• Published 19th Oct 2017
  • 9,555 Views, 190 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls: Welcome to Canterlot High - LPFanFic



Thomas The Tank Engine enters the world of Canterlot High to locate the missing magic that's disappeared from the Island of Sodor. He meets the Main 7 along the way, and tries solving a problem that challenge his concept of redemption & forgiveness.

  • ...
19
 190
 9,555

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: Master Plan

Thomas & Equestria Girls:
Welcome To Canterlot High

Chapter 13: Master Plan

"I thought I recognized you two," Thomas said, sternly.

He and the Girls were searching for Lady around Canterlot High when Sunset Shimmer soon realized they were being followed by two boys ogling them from a distance. After a hasty chase, they caught the two boys hiding behind some bushes outside in the school courtyard. Thomas recognized them as Splatter & Dodge, two diesel engines who at one point were both lackeys to Diesel 10 during his hunt for Lady. Splatter was the one in purple while Dodge sported olive green. Both gazed up at Thomas and the Girls.

"Who are they, Thomas?" Twilight asked.

"These two are diesel shunters back on Sodor. Diesel 10 ordered them about into helping him find the Magic Railroad before. They're called Splatter and Dodge."

Both stuttered to get a word out.

"Actually, I-I'm Splatter."
"A-and I'm Dodge."

Thomas was dumbfounded.

"I didn't," he shook his head over their comment. "It doesn't matter. What are you two doing here?"

They both got up.

"Didn't Fat Man ever tell you where he sent us?" Dodge asked, acting smarmy.
"I don't think anyone noticed we were gone," Splatter said, sincerely.
"Nah, someone had to have known."
"He didn't."
"Well, 'cause no one never told 'em."
"Should we have told 'em?"
"Nah, I'm sure they knew."

"We did notice you were gone," Thomas said, irritably.

Him and the Girls were already getting annoyed over the two avoiding their questions.

Indeed, Thomas had a lot of questions. He figured the only reason they'd be here is because of Diesel 10. But because Thomas wasn't convinced Diesel 10 is behind Lady's disappearance, he refused to assume Splatter & Dodge were at Canterlot High for the same reason he was. But so far, that seemed to be the only case. Why else would they be here? Unless this is where they've been hiding since him or anyone back on Sodor has seen them.

Splatter chortled. "Liar lair."
"Pants on fire," Dodge finished.
"More appropriately this time."
"But they're not actually on fire."
"So?"
"So it's not-"

"Just tell us why you're here!" Sunset Shimmer demanded, impatiently. "Why were you watching us from the principal's office?"

"Are you looking for Lady too?" Thomas asked.

"Mm, why should we tell you?" Dodge said, smugly.
"Yeah, why should we? We don't have to say nothin' to none of yah!"
"Exactly, we're indy-pend-ants now."
"Yeah, Indy-how do you say that?"

Thomas stood firm as the Girls angrily leaned in front with some crossed their arms. Pinkie Pie's fist punched into her palm, while Sunset Shimmer and Rainbow Dash's fists rested on their hips. The two boys were wide eyed and petrified.

"I think we should tell them," Splatter said, quickly.
"Yeah. Yeah, s-solid idea," Dodge agreed.

The Girls stepped away from the two, still glaring with arms crossed. Thomas smirked knowing they were all it took to intimidate the two diesels. Splatter and Dodge shared a glance to one another before telling Thomas why they were at Canterlot High. Dodge started first.

"We did come here for the Lost Engine."
"Us and The Boss were chasing her when we suddenly ended up here in this freaky looking place."
"And that's when he ordered us to look for her and make sure she doesn't get her magic back."
"So, we've been trying to find the lost engine ever since with no luck."

"Who's your boss?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

They gulped nervously. Though he knew what the answer might be, Thomas was still caught off guard when they gave an answer.

"Diesel 10."

Everyone was shocked. The Girls look over to Thomas steeping back in horror. He couldn't believe what he heard. Rather, he didn't want to believe it.

"No. That's not true. You're lying!" He said, angrily.

"We can go get him if you don't believe us," Splatter said.
"H-he's using the Sparkles we found in the Magic Railroad right now to pull some pranks on the other engines," Dodge explained.

A distraught Thomas stepped away to comprehend what they told him. Percy and Mr. Conductor were right. It really was Diesel 10 using Gold Dust to hurt him and his friends. Ever since he started this mission, Thomas didn't except the idea of Diesel 10 going back to doing devious schemes again. In light of this new information, he was too conflicted to ask anything else. It was too much for Thomas to believe. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie went over to comfort him while the others continued interrogating Splatter & Dodge.

