• Published 19th Oct 2017
  • 9,610 Views, 190 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls: Welcome to Canterlot High - LPFanFic



Thomas The Tank Engine enters the world of Canterlot High to locate the missing magic that's disappeared from the Island of Sodor. He meets the Main 7 along the way, and tries solving a problem that challenge his concept of redemption & forgiveness.

  • ...
19
 190
 9,610

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30: Diesel 10's Second Chance

Thomas & Equestria Girls:
Welcome To Canterlot High

Chapter 30: Diesel 10's Second Chance

The Engines and Girls now had to wait for Thomas and Sunset Shimmer's return from Muffle Mountain with the magic Gold Dust. To buy some time, they went back inside the school to attend a secret surprise party hosted by Pinkie Pie and Percy in the band room. Before making their way to the party, the gang went to check up on Lady to make sure she was still safe and that Diesel 10 or his henchmen were nowhere to be seen.

While walking down the hallway, Fluttershy overheard faint grunting from two voices approaching them. Henry looked back and wondered what Fluttershy was doing until he too heard the noises. He joins Fluttershy and the two investigate. Approaching them from down the halls was Mr. Cranky Doodle holding two boys by the shoulders. They were trying to break free from his grasp.

"Splatter and Dodge?" Henry said.

Cranky Doodle passed Henry and Fluttershy while still dragging Splatter & Dodge, trying to keep up with his pace.

"Hey, what are you doing with Splatter and Dodge, Sir?" Henry asked Mr. Doodle.

He turned and face them. "These two hoodlums were messing with the fire alarm system, so I stepped in and prevented them from almost pulling the trigger. Now I'm taking them to Principal Celestia were she'll decide what kind of punishment they deserve."

"No, please don't!" Splatter said.
"We were only thinking about doing it."
"Yeah we haven't decided yet if we were gonna."
"We were just told to do it!"
"It's not our fault!"

"Oh, really," Cranky Doodle said, skeptically. "Then who's fault is it?"

Splatter & Dodge looked at each other nervously. They two remained silent; not wanting to rat out their boss for ordering them into triggering the fire alarm as one of his schemes to draw out Lady.

"Well, seems like you're clearly just trying to get out of trouble. Now let's go."

Henry and Fluttershy shared a concerned glance. They are trying to kidnap Lady and bring her to Diesel 10. Maybe they should let Mr. Doodle take them away. It'd be one less nuisance to deal with. But was it Splatter & Dodge's fault for listening and doing whatever they were ordered? Are they just at Diesel 10's mercy due to him giving them a purpose again? Fluttershy saw they in deed regretted their actions. Or were they just showing remorse because they got caught? If they're just doing what they're told out of fear or debt should they still be grounded for it?

Now that Fluttershy and Henry thought about it, they may be bothersome, but both were still harmless at the very least. Cranky Doodle and the two boys were about to leave until Fluttershy stepped up to them.

"Wait, Mr. Doodle, they're telling the truth."

Henry, Cranky Doodle, Splatter and Dodge all looked at her with puzzled faces. Fluttershy put on a brave face and explained.

"Someone did tell them to pull the alarm. I mean, um, they are a bit mean and troublesome, but I doubt they'd ever do anything that bad if they knew it'll hurt others. Please, don't punish them for something they've only been bullied into doing."

Splatter & Dodge shared a confused glance. They had no idea why this girl, who's suppose to be their enemy, is suddenly sticking up for them.

"And you would know this how, Fluttershy? May I ask who made them do this?"

Fluttershy looked over to Henry shrugging his shoulders. Thomas said all it takes is a helping hand for anyone to see what they've done. If they do, maybe saving Splatter & Dodge will see them come around for the better. If Henry and Fluttershy can get them out of trouble, perhaps they'll realize what they're doing and change their ways, just like what Thomas has been saying about Diesel 10.

"Do you remember why the police were here yesterday?"

"Yes? A man was disturbing the students and," then it clicked, "Oh. Oh! Oh deer."

Cranky Doodle lets go of Splatter & Dodge, who were still confused beyond response to their sudden shift in situation.

"I am terribly sorry, boys." He said, somberly. "I didn't know you were the students this man has been disturbing. Now don't worry, I'll be sure to inform the Principal and the authorizes. He won't be bothering you anymore."

"Uhhh, thanks?" Dodge said.

Splatter simply nodded.

"We'll be sure to look after them too," Henry said, standing next to Fluttershy.

"Good." Cranky Doodle pointed strictly at the two diesels. "And you two, stay out of trouble now, I mean it."

As soon as he left, Splatter & Dodge turned to Henry crossing his arms and Fluttershy resting her hands on her hips.

"Why did you do that for us?" Splatter asked, contrite.

Henry was about to explain but then paused. "Hey, um, Fluttershy, why did we save them?"

"Because," She began, "you two don't really like doing bad things. The only reason you're still following Diesel 10 is because you're scared of what he might do if you don't obey his orders."

Splatter looked away while crossing his arms. Dodge did the same.

"Uh, no we're not."
"We like being bad."
"Yeah! Almost as much as we like playing tricks on steamies."
"Isn't that the same thing?"
"Eh, probably."

Fluttershy crossed her arms, "I don't believe that for a second. Even if you like doing bad things, you don't have to listen to him."

"So, what? Y-you want us to start taking orders from you instead?" Dodge asked.

"Not at all. But at least you wouldn't be friends with us out of fear. Do you two even enjoy working for him? Just look at where it's gotten you. All Diesel 10 does is boss you around and acts real mean."

"How do you know he treats us bad?" Dodge asked.
"He doesn't force us to do anything," Splatter lied.
"We're not scared of him!"
"And for your information, he treats us greatly!"

"Does he?" Henry raised a brow. "You were close to exposing Diesel 10 a minute ago. Some loyal henchmen you two are."

Splatter and Dodge slouched. They knew Henry was right. Him and the other steamies have dealt with Diesel 10 before to get a good idea of how he treats his sidekicks. They still defended their stance despite how blatantly obvious their stigma came across.

