• Published 12th Oct 2017
  • 2,451 Views, 56 Comments

All Hail the Overlord - TheAncientPolitzanian



An alternate reality requests the aid of the Elements of Harmony and the Princesses in fighting the greatest threat they may yet face. However, this threat goes by a name familiar to all of them: Thorax.

  • ...
2
 56
 2,451

Chapter 19: Nightmare King Thorax

Author's Note:

Before we begin this chapter I would like to celebrate the one year anniversary of this story.

Thank you to anyone who has read this story and enjoys it. Hopefully we can finish it this year huh?

(Please note I started writing this on the 12th, it may not get published until the 13th.)

The alternate Celestia pulled herself out of the rubble she was shot into with a roar. Once again she tried to rocket forwards towards the Overlord, but she was grabbed by a golden aura of magic before she could do anything.

With great rage she looked over at the other Celestia, who was holding her infuriated alternate self.

"I may not know much about changelings," Celestia said "But I know they get stronger when they eat emotions. We can't go up there, especially when we are down a fighter."

The Alternate Celestia didn't understand what she was talking about, but then Celestia pointed her hoof at Thorax.

A wave of fire, bigger than all but Fluttershy's was bursting forth from his mesopleuron. (A fancy word for an insects chest.).

Thorax was curled up on the floor clawing at his chest, while screaming bloody murder. His eyes were screwed shut and he was practically spasming in pain.

The Alternate Celestia looked at him for a second before looking back to the other one. "How are we supposed to win this?" She said as she stared at the ball of fire containing the Overlord.

"I though good always triumphs! I thought that people who practiced evil were defeated in the end!" The Alternate Celestia cried as she sat down. "That is what I learned! The hard way, and yet this monster is capable of trouncing about doing whatever he wants! How is it that he is capable of taking my sister from me!"

Tears started to flow down her face. "This isn't fair."

"Life tends to not be." Celestia said sitting down next to her alternate self. "One day evil will win, but good will always rise up again to face it."

The alternate Celestia turned to face her other self. "What do we do?"

Celestia was about to answer, but she was cut off when Rainbow Dash came rushing up to them.

"What we need to do, is regroup." Rainbow Dash said as she hovered in the air in front of them. The Sky started to take on a red tint behind her.

Both Celestias nodded, and they grabbed Thorax, picking him up with their magic. "We need to hurry."


Luna fired a laser into the Crimson Changelings, taking out a rather large group of them. Luna turned to Pharynx and saw him biting an enemy changeling and pulling him to the ground.

"There is something good to come out of this travesty." Luna said firing another laser at yet another group of soldiers.

"And what is that?" Pharynx asked in reply as he fought.

"I guess this goes to show that you changelings are not evil anymore." Luna said as she blocked a magic laser from an enemy.

"Yeah, I guess nothing earns somecreatures trust like seeing what their opposite are like." Pharynx replied as he rushed forwards and destroyed an enemy changeling with a slash of his straight sword.

"This is getting bad." Shining armor said as he dove into cover. "The Overlord is gonna drop down from there any minute now, and I am not betting any money that we will survive when that happens."

"Ditto." Said Flare as he sat in cover on the other end of the street.

A dozen armored Dragons suddenly flooded into the street, they rushed towards the elements, warriors and leaders with murder in their eyes.

"I am still really mad about the me of this universe being Thorax's lackey!" Ember shouted before she reared her fist back and delivered a punch to an armored Dragon's head, denting the helmet in, and sending the dragon to the floor with a clatter. "I mean really, why the heck would I serve Thorax? The guys a major wimp!"

Pharynx turned to her and gave her a mix of a death glare and a face that said 'I know what you mean.'

"No offense." Ember said to Pharynx as she easily dispatched of a second Dragon without even looking. "Although to be fair, this Overlord guy does seem really freaky."

Luna nodded to Ember, agreeing with her unconditionally. The Overlord was indeed freaky. Luna then turned to Fluttershy, and the other elements. Fluttershy's fire had finally sputtered out.

The street in front of them was filled with an explosion of golden light and the Crimson changelings in the street were disintegrated rather easily. A few dragons were left in the street afterwards, but they were easily taken care of by golden lasers.

The two Celestias and Rainbow Dash landed on the ground near them. The Celestias slowly let Thorax down on the ground before everyone.

Thorax was screaming still, and the fire had not died down yet.

"THORAX!" Pharynx shouted as he rushed to his brother. He slid into a crouch right next to his brother. "Are you ok!?!"

Thorax couldn't reply, he could only continue screaming, but thankfully the fire started to dim down a little.

"Uh guys," Twilight said as she looked up. "I think we are in trouble."

Everyone turned their gazes skyward, to see that the orb of fire was now pulsating violently, shinking and growing like a beating heart. The Dark form of the Overlord loomed within as the last chest flame, that being Thorax's finally arrived. It orbited him for a second until the Overlord's two flaming eyes opened within the fire.

The orb exploded outwards, bathing the sky red with destructive energy. The Overlord stayed in the air and slowly inhaled then exhaled. His flaming wings had increased massively in size, and new armored slowly formed on him in the form of fire, which slowly spread across his body, solidifying into the dark grey suit he usually wore.

He looked down at the elements, leaders, and warriors. Locking eyes with the Alternate Celestia. He slowly smiled as the Alternate Pharynx and Morion took positions behind him.

"I wonder," The Overlord started as he brought a clawed hoof up to his face and balled it into a fist. "How strong am I now?"

He slowly charged up his horn and antlers. A ball of red fire formed in-between his antlers and horn.

He turned towards the Everfree forest, which was barely visible from Canterlot. a thin white beam fired from the ball and went through several trees traveling along the forest.

Nothing happened for a second or two, until suddenly the entire forest exploded into a ball of crimson fire, disintegrating it, the castle of the two sisters, and a good portion of the alternate pony vile.

Everyone looked to the explosion as rubble started to rain down on Canterlot.

The Overlord started to chuckle, then guffaw, then he threw his head back and laughed mercilessly. "I am a god!" He shouted into the air.