• Published 19th Oct 2017
  • 9,604 Views, 190 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls: Welcome to Canterlot High - LPFanFic



Thomas The Tank Engine enters the world of Canterlot High to locate the missing magic that's disappeared from the Island of Sodor. He meets the Main 7 along the way, and tries solving a problem that challenge his concept of redemption & forgiveness.

  • ...
19
 190
 9,604

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32: The Chaotic & The Devious

Thomas & Equestria Girls:
Welcome To Canterlot High

Chapter 32: The Chaotic & The Devious

[4 years ago: The Island of Sodor.]

Waking up one morning, Diesel 10 rolled out of his shed and onto an elevating turntable that lowered him onto ground level. He exits the Vicarstown Dieselwork's main building and drove outside where everyone was hustling and bustling. They all had important jobs to do, except for him. After his last mischievous scheme, Sir Topham Hatt ordered Diesel 10 to stay in his shed and think about what he did. He wasn't allowed to leave the Dieselworks unless told otherwise. Diesel 10 grew bored and wanted someone to chat with. Upon rolling across the desert like junction on the smooth flat rails, he looks over to his right and noticed Paxton parked by a fueling station and looking glum. Paxton sees Diesel 10 as he rolled up and parked right beside him.

"Hello, Diesel 10," He said, happily. "What are you doing out of your shed? Aren't you suppose to be in for another week?"

"I'm sure Sir won't mind so long as I stay close to the works. Say, what's gotten you down, Paxton?"

"Oh. Nah, it's nothing."

"Well, obviously it's something. So, what is it?"

"I was just looking forward to pulling a goods train over to the Mainlands, is all. But, I had to get new parts replaced. The Train's due tonight, so Sir Topham Hatt had to find another engine to take the special train instead."

"Well, I'm sure if you hurry over now you can catch it before it leaves."

"I'd like to, but, Sir Topham Hatt asked Duck to pull the train. He'd already be at Knapford Junction by now."

"What? A steamie? Unacceptable. You were meant to pull that train, Paxton. You're all better now so why not tell him you're ready?"

"It's okay, Diesel 10. I'm sure Duck will get the job done on time. And that's alright with me ," He sighed, disappointingly.

But Diesel 10 wasn't okay with it. Once again, Sir Topham Hatt chose a steam engine for a special job in favor over any of the diesels. With this in mind, he crept away and left the Dieselworks.


At the Knapford shunting yard, Diesel 10 crept behind a few trucks and inspected the special train. Duck was coupled up to the train and waited for clearance to leave. Diesel 10 then came up with a naughty idea, and reversed down the tracks with a sinister grin. He returned with a long load of empty trucks. Duck blew his whistle and took off, building up a quick haste. As he did, Diesel 10 charged the line of trucks towards a set of points that Duck was about to cross. The trucks crashed straight into Duck, causing him and the first four rows to derail. He flies off the tracks, lands on his side then slid across the gravel sending him crashing into a carriage shed. Workmen gathered and inspected the damage. Luckily no one was hurt. Duck was dazed and confused. His front buffers were bent and his boiler was scrapped. Two of the trucks coupled onto him also came off the rails. Goods spilled everywhere. Everyone began asking who and what caused this mess, unaware that a chuckling Diesel 10 had already left the scene.

The next day, Diesel 10 rolled out of the Dieselworks' main building when he saw Paxton driving directly towards and parking a few feet from him.

"Diesel 10!" Paxton called. "You're not gonna believe what just happened. Duck had an accident yesterday so Sir Topham Hatt had me pull the train in his place."

"How about that!" He said, proudly. "Looks like you got to pull that special train after all."

"I know! It took a while to clear the mess, but I was able to take off and deliver the goods right on time. Sir Topham Hatt was very proud of me," He said, cheerfully.

"Just goes to show how much more efficient us diesels are then steamies. Eh, Paxton?"

"Uh, yeah. I suppose. Though I am worried about Duck. I sure hope he's alright. Anyways, better be off. Talk to you later, Diesel 10."

Paxton reversed down the line exiting the Dieselworks. Diesel 10 chuckled deviously.

Even after sabotaging Duck's train, his antics didn't stop there. He went around asking other diesels if they had similar issues involving steam engines taking their place or not being given the respect they deserve. To his surprise, a good majority of them did. Though they didn't seem that bothered, Diesel 10 was all the more cross with Sir Topham Hatt and his steam engines. He gives them all the good jobs while diesels remain in the backdrop with dirtier mundane work that steam engines wouldn't do unless they were being punished. Diesel 10 was convinced something had to be done to change this. For too long the diesels have been shoved to the sidelines. It was time for them to finally earn their place on this railway.

Knowing very well he wasn't suppose to leave his shed, it didn't stop him from causing even more trouble for the steam engines. Whenever engines had trucks all organized, he'd show up and unorganized them again. He would crash more empty trucks into oncoming engines that caused them to derail. Next, Diesel 10 went up to every coal chute and water tower on the railway and used his claw to pull the levers and drain out all of the coal and water. Soon the whole Island was without water or coal. It got to the point were Sir Topham Hatt had to send some of his diesels over to the Mainland and retrieve more. The Island was in total chaos. With almost half his steam engines low on fuel, Sir Topham Hatt had diesels running the Island for a while until they restocked on water and coal. Nobody knew what was going on or who was causing all this trouble. Word of mouth spread but didn't trace back to the culprit. Diesel 10 was having too much fun. He knew it was wrong, but if it meant having better jobs for diesels, it turned his mischievous work into a thrilling game.

But then, another epidemic came up. The diesels were now all dangerously short on fuel as well. They had burned through a lot since they became more active. Despite this, there hasn't been any new shipment of diesel fuel for weeks. This started worrying the other diesels. Out of their own safety, they all had to stay at the Dieselworks or find shelter elsewhere until a new shipment arrived. No word from Sir Topham Hatt or anyone came to inform them that the fuel was on its way. They were only left to assume it would arrive eventually. Until then, all diesels remained out of commission. 'Was this Sir Topham Hatt's intent?' Diesel 10 thought to himself as he rolled down the mainline. Is he purposefully withholding fuel so diesels can stop working on his railway? Due to all the trouble he caused, diesels have had more work to do than ever, and if Diesel 10's assumptions were correct, that was not going to stand with Sir Topham Hatt.