"See, w-we only said that to get out of trouble," Splatter shrugged.
"And we do kinda have to listen to him," Dodge said.
"Dodge and I would've been scrapped if the boss hadn't had the Genie zap us out on time."
"He says we owe him for it. It's not because we're afraid. I don't think so at least?"

Fluttershy shook her head. "You two don't owe him anything. You're free to make your own decisions now.”

They scratched their heads with doubt.

"B-bu-b-but," Splatter stuttered.
"Following orders is all we know," Dodge said.
"And if we're not following boss' orders, then what are we?"

Fluttershy approaches the two gently and stood in front of them while beaming a warm smile.

"Splatter and Dodge can be whatever they wanna be. It isn't too late to become the independent diesels you claimed to be."

"There you two are," said a voice.

It was Twilight Sparkle, along with the other Engines and Girls. They all gasped as they quickly noticed Splatter & Dodge, who turn around and face them as well. Everyone immediately glared at them.

"Henry, Fluttershy?" Gordon said. "What are you doing with them?"

"Did you catch them going after Lady?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

Henry explained. "They were about to get in trouble, but we stopped them from being taken to the principal's office."

"Why didn't you let them get in trouble?" James asked. "It serves them right for helping Diesel 10 destroy our home."

"Because Splatter and Dodge decided they're not gonna follow Diesel 10's orders anymore," Fluttershy smiled. "They're independent now. Right?"

Splatter & Dodge rub their heads, responding back skeptically.

"Um, yeah?" Splatter said
"I guess so?" Dodge said.
"Indy-pend-ants, that's, what we are, now."

They still didn't know why Fluttershy was sticking up for them. Both diesels knew It was because of her intervening they didn't get in trouble. But who was she to say they weren't working for Diesel 10 anymore? Not that they would object, seeing as how they can't even win an argument against their own boss. Besides, no one had ever been nice like that to them ever. They couldn't describe it, but Splatter & Dodge felt indebted towards her, something they've never had a reason to feel before until now.

The Engines and Girls were all very dubious, but if Henry and Fluttershy say they aren't with Diesel 10 anymore, their word was as good as Splatter or Dodge's.

"Uh, if you say so," Applejack said, skeptically.

"How do we know for sure they've really defected from Diesel 10?" Rarity asked.

"I know I don't like the looks of this," James crossed his arms.

"Me neither," Rainbow Dash said. "They probably just wanna spy on us up close."

"I don't think we'll have to worry about that anymore," Henry said.

"In that case, why don't you come with us, Splatter & Dodge?" Edward offered, kindly. "Pinkie Pie and Percy have a secret surprise they wanna show us."

"Can I Tell Them Now, Percy?!" Pinkie Pie asked, anxiously grabbing his shoulders. "Please, Please, Please, Please, Pretty Pleeeeaaaasse?!"

"Not yet, Pinkie," Percy chuckled, taking both arms off his shoulders. "We have to wait till we're all in the band room first. We can't ruin the secret surprise party for every,"

Realizing he accidentally muttered out what the surprise was, Percy covered his mouth while the group all gasped with excitement.

"Secret surprise party?!" everyone, including Splatter & Dodge, shouted in unison.

Splatter & Dodge zoomed up to Percy and Pinkie Pie eagerly.

"Can we come!" Dodge said.
"Yes, can we come?" Splatter said.
"We love parties."
"Will there be lots of balloons?"
"And confetti?"
"And streamers?!"

Pinkie shoots up in-between the two and wrapped her arms around both their shoulders.

"All The Above!"

"Guess that answers your question," Spike said to Rarity.

Percy chuckled. "Well, the more people invited to the party, the better. Of course, you two can come."

Pinkie Pie smiled proudly at her party pal as she appeared by his side again.

"It's bad enough these two are spying on us from a far," Rarity said. "Now you want them within our proximity?"

"Least we can keep em from goin' after Lady," Applejack imputed.

"I guess," Twilight said. "But, doesn't it seem awfully risky letting two former henchmen of someone out to destroy our world stick with us?"

Fluttershy steps in between the two diesels and gently takes both Splatter's right and Dodge's left hand.

"Everyone deserves a second chance," She said, sweetly. "A very good friend of ours told us so. And if he's right, then Splatter & Dodge need one more than anybody."

The two boys were red in the face. Still holding on to their hands, Fluttershy walked towards the group with Splatter & Dodge following her. Neither puts up any resistance as she guided them along. She lets go of their hands once they reach the rest of her friends. Some stared suspiciously at them while others held their reserves. All Splatter & Dodge could do was smile sheepishly. Henry, Fluttershy and the others then proceeded down the band room. Everyone was excited still now that they knew what the surprise was, and forgot to be mad at Splatter & Dodge. The two boys gingerly follow but were stopped by Rainbow Dash, leaning in from Splatter's right side.

"You two do anything, and I mean anything I don’t like." She lodges her right fist in her left palm, frightening them both.

Next, Pinkie Pie leaned in from Dodge's left side, happily holding out a baggie full of different colored gummy bears to Splatter & Dodge.

"Want Some Gummy Bears?"


"Now or never, Diesel 10. I'm buying you all the time I can. Don't waste it."

"Whatever you say. And don't worry, I'll have those two straighten out."


After the surprise party, the Engines & Girls headed down the hallway to the school lobby. The party Pinkie Pie and Percy held for everyone turned out excellent. They planned to keep it going afterwards to make up for Thomas and Sunset Shimmer's absence once they get back and celebrate their victory again. Everyone enjoyed the party. The gang were looking forward to continuing it later, especially Splatter & Dodge. It was the most fun the two diesels had in a long time. They had purple and olive-green balloons tied around their wrist, cone hats on their heads, and streamers wrapped around their arms.

