures thinking it could only end badly. Top it off with Pinkie's burp and he was having a grand time. Pinkie Pie joins in, both chuckling for a good while until they simmered down. They were now just happy to be successful in their retaliation.

But their victory was soon interrupted. The other two Gummy Bears, one yellow and one green, began stomping over to Percy and Pinkie Pie causing the ground to rumble and shake in their wake. The two looked up in dread and felt the weight and fill of their stomachs finally catch up.

"Do we have enough room to eat the rest?" Percy asked nervously.

Pinkie Pie held back some regurgitation. "Probably Not."


Things were only getting more complicated. James, Rarity and Emily still couldn't get the students out of the melted chocolate fudge. Even when Gordon, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Toby stepped in they were finding it difficult still. Applejack managed to pull one out but the other two still had to be saved. Their attention then had to be drawn to the gargoyle horse heads flying towards them. Rainbow Dash and Applejack go over to stop them but were pelted by more pies raining upward and threw off Rainbow Dash's flight and distracted Applejack. Twilight Sparkle, Spike, and Edward were too busy dealing with the cymbal clanging Monkey. No matter how much they tried to combat it, the chaos kept on getting much stronger than before.

Fluttershy and Henry were watching things getting worse. Fluttershy saw a family of raccoons huddled together confused and afraid. She flew over and tried shielding them by hugging the family. Then there was trouble. Henry sees one of the large, medium sized nesting dolls nudging its way wide open towards Fluttershy. Gasping, Henry tried calling out to her but the marching band hovered passed and played its loud instruments behind him. The noise drowned out his call, making it so she couldn't hear his warning. Henry glares at the instruments then looks back to see the impending nesting doll inching closer and closer to Fluttershy. Henry tapped his lips nervously. He didn't know what to do. Afraid, worried, frozen in fear, he had to do something. And do something he did.

At the spur of the moment, Henry ran towards Fluttershy picking up the raccoon family in her arms still unaware of her surroundings. Suddenly to her surprise, Henry pushes her out of the way just in time. In time for the nesting doll to enclose itself on Henry, trapping him inside. Fluttershy recovers while still hovering and holding onto the raccoon family. They jump out of her grasp and run away. Still confused, Fluttershy then gasps once she caught on what just happened by looking at the nesting doll and hearing someone banging from the inside. Cries for help belonged to Henry. She covers her mouth with her hands. Shaking her head in denial, Fluttershy flies over and inspects the doll.

"H-Henry?" she called.

"Fluttershy? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am," She places her hand on the doll. "Thanks to you."

Henry sighed in relief. "That's good."

"Let's get you out of there."

Gripping the lid, she pulled and pulled, but the vertical lid wouldn't open. Henry was pulling from the inside as well. But no matter how hard they tried they couldn't get it to budge. Henry finally gave up.

"It's no use. Go help the others. I'll be fine here. I think."

"No!" Fluttershy said. "I won't leave you."

She uses her Geode to call upon her animal friends for assistance. Any animal with poseable fingers including a bear, the raccoon family, squirrels, Angel Bunny, and some beavers stepped in and gripped the doors ready to pull. On Fluttershy's command, they heaved and pulled, able to get it open enough to let in light, but no further could they budge it anymore.

"Fluttershy," Henry said bravely. "Don't worry about me. I'll be alright. Go. Make sure everyone else is safe now too."

Fluttershy collapse to her knees and leans her head on the wooden doll.

"But... you saved me."

She felt a wave of tears building up. Henry peaked through the opening and saw Fluttershy spiraling in despair, sniffing back her tears. He presses his back against the walls and collapse to the floor. The animals still kept tugging until eventually they too gave up. After which, they huddled around Fluttershy for comfort seeing how upset she was. Grateful, she embraces as much of them as she could and lets a few tears to leak out. The two friends stayed as they were. Fluttershy, Angel, and the rest of the animals never left Henry's side. All they did was wait for their friends to show up and give this another try. But with Discord's magic getting worse, there will be too much to subdue by the time they make it to them.


A cloud of sparkling gold shaped like a tank engine materializes in the streets. As the Gold Dust clears, Thomas and Sunset Shimmer find themselves standing in the middle of a shopping district of Canterlot. At least, this would be where they were, save for all the changes made to half the buildings down each avenue now either floating above ground upside down and made of bubbles, cardboard, balloons and all sorts of bizarre choices for building structures. Thomas and Sunset quickly notice this and gaze worrisome at the altered structures and patterning. They also realized to that they weren't where they tried to teleport.

Sunset walks further into the street and looks around. She was confused over how they ended up in the shopping district and not Canterlot High. Seeing the state her world is in was also catching her off guard.

"I don't get it. Why are we here?"

"Maybe the sparkles are not working properly because of the corruption?" Thomas said.

"Maybe. At least it brought us back to Canterlot."

Sunset examines both Mr. Conductor's and the brass whistle in her hand.

"The Gold Dust still work. But it's not able to navigate where we want to go. That must be why we're here and not at CHS."

Just when things were getting more confusing, she looks back at Thomas and see him still in his tank engine form. Thomas didn't realize this yet as he was too busy staring at the everything around him in awe struck. The street looked completely different now. The side walks were checkerboard, stores floated above ground, and the sky was pink with cotton candy clouds.

"Discord did all this?" Thomas asked in shock.

"He did," She said walking back to Thomas and stood beside his buffers. "Princess Twilight told me the extent of his magic. But, I never could've imagined anything this bad."