Diesel 10 was the only one running on a full tank. This realization gave him another naughty idea. Since no one hasn't gone off to fetch the diesel fuel, perhaps he could go and collect them. His tank was full enough to make one trip to the Mainland and back again. And so, he set out. He wasn't suppose to leave the Island, but circumstances forced him otherwise.


The next day, Diesel 10 returned to the Dieselworks, hauling a very long load of fuel tankers. The diesels drove out of their sheds and saw the long train. The oil tankers were coupled up to his front as he revered backwards into the yards and parked right in the center. Den and Dart, the two diesel engines in charge of the works, were the first to speak when they rolled up next to Diesel 10.

"Is that what I think it is?" Den asked.

"What he means is," Dart said, "that's our diesel fuel!"

"You went and got our diesel fuel, Diesel 10?"

"I most certainty did," He said, proudly.

"This is great!" Dart said. "Now we can all go back to work again."

Paxton rolled up from a turntable and parked beside Den and Dart.

"Three cheers for Diesel 10!"

The entire junction echoed with loud horns and cheers from every diesel now chanting his name.

"Diesel 10! Diesel 10! Diesel 10!"

For the first time in forever, Diesel 10 smiled and beamed. He had never felt more genuinely proud to be really useful. All of his sabotaging and hard work to make every diesel feel really useful was paying off. Everyone was happy for what he did. But then, a bright blue car pulled up and parked not very far from Diesel 10. Among the chanting came a loud call that also shouted his name, but in a much firmer tone.

"Diesel 10!"

Everyone stopped chanting and checked to see where the voice came from. It was Sir Topham Hatt, who stormed over to Diesel 10 then stood firmly while glaring at him.

"Explain yourself this instant."

The other diesels eyed him curiously. Diesel 10's wheels quivered. He didn't want to get in trouble again. So, he put on an act and pretended to be contrite.

"Oh. Hello, Sir. I was just, delivering these oil tankers."

"I can see that, Diesel 10. Even though I don't recall asking you to do so."

"You, didn't ask Diesel 10 to fetch these tankers?" Den asked.

"Of course, not. He's still being punished. I asked Murdoch to take them. He's on his way back now with the load I told him to fetch yesterday."

"Wait, if Murdoch was sent to fetch them. Then what's this lot for?"

Sir Topham Hatt explained the situation. He arrived at the Dieselworks after receiving a call from the Other Railway to inform him that their fuel was on the way. The call he also informed him of another engine of his seen leaving with a long load of oil tankers that weren't authorized to be taken back to Sodor. The diesel fuel meant for them was still being hauled back to the Island by Murdoch; while the load Diesel 10 has belonged to the Other Railway.

"You mean, you stole this lot?" Paxton asked.

Diesel 10 chucked sheepishly. He was well aware of what he did. But he continued playing innocent despite the diesel's disapproval.

"How could you?" Den said.

"Why would you take something you weren't allowed to take," Dart said

Every diesel in the yard glared at Diesel 10, who could only grin meekly. Diesel 10 didn't know what to do now. The diesels were about to turn on him. He wanted to stand up to Sir Topham Hatt, but if he did, he'd be sent back to his shed. Regardless, the odds were not looking favorable for him. So, he decided to take a stance and stuck with it.

"I, I'm sorry, Sir," He mustered. "But… I wouldn't have stolen these tankers if only you treated diesels properly. We were at risk of running out and I wasn't about to stand by while each of us is left forgotten."

Sir Topham Hatt pinches the bridge of his nose. "Perhaps if you had just been patient and waited in your shed like the rest, the fuel would've arrived on time and we wouldn't have all this confusion and delay. The only reason you all ran low in the first place is because I've had diesels doing all the jobs meant for other engines. Engines that have been flying off the rails and running low on fuel themselves."

Diesel 10 shied away.

"That's right. Don't think you can explain yourself out of this one, Diesel 10. I'm well aware of the trouble you've been causing. I've had reports of a diesel engine with a mounted claw pushing trucks into engines and going around wasting coal and water."

Paxton gasped. "So, it was you who caused Duck's accident? Shame on you, Diesel 10!"

The other diesels then started booing Diesel 10. A moment ago, everyone was cheering his name. Now they were disparaging him for stealing and sabotaging the steamies. This made Diesel 10 upset. They now knew why there was so much work to do, and why every steam engine was getting derailed or running low on coal and water. While they appreciated all the work they've had, it was given to them for the wrong and unfortunate reasons. The diesels felt part of a ploy they didn't agree to be involved in. Having them now turned against him made Diesel 10 even more cross with Sir Topham Hatt. If he hadn't showed up, everyone would still be cheering for him.

"You gave me no choice," He said, defensively. "I caused all that trouble and stole these tankers because you treat diesels unfairly. You think little of us and prevent diesels from being really useful."

"What are you going on about?" Sir Topham Hatt asked confusingly. "I don't think little of diesels. Everyone is important to my Railway."

"Then why have I been busting my buffers making sure they even have a chance to work on your railway at all?"

Sir Topham Hatt sighed a frustrated breath. "Because once again, Diesel 10, you've let your impatience get the better of you. You're trying to fix an issue that never needed fixing. And there are other ways of going about it, but yours is not the proper way."

He then directed his attention to every diesel present.

"There seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding here. But rest assure, I will do what I can to clean up the mess Diesel 10's made and get things back on schedule. As for now, you'll all have to wait here until Murdoch arrives with your actual shipment."

Some diesels shot Diesel 10 nasty looks. Filled with neglect, Diesel 10 stared at the ground in disgrace. Instead of being proud of him, they were all disappointed and ashamed. While they understood where he was coming from, they didn't understand why he still had these ideals. Steamies and Diesels had their indifference's in the past, but now, saved for a few who still hold an adversarial view, they've been working together and getting along a lot better than before. To hear Diesel 10 claim they were all being oppressed surely boggled them. They didn't feel that way necessarily, but if they did wish to be treated equally, Diesel 10's approach wouldn't be how they'd like to achieve it.

Sir Topham Hatt crossed his arms and stared angrily at Diesel 10. He does the same, though shooting him a much meaner look.

"Den and Dart," Sir Topham Hatt ordered. "After you're refueled, I want you to take this load back to the Mainland where it belongs. Go and get yourselves coupled up now."

The two diesels drove down the track to get coupled up with the train.