While walking, Splatter, Dodge and Pinkie Pie played with their gummy bear candies, giving them silly voices and waving them in the air to act out playful and cheeky scenarios. Pinkie Pie did nothing but laugh at their funny voices. The Girls saw them having a good time, making their suspicions to slowly drift away. Some even chuckled quietly to themselves while watching them play. To their surprise, they actually fit in well with the group. Even the Engines saw no real threat in them anymore and joined in on the fun. First impressions made these diesel engines out as devious and un-trust worthy given who they're working for. When it comes down to who they really are, Splatter & Dodge were innocent at heart.

Everyone sat and waited on the steps outside the entrance for their friends to return. The sky was filled with bright grey clouds beaming from the hidden sun. The forecast even predicted thunder and lightening early in the afternoon. Despite the gloomy weather though, it didn't change the high spirits everyone was now feeling.

"Maybe asking them to tag along was a good idea after all," Twilight smiled.

"It sure was," Percy smiled. "I guess Thomas was right all along. You can bring out the best in people by giving them a helping hand, even for those that seem really bad at first."

"Hey huh, thanks again for inviting us," Splatter said.
"Yeah that was a lot of fun!" Dodge said.

"Don't mention it!" Percy smiled.

"Really," Applejack said. "Stop mentionin' it. You've been tellin' us thanks since the party started."

"That Was So Much Fun!" Pinkie Pie said, popping up beside each of their sides. "You Guys Are Real Party Animals!"

"Why, thank you!" Splatter said. "We are quite the ‘life of a party’. If I do say so myself."
"Yeah, If you invited to a party long ago, we would've ditched Diesel 10 right then and there."

"I'm happy you two had a good time," Fluttershy said. "It means so much that you came along with us."

Splatter and Dodge blushed. "W-we probably wouldn't have been able to,"
"And have such a good time,"
"If it weren't for you, Fluttershy."

Fluttershy giggled. This made the two boys smile as well. Everyone got up and walked over near the center of the courtyard near the statue.

"So, uh, what are we doing now?" Dodge asked.

"We're waiting for Thomas and Sunset Shimmer to get back from Muffle Mountain," Toby said.

"They're Getting New Sparkly Sparkles That'll Fix Lady's Memories," Pinkie Pie said.

Splatter & Dodge look at each other, tentatively. Their first instinct was to tell their boss about what they've learned. But what do they do now that everyone thinks they've defected? Are they really willing to go against their boss?

"Should we be telling them this?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Percy was about to speak but then stopped and gasped in horror. Everyone else did the same as soon as they saw what he was gasping at. There walking towards them was Diesel 10, who stood firmly with arms hidden behind his back and his amused grin shown ever so prominent when he reached the group. The Engines felt their stomachs twist up. Diesel 10 had found them all.

"Thank you for finding those thieves for me, Girls," he said, snidely. "I knew I could count on you!"

Twilight and the others all shared nervous glances at each other. He must've known by now. And he did. But kept up the charade just as they did with him.

"Why don't you hand over those puffballs and maybe I'll consider sparing your world from what I have planned."

Twilight Sparkle glared at him. "That's not gonna happen, Diesel 10. We never agreed to hand them over and we don't plan to. These are our friends. And we're not gonna let you do anything to them."

Diesel 10 gasped, pretending to be shocked, and placed both hands on his cheeks.

"So then, you were lying all this time? Huh, I had no idea! And here I thought we were all such good friends." He glared at Splatter & Dodge with gritted teeth, "Unlike some rotten rattle traps I know."

Splatter & Dodge quivered.

"SPLODGE!” He called. “Get over here, now!"

The two boys didn't know what to do. They were just as paralyzed as the others. Everyone was now convinced they turned over a new leaf. Nobody expected them to fall in line. But, as they stared into his fiery eyes, they couldn't help but think of what would happen if they actually did defy him. Hanging their heads, Splatter & Dodge gave the bag of gummy bears, balloons, and cone hats back to Pinkie Pie, and gingerly walk over to Diesel 10. The others watched with discontent as they made their way over to their boss. Shocked and saddened, Fluttershy covered her mouth with both hands. Her heart sank at the site of Splatter & Dodge standing beside Diesel 10 and looking back at her friends with remorse written all over their faces.

"Now, round them all up!"

"I don't think so!"

Rainbow Dash was about to tap into her Geode Crystal until Pinchy rose from underneath his jacket.

"Ah, ah, ah." Diesel 10 said, waving his finger. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

A golden aura glowed all over Pinchy's jaw and gleamed with unpurified Gold Dust. The Girls looked at the claw with unease. If they tired using their geodes on him, he'd be able to counteract their magic. Worst of all, he could still use them on the Engines. One wrong move and it's lights out for anyone. Rainbow Dash didn't tap into her magic anymore, and neither did the others. The clouds above the skies grew dark and thundering from a far clashed in very distance.

"Do what you do best, Splodge; Take my orders and don't question none of it."

Splatter & Dodge approached the group, all ferociously glaring at them, all except for Fluttershy. Splatter went over to their left while Dodge stood in front and guided the group in a collective line to the Wondercolt Statue. Both had their arms spread out and directed them where to go by waving their right arms. The Engines and some of the Girls shot them nasty looks as they walked past the two boys, who were too afraid to face any of these people they no sooner would've called their new friends.

"It's a shame you had to get on my bad side, Girls," Diesel 10 said. "Now I have to destroy Sodor and your world too!"

"You'll be doing a lot more damage outside of our worlds if you continue doing this, Diesel 10," Toby said.

Diesel 10 simply grinned. “Can it, Teapot. Join your friend.”

Everyone was gathered by the west side of campus and faced the portal leading to the Magic Railroad. Twilight and the Girls stared at him with dread and anger.

"Well done, Splodge," Diesel 10 smiled. "Guess you weren't as traitorous as the Genie told me you were being."

They turned back to their boss with guilt ridden frowns. The Engines all huddled behind Twilight and the others while they stood in an organized stance to protect their Sodor friends.

"What are they gonna do to us, Toby?" Percy asked.

