• Published 19th Oct 2017
  • 9,604 Views, 190 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls: Welcome to Canterlot High - LPFanFic



Thomas The Tank Engine enters the world of Canterlot High to locate the missing magic that's disappeared from the Island of Sodor. He meets the Main 7 along the way, and tries solving a problem that challenge his concept of redemption & forgiveness.

  • ...
19
 190
 9,604

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: Looking For Lady

Thomas & Equestria Girls:
Welcome To Canterlot High

Chapter 12: Looking For Lady

The Girls now knew the truth about Thomas. He was actually a tank engine on a mission to search for a magic train named Lady and save his home the Island of Sodor from certain doom. He also told them about Gold Dust, the Magic Railroad, and what he knows about how it's magic works. He still didn't know why Gold Dust was hurting him, refusing to believe someone may have been manipulating it to inflict harm. Thomas thought the reason for his black out was because Lady's absence from the Magic Railroad is starting to take effect on anyone or anything connected to her magic, even though him being knocked unconscious never happened last time Lady was lost. Because Thomas had Gold Dust surging through his body, he might be now more susceptible to its effects.

Everyone left the band room to go get lunch in the cafeteria. They all sat on a table eating their meals while still trying to piece together what's going on with the Gold Dust. The Girls began asking more questions about Gold Dust and their relation to his black out.

"So, it really was the Gold Dust that's hurting you?" Fluttershy said. "The magic sparkles were the ones causing that shadow thingy to appear."

"It would seem so," Thomas said. "Maybe Lady not running the line anymore is the reason her magic's out of control. The lack of magic being made might be what's causing Mr. Conductor and I to start feeling sick."

"That's why when you assumed this was the case," Twilight stated. "You left in a hurry in hopes of finding her before anything like yesterday got out of hand again."

"Yeah. And, more so that I don't get in trouble with Sir Topham Hatt," Thomas admitted. "He had a job for me and Percy last night but I never showed up for it. I was hoping I would've brought her back by yesterday, but now that I'll be going to Canterlot High a bit longer, I'm hoping Percy was able to tell Sir Topham Hatt why I'm not on Sodor."

"I too am hoping your friend told him where you are," Rarity said. "If anything, you should've let this Mr. Topham know yourself before running off to other worlds so abruptly."

"So, you didn't tell anyone other than Percy where you were going?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

"Well, yeah. I really thought I wouldn't be here that long. But then after I started going to classes and meeting you guys; all of that changed. I thought I had to go back to Sodor, but now I can't. Lady is definitely here. And I'm going to bring her home. Even if it means getting a scolding or two."

"But you only saw her here at school when it was night," Twilight said. "Does that mean we'll have to wait until it's dark out again to see her?"

"Nope. She's here, even now. I can feel it. I just have to search for her again as soon as possible."

"Well in that case, why not add a few more people to your search party?" Applejack said.

"Oh. You wanna help me?"

"Of course, we do, Sugarcube!"

"That's Right!" Pinkie imputed. "You Can't Call It A Search Party Without A Lot Of People In It, Silly! Otherwise It'd Just Be A Solo Party, And Those Are No Fun."

"Um, I wouldn't mind helping as well," Fluttershy said. "If-if you don't mind, at least."

"Count me in!" Rainbow Dash said.

The rest of the Girls nodded, agreeing to join the search. Thomas could see they were determined, and already on board with his mission. He felt a little bashful for some reason.

"You really don't have to," he said, modestly.

"We told you already darling, we're sticking by your side no matter what," Rarity confidently said. "Besides, if all we have to do is locate an engine hiding out at CHS, then that's the appropriate amount of magic quandary I'm keen in dealing with."

"It is nice that there isn't someone using magic to take over the world for once," Fluttershy said.

"Finding Lady is gonna be a breeze!" Rainbow Dash boasted, spinning a soccer ball around on her finger.

Thomas remembered what Mr. Conductor, Percy, and Toby told him about Diesel 10.

