• Published 12th Oct 2017
  • 2,449 Views, 56 Comments

All Hail the Overlord - TheAncientPolitzanian



An alternate reality requests the aid of the Elements of Harmony and the Princesses in fighting the greatest threat they may yet face. However, this threat goes by a name familiar to all of them: Thorax.

  • ...
2
 56
 2,449

Chapter 6: Ballroom Blitz 2

"Multiverses? I have a basic understanding. Multiple universes," Ember said.

"Yes, although I could explain it in a better way." The Overlord snapped his claws again and two changelings came in holding a mirror.

"Imagine this mirror as our Universe," the Overlord said as he looked at it. Strangely, the Overlord did not seem to produce a reflection.

"Yes... ok..." Ember said, clearly confused. Did she really need this lecture? Or did the Overlord just want to explain this to some being watching them... probably not, but she would listen anyway.

"Good," the Overlord said before he rose his claw and punched the mirror, with enough force to crack it, but not destroy it.

Ember rose from her seat what was he doing? Lord-Commander Morion rose his hoof before slowly lowering it, clearly signifying for her to sit down.

Ember did as commanded and continued following along with the Overlord.

"Now then, follow the cracks, each branching out from the central point, each interwoven, each spreading outwards, forming new branches. Each fork is a different universe," the Overlord said, before pointing to the crack in the center. "This is the Original universe. Spreading off from it," he traced along a crack to a fork. "Is the universe that is the template for all other branching off it. One might call this OUR original universe."

Following another crack he arrived at one more. "This fork is another universe that I find quite interesting. Below us in the dungeons, is a mirror that leads directly to this universe. Me and my generals were focusing on whether or not we should conquer this world. I am leaning towards a yes right now."

"And where is us?" Ember asked clearly invested.

"We… are right here," the Overlord said, following one last crack, branching from where he was. "Hmm, the Mirror analogy actually worked pretty well in my opinion, especially seeing as how mirrors are the main way to access other universes.

Ember frowned. The thought that her Universe was not the original made her mad, but she did not know why. "Why are you thinking of only conquering that universe? Would it not be better to just take the entire multiverse?"

The Overlord laughed at this, a dark and wicked laugh. "Spoken like a true dragon, my dearest Ember! Indeed, it would be better to conquer the entire multiverse, but that is, unfortunately, an impossible goal. Each universe is fundamentally different. Our Template universe is only one of 3 different templates, and Sir Discord showed me what those universes looked like before I sealed him away with my magic."

The Overlord seemingly shuddered. "Imagine taking the 'Friendship' and 'Love' of this world, multiply it by a thousand, and you get what those universes resemble."

Ember couldn't help but feel a chill go up her spine. Those places sounded like Hell to her.

"That does not explain two things, though," Ember said.

The Overlord cocked his head and raised an 'eyebrow'. (Changelings don't really have eyebrows, do they?) "I am pretty sure I covered everything."

"Firstly, How do you know all this?"

"Ahh, Magister Sunburst was quite talkative after I threatened to feed him to a swarm of Flyders," the Overlord said with a dark chuckle.

"How did you get so powerful?"


Sombra growled from his pedestal. The Initiates the Overlord had given him to, basically, invade Canterlot, were completely useless. Not only had they charged towards a spear wall like suicidal Morons, they were now being slaughtered by a Dragon, and a.... Changeling King?

He stared at this green and yellow changeling. He was the Overlord of this world, could it be that he was as powerful as the Overlord?

No, the Overlord had managed to overpower and defeat Luna, a Princess, he doubted that this Changeling could do the same. There was something entirely unnatural about the Overlord, but he knew at least one thing about the Overlord.

He had heard that the Overlord considered 4 things a threat to his reign, and only 4.

The Pillars of Equestria, The Elements of Harmony, a second changeling king, and Discord.

In the World he came from, only had 2 of the things were possible. When the Overlord had defeated Chrysalis, he had knocked the Elements completely out of the equation, and he had sealed Discord away, some how.

But, this world seemed to have 3 of the 4 things, perhaps even all 4. Perhaps this world had a chance.

His hopes for the defeat of the Overlord were thrown into question, when a Changeling landed next to him.

"I have heard word from the rest of the Initiates. Supposedly, the Overlord demanded that Pharynx bring the enemy Changeling King to him if capture of Celestia is impossible," the changeling said.

"And in the off chance that he didn't demand this?" Sombra said, masking his disappointment.

"The Overlord would still want anything that could threaten his rule brought to him in chains," the changeling Responded.

'Damn it,' Sombra thought to himself. He stared to the king. 'If I intentionally lose to this Changeling, and set him free, mayhaps I can get off with a warning, and a slap on the wrist, alongside letting him go.'

"Leave the King to me."


Thorax continued to fire beam after beam of a stunning spell into the Changeling attackers. Despite his brother, and Ember's seeming willingness to kill, he could not bring himself to do it.

Thorax charged up one more beam and shot it before he saw the shadows in the corners of the room start to flow across the floor, towards him. He was flying so it didn't matter, but he was confused. What were they doing.

"Thorax! Look out!" He heard Spike shout. Thorax turned around to see where he had shouted from, but came face to face with a massive black hand that had been forming.

He only had enough time to say one word before he smashed him out of the air, towards Sombra. "Oh."

He was tossed backwards and slammed into the ground in front of the debris that Sombra currently stood on.

"I am sorry about this," Sombra said, voice full of regret. "But I don't have a choice in what is happening."

Thorax pulled himself up and stared at Sombra. "I didn't have a choice when it came to serving the Queen. But here I am now."

Author's Note:

Obligatory mention of how bad Gens 1 through 3.5 were out of the way when talking about a multiverse, and we should be good.

If the Overlord had a theme song it would be this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmsjvBivRkU