• Published 19th Oct 2017
  • 9,610 Views, 190 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls: Welcome to Canterlot High - LPFanFic



Thomas The Tank Engine enters the world of Canterlot High to locate the missing magic that's disappeared from the Island of Sodor. He meets the Main 7 along the way, and tries solving a problem that challenge his concept of redemption & forgiveness.

  • ...
19
 190
 9,610

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10: Best Group Of Friends

Thomas & Equestria Girls:
Welcome To Canterlot High

Chapter 10: Best Group of Friends

This was definitely Lady who was radiating that bright golden light. The trail of Gold Dust left behind more than confirmed that. Now that he knew Lady is indeed hiding out at Canterlot High, Thomas indubitably couldn't return to Sodor; not when he's so close to finding her. Though it would appear that she isn't currently present within the school, Lady was here regardless and that's all Thomas needed to know; which left him asking many questions. Where is Lady now and how can he find her? Thomas knew he had to go back to Sodor, but at the same time he had to stay at Canterlot in case Lady shows up again. Choosing to go with the latter remembering the greater importance of this task, he continued wondering around Canterlot High not knowing when of if she'll show up again.

It was late at night and Thomas was starting to feel a bit drowsy. He hadn't thought about where he might sleep seeing as how he wasn't expecting to stay here long. Seeing no more trails of Gold Dust laying around, Thomas ended up back in the gymnasium feeling tired and low on energy. Looking around he noticed a door across the gym floor and walked towards it. Opening the door, he saw inside a bunch of sporting equipment laying around. This was the storage room were students keep their equipment. He stepped inside shutting the door behind him. The storage room was dark and silent. Normally you were allowed in here during school hours, but being inside Canterlot during closing time felt wrong for Thomas. Knowing he had no where else to sleep, Thomas accepted he had to make due with what he has.

"It's not Tidmouth, but it'll do," Thomas said.

Thomas debated leaving a bit of the door open to let in what little light there isn't to shine through. He took a pilon sitting by the corner and placed it in between the door and the frame. At least this way he could tell when the sun comes up the next morning. Thomas fell on a pile of exercise mats leaning against the wall feeling the days worth all flushing out of him. It was another strange sensation for Thomas to feel being a person. He was so tired after only doing so little in one day.

The day Thomas had was unlike any he's ever experienced before, which would explain why he was drained of all energy and couldn't take it in completely. He met new friends, explored new places, and tried new things; activities that wouldn't so easily exhaust him by the end of the day. Thomas had always dreamed of visiting a different place outside of Sodor but to actually experience doing so was a lot more different then how he pictured it being. He looked over himself seeing he was what he should appear to be as opposed to how the girls described his state of being during his blackout. This couldn't have been an illness, it couldn't have been something from this world, it had to be something manipulating Gold Dust to do harm on him in such a matter to disable Thomas from functioning. But who or what could control Gold Dust to do such a thing? To makeshift it and hurt others such as Mr. Conductor to the point where they become a shell of the former self they're known to be? He hoped it wasn't actually Diesel 10 causing all this trouble. Though despite that, he was beginning to wonder if maybe it might be the case. He didn't want to believe it; he wanted to find out what was really behind the magic misuse.

"The Gold Dust sure is acting awfully strange. I wonder if they're what caused my blackout? Only one thing's for sure, I must prevent another accident from happening to anyone else, before it's too late," Thomas said confidently. "I just hope whatever it did to me doesn't happen again. Me and all my friends back home could be in great danger if I'm not careful."

Laying on this temporary bed shifting on his sides or on his back, he realized sleeping as a person isn't the same as sleeping in a shed. Thomas started shivering; he needed to worm up but didn't know how until he remember Twilight's bed and the sheets that were on it. Surveying the storage room, he found a long sheet covering a large container carrying soccer and basket balls and pulled it off the carrier. It wasn't as comfy as Twilight's but it kept him worm for the night. Thomas pulled the sheet over himself and stared up at the ceiling. He listened closely one last time for any sound of Gold Dust sparkling and looked down towards the door to see if the gold light would appear again. None of which happened; so, Thomas dozed off to sleep thinking about his friends here in Canterlot. He didn't have to leave just yet and hoped to run into one of them again. Then he thought about his friends on Sodor and how they're holding up, growing concerned with images in his head of the engines being covered in shadows.

"I hope everyone on Sodor is safe," Thomas said to himself, before finally falling to sleep.


