• Published 12th Oct 2017
  • 2,445 Views, 56 Comments

All Hail the Overlord - TheAncientPolitzanian



An alternate reality requests the aid of the Elements of Harmony and the Princesses in fighting the greatest threat they may yet face. However, this threat goes by a name familiar to all of them: Thorax.

  • ...
2
 56
 2,445

Chapter 15: A Battle of Percieved Gods

The beams of the Overlord and Celestia struck each other with such strength that it caused a massive boom, which reverberated throughout Canterlot. The beams of energy emerging from their horns converged into each other between the two of them, and in the center emerged a white light, bright enough to make even the sun look dim in comparison.

The Overlord smiled as the beams struck each other, glee evident on his face, despite how powerful Celestia was, the Overlord did not feel threatened. Perhaps what he said, about being more powerful than her, was true.

Celestia on the other hand gritted her teeth, and flared her nostrils. She was struggling to keep the beam in the center. She was being pushed back. Yes, she was more skilled, but skill did not factor into a beam struggle.

The beam started to slowly push towards her. Not as fast as it did with Chrysalis, but it was still encroaching on her. Celestia increased the amount of magic she was putting into the spell in an attempt to stop it, but the Overlord increased his power as well.

For several agonizing moments the beam pushed forwards. Until Celestia was forced to give up. She stopped firing her beam, and flew downwards, just in time for the spell to shoot over her head, barely missing her horn by an inch or two.

Celestia looked towards the Overlord who simply smiled back to her. He began slowly flying towards her. "This funnels into the classic stamina vs strength debate my dear." He said as he advanced upon her. "Or rather strength vs agility. Which is best able to win in the long run?"

"Shut up!" Celestia yelled back to him. "I don't care for your games! Your cries of attention! Your vile confidence! Enough toying around! I am going to destroy you for what you did to my Sombra!"

"Tsk Tsk Tsk. We have been over this Celestia." The Overlord said, his cape flowing in the wind. "But you are right. If your not going to participate in the game as well, there is not point in keeping you alive."

Celestia blinked and the Overlord was gone. He was instead right next to her. She tried to fly away from him, but she was not fast enough. The Overlord clenched his claws and they burst into crimson fire.

With savagery that betrayed his sophisticated accent, he began wildly slashing at her with his claws. They leaved trails of fire as they slashed through the air. Celestia dodged away from most of the Overlord's frenzied attack, but she found her flesh had been dug into many times over, leaving many claw marks across her.

After the attack the Overlord grabbed her by the throat with his left claw and held her up further into the air. "Now then, any last words?" The Overlord said as he slowly raised his other claw, preparing to bring it down into her chest.

Celestia couldn't speak due to the clawed hood putting far too much pressure on her windpipe. The fires of the claws burned immensely, scorching the white fur around them black, and digging into her flesh.

"Oh that's right." The Overlord said increasing pressure. "I don't care in the slightest."

Celestia heard the sound of her student screaming something down below them, but they were too far up to hear her actual words.

The Overlord smile as he raised his claw. He parted each of the individual claws, making it all the more threatening. "Tell Sombra that I said hi." The Overlord said before he brought his claw downwards towards her heart.

Just before Equestria lost a princess, his clawed hoof was struck by a golden beam of energy. He missed Celestia and was forced to let her go as another bolt hit his other hoof. He hissed in reply as she dropped away. The hiss was more violent and terrifying than even the ones that emerged from the throats of the Old Changelings.

Celestia fell for a second before she used her wings to righten herself in air. She coughed and grabbed at her throat. She felt a small trickle of blood from the small cuts on her throat, and most of the fur on her neck had been scorched black. She coughed, as she was finally able to take in a breath, but other than the small cuts, which would definitely leave scars, she was alright.

The Overlord turned to the origin of the beam that had made him drop his prey. He saw the Alternate Celestia rushing towards him hooves first. With a primal roar she slammed into him, and stabbed her horn directly into his stomach, piecing a weak point in his armor. The Overlord's wings extinguished themselves and he was thrown away by the Alternate Celestia's charge.

He did not seem to have actual wings, so he continued to fall for several dozen meters..


The Overlord slammed into the roof of the Canterlot Train Station. The section of the roof he slammed into broke, causing him to continue falling until he landed on the floor amongst a group of ponies, who scattered when they saw him in their midst.

The Overlord slowly pulled himself up with a growl. He took a step forwards and allowed the fire that burned upon his claws to disipate. He cracked his neck and back, removing their new found soreness. He looked down to the wound on his stomach. Instead of blood, crimson fire emerged. It flowed out and dissipated in the air.

Then Crimson fire suddenly exploded out of him, it shot outwards, with all the force of an explosion, consuming the train station. The building was destroyed, rubble being shot outwards, scattered into the air, where it rained down upon Canterlot and the land around it.

Soon after the flames lowered, until the Overlord could be clearly seen within. His cape had been set ablaze, and the fires licked across his armor, causing them to turn red with head, but he didn't even seem to notice the heat, and even though his cape burned, there was no damage that was evident upon it.

The Overlord looked up to the two princesses, who were charging directly towards him. His eyes narrowed as he reached down with his right hoof. He ran the hoof over the wound, causing it to disappear. He then raised it and clenched it into a fist.

His horn and antlers began to glow crimson. The Engine of a train, whose metal had been turned red due to heat was too grabbed by a crimson energy. The Overlord ripped it away from the carts attached to it, and the track it was own. He held it above his head with levitation.

"That actually hurt." He said. The Overlord then smiled. "Good! It has been so long since I have had a challenge!"

The Overlord threw the train towards the two princesses. They narrowly dodged it before the Overlord rocketed towards them, covered in Crimson fire.


The Alternate Pharynx slowly closed in on the real Pharynx and the rest of the group. He was crouched down in a pouncing position. He licked his lips as he closed in on them, then he straightened up and his ears flattened to the sides of his head. His eyes widened before he turned.

"Crap, Crap, Crap!" The Alternate Pharynx yelled as he ran away from them. They all raised their eye brows, before they head a loud sound behind them. The Alternate Pharynx grabbed the Mirror before he teleported away taking the mirror with him.

Then a massive train, red due to heat, slammed into the ground where he was earlier. It skidded along the ground taking dozens of changelings with it. The group turned around to see that Twilight was already staring in that direction.

The Overlord was currently trading blows with the two Celestias.

Twilight turned to Thorax who was simply looking on in shock.

"Thorax. You have to get up their to help them." She said to him shakingly.

"Me? I don't even know how to fight!" He said. His voice was full of panic.

"Thorax, if the alternate you is able to take on two Celestias at once, you should be equal in power to at least one. You need to help them." Pharynx said stepping up next to his brother.

"Besides all we need you to do right now, is try to lure him over here so that the elements can get him." Ember added, causing Rainbow Dash to slap herself in the face and scream: "Why did we forget to use the elements!"

Thorax gulped before he spread his Elytra and wings. "I'll try." He said as he rose into the air.

Author's Note:

How much do you bet Thorax is gonna die?

Enjoy the chapter y'all.

Also, I hope you noticed the new cover art. Give all your thanks to Grim_Grin for that