"That is, if Diesel 10 doesn't find her first. There's a chance he's also after Lady's magic too."

Rarity slouched with disappointment in her seat.

"So much for this magic business bein' a cakewalk eh?" Applejack smiled, comforting Rarity.

"Or A Pancake Walk, A Shortcake Walk," Pinkie Pie said. "Oh, Even Better, A Cupcake Walk!"

"Who's Diesel 10?" Sunset asked Thomas.

He slouched. "I don't know anymore."

The girls shared glances to each other, wondering what he meant. He then tried to explain Diesel 10 to them.

"Mr. Conductor thinks he's the one behind the magic going crazy. If he is, then this wouldn't the first time he tried stealing Lady's magic. Long ago, he wanted to take over the Magic Railroad, so he can use Lady's power to destroy it and all the steam engines. He nearly crashed her the first time trying to take away her magic, but Lady's caretaker managed to hide her away. When she returned he tried again, only to be foiled thanks to Mr. Conductor and I."

Everyone was in shock while listening to Thomas go on about this diesel engine. They couldn't believe someone as dangerous as Diesel 10 actually existed where he's from, and how close he came to destroying Sodor and the Magic Railroad. Living on Sodor did not sound as mundane as it did.

"When Diesel 10 was allowed back on Sodor, he kind of stopped hunting for Lady. He even helped around the Island for a while. I still thought he was scary, but Diesel 10 proved he was really useful after helping us clean the Sodor Airport."

Thomas sighed pausing to reflect back on those days, which all seemed like vivid memories to him.

"Something changed in him after that. He went back to being evil, going from trying to take over the Steamworks to stealing our Christmas decorations."

"Okay, so is this guy evil or not?" Rainbow Dash asked, confused.

"That's the problem. I though Diesel 10 learned his lesson and was really useful now that he knew how wrong his actions were. But Mr. Conductor, even Percy is convinced he's blocking the Magic Railroad and using Gold Dust to hurt us."

"He sounds like a very scary engine," Fluttershy said, nervously hugging herself. "I hope we ever meet him if Diesel 10's as bad as he sounds."

All of the stories she's heard so far about Diesel 10 frightened her.

"Are you sure he's not the one controlling the magic? I mean, what if this Diesel 10 guy," Sunset was interrupted.

"No. He's not," Thomas said, sternly.

Sunset was put off. She was surprised to see Thomas so defensive.

"Then, what was that thing I saw in my vision?"

"Vision?" he asked.

Thomas was confused. Sunset looked to Twilight and nodded before taking off her necklace to show him her Geode Crystal. Everyone else does the same and whipped out theirs so he can see them carrying locket contained Geode necklaces.

"These Geodes grant us unique magical abilities. We found them when we were all at Camp Everfree. My hunch is that they're from Equestria, but other than that, we don't actually know where they're from. Mine allows me to read other people's thoughts by contacting them and feeling their emotions."

Thomas was impressed so far.

"While you were out, I sort of saw into your thoughts and feelings by holding onto your arm. When I did, I saw a land covered in red and surrounded by fire. In the middle of it all was something laughing. I think it might've been Diesel 10 using Gold Dust on the Magic Railroad."

Disheartened, Thomas leaned back on his chair slouching down a little. Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle looked at each other noticing how conflicted he appeared.

"What do you think, Thomas?" Twilight asked. "Do you really believe he can be redeemed?"

He looked over to Twilight and the others.

"I mean, I want to." He then corrected himself, "No. He has to be. I refuse to believe Diesel 10's the one using magic to do all this."

"Well, I suppose you can't always rely on people to see the bad in what they're doing right off the bat," Rarity said. "May I ask what he was doing prior to this whole debacle?"

"After stealing our Christmas decorations, he sorta laid low for a while. Sir Topham Hatt then sent him away not long ago. I heard it was because there were too many diesels on Sodor. But then there was this rumor saying that he never left the Island, and was hiding out at the Dieselworks."