"As for you, Diesel 10. I think another month in your shed will do you just."

He gasped and shied away shamefully, looking back at Paxton who only glared at him as he reversed into the sheds. The lingering feeling all this was for nothing weighed him down. Every time he tried helping diesels, it ended with him having to cause trouble for steam engines and going against Sir Topham Hatt's orders. He always gets the blame for what he does; all because they were nothing but a last priority. He may have been inpatient, he may enjoy making trouble, but he truly believed his heart was in the right place.

Den and Dart coupled up to the train. As the workman went to uncouple Diesel 10, a sudden impulse jerked him back. Confused, the workman tried reaching over to his coupling again. But then, Diesel 10 started pushing the long load of fuel tankers. Surprised at first, Den and Dart applied their breaks and put their train to a halt. Diesel 10 pushed and pushed with all his strength. Sir Topham Hatt waved his arms frantically, trying to get his attention through his screeching wheels.

"Diesel 10! Stop! What are you doing?!"

The trouble he went through getting these tankers, the interference, and the rules he had to break in order to make Sodor a place for all diesels to belong, he wasn't about to let all that effort get stripped away from him. Once again, he was being penalized for helping his fellow diesels. Now none of them wanted his help anymore. This was the last straw for him.

"I will not let all my hard work go undone!"

A red-faced Diesel 10 continued forcing the tankers onward. Den and Dart put in all their might, but Diesel 10 was much more powerful. So powerful in fact that the tanker he's pushing began to break and squirt oil through the cracks. Sir Topham Hatt stepped away cautiously. Suddenly, the tanker tipped over and collapsed on the ground to Diesel 10's left. Den and Dart release their breaks and gasped after hearing the tanker topple over. Oil spilled everywhere, creating a large puddle and soaking up the surface. A workman still proceeded to take Diesel 10's coupling off much to his aggression.

"Get away from me!"

His claw hung above the workman and snapped ferociously, scaring him into backing away. As his claw clashed together, hissing smoke and sparks, one of the sparks lands on the fuel. Within seconds, the entire puddle of oil caught fire. The flames made its way onto and dangerously began spreading over the tanker, setting the whole wagon a blaze. Diesel 10 was scared. Another workman quickly ran to Diesel 10's right and undid his coupling from the tanker. Then undid the coupling from the rest of the train. Den and Dart carried the tankers away from the fire. Both Diesel 10 and the workmen reversed and scattered from the derailed tanker now complexly engulfed in flames, spewing large bodies of fire and thick dark clouds of smoke that billowed up to the sky. The emergency alarm echoed and the air polluted with oil scented smog. All anyone could do was just watch the oil burn away.

Search and rescue vehicles came to put out the fire and cleaned all the mess. Diesel 10 hid away in his shed. He didn't mean to set fire to the oil. After everything was cleared, Sir Topham Hatt met Diesel 10 in the main building, stepping onto the elevating turntable with his fist on his hips. He rolled out of his shed to meet Sir Topham Hatt as the turntable raises him up to the platform.

"Well I hope you're still proud of yourself, Diesel 10. You've certainty caused quite a ruckus this past week."

"S-Sir, I didn't mean," Diesel 10 said agitated.

"I don't want to hear it. Diesel 10, you have done nothing but cause confusion and delay. Now you've really done it this time."

Diesel 10 didn't say anything.

"I've been too forgiving up until this point. Everyone said I was wrong to bring you back to my Railway after nearly destroyed our Island. Perhaps, they were right. I have a railway to run, and I can't have misbehaving engines like you making things more difficult than they already are."

"What? What are you saying?"

"I'm sorry, Diesel 10. But after everything you've done, I can no longer allow you to work on my railway. I'm sending you away; For good."

Diesel 10's jaw dropped. He couldn't believe what was just heard. He stuttered on his next words but Sir Topham Hatt paid no notice.

"Maybe it's best you learn what it means to be really useful, elsewhere. You are to remain in your shed until I find a railway that'll take you in."

He walked away sternly, leaving Diesel 10 broken and depressed.


After a whole week, Sir Topham Hatt returned to the Vicarstown Dieselworks and met with Diesel 10, who gingerly rolled out of his shed. Sir Topham Hatt looked glum and wouldn't make eye contact with Diesel 10.

"Um. Listen, Diesel 10," Sir Topham Hatt said, hesitantly.

There was a long pause. Sir gazed at the ground, taking off his hat and held the brim tightly with both hands. This worried and confused Diesel 10. None of them said anything until Sir spoke up again after sighing a breath of stress.

"The other railway lines are, err, aware, of the trouble you've caused. So, I-I couldn't find one that would take you in."

"Oh?" Diesel 10 said.

He felt rather offended. No railway wanted a trouble making diesel engine working for them. Questions began circling his thoughts. What was Sir Topham Hatt so upset about?

"So, what does this mean for me?"

Another long pause followed. Sir Topham Hatt found trouble explaining to Diesel 10 what he had to do with him. He'd never had to deliver such a message before to an engine that wasn't going out of commission. Despite how awful he felt, Sir Topham Hatt tried swallowing his virtue and forced in his professional tone and stern assertiveness.

"I-I'm afraid, the only place I can send you to is, The Smelters Yard."

"To, work?" He raised a brow.

Sir Topham Hatt shook his head and said nothing more. Diesel 10 had to decipher what he was leaning towards. Can't work on Sodor, can't go anywhere else, except the Ironworks. If he's no longer going to work on Sodor, why was he being sent to the smelters? Then it clicked.

"Sir!"

He hung his head.

"You-you can't do that! How could you do this to me?!"

"Well, I can't keep you here, and no other railway will buy you."

Diesel 10 was agitated and frightened beyond words. He was going to the Sodor Ironworks to be scrapped.

"But, but, but, I'm really, really sorry!" He begged, anxiously. "I promise I won't cause trouble anymore. Please! Don't send me away to be scrapped."

"I'm sorry too, Diesel 10. But, I just can't trust you anymore. Understand that I'm just as upset to have to do this."

"No, you're not!" Diesel 10 snapped back, now fuming with rage.

The remark struck Sir Topham Hatt hard. He really didn't like this predicament at all. Regardless, he had to continue delivering the message.

"You are to be there tomorrow morning. It's already decided." He turned and walked away disgracefully. "Goodbye, Diesel 10."