"Were you the ones watching us over by the fence yesterday as well?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"Maybe… Why did you see us?" Dodge asked.
"When we found out the Blue Puffball came here, we've been keeping a close eye on him."
"We were just told to make sure he doesn't find the lost engine before we do."

"So you've been spying on us?!" Rarity asked.

"Can't give 'em any credit if one of us managed to see y'all," Applejack said.

"Hold on," Spike said, "you said you found some Gold Dust? Where did you find them exactly?"

"Uh, did that dog just talk?" Splatter asked.
"I think the dog is talking."
"Why's the dog talking?"
"Something they can do here I guess."
"Why don't we have talking animals?"
"You think we could bring him back and see if that makes other animals talk-"

"Where did you find the Sparkles?" Twilight asked, crossly.

They hesitated to answer in fear of the now angry Twilight.

"We found them in the music room after you guys left," Splatter admitted.

"You were spying on us then as well?!" Rainbow Dash asked.

The two nodded. The Girls were appalled.

"They were inside a glass jar so we took it to Diesel 10," Dodge said.
"Now he's using those stupid sparkles to torment the Steamies back on Sodor."

Twilight Sparkle's fears had come true. Splatter & Dodge were the ones who took missing Gold Dust. Now Diesel 10 has them and is no doubt using them to cause serious trouble for the engines on Sodor. Twilight felt she was about to tear up. She had put Thomas and everyone on Sodor in grave danger all because she forgot to bring it with her or put them away safely. Applejack and Rarity comforted her, she was shivering with guilt. Seeing Twilight Sparkle completely in distress made Sunset Shimmer lose her patience.

"Why did you steal them?!" she snapped, furiously.

Splatter & Dodge flinched fearfully.

"D-Diesel 10 needs more Gold Dust for his big master plan or whatever," Dodge said.
"Yeah, yeah. He wants to annihilate everyone on the Island of Sodor using the Magic Railroad."
"But he can't without the Lost Engine's power."
"Every little drop of Sparkles counts. So we've been giving him whatever we can find laying around."
"Once he has all her magic, he'd be able to take full control over the Island and do whatever he wants."
"Spread chaos and confusion; Even Destroy Sodor!"

Feeling more amp to learn what's going on while listening, Thomas rejoined the group along with Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. He had to know what their whole master plan was.

"How could you help Diesel 10 do something so mean?" Fluttershy said. "Don't you live on Sodor? That's your home you're helping him destroy."

"Sodor isn't really our home anymore, so who cares," Splatter said.
"Ever since Fat Man sent us away to be scrapped, we have no more ties to that old dump," Dodge said.

"Wait, you were going to be scrapped?" Thomas said, surprised.

"Well, yeah. Sir Topham Hatt sold us to another railway," Dodge said.
"But after we didn't meet their expectations, they put us in the Scrap Yards to be, well, scrapped," Splatter said.

Everyone gasped in horror. They may not approved of Splatter & Dodge's exploits, their near fatal fate was something nobody should have to go through. Some wondered if that was the reason of their jittery responses, and not just them cracking down over the group losing patience.

"That's awful!" Rarity said.

"But lucky, this Genie guy came along and saved us minutes before we were sent into the fire," Splatter said.
"That was a really frightening day," Dodge shivered.
"It was, yeah."
"The Genie fixed us up and brought Splatter and I back to Diesel 10."
"All in one day, seconds even, almost like magic."

"Magic huh?" Sunset said, sharing a suspicious glance with Thomas. "Did this, Genie, say what their names were?"

Splatter and Dodge looked at each other. None of them knew who the Stranger was or their name. It was hard for them to describe. Regardless, they tried explaining everything they did know to Thomas and the Girls about the plan he and Diesel 10 have been conjuring.

The reason they were brought back to Sodor was because Diesel 10 and the Stranger, who they nicknamed The Genie, had a master plan and needed their help to locate the Magic Railroad; seeing as how they were the only two other than Thomas who knew of the Magic Buffers' location. The Stranger was someone Splatter and Dodge could not explain. All they knew about them was that they had magical gifts the likes that shouldn't be possible, and far beyond comparable to the power of Gold Dust. The Stranger also wanted Lady out of the picture so they can use their magic without her power over the line getting in the way of their free usage. Seeing as how Diesel 10 also wanted Lady to be destroyed in order to have full control over her magic, the Stranger and him formed an alliance in order to rid of Lady and take over the Island of Sodor.