"I, I don't know, Percy," He said, solemnly.

"Oh, I'll tell you what's gonna happen," Diesel 10 explained. "You're all going inside the Magic Railroad, where you'll be locked up until I have the lost engine's magic. When I do, I'm gonna go back in and use it to finish you all off, once and for all!"

Diesel 10 laughed manically while everyone stared at each other, all deeply afraid of what intentions he had for them. Henry and Fluttershy hugged each other while she began tearing up and he started quivering. Everyone else stuck together too. James and Rarity, Gordon and Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle and Edward, Toby and Applejack. Percy shook the most, until Pinkie Pie reached over and held his hand. He looked up to see her smiling at him. How could she still be smiling at a time like this? Percy thought. Even so, it managed to calm him down a little despite their inevitable doom.

"Now, to make up for Splodge's incompetence after getting caught and talked down to by a bunch of Puffballs and Circus Freaks." Diesel 10 grinned. "Take away their necklaces."

Everyone gasped. The two boys spun back nervously to face the group. Some of the Girls then stood their ground. They weren't giving up their Geode Crystals that easily. But Splatter & Dodge didn’t move. They stood fidgetly while staring at everyone. Neither of them wanted take their necklaces.

"What are you waiting for, Splodge?!" He yelled.

Trembling, they slowly stepped over to the girls who were ready to fight back, until Diesel 10 waved his glowing golden claw in a taunting matter as a reminder of their disobedience. Standing down, the girls except defeat, and took off their necklaces.

Reaching the group, Splatter & Dodge then heard a stuttering inhalation. Fluttershy hugged her arms while a shower of tears poured from her eyes, and her right fist pressed against her quivering lips. Applejack's arm wrapped around her for comfort. The two walked over to her first. Fluttershy meekly takes off her locket and hands it over to them with trembling arms. They take it, as she looks at Splatter and Dodge through watery eyes.

"How could you?" She whimpered under her breath.

Their penitence couldn't be more prevalent as they moved on to the others and Fluttershy breaks down crying while Applejack glared at the shamefaced boys. Their hearts sank like a rock thrown into the ocean. Despite their position, Splatter and Dodge admitted to each other that they never liked being Diesel 10's henchmen. Fluttershy was right; he treated them like nothing but throw away henchmen. While Fluttershy, showed them nothing but kindness, forgiveness, and gave them a second chance to be better people. She stood up for them when they were about to get in trouble for following Diesel 10's orders. But now, they were stripping her of their magic Geode, and setting them on a doomed course to the Magic Railroad. Both Splatter & Dodge agreed upon sharing a glance that they would rather be back at the scrap yards again.


Before Splatter & Dodge could take rest of their Geodes, everyone noticed the portal leading to the Magic Railroad beginning to glow. Diesel 10 shifts to his side and grinned. Flying out of the portal was Thomas and Sunset Shimmer, both land with a grunt on the ground next to each other. They slowly leaned up and regained consciousness. Diesel 10 turns around fully.

"Ah, Puffball! Just in time."

"Thomas!" Percy said.

"Sunset!" Twilight said.

Both suddenly noticed the voice they just heard came from none other than Diesel 10. Thomas leaned up with his arms. Sunset leaned on her right arm while pushing herself up with her left. Eyes widened, Thomas and Sunset looked to see Diesel 10, Splatter & Dodge, and all their friends huddled together and happy to see them. The two were very confused but still well alerted to Diesel 10's presence.

"I was hoping I could get everyone in the Magic Railroad before you showed up," He said. "But, seeing as you're here, now it’ll be more fitting for all of you to make your way in together."

"Diesel 10? What are you doing?" Thomas asked.

"Something long over due. Now get up and join your friends."

Sunset Shimmer got up and stood while glaring at Diesel 10. He smiled and waved Pinchy in a taunting manner as it glowed a golden aura. Realizing everyone, including herself, were now at his mercy, Sunset sighed a frustrated groan and hung her head while she makes her way over to the others, passing by and avoiding eye contact with Diesel 10 who only shot a condescending grin. Sunset joined her friends and stood between Percy and Twilight Sparkle.

"You too, Puffball. Unless you wanna be the first one to go in? You'll have enough time to spend with everyone, so don't fret over saying goodbye."

Thomas' head fell, staring at the ground then shutting his eyes, angrily gritting his teeth. Nearly stumbling, Thomas gets back on his feet, steadies his balance, and stared sharply at Diesel 10.

"No," he said, severely.

Diesel 10 scoffed, shifting back at everyone's shocked expressions then back to him.

"Uh, come again?"

"I, said, no!"

Diesel 10's condescending smile quickly faded to a furious frown. He stormed over to Thomas, stomping his feet across the courtyard until they were face to face, Thomas never alluded his bravery, nor did Diesel 10 take his sharp glaring eyes off his.

"What did you say?"

Thomas wasn't scared of Diesel 10. Not this time. With all of his friends in danger and how close they were to saving Lady, he knew, now was the time. Both engines kept their sights on each other as Diesel 10 circled around Thomas until his back faced the school. The Engines and Girls just watched with worry, not knowing what Thomas was thinking.

"You're not gonna trap us in the Magic Railroad. You won't hurt my friends or destroy our worlds."

"Oh really? And why's that?"

Thomas inhaled through his nose. "Because you're better than this, Diesel 10. I said I still believe there's good in you, and I'm going to prove it. Right here, right now."

Diesel 10 groaned, "This again? Puffball, I'm, not, good! Even if I can, there's no going back to that good for nothing railway."

"Yes, there is. Maybe you have been or still are troublesome, but I've also seen you do great things. And it's those simple acts of good deeds that can bring out the best in anyone, even those who may not realize it themselves."

He waved his hand towards the others, more directly at Sunset.

"Sunset Shimmer was a rude and bossy bully who put others down and herself above all else. But now, she's one of the nicest people I've met. Do you know how she got that way? Sunset realized how wrong the person she used to be was. And when all that became clear, she decided to become a better person after seeing the harm she's done."

