• Published 12th Oct 2017
  • 2,449 Views, 56 Comments

All Hail the Overlord - TheAncientPolitzanian



An alternate reality requests the aid of the Elements of Harmony and the Princesses in fighting the greatest threat they may yet face. However, this threat goes by a name familiar to all of them: Thorax.

  • ...
2
 56
 2,449

Chapter 14: A Clash of Blades Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

The Princess and the Overlord stared each other down. The two of them were flying high above Canterlot, so high in fact that the many ponies and changelings below resembled ants more than anything.

"I will admit something to you, Celestia. You are much better than me on the magic side of things. While my raw potential vastly eclipses yours, I only gained this new body and all my magic forms very recently, while you have had centuries to tap into your power. You know what you are doing, and I am flailing randomly." The Overlord stated twirling his blade.

"Why are you telling me this?" Celestia asked, readying her magic, her horn covered in brilliant golden light.

"Because I want to test something. An experiment if you will." The Overlord said tossing his blade over his shoulder. It flew away for several minutes before stabbing into the ground below. "I wonder which is stronger. Raw power, or skill." He said as his horn and Antlers began glowing blood red.

"Shall we?" The Overlord said as a ball of crimson energy began to form between his horn and Antlers.

Celestia growled at him. "We shall." She hissed.


Pharynx locked eyes with Thorax and motioned with his head towards the alternate Pharynx who was behind him.

Thorax gulped before he slowly nodded. Without warning the real Pharynx darted forwards and Shining armor put up a shield directly in front of the crossbow men. They fired their bolts and were met with them slamming into a purple shield. The Shield bounced the bolts back where they hit the enemy Changelings instead.

Barxt turned to look at the calamity, but was suddenly tackled by the real Pharynx, he pinned him to the ground and held a sword to his neck. "Give me one reason to keep you alive." Pharynx said before Barxt kicked with his hind hooves shoving him off. Pharynx landed away and pulled himself up but Barxt had already ran behind enemy lines.

The alternate Pharynx hissed and rushed after the real Pharynx but was suddenly hit in the face by a cyan beam of energy. Pharynx stumbled and came to a stop. He turned to where the beam had come from. It was Thorax.

The alternate Pharynx jumped at Thorax but was suddenly grabbed in a cyan levitation spell.

Thorax smiled before he reeled his horn back and threw the alternate Pharynx away with all his magical might. The alternate Pharynx sailed away over the horizon. "Hey, I beat him!" Thorax said happily before he and the others were suddenly surrounded by Changelings in black plate armor. They all lowered their halberds at Thorax and the warriors at once.

Thorax walked backwards from the halberds until he was in the center of the circle. The Warriors merely looked at each other a smiled. This was gonna be easy.

The 6 of them then rushed towards the Halberd wall. First to arrive in battle was Sea spray, who used his rapier masterfully to bat aside one of the enemy halberds and get close to the Changeling using it.

Quickly, and almost inhumanly, he found a weak spot in the armor, the area just under the neck. Just as fast, he stabbed his rapier into that changelings neck, the blade emerging on the other side. He pulled it out and began going from Changeling to Changeling, preforming a similar movement.

Next was Gowland, who charged towards the Changelings like a Rhino. His crushing feet shook the very earth as he moved forwards causing several of the Changelings to lose their footing. The Yak jumped into the air and brought his great axe down directly into the Changelings, cracking the pavement and flinging a couple into the air. Then with a couple slow, lumbering swipes he cut several of the Changelings in half with barely any issue.

Flare on the other hand slowly walked to the halberd line. No real rush at all evident in his motion. One of the Halberdiers thrust outwards when he came in range. Flare simply grabbed it and spun it around. The Changeling's flaming eyes widened for a second, before flare stabbed him with his own weapon, directly in the chest. The Changeling collapsed with a loud clatter, the sound of his armor hitting the ground. The Changelings around the dead one looked to him then Flare. They dropped their Halberds and pulled out swords instead. At once 5 Changelings charged the larger Dragon.

Flare merely rolled his eyes before readying his Hammer. With 5 quick and heavy strikes the 5 Changelings were flung away like ragdolls. He yawned and waved his hand infront of his mouth, before turning back to check on the others progresses.

Pharynx was after Barxt who, after fleeing behind the halberd line, pulled out a hand crossbow and aimed it directly at him. Pharynx narrowed his eyes and charged towards the Halberds that were in his way. Just as a halberd thrust out at him, Pharynx jumped into the air and sailed over them. He then turned into his bug monster form and came crashing down on top of the Halberd wielding changelings, his larger claws impaling several of them. He then growled and started advancing on Barxt.

Shining for his part had not actually charged towards the pikes. He merely charged a magic spell. The Changelings of his section of the Halberd circle the group had found themselves in, began advancing on him, eyes narrowed. They failed to notice a small bubble of magic form in the middle of them. Suddenly the Bubble exploded outwards in growth, flinging them into the air. He then with pristine accuracy shot a stunning spell at each of them, awarding him with several headshots.

Gallant however, was slightly struggling. The Halberd wall kept him at bay and he kept his shield up, probing for a weakness to exploit. When one thrust out at him too early, he used his sword to slice the Halberd's shaft in half, allowing him to move it, fighting like a true knightly gentle man he slashed the enemy soldiers in non-lethal positions, dropping them to the ground. "You sirs are worthy opponents who hath earned my respect. Continue thy lives. May this engagement teach you honor!" He said as he stood over the wounded Changelings.

"I shall grant thee mercy so that it may be a skill you learn." He said walking away, "Should thou wish to fight again, I will accept all challen-" he was interrupted by a massive boom above them. Everyone turned their heads upwards to see a massive explosion in the skies. Half of it was made of crimson fires while the other half was golden in color. The fires were spreading out of a singular area, where the Overlord had currently locked horns with Celestia.

"We need to grab the others and leave, now!" Shining said as he looked to the portal, where all the others who had come in were currently tied to their chairs.

"Let's go." Pharynx said as he turned back into his real form and charged forwards towards the Mirror and others.

The Warriors and Pharnx soon followed suit, Flare having to fly just above the ground in order to keep up with the galloping of the others. Barxt was in-between the Warriors and their objective. Seeing the charging enemy, who was much more skilled then him, he turned and started to run, but he was not fast enough.

Gowland pulled up right behind him and lowered his head. When he felt Barxt's back legs touch the top of his head, he flicked his head upwards flinging the Changeling over his back.

The Changeling flew through the air and landed in a heap on top of a nearby building. "Ow." The Changeling General said while twitching.

The warriors arrived at the Elements and leaders, who were surrounded by a small group of 30 Enemy changelings. These were of the non armored variety and they quickly rushed in front of the warriors.

The 6 pulled readied their preferred weapons as they charged. A sword and Shield for Gallant, A rapier for Sea Spray, A Warhammer and Tower shield for Flare, Longsword for Shining Armor, Great Axe for Gowland and finally 2 straight swords for Pharynx.

The 6 slammed into the enemy lines, each of them taking on 5 with incredible ease. Within 5 minutes they were all dead or wounded. The 6 then turned to the captured elements and other leaders. Pharynx walked up to them, coated crimson from the enemies he had just beaten.

A couple of them, who had not seen his actions flinched when he raised his sword, before he brought it down to cut the ropes keeping them still. The pain of getting the ropes cut caused the chairs the shake, as he pulled the Elements and leaders out.

Then there was a second explosion above as the Princess and the Overlord separated their horns and fires massive beams at each other. The crimson and golden beams strengthened each other, creating a brilliant spectacle which seemingly dimmed the sun itself.

"We need to get out of her as soon as possible." Pharynx said as he looked up at that battle. "With all the magic that is being thrown around up there, someone down here is bound to get hurt."

He then back tracked as he saw the many Changelings that had been hit by the enemy sword swarm attack. "Someone important that is." He then pointed them all to the Mirror. "Let's move. Double time."

Just as the first person was about to enter the portal the Alternate Changeling Prince suddenly landed in front of it, and dozens more changelings suddenly arrived around them.

"You are not going anywhere." He said

Author's Note:

An explaination of the name Gowland:

To those fo you who don't know, Prince Rutherford is named after Ernest Rutherford, so by extention, I have named Gowland, the walking tank that he is, after Fredrick Gowland Hopkins, another person from around that time.