Diesel 10 was trying to process it all. Scrap? He was going to be scrapped? How could he even conceive such a notion? There had to have been a better way. Did he check every railway he could reach? Why of all places was the smelters yard the last resort? Gloom and doom hung heavily over Diesel 10.


It was next morning when he rolled out of his shed. Den and Dart were parked on separate tracks next to him on the platform. They saw how miserable Diesel 10 looked. He may have done bad things, but he was still a fellow diesel, one they were going to miss when he leaves.

"Um, well, good luck wherever you're going, Diesel 10," Den said.

"What he means is," Dart said. "We'll surely miss having you around. Even if you were a bit troublesome."

'How did I end up here?' Diesel 10 thought. All he wanted was to help diesels, and this was the thanks he gets? He may have committed devious and troublesome acts, but diesels were all being neglected. He felt the need to do something to make them prosper. His impatience, his prejudice, and itch for mischievous schemes led him down a dark path; topped with Sir Topham Hatt not giving them the credit they deserve for working really hard on his railway. To him he may have been right, or he may have been wrong. But to the others, there wasn't any stigma. His actions were surly in the wrong, and now he was going to be punished for good.

"Uh, Diesel 10?" Dart asked.

Diesel 10 just remained where he was, unresponsive, and stared with downcast eyes at the elevating turntable and the exit leading outside to the yards.

"Aw, it'll be alright," Den tried to reassure. "I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends with other hard-working diesels."

He closed his eyes. Frustrated, betrayed, and angry beyond all else. Something broke inside Diesel 10, but nothing in terms of parts. His eyes shot open again, burning with rage. Something snapped.

Pinchy reached over to the railing attached to Den's face. Snatching onto it, Pinchy then pulls Den close to Diesel 10. His front wheels dangled off the tracks. The two diesels began to panic and begged Diesel 10 to let Den go. But he wouldn't. He kept Den clutched onto Pinchy while staring angrily at him with gritted teeth.

"Listen here, you worn out hunks of metal! I am in charge of the Dieselworks now. And you'll do as I say, when I say. Do that, and I won't have Pinchy tear away every surface of metal off you."

"P-Pinchy?" Den stuttered, nervously.

"What's a Pinchy?" Dart asked.

Pinchy let's go and violently tossed Den back on the tracks.

"No word of my whereabouts to Fat Hatt either! He can never know I didn't leave the works. Got it?!"

Den and Dart begrudgingly agree but become more obedient after Pinchy snapped at them. Diesel 10 notices some of the other diesels down by the exit, looking at him very worrisome. Diesel 10 drove onto the elevating turntable and lowered himself down to their level. The diesels scurry away fearfully as Diesel 10 shouts at them with fury.

"And the same goes for the rest of you, ungrateful rattle traps! Not one diesel will question my authority! Not one whisper of my presence, OR YOU'LL BE TAKING MY PLACE AT THE SCRAP YARD!"

Den and Dart looked at each other. They weren't told he was going to the scrap yard specifically. Knowing this, they were true to their word and never said anything to Sir Topham Hatt. Even when he didn't arrive at the Sodor Ironworks, the other diesels kept his whereabouts a secret.


[10 days ago from present time: The Island or Sodor.]

One afternoon, Paxton was happily hauling a train of diesel fuel back to the Vicarstown Dieselworks. He arrived and greeted all the diesels working tiresomely as he entered the yard and drops off the load of oil tankers by the fueling station. He then looks at the main building and inspects it hesitantly. Inside, Den and Dart were parked on the platform above where the elevating turntable would drop off engines when they saw Paxton entering the building.

"Hello, Den and Dart," He said.

"Hello, Paxton," Den said. "What can we do for you?"

"What he means is,"

"I know what I meant."

"I was wondering if I could speak to the uh, boss, real quick?" Paxton asked.

Den and Dart eyed him suspiciously.

"Oh? What for?" Dart asked.

"Well, um, see. The diesels have been working an awful lot lately. We're burning through all our oil and Sir Topham Hatt says it'll be a while before he can order a new shipment. Maybe, we should all just take it easy and have a little break. Or even give us less work to do at least."

"Sorry, Paxton," Dart said. "But you know the drill."

"Whatever the boss says, goes," Den finishes.

"But, at this rate we'll use up all the diesel fuel we have left plus the lot I just brought within a short amount of days."

Den and Dart knew they were working to the brim now that Diesel 10 has taken charge of the Dieselworks, but it was out of their control.

"We understand, Paxton," Dart said. "But the answer is still no."

"You know he'd never agree to slow down production," Den said. "That's just, how things are now."

Paxton sighed and drove out of the main building. Den and Dart then reversed back and biffed against a set of buffers close to Diesel 10's shed.

"He's gone, Sir," Dart said.

Two large doors slide open, and out drove an inscrutable Diesel 10. He was covered top to bottom with dust, cob webs and soot. Even Pinchy had a mouth full of cobs sticking to each individual tooth. Diesel 10 had hidden himself away in his shed for four years, commanding diesels from the shadows and having little work to do himself. He felt useless being stowed away in his shed. Telling other diesels what to do kept him busy for the most part, even if he couldn't do anything himself or leave the building to avoid being seen by any other engine. He crept out onto the platform with squeaky wheels and a few engine malfunctions. Den and Dart pulled up next to him.

"I'm not sure how much longer I can take this," Diesel 10 said.

The two diesel engines didn't know what to say. He developed a habit of snapping at them for saying things he didn't like hearing so they weren't sure how to respond.

"Well, um," Den started. "It has been a very long time."

"What he means is, you can't keep hiding yourself here, Diesel 10."

"What would you have me do; send myself to the scrap yards?"

"Not, exactly," Dart said. "But, you can't stay at the Dieselworks anymore either."

Den and Dart flinched in preparation for Diesel 10's rant. But, he said nothing. Instead, he continued looking at the ground beneath him through a wooden complexion. Then Den came up with an idea.

"Hey, what if you didn't go to the scrap yards?"

"Oh yeah," Dart agreed. "You could just leave the Island. No one would have to know."

"We'll even escort you so nobody will notice."

"But, I have nowhere to go. No railway will accept me."

"Well, um, what do you want to do then?" Den asked.

Diesel 10 sighed glumly. "I just wanna be alone. Go."

Den and Dart complied and took off. Diesel 10 was by himself to think about what he should do. They were right, he can't keep hiding in his shed forever. Even if he did, eventually someone will notice and he'll be sent off straight to the scrap yards. What could he do outside of Sodor if he left though? There was nothing for him out there, nothing he could do. Nobody and nothing here meant anything to him. He was severely limited in options.


Meanwhile, a 1863 USMRR 4-4-0 Locomotive of a J.H. Devereux class type was chuffing down the tracks and eventually found themselves heading to the Vicarstown Dieselworks. He inspected the building as it came into full view of his perspective from around the bend.

"Hmm. This is new."

He built up steam and chuffed further towards the works. Entering the yard, the diesels stopped in their tracks and eyed him perplexedly. They didn't recognize this engine at did he come from and why was he here? The odd engine inspected the junction and everyone in it with and unamused half smirk and critical eyes. They didn't know this, but this engine has frequently visited the Island more than once. So far, he wasn't impressed with the new area, nor did he take to liking all the diesels he didn't know.

"I think I liked this place better when you were all models."

He drove towards to and entered the main building. Once inside, he parked a foot from the turntable and looked up so see Diesel 10 appearing just as perplexed upon noticing him. Much like Diesel 10, this locomotive has never seen an engine like him. He's been to Sodor for quite some time but doesn't recall ever running into him. This intrigued the engine greatly.

"Who are you?" Diesel 10 asked.

"I could ask you the same thing."

The engine chuffed further onto the elevating turntable.

"Hey! This is no place for stinky steamies," Diesel 10 said, sternly. "Especially the likes of your, um, I don't know what kind you are."

The turntable raises him up to the platform. Diesel 10 backs away as the sneering engine was now leveled with him. The engine chuffed very slowly towards Diesel 10 and inspected him from his livery to basis, and finally to the giant claw mounted on his roof.

"I'm serious!" Diesel 10 warned. "You better scram if you know what's good for you."

"Or what? You'll sick you're claw on me? Now I truly am frightened!"

Pinchy unmounted from his roof and snapped the air between them.

"You better believe it. Pinchy will be more than eager to chow down on a steamie."

But all the engine did was smirk still. The sounds of metal clanging that hasn't been oiled and polished in a long time echo inside the building. The claw was still very weak, and did little to intimidate the engine.

"I see creative names also apply to modified attachments."

Diesel 10 raised his brow in a perplexed manner.

"So, you must be the infamous Diesel 10."

"H-how do you know my name?"

He came to a stop. "An engine or two might've mentioned your name. Something about being glad you were gone. Looks like you didn't really leave at all. Oh, where are my manners."

The engine reversed back onto the turntable. Within a bright white flash, the engine transformed instantaneously from his locomotive form, into a creature of even greater uniqueness. The shape of his appearance was snake-like, serpentine body. He had a horse-like head, a deer antler on the right and a blue goat horn on the left, one long fanged tooth, different-sized pupils, a goat beard, and white bushy eyebrows. The creature had the right arm of a lion, the left claw of an eagle, the right leg of a lizard, and the left leg of a goat. He has a bat's right wing, a Pegasus' left wing, a horse's mane, and a dragon-like tail with a white tuft.

The creature floated in the air. "Behold! The glory of chaos and disharmony. The embodiment of pure pandemonium, master of mayhem, herald of havoc, baron of bedlam."

He waves his arms up in the air and posed in a celebratory stretch.

"Discord!"

Diesel 10's jaw hung while Discord stayed in his pose. He was stunned and stuttered. What was this thing? How did it go from being an engine to becoming this dragon like creature? Nothing the likes of which he's seen was describable.

Peaking through one eye, Discord broke his pose and examined the area with mild confusion. He expected confetti to drop out of nowhere until the entire vicinity was filled. But there were none to be seen. He shrugs it off then teleports over to Diesel 10, who slipped a small scream and jolted back in shock.

"Anywho, today's your lucky day! After a long debate, I decided that this will be the day I finally take over your world and make it my very own chaotic paradise."

Discord teleported back to the turntable and examines the interior.

"Now, what do you propose would be more suitable for this dump? A ski lodge? Water park? How bout an active volcano that spews spicy hot sauce? With just the right amount of torrid to leave your tongue burning for hours!"

Diesel 10 couldn't respond. He was too shocked and overly confused to comprehend what was going on. Who was Discord? What does he mean by turning Sodor into his own paradise? Where did this creature of such strange, otherworldly magic come from?

"Then again, I suppose I could just go through all three until one meets my liking."

"Excuse me," Diesel 10 finally asked. "But, um, are you a genie?"

"What? No, I'm not a genie," Discord said in annoyance. "Weren't you paying any attention to my introduction earlier?"

"Well, I don't know what a discord is, so the only thing I have to go by is a genie. How else do you have all these crazy powers?" Then Diesel 10 grew excited. "So where's your lamp? Do I get three wishes? Can I wish for anything?!"

"What? No, I,"

"Okay! For my first wish; I want this entire Island to be completely destroyed!"

Discord rolled his eyes. "Okay. Somebody's going through some things."

He then starts cracking his knuckles and stretched his back.

"Stand back, Diesel 10. When I'm done, your Island will become unrecognizable by the time I've completely renovated."

With the snap of his fingers, Discord levitated confidently while Diesel 10 looked all around the Dieselworks, half expecting something to occur, but nothing did. The area was quiet. There were no water parks, ski lodges, or volcanoes to be seen. Discord opens his eyes and looks over the interior also. He snaps his fingers again, then again, and again. But everything remained the same. This confused Discord. His magic always worked no matter where he was. Why was it suddenly not working here?

"Some genie you are," Diesel 10 teased.

Discord leaned in on his face. "I am not a genie you buffoon!"

"I'll say," He laughed. "I bet you can't even turn this place into gold, or cotton candy, or anything really!"

Diesel 10 laughed some more. Fuming, Discord kept snapping his fingers, trying to use his magic on Diesel 10, but nothing happened still. Every snap made Diesel 10's smirk more prominent which angered Discord even more. No matter how many times his fingers snapped, he couldn't use his magic on this engine or his surroundings. Then, Discord flashes out of the building then back again to make sure his teleporting worked. But every other magic he tired inflicting that wasn't on himself had little to no effect on anything.

"Odd. It was perfectly fine moments ago." Discord disappears again then reappears. "It's even just as good back home. Hmm. Ain't this a pickle? My magic's always worked in this world. But now it's suddenly isn't."

"What do you mean it always used work here?" Diesel 10 asked.

Discord shifted back at him then sighed. "I suppose I might as well let you in on my little plan."

He explained to Diesel 10 his plan to turn Sodor into his own Kingdom. A place he can go to from time to time and use his magic whenever he feels. Back where he's from mainly, Discord isn't allowed to use his magic. But in order for there to be balance in our known existence, he must spread chaos to even out harmony with a little disharmony. Since he cannot do so back home, he must find a place where he can, and Sodor was his target.

He also told him all the times he came and visited Sodor, listing out specific events and influences that have plagued the Island over the years. Such as creating the Troublesome Trucks, manipulating the weather, altering, misplacing, manipulating, and changing events ever so subtlety to make it out like it happened by natural causes. Freezing points on the track so an engine would plow through a brake van while pulling the Flying Kipper, setting up tar tankers and lime carts for engines to run into, and melting snow which caused a current to knock over a bridge and leave an engine hanging over the thundering water. Rockslides, snow drifts, floods, derailments, crashes. It all happened through natural cause, but some where done so because of Discord.

He laughed all the while, going on about how Troublesome Trucks have caused more disorder in his absence than he could.

"It's amazing what can happen when you give a hollow bucket on wheels the senses to see, hear and speak."

"So, it was you who caused confusion and delay?" Diesel 10 said.

"You better believe it. Though I do have to give most of you the credit. It's almost like you don't need me to stir up some delicious chaos."

"How come your magic isn't working now then?"

"If I knew that this dump wouldn't be standing. You'd be covered in burning hot chili sauce by now."

Then something came to Diesel 10's thoughts. "Say um, you said you were from another world. Did you by any chance travel here through a magic railroad?"

Discord raised his eyebrow.

"See, there's this lousy know it all boy scout named Twinkle Toes. He used magic to visit this Island by traveling through a mystical railway. All he'd have to do was blow his whistle, and in a cloud of gold he'd show up right in front of you. Is that how you got here?"

"Did you see a cloud of gold sparkles when I teleported?" Discord asked, teleporting beside him.

"Um, No."

"Then there's your answer. This is the first I've heard of any magical railway, so of course I didn't travel by said means."

He smiled, floating beside Diesel 10's left. "But please, do tell me more about this, Magic Railroad. And don't fret over small details, those I can pick up myself."

Diesel 10 explained to Discord all about the Magic Railroad, Mr. Conductor, the gold sparkles he uses to get here, and the lost engine who generates them. Now that he was reminded, Diesel 10 also told him about the time he tried wiping Sodor out by finding the lost engine, the magic buffers, and the railway that leads to them, and destroy it all completely. Discord was both interested and censorious. While he commemorated Diesel 10's devious tactic, he didn't appreciate the idea of everything on Sodor being completely destroyed, especially if he plans on taking over their world.

"Let me get this straight," Discord began. "My magic used to work on this Island, but ever since this 'Blue Puffball' found the lost engine and brought her back to the Magic Railroad, it can no longer work because of said lost engine?"

"I guess? Her sparkles must be what's blocking your abilities."

"Interesting. And do you know where this Magic Railroad is by any chance?"

Diesel 10 sighed in frustration.

"No." Then something came to mind, Something that made him bitter. "But, I know two bumbling diesels that did."

"Well, good. Where are they?" Discord asked looking around.

"Sent away to another railway."

"Where!" he pressed.

Fearful at first, Diesel 10 then told him to the best of his memory which Railway these two particular diesels were sent to. Afterwards, Discord disappears and leaves Diesel 10 alone in the main building. After a while, he shows up to the Dieselworks again, along with Splatter & Dodge, appearing right beside Diesel 10 on the platform. A moment ago, they where corroded, oxidized, and covered from buffer to bunker in rust. Now they were spic and span, like they were factory new. In order to use his magic, Discord took them to his own dimension and fixed them up within a second. Then brought the two diesels back to the Vicarstown Dieselworks where Splatter & Dodge frantically examined their surroundings.

"W-what's happened? Where are we now?" Splatter asked.
"Make it stop! Make it stop!" Dodge shouted.

"Splodge?" Diesel 10 said.

"Bu-Boss?" Splatter said, looking over him.

Dodge was still in a panic. Discord revealed to have found them at a smelters yard and heading straight into a chamber where they would've been broken down into scrap. The two diesel engines quivered in fear, still feeling the scorching heat pressed against their faces.

"I believe a thank you is in order," He said, leaning down next to Dodge.

"What were you two doing at a smelters yard?" Diesel 10 asked them.

"Who cares," Discord said. "Just tell me where the Magic Railroad is. I must pay a visit to a little gold engine and have a word with her about these magic sparkles."

The two diesels couldn't answer. They were shaken up from nearly being scrapped minutes ago, then being teleported to and floated around a void less empty space of strange and bizarre sightings, to now being back on Sodor and fully repaired within seconds. There was too much for them to process. Discord sighed in frustration. Diesel 10 could see he was at his mercy. Without the Magic Railroad's location, Discord couldn't go anywhere unless he, by himself, searched all over the Island for the Magic Buffers that would take him there. Once again, Diesel 10 came up with another mischievous idea, and sprung it into action.

"Hey, Genie!"

"What did I just say?!" Discord said, angrily.

"How do you plan on convincing her to let you have Sodor?"

"I think you'll find I'm a very persuasive conversationalist."

"Please," He said, smugly. "There's no way she'll let you have control over this Island."

"Is that so?" He said, crossing his arms.

"Since her magic greatly over power yours, surely she'll see to it you can't even enter our world. How do you plan on taking it when she finds out your intentions?"

"What would you suggest I do then?"

Diesel 10 grinned. Since he had nowhere to go and nothing to do, the best option he saw now involved the goal of destroying Sodor and everything it stands for; a goal he once sought out years ago. Now that he had an all powerful being at his disposal, he saw a chance to reach this same ambition once more, and earn it without anyone getting in his way. With his newfound calling, Diesel 10 had to convince Discord to let him help.

"The Magic Railroad needs an engine to run the line. And I know just the diesel engine who can fill her wheels."

Discord chuckled. "Wa-Wait, Wait. Are you proposing that I let you run the Railroad so as to let me use my magic in your world?"

Realizing Diesel 10 was more than willing, Discord stopped chuckling and raised his brow suspiciously.