"Didn't you girls?"

Toby was about to ask until Edward taps his shoulder, indicating him to keep that little bit of information himself.

"All of Sunset's friends took her in, even after the things she did to them. And that's what I wanna to do with you, Diesel 10. I wanna help you rediscover and embrace that side of you and give you a second chance."

Diesel 10 stared with an inscrutable face. Now he knew why Thomas believed in him so diligently; why he’s so determined to see him become a good engine. He began thinking about everything Thomas said.

"We all have room for our better selves to grow. We can express our better selves if given the right path. Sunset discovered that, and so can you. It's not too late for you to become a good diesel, and prove to everyone and Sir Topham Hatt you can still be really useful once again."

While staring at him with a blank expression, all he saw in Thomas was someone with a naïve, oblivious perspective. Everything just sounded like nonsense. It was when Thomas brought up Sodor and Sir Topham Hatt that made him grew crosser and crosser. He tapped Thomas' chest aggressively, which made him jolt back and grip his shoulder.

"Maybe this keeps flying past your head, Puffball, but this time I'm gonna lay it down straight. All of this nonsense about being good, our better selves and having second chances? It's all pointless, and never amounts to anything."

"You know that's not true," Thomas said.

"Oh, really? Well, unlike you, I actually know what I'm talking about. Besides, you know how Fatt Hatt treats his diesels. We have about as much of a place on Sodor as a goose in a chicken coop.”

"He never once treated them as anything less. Diesels' have always had a place on Sir Topham Hatt's railway. And it's never been better now that we're all working together."

Diesel 10 shook and clutched his head while Thomas spoke, then waved his arms back.

"You're lying!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Then how come Fat Hatt had me sent away for trying to make Sodor a better place for the diesels? Hmm?!"

Thomas tilted his head. "Huh?"

"You heard me!" He said, through gritted teeth.

Diesel 10 still knew something Thomas and the others didn't, something he was sent away from the Island in the first place. They only knew he was no longer working on their railway anymore because of some trouble he caused. But for what reason? If he learned his lessons before, why did he still cause trouble? Though he was waiting to have everyone back on the Magic Railroad to reveal this, Diesel 10 decided now might as well be the time.

"I took it upon myself to make a fellow diesel or more feel useful to the railway. Yeah, I bent a couple of rules, being oppressed for too long will put you on that path. But his methods kept pushing us back. Fat Hatt decided I took it too far this time and sent me away after I was caught sabotaging and stealing for the good of all diesels."

"Got caught? You mean," Thomas was interrupted.

"Yes. I knew what I was doing. I knew it was wrong. But if my actions meant giving diesels a place to feel like we mattered, then I'd do anything, even destroy every last one of you. But those ungrateful diesels soon turned their backs on me once they found out what I did. I was sent away for trying to be useful!"

Everyone was surprised. They've never seen Diesel 10 act so sincere. Thomas was right, he did use to be good. Or at least, had good intentions. All he wanted was to help other diesels fit in, but he did so by malevolent means. They felt a new sense of empathy for him, but It didn't matter why he did it. A part of him still enjoyed the trouble he caused. Even now, he new drive to destroy every single one of them all, including his fellow diesels, still showed much more and without any remorse.

"So, there you go, Puffball. That's why you're wrong, why Fat Hatt sent me away, and why your stupid little crusade will only lead you to your doom. I never want to be good, because eventually the people you try and help will turn their backs on you. And hey, get this, that's not all there is to it. You wanna know the worst part about all this?"

Thomas shook his head.

"Well, too bad! Fat Hatt said no railway would ever take me in. So, there was only one place I could go where I wouldn't be a bother to his railway anymore."

He arched slowly in on Thomas, who leaned himself backwards away from Diesel 10 the closer he got.

"Your Fat Hatt, sent me away, to be SCRAPED!"

"Wh-wh-what?" Thomas stuttered.

"That's right!" Diesel 10 growled.

Thomas eyes widened along with everyone else's with each gasping quietly to themselves, horrified by this new discovery. Thomas didn't know what to say. He stared at the ground in disbelief.

"I was such a problem that the only way he saw fit to handle my nuisance was by sending me to the Sodor Ironworks, where I would've been torn apart piece by piece until nothing was left but my chassis. I ask you, what engine would ever drag themselves to such a fate?"

"That's, that's not true. It can't be."

"I'd say ask him yourself, but unfortunately he'll be the first one to go when we're done here."

Sir Topham Hatt, sending Diesel 10 away to be scrapped? How could he do such a thing? The worst Sir Topham Hatt as ever done to penalize an engine is send them to a different railway. He'd never scarp any engine as punishment. Diesel 10 has to be lying, but everything said so far sounded genuine. If he is telling the truth, then this explains their circumstances all too well. All of this is happening because of the Genie, but Diesel 10's involvement, his desire to destroy their railway again, was it all because of Sir Topham Hatt? Would he have never agreed to help the Genie if he wasn't sent for scrapped?

"Now you know why I couldn't leave!" Diesel 10 chuckled. "What do you have to say to that, Puffball? Fat Hatt isn't looking so good now, is he? Even if I was reformed, I wouldn't be allowed back to the Island with open arms and a warm welcome."

Thomas looked back at Diesel 10. Regardless if he's telling the truth or not, regardless if Diesel 10 had no interest in being good or returning to Sodor, he still had to try. He never stopped believing in a second chance for Diesel 10. And Finding out what he did or what almost became of him, it didn't diminish his determination or confidence. It only increased. Thomas had one more trick up his sleeve to help Diesel 10 choose a righteous path.

He pulled the whistle's string off from around his neck and held it out in front of him.

"What's this?"

"Mr. Conductor's whistle."

Diesel 10 examined it curiously.

"Twinkle Toes?" He smirked. "Finally bit the dust, did he?"

Thomas reserved his anger. "Inside is enough Gold Dust to fix Lady's memory, as well as restore her powers again."

