• Published 12th Oct 2017
  • 2,451 Views, 56 Comments

All Hail the Overlord - TheAncientPolitzanian



An alternate reality requests the aid of the Elements of Harmony and the Princesses in fighting the greatest threat they may yet face. However, this threat goes by a name familiar to all of them: Thorax.

  • ...
2
 56
 2,451

Chapter 16: Getting in Touch with Your Roots

Both of the Celestia's were covered in bruises, burns and scratches. It certainly did not help their case that the Overlord didn't seem to bleed, instead all of his wounds burst into red flames. The alternate Celestia's horn was completely coated black from one of said wounds, the one that she had stabbed directly into his stomach, being the culprit.

The Overlord wasn't doing well either, as he was covered in wounds created from the magical blasts of the Celestias, but he was still doing much better than the both of them. His armor was broken in a couple places, and he had lost a talon on one of his claws. But, despite all of this, he still had a violent smile on his face, which was illuminated by his flaming wings.

The Overlord's smile suddenly dropped and he cocked his head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "Oh my, what is that thing behind you?" The Overlord said.

The alternate Celestia narrowed her eyes and the real Celestia raised an eye brow. "Do you really think we are dumb enough to fall for that?" They both said in unison.

"Are you sure? I really think you two should turn around." The Overlord said smiling, his head still cocked.

The glare of the alternate Celestia deepened, to the point where it could have bore a whole clean through Tirek himself. "We already said we are not falling for it." She said with a hiss.

"What a shame." The Overlord said before he disappeared when they blinked.

"What the? Where did he go!" The real Celestia said, looking around. Suddenly, she was grabbed by the back of the head by a clawed hoof from behind, as was the alternate Celestia.

Then they were both slammed, head first into each other. The Overlord let go of them, allowing them to fall through the air. The real Celestia landed on top of a hay cart, smashing through it, while the alternate Celestia landed in a tree and bounced through the branches, breaking a couple on her way down.

"You two really should have looked." The Overlord said before he dusted off his claws.

"I am really having fun though!" The Overlord yelled to the two on the ground below him. "You two want a 5 minute break to dust yourselves off and take a breather?"

He was then struck by several Cyan beams from behind. The Overlord took them with gusto, only grunting a little, but he was propelled back by them.

The Overlord turned his head to the origin of the blasts to see the Green and Orange form of his mirror self flying towards him.

"Seriously." The Overlord said aloud.


"NO!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!" Pharynx said rising to the air with his wings. "Don't go after him alone you idiot! He will KILL YOU!" Pharynx tried to fly towards his brother, but he was grabbed by Flare, who held him in place with one hand.

"If you think you can do any better, you are an even bigger halfwit." Flare said as the talons on his feet dug more into the ground as Pharynx tugged on him.

"But-!" Pharynx started, but he was interrupted by a glare from Flare's orange eyes.

"If you want to help your brother, do it by guarding these sorry excuses for fighters." Flare said as he pointed to the Elements and Leaders behind him with his thumb, earning growls from Luna and Ember. "Present company withstanding ma'am." He corrected himself as he looked to the Dragon Lord.

Pharynx gulped. "Alright." he said as he looked to the others. "What do we need to do."

"Right now," Twilight started as Crimson changelings began to funnel in from around the area, "We need to get as close to the fighting as we can. That way we can blast the Overlord with the Elements and finish this!"

"Right." Pharynx said. "Let's go. Anyone who knows how to atleast throw a proper punch, to the front, everyone else, stay in the back."

The Group began to move out.

'Hold on Thorax. We've got you.' He thought to himself.


The Overlord narrowed his eyes in boredom at the alternate version of him. The cyan lasers weakly struck him, but didn't really do much but lightly bop him. More of a light shove, than anything else.

While he did not doubt that the alternate him could indeed throw a powerful magic blast his way if he actually tried, right now he was putting way too little energy into his blasts, and quite frankly this was getting sad.

"Excuse me, me." The Overlord said. "But are you going to do something besides waste my time? This is just disappointing."

Thorax looked confused at this.

"Here, since you are clearly useless, let me show you how to preform an actual magic blast." The Overlord said as his antlers began glowing blood red.

Before Thorax could react, the overlord fired his blast. The laser went clean through his left back hoof, leaving a burned hole which could be cleanly seen through.

Thorax cried out in pain at this, before he heard the Overlord whistle. "Wow, I didn't actually mean for it to be that big." He said as he moved his head closer to Thorax.

"I think I can see the horizon through that." He said before he laughed. "Want me to do it some more? Maybe get you in touch with your roots?"

Thorax closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, he tried to block out the pain he was in.

"So," The Overlord started as he held his forehooves in the universal, come at me bro, pose. "Use what I just taught you. Do it to me instead."

Thorax didn't do anything before he looked up at the Overlord. "I think your forgetting someponies."

The Overlord raised an eye brow before his eyes widened. "Oh Cra-" He started before he was suddenly consumed by a beam of golden energy.

Thorax gazed towards where the beam was coming from to see that both of the Celestias where combining their magic to fire a single, golden yellow, beam together.

The two flew upwards flying on either side of Thorax, keeping their magic beams crossed together.

The two beams they fired merged together into a point in front of Thorax.

Thorax joined in and fired a Cyan beam into the mix. The magic joined with the others, giving the large golden laser a swirl of cyan.

After what seemed like a minute of firing, they stopped. The spell dissipated to reveal that there was now nothing in front of them. The Overlord was gone. Thorax kept his eyes out until he noticed a hole had been put in a roof of a nearby building.

He could vaguely make out the Crumpled up form of a Changeling inside.

"He's in there." Thorax said pointing it out to the two Celestias.


The Overlord was scorched completely black, and his cape was gone, turned into ash. He slowly stood up and his armor turned to dust around him, leaving him with only his magic to defend himself.

The Overlord groaned as he picked himself up. His entire body was now aching and stinging. He would definitely need an icepack after this whole ordeal. Perhaps he would need to go up north to the crystal empire and burry himself in some snow.

As much as he was loath to admit it, the two Celestias were pushing him to the limit, and with the addition of his alternate self, he was obviously on the losing side now.

His flaming eyes opened as he shook some of the ash off of him. He could see that he was in the attic of a canterlot house. He could also see that he needed some support right now.

His eyes increased in brightness as he contacted his generals. "Barxt, Haras, I need you to deploy the Army. Stop the elements in their tracks right now." He stated as he began walking towards the buildings stairs, to reach the ground floor.

'Yes my Overlord.' Their voiced replied in his head.

"Morion, mobilize Ember and the Dragons and get the Mercenaries ready. Then support Barxt and Haras." He stated as he reached a hall on the second floor. A pony was walking through the hall to reach the attic, where they heard a loud noise, but upon seeing the Overlord they ducked inside a room.

'I will get right on it Thorax.' Morion thought back.

The Overlord arrived at the bottom floor where he saw the rest of the ponies family eating diner at a table right in front of him. He kept walking towards the table and when he reached it, he grabbed the side of it with his hoof and flipped it out of his way, one of the ponies grabbed their meal off it while the rest just looked at him shocked.

"Lurick, ready the little surprise we had set up." The Overlord said with a smile as he walked away from the family.

The ponies simply looked at him in confusion.

Author's Note:

Canterlot is going to need some serious repair after all of this is done.

Feel free to like and comment what you enjoyed.

And if you didn't like it, feel free to Dislike and tell me how I can improve