"Why?"

"Because, I hate this Island. Sir Topham Hatt cares more about his stinking steamies more than diesels. He sent me away to be scrapped for trying to help them. Now all I want is to see Sodor crumble before my wrath."

Pinchy snapped the air. Discord smiled a devious smirk, coming up with his own intentions. Diesel 10 showed great interest in destroying Sodor. But, finding out Discord's magic is hindered by Sparkles gave him another devious idea. If he has control over the Sparkles, he can over power Discord and have him do whatever he wants. If he's as powerful has he says, Diesel 10 was all the more curious and excited to see what can be done with Discord once he has the Lost Engine's Gold Dust.

"I presume diplomacy isn't how you plan to approach her?" Discord said.

"If by that you mean suck all the magic dry from her, then yes. I crashed her once before. So long as Twinkle Toes and Puffball are out of the picture, I can do so again."

Discord contemplated his offer. "You're not going to hurt her, are you?"

"All I need is her magic. No real harm will be done," he lied.

"Uh, wha, err I'm sorry, wh-what's going on here?" Dodge asked.
"Yeah, boss, you're not really going after that lost engine again, are you?" Splatter asked.

Diesel 10 and Discord caught them up to speed and shared what they have planned and why. Splatter & Dodge weren't so sure. They had left behind their old ways of chasing after magic engines long ago. But now, their boss is once again calling them back to arms.

"We're going to help him achieve this," Diesel 10 said.

"W-we?" Both say.

"Yes. You two are going to help me."

"But-but-but. We,"
"We don't work for you anymore," Splatter said.

"Oh. Very well. Genie! Bring them back to the Smelters."

Discord glared at Diesel 10. "Firstly, stop calling me a genie. I am a spirit of chaos; hot some cheap, discount knock off. Secondly, don't go mouthing off orders. Nobody tells me what to do."

He quietly chuckled and whispered to himself. "Not yet."

Diesel 10 thought he was being clever in keeping his ulterior motives from Discord. But he knew all to well Diesel 10 intends use Gold Dust not only to destroy Sodor, but to gain control over him as well. Discord kept this to himself and hid his own ulterior motive from Diesel 10. He knew this partnership wasn't going to last. As soon as the Lost Engine's magic is completely taken from her, Discord will have to find another engine to run the line instead of Diesel 10, or at the very least find a way to extract and contain the Sparkles by other means. Meanwhile, Splatter & Dodge rattled in excitement when they heard Diesel 10 address creature as a genie.

"Is that a real-life genie?" Dodge gasped.
"Oh, oh, do we get three wishes too?"
"I wish for a pony."
"I wish for sparkly golden wheels."
"I wish, wait did we use up all our wishes yet?"
"I wish for a never-ending supply of fresh fuel."
"Oh good one! I wish for that too!"

Discord slapped and dragged his hand down his face. "Why do you need these idiots with us?"

"Hey, that's not very nice!" Splatter said.
"He's not a nice Genie."
"No, not at all."

"Because they know where the Magic Buffers are located. Besides, I can make good use of Splodge. Unless, you wanna send them back to be scrapped?"

"What? No!"
"Please don't!"
"We don't wanna back!"
"We'll do anything you say!"
"Just don't send us into the fire!"

Diesel 10 smirked. Discord stroked his goat beard. He was planning on just keep them at the Dieselworks, but then changed his decision.

"Hmm, they do seem easily obedient. If you can keep them in line, I suppose they can tag along."

"Great! Isn't that great, Splodge?"

They both agreed as Pinchy lingered over them, looking eager to munch something. Discord leaned close to Diesel 10's face.

"So then, do we have an alliance?"

"Indeed we do."

Both smiled to each other while Splatter & Dodge quivered slightly. They weren't too thrilled to be apart of their master plan. But much like with Diesel 10, what was the alternative?

"Alright, fellas. Let us venture to this Magic Railroad and claim this Island all to myself." Discord leaned beside Diesel 10 again. "And if all goes accordingly, I'll appoint you second in command for when I'm not around to keep Sodor in check."

Diesel 10 didn't like the sound of being second in command. Discord knew this and said so to assure him if he did try using Gold Dust on him.


After the two diesels reveal the Magic Buffer's location, Discord teleported Diesel 10, Splatter and Dodge out of the Dieselworks and onto a set of golden tracks in a lively open field of bright green. From miles and miles, there was nothing but herbaceous plants and constituting grass with jointed stems and spikes of small, wind-pollinated flowers. Wild and cultivated fields beamed green, lakes and ponds shined blue from the bright clear sky, and large mountains from the distance stood proud and vibrant. The sun made everything golden and the rails glitter. It was like a beautiful painting.

"I went a head and checked to make sure this was the right place," Discord said, searching around while shading his eyes. "This is the Magic Railroad, correct?"

Diesel 10 looked around with crazed eyes and a grin. He was finally on the Magic Railroad. Instead of answering him, Diesel 10 slowly began to chuckle, starting off quite, then moderate, then bursting into a full maniacal laughing fit upon this realization. Pinchy chomps the air excitedly as well. After all this time, he now stood on the golden tracks of the most powerful railway line in existence.

"I'll take that as a definite yes," Discord said to the reader.

All the while, Diesel 10 continued laughing. As he does, the environment around the four began changing. Instead of bright green, blue and gold, their surroundings fade into a deep, piercing red. The sky was now also red. The grass, lakes, flowers, mountains, clouds, all turned red. The cool breeze became warmer, the air was dry, and the temperature rose significantly. Splatter & Dodge shook in their wheels, even more so as the land in their proximity engulfed into billowing flames, startling the two and even Discord for a short second. Now that Diesel 10 was in the Magic Railroad, there was no telling what sort of evil he'll conceive.

Then, they all heard a chuffing sound. Finishing his laugh, Diesel 10 gazed a head and sees a small, Victorian-styled tank engine puffing down the tracks towards them, unaware of their presence in the Railroad. It was Lady, the lost engine. Upon seeing Diesel 10, Lady breaks hard and stops in her tracks. She stuttered in shock, baffled by his appearance. How did Diesel 10 find his way here?

"Hello, Lost Engine!" He said. "I've come to settle some old business."

"D-Diesel 10?! But how?"

"Not important. All that matters now is your magic in my possession!"