"You really believe this guy turned himself around after all the things he tried to do you and your friends?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I Believe Him!" Pinkie Pie said, popping next to Thomas and wrapping her arm around his shoulder.

"You do?" Thomas asked.

"We've Met People Who've Learned From Their Mistakes Before, Right? If Thomas Says He's Good Now, Then That's Good Enough For Me!" Pinkie then appeared back in her chair.

"Eh, What the hey," Applejack smiled. "Magic probably is actin' up 'cause of Lady's absence from the Railroad. Seems bout right to me."

"I still think he sounds scary," Fluttershy said.

"So do I, Fluttershy," Thomas said. "But if I wasn't brave enough to ask him for help with the Airport, a lot of things could have gone wrong and Diesel 10 agreed to fix that. I know for a fact he secretly just wants to be really useful. And that's all I need to believe that he really did learn from his past actions, and decided to be a much more reliable engine."

"If that's the case, then I guess we'll let him off the hook," Rainbow Dash said in support.

Twilight Sparkle and the others all collectively agreed.

"Yes, I suppose we shouldn't be too judgmental towards someone we've barely even met," Rarity said. "Pinkie Pie is right. I mean, if Sunset Shimmer can be reformed why not give this Diesel 10 character a chance to?"

"Rarity!" Sunset said.

Rarity was confused a first but then remembered to correct herself. Though it wasn't at all what Sunset was upset about, but she didn't know this.

"Oh, no offence dear."

Sunset Shimmer embarrassingly slapped her hands on her forehead. She was red with shame when looking back at Thomas perplexedly gazing at her; wondering what Rarity meant by her being reformed. Sunset didn't want him to know about her past right away. Rarity may have just let it slip by accident that at one-point Sunset was not a good person herself. Twilight Sparkle saw this and tried to change the subject before Thomas started asking questions.

"Then it's settled," she stood, with assurance. "We're all going help Thomas look for Lady,"

Thomas forgot what Rarity said for the moment as he and everyone else happily agreed to the plan. The bell ranged for students to head to their afternoon classes. Before heading off, Thomas made sure to describe what Lady might look like to the others so they have a clearer idea of what they're looking for.


He didn't know which class he had next until Pinkie Pie showed Thomas where they needed to go. They both had cooking class together. While there, they looked around the room for anyone who may look like Lady. Nobody fitting her description was in cooking class, however. Regardless, Thomas found he was having fun with cooking after a while. Pinkie Pie made it so because of her love for eating and sweets. The two both partnered up as Pinkie taught Thomas how to mix, decorate, and which ingredients were important to go with which, until she started improvising and ended up making a large rainbow cake with chocolate fudge frosting, various candy toppings, and sparkling candles that didn't meet what was told to be made but were still graded for creativity. The two friends both shared a piece of their cake. Thomas was ecstatic after taking his first bite. He never tasted anything so sweet and packed full of flavors. Pinkie Pie was happy that Thomas liked the cake as they continued eating up most of if not the whole cake.

Next Thomas had science class. None of his friends were there and nobody resembling Lady either. He figured Twilight Sparkle would be here too. But to his surprise, he was on his own for this one. Following along the best he can, Thomas waited anxiously for class to end while trying to keep up in science. The subject matter was difficult for Thomas to learn due to how far beyond the technology and terminology was in this world compared to Sodor. He saw what other students were doing and mimicked how they were mixing chemicals, only to have the one he was working on fizzle up when Thomas added a substance that reacted improperly and exploded, covering mostly everyone in lime green foam. The teacher crossed her arms and everyone glared at him. Thomas was embarrassed.

The last class of the day came along finally. Applejack and Rarity were both in it to Thomas' relief. The subject matter was Language Arts, a class Thomas assured himself he would have a better chance in keeping up with. He didn't at first. But then he slowly caught on and found Language Arts to be pretty easy. Thomas noticed Applejack struggling with her assignment. He tried opening one of the text books and read to her a few approaches she can take on her assignment. This really helped Applejack. Both Rarity and Applejack were impressed by how quickly Thomas caught on with this class. The two girls smiled back and gave him a thumbs up. At one-point Rarity and Thomas both ended up helping each other when they were stuck on a subject that none of them knew more than the other and vice versa.