Diesel 10 beamed eagerly. He reached over to grab the whistle from him but Thomas yanked it away. He kept trying to take it until Thomas spoke up.

"Just listen! I'm willing to give you this whistle, Diesel 10."

"What?!" Everyone shouted.

"But first, you have to hear me out."

"Ugh, have you gone insane, Thomas?!" Gordon said.

"Don't give it to him!" Spike said. "We need it to save Lady!"

Nobody knew what Thomas was playing at. Why did he say he'll give him the whistle? Thomas signified them to trust him. Diesel 10 looked at everyone also then back at Thomas. If he says he'll hand over the whistle, perhaps it was worth hearing what he had to say, even if it was pointless. In light of Thomas' possession, he now wanted that whistle for himself. Holding back his desires, Diesel 10 crossed his arms and stared sharply at Thomas.

"I'm listening."

Thomas smiled. Then told him his proposition.

"All we have to do is return these Sparkles to Lady. Once she's fully powered again, she can undo all the damage done and help us defeat the Genie."

"And?" He asked, raising a brow.

"If I give you this whistle, you can help us bring it to Lady, and we can take her back to the Magic Railroad together. When everything's normal again, Sir Topham Hatt will know what you did and finally see what a really useful engine you are. Everything that you've done in the past wont matter anymore, because you'll have saved all of Sodor. Including the diesels."

Diesel 10 didn't say anything. His eyes half closed and fixated on Thomas. Diesel 10 stood and pondered over everything Thomas said. The Engines and Girls waited with anticipation. Will he take the offer? Will he help them? He did think over it for a while, almost considering it even, until he gave him an answer.

"…No," He said, bluntly.

"Huh?"

"Not gonna happen, Puffball."

"But, but. You can save both our worlds. You'll save everyone and even earn your place back on Sodor. You don't have to be evil anymore, Diesel 10. You'll be a hero."

He glared at him. "Being bad, is the only thing I know. It's all I'm good at. I didn't fully realize this until I hid myself at the Dieselworks. That's when I learned a very important lesson; Engines like me will never have a place in any world. Not if we're resorted to do bad things in order to fit in. And if I have no where to belong, why should any of you?"

Thomas felt sorry for Diesel 10, despite showing a little fear as he continued his rant.

Diesel 10 hugged left arm. "You know what the funny thing about everything you’re saying is? I really did think my actions would amount to something. But now, that drive is long gone. Now there's nothing good left in this world for me. And when I have the lost engine's magic, there won't be anything left for you either."

"I don't believe that, Diesel 10. And I don't think you do either. Sodor is where you belong. There's still a chance for you. And this," Thomas held the whistle up to his face, "This, is that chance."

Everyone looked at Thomas nervously. Diesel 10 panned away with his arms crossed. He was trying very hard to convince Diesel 10. Why does he keep denying these chances? He does know it'll put him on a path to becoming a better engine, right? Thomas thought. Is he willingly choosing to refuse their offer in favor of being evil?

"My mind is already made up, Thomas," He said, looking back at him. "Now, I still have a job to do. If you don't give me that whistle right now, I'll be more than happy to pry it from you."

Thomas held the whistle tightly. "The only way you're getting this whistle from me is by agreeing to save our home. You think being bad is all you know. Why don't you prove yourself wrong by taking this whistle to Lady? Either way, I'm not going anywhere until you accept my offer. The choice is yours, Diesel 10."

Diesel 10's arms fell to his side as he stared down Thomas. None of them said or did anything. The school campus became a barren wasteland of silence. The clouds grew darker and floated over head with a booming thunder rolling in. Sunset, Percy, Twilight, and all their friends watched in suspense. They were shivering with concern and fear weighed on their shoulders. Even Splatter & Dodge were curious to see what their boss will do, secretly hoping he would tag along so they wouldn't have to turn against their new friends again. Thomas and Diesel 10 continued staring at each other as the wind blew past and brushed against their hair, jacket, and sweater.

Diesel 10's head was filled with too many thoughts. Should he return Lady back to Sodor in hopes of saving his former home and have Sir Topham Hatt take him in? Does he even want to go back? Does Diesel 10 like being bad, or did circumstances force him to do bad things? Were his methods in the wrong? Was he just being impatient like he always is? Maybe his fanaticism did lead him on the wrong course. Maybe his own actions were the cause of getting himself in trouble and sent away. They may have been selfless, but his ideas of being really useful was sabotaging steam engines under an oblivious perception that all diesels were not treated fair.

Even so, he's done nothing but display enjoyment in being bad. But was he just doing or saying these things just because he enjoyed doing so? It was hardly a reason to act so malevolent. Did what happen on Sodor really force Diesel 10 back to his old ways? If this was the case, why would he help Thomas or anyone on Sir Topham Hatt's railway? Perhaps he wasn't made to be good. But maybe this path will give him a chance to be. Maybe he'll change for the better by doing what's right. Then again, how long will it be before he decides to go back and cause even more trouble when something doesn't go his way? This was his only way of finding out, the only answer to all the thoughts flooding his head.

One thing's for sure, Diesel 10 decided on his response, as he let out a heavy sigh.

"Very well."

Percy and Sunset Shimmer looked each other in disbelief. Everyone else does the same, all with jaws dropping. Is he really going to help them save Lady now? Thomas beamed with pure happiness. It worked. He actually helped Diesel 10 chose a righteous path. Now Lady will be saved, the Genie will be overwhelmed, and Sodor and Canterlot High will be saved.


But then, out of nowhere, Pinchy lunged forward and latched onto the right shoulder sleeve of Thomas' sweater. With no idea what's going on, Thomas struggled to break free while grabbing onto the arm as it slowly began raising him.

"W-what? Hey! Let, Me, Go!"

Diesel 10 didn't react. His widened eyes followed him, watching Pinchy lift Thomas up to his sights. His grin grew bigger and bigger with his gritted teeth visible on his crazed smile. Everyone stood on the sidelines, horrified while watching a grunting Thomas trying to free himself from Pinchy's grasp to no avail.