It was early in the morning at Canterlot High. A large number of students were heading their way towards the entrance of the school. Some were walking, running, and some of those who showed up early just hanged out with their friends outside or in the building waiting for the bell to ring to start their classes.

Sunset and the others had already arrived at school. They all met in the band room to practice a new song on their instruments. The Band Room is used to practice music and songs. Inside the room, the walls are decorated with music symbols such as treble clefs and staffs with notes on them. It contains some shelves with sheet music on it, a drum kit in the center of the room, an electric keyboard plugged into a wall, a large piano, and shelves holding various musical instruments including a saxophone, some percussion instruments such as a tambourine and a pair of maracas, as well as an acoustic guitar hung from a wall hanger and a triangle hanging from the ceiling, in addition to some instruments on the floor such as conga drums and xylophones.

The girls were part of their own musical band called the Rainbooms. The band members consisted of Rainbow Dash on the electric guitar and lead vocals, Applejack on bass, Rarity on keytar, Fluttershy on tambourine, Pinkie Pie on drums, Sunset Shimmer as rhythm guitarist and backup vocalist, and Twilight Sparkle also on backup vocalist. They were singing along to one of their songs happily playing their instruments.

The Rainbooms: "Time to get this show on the road. Turn on the lights (the lights). Make 'em shine bright (bright)."

"Light up our dreams (dreams). Bright as the sun (sun). Shining like gold (gold). Let's get this show (show) on the road."

"Time to get this show on the road. Turn on the lights (the lights!). Make 'em shine bright (bright!)."

"Light up our dreams (dreams!). Bright as the sun (sun!). Shining like gold (gold!) Let's get this show (show!) on the road!"


Spike clapped his paws excitedly.

"That sounded great!"

"Yeah, I guess," Rainbow Dash said. "But someone was slacking off a bit during the first chorus."

"It's my fault," Sunset admitted. "I kinda got distracted at the beginning."

"Not to worry, darling," Rarity assured. "You sounded excellent near the end,"

"We all did," Applejack smiled. "A few more practices and we'll nail this song in no time."

"Yeah," Sunset said unenthusiastic.

"Are you okay, Sunset?" Fluttershy asked.

"Not really."

Everyone looked at Sunset tuning her guitar unhappily.

"You're still worried about Thomas, aren't you?" Twilight asked.

Sunset gazed worrisome at Twilight then back to her guitar again noticeably concerned by the others. Thomas was all she could think about since his departure yesterday. She wasn't sure where he ran off to or where he is now. He could be in trouble for all she knew; and she isn't by his side to help him. This was daunting on her all night and morning. Sunset wanted to search for Thomas hoping that maybe he's back in school and make sure he was safe, but there was no knowing where he is or if he even came back to school.

Twilight walked up to Sunset still in deep thought. "Don't worry, Sunset. We're all looking out for him. Wherever he's turned up I'm positive we will find him. I mean come on, he can't have gone too far from Canterlot High, right?"

"I would probably worry a little," Fluttershy said. "He could have passed out again somewhere,"

Fluttershy stops talking after Twilight shoots her a raised eyebrow.

"Or, not," she said holding her tambourine tightly.

"Until then we're keeping an eye out should he appear in our classes," Twilight continued. "If not, then we'll go out and search for him, just like we promised."

Sunset looked at everyone happily nodding their heads in agreement then back at Twilight.

"Okay," she smiled.

Twilight gives Sunset a much-needed hug, to which she happily returns the gesture. The two let go as Twilight's hands overlap each other.

"Also, maybe a little bit of information I gathered on those mysterious Sparkles can help ease your concerns."

Twilight sat by some steps and pulled out a tiny glass jar from her bag containing the gold sparkles they found last night. Everyone went over and joined her, examining the large collection of glitter resting inside the jar.

"I've spent all night studying what kind of mana is generated by these sparkles and trying to extrapolate its waveforms to determine a point of origin. So far, there's no clear, explainable provenance for it, at all. The only thing I could evaluate was the effects and abilities it can discharge."

"Uh, English please," Rainbow Dash said.

"We don't know where it's from," Twilight said.

"Tell us somethin' we don't know," Applejack said.

"What does it do?" Fluttershy asked.

"I think everything?" Twilight wasn't positive. "There's no clear aptitude for what it's function is. What I did decipher though was that a bearer is capable of possessing its mana, bending it to their will in accordance to how they want it to perform. Meaning whatever it's purpose is, anyone can use it to do anything."

