• Published 13th Oct 2017
  • 671 Views, 159 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 5 - Bahamut0



Burst and hif friends pretty much have the best life possible. However, a new player has entered the scene. Calling himself "The Element of Justice". But why is he here? And why does he seem fixated on Burst Stream?

  • ...
9
 159
 671

Episode 6: Regret

Shadow wasn't having a good morning. It had only been a short while since his first solo mission, and he'd still felt like the biggest failure on the face of Equestria. He'd broken the villagers out of their brainwashing. Picked apart a fatal cult mentality that could have doomed the whole word. So why did he feel like he'd accomplished nothing. All because of one girl. Shadow thought sadly as he flew to his usual thinking spot. A nearby cliff. Shadow sat down and looked at the horizon before him, and he sighed.

Out of all the people in that village who were hurting, she carried the most pain. Shadow thought. And now she's still hurting. Some part of me can still feel her. He then placed a hand over his heart, and closed his eyes. It's my fault. It's all my fault... Shadow's eyes started to tear up. I wanted to help her. To help ease her pain. And what did I do!? Shadow punched the ground! I SCREWED UP AND MADE THINGS WORSE! Tears began to fall from Shadow's eyes. All I want is to see her again! To tell her everything's going to be alright! More than anything...I just want her to know someone loves her. That she doesn't have to hurt anymore. Shadow let out a long sigh as he flew back home, and saw his brother Ace sitting on the couch with Sonata.

Ace noticed his brother's mood. "Shadow? What's wrong?" Ace got up with Sonata in tow. "Hey, you can tell me. Whatever's wrong, we can talk about it."

"It's...nothing important." Shadow said as he shook his head. "Just...reflecting on something that could've been."

Ace frowned. "It's about that girl who was a cult leader. Isn't it?"

"...Yeah." Shadow said with a sigh. "I tried showing her some compassion. I wanted to save her." Shadow then clenched his fist. "I've never felt so useless..."

Ace put a hand on Shadow's shoulder. "Hey. Listen. Ice went through something similar to this. But he only snapped out of it because he was eventually willing to admit he was wrong and confront his mistakes. Shadow, you can't blame yourself for Starlight not wanting to learn. For refusing to admit her error. Could you really live with yourself by forcing your views on her? Would that be any better than the same mistakes she made?"

"...No." Shadow said in a defeated tone. "But that doesn't make the fact I could've done more. That I should've done more." Shadow retreated to his room, and closed his eyes. I don't know where you are Starlight. But I know I'll find you. Someday. I just hope you actually want to listen.