"I knew it!" Thomas said, excitedly. "Diesel 10 couldn't have been behind all this. This Stranger must be using magic to control Diesel 10 and making him do all this bad stuff. There's still good in him after all!"

"Well, actually it was mostly the Boss' idea," Dodge corrected.
"The Lost Engine's magic can block the Genie's from working."
"And they can't do anything unless her magic belongs to the boss."
"That way he can enable theirs to work at its finest."

"What do yah think, Sunset? Soundin' like someone from Equestria?" Applejack asked.

Sunset sighed. "Maybe. But based on what little information these bozos are giving us it could be anyone."

"Hey, that's not nice," Splatter said.

"So is helping two maniacs take over the world," Rainbow Dash fired back.

"This isn't good," Thomas said, nervously. "If they destroy Lady along with the Magic Railroad, then our worlds will start crumbling with the Railroad under their control!"

Sunset Shimmer sternly leaned in to Splatter & Dodge.

"Tell your boss or whoever this Genie is that they're never getting their hands her. Because we're gonna find Lady first. And once we do, she'll be going straight to the Magic Railroad where she belongs. Is that clear?!"

Splatter & Dodge nodded excessively before running off. Rainbow Dash was ready to chase after them with her geode but Sunset motioned her not to.

"Don't."

"You're lettin' them go?" Applejack asked.

"They're just lackeys. Not really a threat to us."

"But what if they find Lady and tell Diesel 10 where she is?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"They won't get a chance to," Twilight Sparkle said, trying to build confidence again. "Because just like Sunset said, we're going to find her first before they can. No matter what."

Everyone nodded in agreement. They were determined to rescue Lady more than ever. The stakes were now much higher to restore peace back to the Magic Railroad. Regardless of what Thomas thought, whether Diesel 10 really is back to being bad or under the influence of someone's magic, he knew he had to stop him and put an end to their conquest. If Diesel 10 and the Stranger get a hold of Lady, it could mean the end of both Sodor and Canterlot High as they know it.


Yesterday Afternoon: Canterlot High

The others were walking a head talking amongst each other until suddenly Twilight Sparkle stopped in her place. Upon walking with her friends, she heard a noise that sounded like someone climbing over a fence. Twilight turned around to see what it was. Out of the corner of her eye, she notices something hiding near the far end corner of the school building. Within seconds a shadowy figure that stood barely visible to the common eye vanished behind the buildings fence.

"Twilight, you coming?" called Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah."

She looked over her shoulder one last time for even the slightest movement before rejoining the group again.

Around the corner of the school building, Splatter peeked through the fence again, watching Thomas, Twilight and her friends walk away; unbeknownst of the two shadowy figures spying from afar. Dodge also came poking up against the fence. They stood there for a while until the eight friends were no longer in sight.

Then they backed off the fences and ran across the soccer field. They hustled through the parking lot, jumped over another fence, and stuck close to the building walls. Finally, Splatter & Dodge made their way over to a shady spot of the school, looking around nervously.

"Di-didn't he say he'd meet us here?" Dodge asked.
"That's what I remember," Splatter responded.

The two stopped by near the darkest corner of the area on campus, still surveying the area skeptically. The sun still shined east from Canterlot High, which made the left wing of the building cast a large shadow across the landscape they stood in and creating a dark, moody atmosphere were only a few rays of sunshine beamed from the building's corners. Either way, this section of the school was pretty dim, saved for one corner of the building, but deprived of any natural lighting still.

"You don't suppose he's still in the Magic Railroad?" Splatter asked.
"If not then that's a long time to be waiting."
"Should we have come earlier?"

"So, you two did purposely take forever!"

Splatter and Dodge froze stiff. Wide eyed and shaking, they turned around to face the darkest corner, seeing if that's where the voice came from. It did in deed, as a shadowy figure stepped forward. They remained in the dark, refusing to step any further. All that can be seen was a silhouette of an adult man with only their eyes visibly seen. It was Diesel 10, their boss. He stood with an intimidating pose, starring down angrily at Splatter & Dodge.

"W-w-we, didn't mean, t-to take so long, boss," Splatter said.

"Then why did you, Splodge?" He asked.

Splatter & Dodge looked at each other, both shaking in fear.

"I-It's the Blue Puffball!" Dodge expelled. "He's here, in Canterlon!"
"I thought it was called Camperlot?"

"What?!" Diesel 10 growled.

The two boys wavered. Behind the shadows, Diesel 10 let out a growling fuss of frustration.

"When will that good for nothing Puffball learn to keep his nose out of other engines business?!"

"He's made friends with some of the locals," Splatter said.
"Yeah, they've wondered off somewhere in town just now."