Pinch leaped off Diesel 10's roof and chomped the air. Lady chuffed away quickly by reversing down the opposite direction. Pinchy continuously lunged forward and snapped ferociously. Diesel 10 smirked.

"Oooh, I love a good chase."

Diesel 10 tried moving but was still having malfunctions with his engine. He alludes Discord to fix him up immediately. Irritated, Discord snaped his fingers. Diesel 10 disappears in a flashing light, then reappears again, now fully repaired and cleaned from top to bottom. After basking in his new factory fresh appearance, he drove off in pursuit of Lady.

"Splodge! Come and destroy. Unless you prefer the heat at the Smelters."

Startled and reluctant at first, Splatter & Dodge soon follow after their boss.

"We Just need her magic," Discord instructed while flying beside Diesel 10. "Meaning no destroying of any kind, got it?"

Diesel 10 built up speed. "Yes, your majesty!"

Lady sped down the track of the now fire filled land. Her wheels carried her as far as she can away from the Diesel 10 and the flying dragon like monster eagerly pursuing her. All four chased after her, speeding down the golden tracks and soaring through the desiccated air. Lady was afraid. She knew the track would lead them back to Muffle Mountain. Lady completely covered herself in a cloud of Sparkles. When they cleared, she was facing the opposite direction from them and built up more speed. Discord and Diesel 10 were impressed. Next, she shuts her eyes and tapped into her powers again, glowing from funnel to cab with Gold Dust. It was a risky call, especially since she hadn't practiced using this tactic much. But, Lady had to try. The track a head of her splits off into two separate directions, one going left and one right, and materializing a new set of golden rails that branched off far in the distance. The origin where each direction faced opposite transform into a set of switches. Lady charges down the points that took her to the right. Before she could switch them, Diesel 10, Splatter & Dodge make their way pass the points.

As Lady rode along the tracks, the rails in front materialize and build new sets of tracks for her to chuff down. Doing so used up a lot of her magic. She was leaving behind shavings of Gold Dust in her wake; Gold Dust that Diesel 10 began scooping up with Pinchy upon catching up to her. His front buffers now met her back, he rammed into Lady while Sparkles splash past him and caused her to jolt forward. Axles aching, Lady continued on. Pinchy snatched onto roof of her cab and pulled her back. Her front wheels dangle off the tracks. Diesel 10 cackled and laughed as more gold Dust pilled inside Pinchy's jaw. Lady was terrified. She frantically looked around trying to think of a way out. She tired teleporting away. Her Gold Dust sparkled, crackled, and hummed, but she couldn't escape. If she didn't do something quick, Diesel 10 will run her off the rails again.

Thinking quickly, Lady taps into another asset of her abilities, in tern, using up all the Sparkles left within her. Diesel 10 and Discord look a head and see a set of buffers magically appearing at the end of the line and glowing in a vortex of gold circling around it.

"Oh, no you don't!" Diesel 10 said.

Lady's back wheels came off the rails and skidded across the sleepers. Metal clanged against the gravel and chops away some of the wood while she continued chuffing towards the portal. Discord could see Diesel 10 was enjoying this a little too much and felt lenient on preventing him from doing anymore damage. Lady screamed in her last desperate effort to pass through the portal on time before Diesel 10 can throw her off the line completely. Before it was too late, Lady successfully zooms through the portal, disappearing into the vortex and bringing Diesel 10 with her. Splatter & Dodge muttered frantically and applied their brakes but soon found themselves skidding through the golden spiral as well. Lady, Diesel 10, Splatter and Dodge found themselves warped and stretched into a spinning vortex of sparkling diamonds and bright blinding colors consisting of bright blues, purples, pink, green, and yellow with a smidge of red and orange. Reaching the end of the tunnel, Lady saw another bright blinding light, followed by an increasing pain swelling in her head.


Gradually opening her eyes, Lady wearily awoke, finding herself laying on her stomach. Lady rests her hand on her pounding head, wincing at the swelling that stung her temple. She tried inspecting her whereabouts, but couldn't make anything out through her blurry vision. Worse still, Lady hadn't yet noticed she was no longer a tank engine, but a teenage girl. Diesel 10, Splatter & Dodge laid across the ground, also in completely different forms, and recollecting their consciousness. Acting on impulsive whims, Diesel 10 leaned on his arms and looked to see Lady across from him. Gold Dust crackled off her as she tried moving forward, thinking she was still an engine. Suddenly, Lady was being covered in Gold Dust. Diesel 10 grinned and lunges forward. From head to toe, Lady disappears in a cloud of Sparkles right as he lands on top of a pile left behind in her wake.

Diesel 10 knelt on top of the Gold Dust and dug his hands into the Sparkles. Then, his palms flinch, realizing he now had hands. Panicking, Diesel 10's head swerved left and right to look at his trembling arms, which then gripped the brown shoulder-length hair on his head. Splatter & Dodge sat up and look at each other. Taking longer than it should, they too realize both looked different and frantically examined themselves. Diesel 10 turned to his right and sees a huge, two story purple building. Golden gargoyles of horse heads were stationed on the very top front of the N shaped structure. Examining the rest of his surrounding, he saw a large, crystal clear base of a statue with no actual sculpture on it. The statue base was centered on a concrete walkway shaped like half a circle with a line on a field of green grass, and a sign consisting of two horseshoes, with the center placed on its side to resemble the letter C standing just at the sidewalk.

Looking back at Splatter & Dodge, he crawled over to the two boys, who were busy poking the surface of the base and seeing their hands phase through the portal in astonishment. Frightened by their bizarre appearance, this strange place, and seeing Diesel 10 crawling angrily towards them through the base's reflection. Splatter & Dodge try escaping into the portal only to bump into each other. Pinchy latches onto both sleeves of their weathered leather jackets and pulls them back on their behinds.

"Listen here, rust buckets," Diesel 10 said, strictly. "I don't know where we are, what's happened to us, or where that no good steamie poofed away to, but the plan hasn't changed. It's time to start proving your wroth, Splodge."

Splatter & Dodge look at each other nervously. Discord showed up and was informed of what happened. Luckily, he knew a good deal about this world and told them all about it and why they were now people instead of engines. Then he explained what they needed to do in light of this sudden shift, in this strange new world, and everything else moving forward. Despite expectations to finish up their crusade then and there, they now had a new mission piled on top of their master plan. Find the lost engine.


To Be Continued.

PreviousChapters Next