"Stop it!" He cried. "DIESEL!"

Once he was at eye level, Thomas gazed fearfully into Diesel 10's delirious stare. He brought him in closer, face to face, never letting loose a single blink. Then, as Diesel 10 then shifted to his right, Pinchy threw Thomas away, tearing off a piece of his sweater. Thomas flew across the courtyard and landed with a tuck and roll onto the ground until he laid on his stomach. He balanced himself on his arms while struggling to get up.

Everyone called out to Thomas ran over to inspect him. Thomas knelt up and stretched his arm out in his friend's direction, gesturing them to stay where they were and not get involved. Everybody stopped in their place. Their hearts raced and anxiety rose. They were absolutely terrified for Thomas. He was still persistent to reason with him. He didn't want them to drive him off just yet. And so, they complied, but the Girls and Engines all knew they had to do something, even if Thomas told them not to. Diesel 10 was going to tear him apart until he has the magic whistle!

"How long I've waited to do that," Diesel 10 said, approaching him slowly.

Thomas got back up on his feet.

"The offer is still there. What's it going to be?"

Diesel 10 stood in front of Thomas and glared at him ferociously.

Pinchy latched onto the collar of Thomas' shirt. The claw swung him above Diesel 10, over his head, then slammed him back on the ground with a rough thud on his back. Pinchy let's go and tears away the collar off his shirt as Thomas rolls over on his stomach. The claw then grabbed the hood of his hoodie. Thomas gasped as the force of Pinchy's heft lifted him so high it sent him flying above Diesel 10. He began laughing as Thomas fell back down screaming. Pinchy grabbed his hood again only to have it completely tear off from the rest of the sweater upon catching Thomas. Diesel 10's over joyed maniacal laughter grew louder as he posed with his arms waved out while Thomas laid motionless on the ground and shreds of his clothes hung off Pinchy's jaw. Sunset, Percy, all of his friends couldn't bare it. Diesel 10 kept tearing apart the new clothes Rarity bought Thomas when they first met. If this keeps up, he'll completely rip him to shreds. Thomas tried to army crawled away but felt another tug at his leg. Pinchy latched onto the sleeve of his pants and dragged him across the ground. Thomas tried pulling himself forward but Pinchy was much too strong. Ripping off a piece of fabric, the claw threw him all the way over to the foot of the concrete steps that led into the school building. He rolled across until finally stopping and laid on his stomach. Thomas tried getting up but was so beaten and battered that he barely had strength to support himself. And so, he fell back on his stomach.

"No!"

Percy ran over to Thomas with Sunset Shimmer chasing after him. He knelt down next to his friend and tried shaking him awake.

"Thomas?! Thomas! Wake up!"

Diesel 10 laughed as he approached the two engines. But just then, something tugged on his claw and a sudden weight pulled him back. Sunset Shimmer had jumped onto and grabbed hold of Pinchy's arm, causing Diesel 10 to tumble over and almost lose his balance. Her arms and legs remained crossed over the mechanical arm as it tried vigorously to shake her off. Diesel 10 growled all while he balanced himself again after nearly getting shaken up by Sunset and Pinchy flipping about. The arm shook so much that Sunset's legs lost their hold. She still held onto Pinchy as it veered and swung continuously until eventually the claw shook her up and Sunset loses her grip. Pinchy threw her over to Thomas and Percy, rolling against the ground and stopping right beside Thomas, who now started regaining consciousness.

"Percy? Sunset?" He said, feebly.

Sunset got up on one knee and platted Thomas' head for reassurance before getting back on her feet again. Diesel 10 smiled still as he approached Sunset Shimmer. He stood over her and stared down at Sunset glaring fiercely at him.

"I suppose appetizers will do Pinchy just until the main course."

Thomas and Percy gazed fearfully at Diesel 10. The other engines couldn't do anything except watch helplessly from across campus. Twilight and the others, however, all looked at each other and nodded. Sunset leaned down and crouched next to Thomas and Percy.

"Nighty night, Puffball!" Diesel 10 grinned.

Ready to pounce, Pinchy rose up and aimed at the three friends. Sunset and Percy covered Thomas, bracing for their attack. With a strong, hungry lunge, Pinchy reaches forward with its gaping jaw about to snatch them all.

Instead of striking any of them, the claw hits a transparent, diamond facet shield surrounding Thomas, Percy and Sunset Shimmer in a large dome shaped lid, causing Pinchy to bounce off on impact. Realizing nothing's happened and noticing the diamond dome covering them in it's bright sparkly gleam, Sunset, Thomas and Percy looked over and saw a ponied-up Rarity using her Geode magic to shield her friends. Diesel 10 was baffled at first. He then started slamming the shield repeatedly with both his arms, growing more and more frustrated with each bash and bang. Thomas sat up with Sunset and Percy as they all huddled together while listening to Diesel 10's fist deflecting off the shield. Eventually getting tired of hitting, Pinchy rose up again and glowed in a golden aura.

As it was about to break through the shield, a purple aura surrounds the entire arm from jaw to strap and prevented it from moving. A ponied-up Twilight Sparkle held onto her Geode locket and stretched out her left hand, which also glowed in a purple light. Diesel 10 felt himself being dragged back by the force of her telekinetic pull. He managed to obstruct her powers, however, by placing his feet firmly on the ground while Pinchy's jaw glowed in its golden aura underneath the purple energy and broke free from a good chunk of her magic. Only the mechanical arm section remained covered in purple. Thinking quickly, Twilight swings her left hand back with a strong wave of her arm and flung Diesel 10 onto his stomach.