Thomas finally looks down and sees his buffers. He was startled to realize he was still a tank engine in Sunset's world. Discord's magic must still have an effect on him and so Thomas didn't turn into a human upon entering this dimension. He looks at Sunset, both fully aware of the danger they faced and the damage being done here.

"We have to put a stop to this!" Thomas said unwavering.

"And we will," Sunset said gripping her satchel.

Sunset looks down the street in their direction. Suddenly, a person walks in front of Sunset giving her a bit of a jolt. This person wasn't walking on the ground like normal. They were upside down. Their head barely touched the ground and their feet walked seamlessly along air as they would on earth. She steps away from the person casually passing by her and Thomas, not at all alarmed by everything in their vicinity. Thomas looks around and sees a number of people also walking upside. Some were walking their dogs, talked on the phone, and carried groceries bags that remained intact and grounded on the air they now stroll along.

There were more unusual sights to came. Examining the streets, Thomas and Sunset saw even more chaotic nonsense passing by and taking up most of the block. A Fish using a candy cane was sitting by the sewers trying to fish for something inside. The fish managed to catch a cat meowing in distress. Thomas and Sunset looked up and see a car with thirty-foot long deer legs. It walks beside Thomas, who stared up in awe at the strange sight until it passes by and continues walking. A green city bus with stubby feet, an alligator tail and scutes running along its top came to a halt and lays on it's stomach by a bus stop. Its doors open and out came screaming civilians running away. The doors close, the alligator bus gets back up, and continues on to the next bus stop. There were trucks with tiny humming bird wings, Square dancing traffic lights, and people running the opposite direction on a circular spinning road being chased by floating, laughing carrots.

Thomas and Sunset looked at each other worrisome. They though about their friends and how they're holding up against all this madness. Thomas plucked up courage.

"Hop on board, Sunset."

"What?"

"Lady's the only one who can stop this. I'll take us to Canterlot High and then we'll deliver the whistle together."

"You gonna be okay driving through all this?"

"How bad can it be?" He said trying to sound chipper. "It's only a, little chaotic and, my wheels."

Thomas looks down at the road he's standing on then back at Sunset. Traversing through the road without any rails was going to be challenging, and if they're not careful, a bit liable too. But this still did little to break Thomas' confidence.

"let's go."

Sunset nodded. She went over to Thomas's cab and climbs on board ready to take off. Resting her arm on his side cab, Sunset then stared in wonderment at all the valves.

"Should I like, be doing anything with these?" Sunset asked puzzled by the configurations.

"Just leave it up to me," Thomas said determinedly.

Thomas groaned and grunted. Turning his wheels with every ounce of strength he could, he managed to get himself going. His wheels mowed through the pavement breaking away the rock as they pressed forward. At last, they gained a consistent speed. Sunset firmly held the side of Thomas' cab as they chuffed down the chaos filled streets.


While chuffing speedily now, Sunset and Thomas spot more chaotic anomalies passing by. To their right, a family of dolphins swam next to them, jumping up and diving back into the pavement. A collection of analog and digital clocks ticking, winding, gear shifting, and alarms went off as they float by and soar a head. A vehicle sized sailboat drove beside Thomas' left. The bald eagle driving the boat lifts its sunglasses and bounces their brows before driving off down another street. A strawberry milkshake tornado began tearing away some of the buildings and collected a few objects in its wake. Random objects such as the dancing traffic lights, trees, and a round folding table. Thankfully, the tornado didn't catch Sunset or Thomas and whizzed down a different block.

Then, and perhaps the most surprising sight to Thomas out of everything he's seen so far, was none other than The Chinese Dragon. Long ago, he was tasked with carrying a Chinese dragon made of paper and lights to a carnival back on Sodor. He once used it to scare Percy for teasing him about the time Thomas thought the saw a ghost. Now the Chinese Dragon was alive and flying next to him glowing with lights illuminated from his insides. The Dragon looks over to a startled Thomas and winks at him. Sunset didn't know what Thomas was worked up about, despite it still being very unusual. Some bongs and Guzhengs go off as the Dragon happily slithers in front of Thomas and serpentines the rest of the way down the street until they were out of sight. Sunset was still trying to wrap her head around it, though not as much as Thomas was.

Sunset was then alerted to a backdrop building made of a cardboard tipping and leaning towards them.

"Thomas, look out!" she called.

Thomas looks and sees the plummeting backdrop building falling down about to land on top of them. Building up steam, Thomas races a head before the cardboard backdrop could hit them, landing with a thud on the road. There was more to come. Without any rails, Thomas couldn't turn to his left or his right. This became apparent when a store structured out of balloons was in their sights and approaching closer to it faster than he could stop.

"Cinders and ashes!"

Jagged, cone shaped rocks grew and came poking out from the road all around them. They sprung up everywhere out of nowhere and drew closer and closer to Thomas and Sunset.

Thomas tried to apply his brakes but was still heading towards the balloon house. Just then, one of the jagged rocks sprung out from underneath Thomas. It pushes from underneath his buffers and tilts him over to his right. Sunset held onto the side of his cab with her life. Another one grew as he rams into it, causing him to shift more to his right and straight down towards the other street. Landing back on the ground with a clang and a hefty thud, Thomas proceeds on ward and exists the shopping district.

"We're almost there!" Sunset said. "Just a few more blocks."

Hearing this, Thomas builds up speed and charges down the street, chipping away the road as seamless as driving on rails.


To Be Continued.

PreviousChapters Next