"So equestrian magic, essentially?" Rarity said.

"Not exactly. Equestrian magic is a bit more defined by it's abilities. The magnitude of this power appears to be limitless. There's probably all kinds of uses for it. So far we know it can knock people out and slowly eat away their being. Other than that, I'm not sure what else it's capable of."

"That explains why Thomas was in so much pain," Spike said.

Sunset chimed in. "It also explains the figure I saw when I peered into Thomas' thoughts. They must've been using the Sparkles to hurt him."

"What An Awful Way To Use Magic On Someone!" Pinkie Pie said. "But, Does That Mean It Can Also Have Positive Benefits?"

"It should," Twilight said. "If the person Sunset saw in his vision was using it for harm, perhaps it can also be used virtuously."

Sunset turned to her backpack sitting against the wall then at her friends still just as skeptic over the gold sparkles.

"I think I may be able to back that theory up."

She went over and pulled something out of her backpack. Inside she pulled out a tiny red locket containing a pile of gold sparkles within it, opening it and showing everyone what's inside.

"I was fooling around with the sparkles last night and discovered something they can do. Rarity, do you have an extra hair barrette I can borrow."

"Well, it's about time you asked. I believe I have one that will match marvelously with your eyes."

"Not for me. For the sparkles."

"What are you gonna do?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Take a look."

Rarity hands Sunset a hair barrette. She takes a bit of the gold sparkles from the locket and sprinkles it on the barrette; the sound of wind chimes clatter as the sparkles cover most of the hair clip. Sunset then shakes the barrette to the point where a bunch of the sparkles begin to react by turning into a glistening gold cloud of glitter all over the barrette. Suddenly as the gold sparkling shimmers down, the hair barrette was no longer in Sunset's hand. Everyone shockingly stared at her now empty palms.

"It's Gone!" Pinkie Pie gasped clutching her head.

"Nope," Sunset said nonchalant. "It's over there."

She points to the piano across the room with the hair barrette placed on top of the board lid. The girls went over to the piano and glanced over at the barrette amazed by this new-found discovery.

"Wow, these sparkles can emit the ability to allow quantum teleportation!" Twilight said intrigued.

"So you just pour it on stuff then shake it to get from one side of the room to another?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah, or you can just walk over and place it," Rainbow Dash joked.

"Who knows how far this stuff can go," Sunset said. "I was just pouring it on some of my things and the next thing I knew most of them were misplaced all over and outside my house."

"How did you know shaking it would cause them to start teleporting?" Rarity asked.

"The last item I sprinkled wasn't doing anything when I held it. So, I just randomly started shaking it until all of a sudden it went from sitting in my hand to sitting on my bed."

Unbeknownst to the other girls, Pinkie Pie collects a hand full of sparkles from the jar and examines it. She wanted to see if they can teleport her to another spot in the room just like it did with the hair barrette. Along with her friends, Pinkie Pie has magical abilities granted to her through the Geode Crystals they discovered at Camp Everfree. Her magic allows Pinkie to cause sprinkles or similar sweets to explode upon contacting a handful or a large collection. The gold sparkles did not explode though, leaving out the question of if they're a similar substance to regular sprinkles.

"While you were shaking it," Twilight asks Sunset, "did you thought of where you wanted it to go? What was going through your mind while holding them?"

"Actually, I was pretty tired last night. So, there wasn't much I was thinking about other than getting some sleep. Maybe visualizing my bed made it pop up there?"

"Yes, that's why the item appeared on your bed. Transmitting eidetic thought to the sparkles a desired location grants you the possibility of actually teleporting anywhere you can picture."

Sunset studies the sparkles left in her locket, putting two and two together Twilight's theory and the amount that was found on Thomas. If the gold sparkles can enable someone to teleport anywhere, did Thomas arrive at Canterlot High by means of these magical sparkles? This began to boggle Sunset and the others as they began questioning what Thomas told them about where he came from, and just how far the Island of Sodor really is from Canterlot High.

While everyone was trying to figure out the extent of the magic's power, Pinkie Pie still held the gold sparkles she grabbed from Twilight's jar encased underneath her palms. The sparkles didn't do anything except lay in her hand giving off wind chimes whenever she moves them. She began shaking it herself seeing if it will teleport her. The sparkles began glowing a little within her palms, but not enough for it to react proper. Pinkie Pie felt let down. She debated on taking a bit more but then thought of an idea. Bringing her enclosed palms towards her mouth, Pinkie opens up a small hole allowing for enough room and blows into her hands which activates the sparkles glowing radiantly from within. Suddenly, Pinkie Pie was being covered in gold sparkles from head to toe, all clinging to her entire being. Hearing wind chimes going off, the group all look to Pinkie Pie and the sparkling, dusty cloud completely surrounding her.

"Pinkie!" everyone called.

The group quickly ran over to her. Before they could catch her, she vanishes in the misty cloud of dust. The glittery cloud clears and Pinkie was no longer in the room. The girls were in shock. Pinkie Pie had completely disappeared from the room.

"Where did she go?" Rarity asked.

Everyone looked around the room waiting for Pinkie to hopefully appear somewhere in or close to the band room. After a while when they were beginning to think she teleported somewhere much farther away, they hear a knock on the window and look over to see it was Pinkie Pie waving excitedly.

"Again, Again!" Pinkie shouted from outside.

The girls were all relieved that she was safe and that the sparkles didn't take Pinkie far away.

"Amazing!" Twilight Sparkle said excitedly. "Actual teletransportation with a person!"

"That is awesome!" Rainbow Dash said.

"I can't believe I'm actually witnessing the transfer of matter and energy without traversing physical space. This could change the course of 60 years worth of scientific research! We definitely need to look into this, and find out where exactly this stuff's from and its purpose for being here."

"Someone want to go check up on Pinkie Pie first?" Sunset asks contentedly. "Class starts in a few minutes. We should get going before we're late."

"I'll go get Pinkie," Applejack volunteered.

The girls pack up their school supplies and put away their instruments leaving, them in the band room to pick up later when it's time to go home. They all got ready to leave the room when Sunset Shimmer speaks up.

"Remember to keep an eye out for Thomas."

"Don't have to remind us," Fluttershy said. "Now that we know a little more about what that magic can do, I'm hoping we find Thomas before whoever's using it tries to hurt him again."

Rarity chimes in. "More so let's hope that the sparkles we found off his sweater were the only ones that were on him."

Rainbow Dash places her hand on Fluttershy's shoulders giving her some reassurance.

"Its gonna be alright right. We'll find Thomas before we know it. Hey, maybe he'll even end up running into us."

"Here's hopin'!" Applejack confidently. "A friend in need cannot be left alone. Let's find Thomas and figure out where those crazy sparkles came from."

"Are you all okay getting involved in this?" Sunset reminded. "I know how much some of you wanted a break from dealing with magic. Which is why If it's all the same for you, you guys can sit this one out and let me or Twilight take care of Thomas. Whatever you decide to do, it'll be alright."

The girls exchange apprehensive looks at each other remembering their talk a couple of days ago about taking a break from magic. Some of them did want to have a day without magic meddling with their lives, but their new friend was in serious danger. Everyone wanted to see to it that Thomas is safe and possibly put an end to whatever is causing these sparkles to do him harm. Without much more need to debate, they all collectively knew what they wanted to do about this new magic problem.

"We can't ignore something serious as someone getting hurt," Fluttershy said.

"She's right," Rarity said. "Thomas may need our help. And if we're the only ones who can do anything about it then we'll have to give him all of our helping hands!"

Twilight hides Spike in her backpack then steps in next to Sunset.

"Looks like we have another magic business to attend to," she smiled at her.

Everyone happily nodded at Sunset who was overwhelmed with gratitude. Despite their interests in take it easy with anything involving magic, the Girls were all determined to help their friend instead. Because that's what friends are for; to be by your side and lend you a hand when in need. Sunset really did have the best group of friends she could ever ask for.

"Thanks everyone," she said gratefully.

Sunset was more than happy to have her friends by her side. Now more optimistically hopeful than earlier, Sunset Shimmer follows everyone out leaving the band room and closing the doors behind her. The girls went their separate ways heading towards their morning classes. Unfortunately, Twilight Sparkle didn't remember to put away the jar of gold sparkles that was still left sitting in the band room. Just then the door opens and in walks two boys attentively investigating the room for something significant. Not long after one of them bumps into the jar knocking it over. There was only a little left of the gold sparkles which thankfully didn't spill all over the floor. Examining it, they pick up the jar of gold sparkles, and the sound of nasally snickers fills the ambiance of the room. Whatever their intentions are now that they found the sparkles, it wasn't going to be good at all.


To Be Continued.

PreviousChapters Next