• Published 13th Oct 2017
  • 675 Views, 159 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 5 - Bahamut0



Burst and hif friends pretty much have the best life possible. However, a new player has entered the scene. Calling himself "The Element of Justice". But why is he here? And why does he seem fixated on Burst Stream?

  • ...
9
 159
 675

Episode 24: Malefic Menace Part 1

Starlight Glimmer staggered as she walked about Canterlot. A flyer advertised a lecture that Twilight Sparkle was holding. In specific, one that highlighted how she and her friends had met. Normally, Starlight would've been pushed on by her desire for vengeance. But the nightmares that Nightmare Moon had planted in her mind to show her the truth of her actions were leaving her drained. Heavy bags were under her eyes. She almost had to slap herself to stay awake and learn of the Sonic Rainboom. Yes! This is it! If I can stop the Rainboom, I can prevent Twilight and her friends from ever ruining my perfect equality! Starlight soon left, and teleported herself to the Castle of Friendship. She made her way in, and found the spell she was looking for! However, her vision started to blur as her body fell to the ground.

Nightmare Moon soon arrived at the Castle of Friendship. Carrying books she'd been meaning to return to Twilight. However, once she caught sight of Starlight unconscious on the floor with the time travel spell in hand, she frowned. "It seems you're still far too stubborn to learn." Moon conjured up some magic chains to both detain Starlight and suppress her magic. Moon then dialed up Twilight's number. "Twilight? You and your friends might want to get to your castle. There's something you all should really see." She then dialed up Shadow's number. "Shadow. I think your connection to Starlight's paid off."


A few minutes later
"...Nnnghhh...." Starlight groaned as she started to regain consciousness. She opened her eyes, and saw The Main 6 and the Elements of Heroism as well as Nightmare Moon staring her down. Starlight tried to move and charge up her magic, but found herself immobile and magic-less due to the chains Moon had conjured up! "LET ME GO!" Starlight screamed as she whipped her head in Moon's direction! "Nightmare Moon is just standing right next to all of you! She could wipe you all out at any minute! Let me go, and I'll help you fight her!"

Rainbow Dash shot a confused look at Starlight. "You don't get out much, do you? Moon's cool."

"She's changed Starlight." Shadow said as he stepped forward. "We helped her become better as a person. And we want to do the same for you. Starlight, we're all different. Some of us are polar opposites of each other. And despite that, we've become the best of friends. Differences, inequalities, are the one thing we all have in common. Your thinking's so flawed, and so misguided. Would you have cut the wings off a Skyborn to make them the same as an Earthbound?"

Starlight was about to counter when she actually put some thought into Shadow's words. "I...no! No, I'd never do something so cruel! I couldn't live with myself if I mutilated anyone like that!"

"But you've done so much worse." Moon said as she walked up to Starlight. "You've mutilated that village's very souls. By forcing your own mentality on them. Repressing their own thoughts and emotions. All to make them 'equal'. Honestly? It took a lot to not simply smite you on the spot." Starlight froze in terror at Moon's words. Moon's gaze softened as she noted Starlight's fear. "But that wouldn't have ended your threat. Or your pain."

Shadow took a knee in front of Starlight. "Starlight. I know you weren't always like this. Something, and I don't know what, changed you. Scarred you. And made you think the way you do now. What you would've tried to do wouldn't have fixed your problems. That's why I tried to talk you down back at the village. You ran away last time. Now? I'd say you don't have much of a choice but to explain yourself."

"Starlight, we want to help you." Twilight said with pleading eyes. "How are we supposed to help when we don't even know what's made you the way you are?"

Starlight stared at Twilight coldly. "You want to know how I became like this? Fine! I'll tell you! I lost my best friend because he got his cutie mark! Sunburst and I did everything together! He was all I had after my parents passed on! And the second he got his cutie mark, he left for Canterlot to study at Celestia's School for Gifted Magi! And because of that, I never tried to make another friend! Because I knew it would only be a matter of time before I lost them because of a cutie mark too!" Starlight caught her breath, and noticed everyone had either bored or disinterested looks on their faces. "Well, that's my tragic past. Aren't any of you the least bit moved by my plight?"

"Pffft! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!" Moon burst into laughter! "Oh, I'm sorry! It-it's just! Pffft! That's so pathetic!" Moon soon composed herself. "Look Starlight. Your origin? It's just stupid. Did you even TRY to write to your friend while he was in school? You know, keep in touch?"

Starlight blinked. "Uh...no?"

"Then maybe your friend didn't mean that much to you." Moon said with a shrug. "For a second I thought about considering you a capable villain. But now? You're just sad. Sure. You did something pretty wicked upon your encounter with Twilight and her friends. But it means squat if you've got a lousy motivation. All because you didn't make any effort to keep in touch with your friend."

Starlight looked at the floor in defeat. "I...feel pretty stupid now." She then met eyes with the group. "So, what happens now?"

"Now?" Moon asked. She snapped her fingers as the chains she'd summoned vanished. "We forgive you." Starlight smiled, but it soon vanished as soon as Moon placed an inhibitor ring on Starlight's fingers as well as a pair of cuffs on her wrist that Nightfall had provided.

"But...but I thought you said I was forgiven!" Starlight cried.

Moon sighed. "Yes. We've forgiven your actions. But did you really think that you wouldn't be punished for your actions? You did something pretty messed up. Can you honestly tell yourself that this isn't deserved?"

"That's...a fair point actually." Starlight said as she scratched her chin in thought. "So...am I gonna be thrown in a dungeon?"

Moon smirked. "Actually, your punishment is reformation. And Friendship Lessons. Oh! And you're Twilight's problem now." She then shot a mischievous smile at Twilight. "Have fun!"

"Wait, what?!" Twilight screamed! "Why is she going to be 'my problem'?!"

Moon giggled. "Because I know how much you look up to Celestia as a mentor. No time like the present for you to start following her example!" Moon then held up the time travel spell. "This was Starlight's goal. A time travel spell created by Starswirl himself."

"One of HIS spells? In my library?" Twilight squealed with joy! "This is amazing! A spell like that is incredible! It's rare!"

"It's ash." Moon interjected as she incinerated the spell page with her magic! "Before you go on about how I 'desecrated a piece of history', I'd like to explain myself Twilight. Starlight would've used this to prevent Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom and prevent you all from ever meeting. Even if you were to use this spell with good intentions, the alterations that you would make could profoundly change the world you know so well. It wouldn't be the same place you left. Twilight, do you really want to risk the world you know and love for something so pitiful?"

Twilight sighed. "I guess you're right. No one should have that power."

"Plus, we don't want to have a Legend of Zelda Timeline on our hands, do we?" Burst joked to lighten the mood. Everyone shared a laugh!


Meanwhile. Elsewhere.
An unstable portal popped into existence! Sickly green lightning crackled around it as a lone figure fell out! The figure slowly rose to his feet. "At last. Held prisoner by that old fool's spell....no longer I AM FREE!" He then summoned forth an odd black and white material. The large mass separating into smaller forms. Strange constructs that floated before their master. "Go. Find the Duelist Arms. You know what to do with them." The drones flew off, and the figure cracked a wicked smile. "Ah. My old master. Your greatest creations shall soon become my greatest weapons. And when I have them, The world shall be remade with my malefic magic!"

TO BE CONTINUED!