With still no luck finding Lady, the bell ranged and school was over for the day. Rarity, Applejack and Thomas headed out of their classroom. They were walked down the hallway to meet their friends in the main lobby.

"I positively can't thank you enough for your suggestions in class today, Thomas," Rarity said, gratefully.

"Same here!" Applejack agreed. "Not that it's a tough subject or anythin', but somehow it feels a lot simpler now."

"I didn't think I was any good at it either," Thomas said. "But the answers became clearer when I stopped over thinking it and just saw them for what it is."

"Well remind me to apply that approach the next time we have class," Rarity said happily.

The three met up with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash already waiting by the entrance. Eventually, Sunset Shimmer, Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle with Spike hiding in her backpack met up with everyone ready to form a pack.

"Hey, Thomas," Sunset approached. "I've been thinking about how you described Lady, and I think I might know who you're talking about."

"You do?!" Thomas said, excitedly.

"Before we met, I volunteered to give a tour around Canterlot High to some new students. And now that I'm starting to remember, there was this one girl who I think matches everything you described her as."

"So Then, Lady Really Is Here!?" Pinkie Pie said.

"She is, and she's definitely posing as a student. That much we now know, which means finding her shouldn't be too difficult."

"But Lady wasn't in any of our classes," Rainbow Dash said.

"At least, not today's classes," Fluttershy remarked.

"Does anyone remember seein' someone resemblin' her this morning?" Applejack asked.

Everyone shrugged. A few of the girls were paying attention to some of the students leaving the building for any sign of Lady while talking. It was difficult to tell which female student could be Lady based on very little description they have of her.

"Seriously?" Rainbow Dash said. "How do none of us share the same class with her?"

"Unless she doesn't actually go to class, perhaps?" Rarity said."We can't expect to just wind up running into her if she doesn't."

"Let's take a look around the school before everyone leaves," Twilight said. "Maybe Lady's still somewhere in the building."

Everyone agreed and formed a pack. Thomas, Twilight Sparkle, Spike and Sunset Shimmer would look around the bottom floor. Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Applejack covered the second floor. Fluttershy agreed to stand by the entrance in case Lady walks out through there. When all knew the plan, they spread out into their groups and went off to find Lady.


They searched everywhere in Canterlot High from the Library, the Gymnasium, the Cafeteria, a few club rooms, outside in the soccer field, the parking lot, and random spots around the hallways. Despite having a big group of people, there was still no sign of Lady anywhere. Twilight, Sunset and Thomas stopped by the principles office to see if that's were she's possibly hiding while also going through the lost and found to see if the jar of Gold Dust Twilight lost ended up there. They found that the Gold Dust was not in the lost and found. This began to worry Twilight even more as she still felt bad for taking her eye off of it in the first place. It wasn't like her to forget that a potentially dangerous magic source was left alone for at most a minute before realizing it was gone. She even began asking herself if the pony Twilight has ever made a similar mistake; not really wanting an answer to her own question. Now the Gold Dust was elsewhere, no doubt farther away from Canterlot High seeing how the magic substance is able to teleport anything.

Thomas, Sunset and Spike saw Twilight was upset and tried comforting her.

"Cheer up, Twilight" Spike said. "Sure the Sparkles may be gone, but at least we can count on it not ending up in the wrong hands, right?"

"We don't know that for sure," she said, anxiously. "For all we know that Diesel 10 guy might've found it or something far worse!"

Realizing what she said, Twilight Sparkle regretfully looked over at Thomas angrily crossing his arms and disheartened to hear her accuse Diesel 10. She rubbed the back of her head.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so angry. How did I forget to put away the Gold Dust or keep them somewhere safer?" Twilight sighed, sadly. "I can't imagine the pony Twilight has ever made a mistake this bad."