His eyes slowly tilted down to glare daggers at the two.

"Then what are you doing here instead of spying on him?"

Splatter and Dodge were confused.

"But, -y-you told us to meet you here," Dodge was interrupted.

"And that was before it was made apparent that the Blue Puffball had followed me to this world!"

The two slouched. They couldn't argue back against their boss regardless of how wrong he was. They were to scared and unobligated to talk back.

"He must know the Lost Steamie's here too. Of course! That stinky steamie has to get involved in everything! But how was he able to break through my barrier? Never mind. Thanks to the Sparkles I have left after snagging them from the Lost Steamie, I can actually do something about it."

Dodge chimed skeptically. "Uh, boss, y-you know I was thinking, and I-I know you don't like hearing our advice but, why don't we call that Genie guy and let him handle Thomas?"

Splatter nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's a great idea! He can take care of that Blue Puffball no problem at all!"

"I don't need that freak's help!" he yelled. "Besides, you rattle traps, Puffball has Gold Dust inside him; we all do! Any magic of the Genies won't work against anyone protected by the Sparkles unless we're completely deprived. I need to get the Lost Steamie's power for myself, which will then grant him total free range of his powers. But I can't allow that if I don't have all of her magic, now can't I?!"

"Then, why don't you use the Sparkles you have now and allow him to," Splatter was interrupted.

"SHUUT, UUP!" he roared.

"S-sorry boss!" Splatter said fidgeting.

"This is my plan, and I do what I want! He told us to destroy the Lost Steamie and destroy the Lost Steamie is what I plan on doing. Next diesel to question me or my way of handling the Puffballs won't be asking anything ever again. Understand?!"

"So, what are you going to do, a-about the Blue Puffball, I mean?" Dodge asked.

Suddenly, a large hydraulic claw the size of their heads slowly emerged from the shadows. Splatter & Dodge nervously stepped away from the claw, which continued hovering getting closer and closer to their faces.

The claw was brown and square shaped like a bucket. It had three sharp jagged teeth at the bottom and top. It's jaw can open and shut with the teeth tips interlocking one another when closed. Its arm had a thin hydraulic piston attached, pumping in and out when reaching forward or arched back. The claw clattered and squeaked, the hydraulic piston hissed an eerie noise as it pumped the arm forward, opening wide and exposing the inner workings of the machine. When stretched all the way out, the claw chomped the air in front of Splatter and Dodge, hissing and releasing tiny sparks and compressed smoke.

They couldn't see it, but Diesel 10 smirked a conniving grin from behind the shadows.

"It's time we put Puffball's lights out, for good!" Diesel 10 said as the claw violently chomped the air.

He began laughing maniacally with his claw opening and shutting rapidly, releasing more sparks and smoke as if it too laughed along with him. Splatter and Dodge weren't sure if they were allowed to laugh as well or not, and so they chuckled quietly to themselves under their breaths instead. The claw then retracted back and disappeared into the darkness.

Calming down, Diesel 10 continues on.

"Now, I have my job, and you have yours, Slodge. I'll head back to the Magic Railroad and use up the last of these here Sparkles to make sure Puffball doesn't get in the way of my master plan."

"Uh, you mean our master plan, right boss?" Splatter said.
"Yeah, aren't we doing this so that the Genie can also use their magic on Sodor?"

"I'm not doing this for that circus freak! Don't you see? He's powerless against Gold Dust. Once I have all of it, he won't be able to lay a finger on me," He said, malevolently. "And when I have him bowing before my buffers, I'll make him do anything I ask."

"Oh, that's a great Idea boss!" Splatter said.
"Absolutely, didn't even think of it myself," Dodge said.
"No, neither did I."

"Of course, you didn't. Meet me back at this spot again tomorrow, earlier this time. If the Lost Engine isn't with you or at least know her location, you're going to have a nice, long chat with Pinchy and I."

As he says this, Pinchy the claw pokes out of the dark and steadily clomps the air twice with clashing, metal teeth. Splatter & Dodge gulped and shivered from head to toe.

"What are you still doing here?! Go, get her now!" He yelled. "And make sure Puffball doesn't find her either!"

Splatter and Dodge ran off, but not before bumping into each other when going different directions that ended with them colliding into one another. They got back up quickly and sprinted away before Diesel 10, still lurking in the shadows, could yell at them some more. Diesel 10 faded away into the darkness; on his way back to the Magic Railroad where he plans on giving Thomas a dark shading, fabric ripping little surprise.


To Be Continued.

PreviousChapters Next