He tired getting up, but a streak of blue and rainbow zoomed past him, knocking him back down on all fours again. Hanging off against the east building, a ponied-up Rainbow Dash soared back with her Pegasus wings and flew past Diesel 10 while bumping him from side to side while zooming over onto the left side of the building and back again. She sped past him back and forth so fast and threw him about many times. Blue and rainbow streaks flashed by Diesel 10 again, and again, and again. Eventually Rainbow Dash stopped, leaving Diesel 10 impaired and panting with confusion. Shaking his head, he looks back and sees Thomas and his friends still protected by Rarity's diamond shield. Furious, Diesel 10 charged over while yelling in frustration. Pinchy lunged forward with it's gaping jaw as well.

The three friends flinched until a ponied-up Applejack steps in and grabbed Pinchy by the jaw, holding onto its sharp, jagged teeth with both hands. He couldn't get her to budge at all, and Pinchy couldn't close or open their jaw. Diesel 10 forced Pinchy forward but Applejack's strength was nothing compared to theirs. He kept pushing, grunting and growling as he pressed onward. Pinchy's gold aura began weakening Applejack's power and caused her to step back an inch. She couldn't keep the jaw steady from shutting much longer. The claw was inches away from chipping her face. Instinctively, Applejack let's go and moves out of the way before it took a bite out of her. She held onto the mechanical arm and begins twirling around on a single heel. With Diesel 10 attached, he too found himself spinning in a continuous motion. Building up enough momentum, Applejack lets go of the arm and hurls Diesel 10 across the courtyard.

Diesel 10 rolled then slid on all fours against the rough ground with Pinchy digging deep into the pavement, causing a mass production of sparks to fly off in its wake with an ear-piercing screech and its teeth dragging on the concrete. Coming to a stop, Diesel 10 looked up with fiery eyes and gritted teeth. He has had enough of these girls. But it only got worse, and weirder for him. A ponied-up Pinkie Pie hopped and bounced past and around Diesel 10, humming happily to herself while holding a cup full of sprinkles and tossing out handfuls everywhere all over him. Confused but steaming with rage, Diesel 10 focuses Pinchy on Pinkie Pie, who simply continues hoping and bouncing away from each strike. She jumps over him, behind, in front of, and basically anywhere Pinchy tried grabbing her before jumping away on time. Landing back down, Pinkie Pie stood while Pinchy snatches her left side, right side, and above her head with each munch and clashing metal teeth. But each time she managed to dodge every single strike, all with a smile on her face and taunting him doing so.

"Miss Me! Miss Me! Miss Me!"

Pinkie Pie bounces up high right as Pinchy pounces her feet. She reappears and hung upside down in front of Diesel 10's befuddled face.

"Now You Have To Kiss Me!" She said, before blowing a raspberry.

Diesel 10 grunts angrily as he tried grabbing Pinkie but misses. Pinkie Pie rose back up again and left behind more sprinkles, which land delicately on his palms. Diesel 10 raised a brow. The sprinkles in his hands began vibrating and glowed a bright pink. He looked all around and saw he was completely covered and surrounded by an immense collection, also beginning to glow a pink light and shaking excitedly. Before he could figure out what was going on, the sprinkles exploded in a thick, pink cloud of smoke. When the cloud cleared, a battered and weary Diesel 10 sat there on his knees, teetering and leaning back and forth. Diesel 10 was completely charred in black, powdery residue from head to toe. The ground beneath him was also covered by a blast radius of ash. Finally overwhelmed, he falls with thud on his stomach.

Rainbow Dash flew over to Dodge and grabbed Fluttershy's Geode from him.

"Fluttershy!" She yelled, throwing the locket over to her.

Fluttershy catches her locket and hesitantly tapped into it's magic. Diesel 10 get's up on his fours, coughing out bits of ash clouds. Just then, a white stain plats onto the left shoulder sleeve of his jacket. Befuddled, Diesel 10 turns over while sitting on his rear and looks towards the Wondercolt Statue. Gathered by the base was a large collection of animals. A family of raccoons, squirrels, skunks, cats, a large bear, two moose, pigeons, owls and various birds stood and flew collectively near and around the statue. He stared perplexedly at the various animals, wondering what they're all doing here and why there's so many of them? They begin to growl, chirp, roar, snort, and brush the ground with their feet while shooting angry looks. Angel Bunny hops in front of the pack of animals, glared at Diesel 10 and lodged his fist into his palm twice. Then it all clicked together.

"…Oh."

Before he knew it, Diesel 10 was being chased by the pack of wild animals. He ran backwards and forthwards, screaming across the courtyard with birds flying over is head and pecking at his hair. The bear and moose continued charging. Some squirrels and raccoons cling to and hung off of his jacket.

"Pinchy! Pinchy please don't let them get me," He quivered.

Henry, Fluttershy, the rest of the Girls and Engines watched while smiling and chuckling at Diesel 10 being chased by the pack of animals.

"No, not the face. Not the face! Ahhh!"

Splatter & Dodge chortled quietly to themselves too, but it was short lived.

"Splodge! Get over here now and get these rodents off me!"

The two ran over and chased after Diesel 10 as the animals led them down the street and away from the school.

"Oh, and, um, don't hurt them too much," Fluttershy said.

Then her and Henry both giggled together. But with the excitement was all over, Sunset Shimmer inspected a beaten and worn out Thomas, laying on his stomach again and groaning in pain. Her and Percy look at each other, knowing they should've stepped in when they could've, instead of doing what Thomas ordered and give him more time for Diesel 10 to take his second chance; one that he completely blew out of the water. She wrapped his arm around her shoulder and brought Thomas back on his feet.

"You guys keep them away from Lady. We'll be right back."

The Girls and Engines watched her and Thomas take off, limping across the courtyard and down the side walk. Where was she taking him?

"Wait, Sunset!" Twilight called. "What about the whistle?!"

Sunset payed no attention. She was too determined in getting Thomas away from the school. She had no trouble carrying Thomas as he was able to steady his stance and keep up with her. Though they managed to drive Diesel 10 off for now, he'll be back again, angrier and more set on stealing the magic whistle. Sunset had to get him away from Diesel 10 as far as possible, and dragged Thomas all the way back to her house.


To Be Continued.

PreviousChapters Next