Spike was really concerned for his friend. Thomas and Sunset looked at each other, both appearing worrisome.

"What does she have to do with losing the Gold Dust?" Sunset asked.

Before Twilight could answer, Sunset notices someone looking through the translucent window of the reception room door. As soon as they realized she saw them, the shadows quickly ducked from the window. Catching onto the crazy assumption that they were being watched, Sunset Shimmer ran towards the door, barged it open and looked around for whoever was peaking inside the office. Thomas and Twilight Sparkle followed her out into the halls wondering what's she so alerted by.

"What is it, Sunset?" Spike asked.

Then the four all saw someone, two people in fact. Down the hall were two boys regrouping with each other and making a break towards the other hallway. Thomas quickly got a good look at the boys and noticed something awfully familiar about them.

"Wait a minute," he squinted, skeptically. "I know those two."


Thomas ran down the hall after them with Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle and Spike right beside him. Sunset sent out a text message to her friends alerting them to stop the two boys from getting away. Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Rarity had just finished looking around on the second floor and were heading back down the stairs to meet up with everyone else when they got Sunset's text. The four girls notice the two boys stopping right by the foot of the stairs relieved to have lost the people chasing them. They then look up to the four girls standing three steps above them. The four girls look back at their phones then at the two boys. Upon realizing that these were the boys Sunset told to stop, the girl's expressions went from addled to angry.

Panicking, the boys quickly guessed what their expressions meant and sprinted off in a hurry. Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash run after them. Rainbow Dash was not far behind as she used her Geode Crystal; tapping into her magical ability to run at super speed. The boys eluded her, hiding behind a trash can while watching Rainbow Dash stop and survey the hallway before taking off again. They run down a different direction only to be apprehended by Thomas, Twilight and Sunset. They ran back the way they came trying to find the exit. The two groups reunited and were hot on their tail, but the two boys managed to evade them still, eventually making their way to the main lobby were Fluttershy happily sat playing with a bunny.

They hurried towards the door where Fluttershy was at first unaware of the two boys approaching her. Then, Fluttershy nervously noticed the two boys approaching her, not knowing how or what she can do to stop them. She got up and in the heat of the moment stood in front of one of the doors trying to block them from leaving by raising her arms up to make less room for them to pass.

"Um, Stop... please," Fluttershy said, timidly.

Without much thought or acknowledgment, the two boys kept charging towards the doors running past her and leaving the building.

"Excuse me," said one of them.

"Coming through," said the other bumping into Fluttershy while running through a door she was blocking.

Fluttershy dropped to the floor feeling upset for not being able to stop them. The others make it to the lobby and quickly ran out the doors. Twilight Sparkle stops and helps Flluttershy up to her feet. Both rejoined the group who were all standing in the middle of the courtyard looking around for the two boys, now nowhere to be seen.

"Ugh, great!" Rainbow Dash groaned. "Where did they go?"

"And how do you know them, Thomas?" Twilight asked Thomas.

He was too busy thinking if those two boys were indeed the same engines he once knew.

Just then, Spike heard a noise as Twilight took him out of her backpack. The noises were coming from a bush to the far right of the school building. He went over and sniffed the strange moving bush thinking it was a squirrel at first, until the scent he sniffed told him otherwise. Everyone noticed Spike growling at the bush when they all made their way over to him. Spike stepped aside when Thomas and Twilight approached the bushes. Both of them cleared the branches, revealing the two boys they were chasing now huddled together trying effortlessly to not make a single sound.

Thomas was shocked to see it really was people that he recognized. The two boys were identical twins sporting the same matching haircuts and clothing. One wore purple and grey and the other olive green and grey also. They had olive and purple frosted tip haircuts, a lighter shade of purple and olive skin color, purple and olive weathered leather jackets, grey tees, weathered jeans, and purple and olive shoes with jet black lacing. Each of their shirts had names stitched on the front chest with white fabric. One read Splatter, and the other spelled Dodge.


To Be Continued.

PreviousChapters Next