• Published 13th Oct 2017
  • 672 Views, 159 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 5 - Bahamut0



Burst and hif friends pretty much have the best life possible. However, a new player has entered the scene. Calling himself "The Element of Justice". But why is he here? And why does he seem fixated on Burst Stream?

  • ...
9
 159
 672

Episode 9: Reunion

Burst stretched as he opened the window, breathed in the fresh air, and let out a fond sigh. "Yup. Looks like it's gonna be another typical day." Burst then smiled as he felt Nightmare Moon wrap her arms around him. "Morning Moon."

"Morning." Moon said with a smile as she kissed Burst. "I don't suppose I can persuade you to spare five more minutes for snuggling?"

Burst shook his head. "Sorry Moon. But you don't want to spend all your time sleeping with me in your arms do you?"

"You're half right." Moon said with a giggle. "I'll give you your space for changing."

Burst nodded and grabbed his usual clothes and changed in the bathroom. Exiting clad in his signature outfit. "I'll make breakfast today. You just worry about getting ready." Burst made a simple pancake breakfast. Sure enough, Moon came down dressed in her royal outfit. "Whipping out the best dress today, are we?"

"Why not? There is a wedding today." Moon said with a smile. "Celestia and Luna even got invited."

Burst smiled and nodded. "Sounds like fun." Burst was about to dig into his pancakes when he heard a roar come from town! "Wonder what's attacking this time?" Burst looked out the window, and saw the bugbear. "Huh. Never seen anything like that before." He then looked to Moon. "I might be a little late. Save a seat for me?"

"Sure thing. Be safe my precious light."

Burst chuckled. "You know I will." Burst summoned his Duelist Arms, and ran off to face the bugbear! He saw the Main 6 getting ready. "Don't worry Twi. I got this. You and the girls go ahead and find your seats at the wedding." Burst then spun around his blasters. "I'll handle ugly." The bugbear roared at Burst. "Gee. Someone's grumpy." Burst fired a few shots at the bugbear! Making it stagger! Sure enough, some of the other Elements of Heroism showed up. "Hey guys. Was wondering when you'd want a piece of the action.

"You seem to have this handled." Inferno said with a shrug. "But you and I should be able to keep this thing busy. The rest of you should get to town hall." Inferno summoned his Duelist Arms. "Good thing most of the town is at the hall." He then noted some people still in the area. "But still. We gotta be careful. Don't want anyone getting caught in the fight."

Burst nodded. "Let's go Inferno!" Burst and Inferno charged at the bugbear! Peppering it with shots from their blasters and keeping its attention on them! Most of the town was safely out of the way, but a few people were still out and about. And the bugbear had noticed them. But as the beast was about to lunge at the people, a slash of magic cut it! A lone figure stood with a sword drawn. "So who's decided to join the party?" Burst looked in the direction of the figure! The figure was wearing a light grey coat, dark grey shirt, black pants, and boots. But what really perplexed Burst was how the figure had the same sapphire blue eyes he did.

"So. We meet at last." Blitz Surge stated. He then looked at the bugbear. "Though I assumed you'd have less difficulty in handling the beast." Blitz then got into a fighting stance. "Let's see if you've any of our father's skill."

Inferno shook his head in confusion. "Burst? Who is this guy? I thought the only 'brother' you had was Shining Dawn! And you blew him away!"

"I don't know who you are..." Burst said to Blitz Surge. "But I want answers out of you when we're done here."

"Hmph. Fair enough." Blitz said with a shrug. He then launched another magical slash from his sword. But Burst's eyes went wide when he saw what was in the slash's path! Burst unleashed his own energy slash that snuffed out Blitz's! Blitz frowned in annoyance. "Why do you interfere with my attacks? Isn't it your goal to defeat the creature?"

Burst scowled. "Are you really that careless?" Burst snuck a glance, and relaxed a bit when he saw the civilians that were in the slash's path flee to safety. "We're gonna have a talk once we're done here. But now? I think I'll wrap this up!" Burst activated Bahamut Aether, and slashed the bugbear across the chest! The bugbear roared in pain, and cradled the wound. Burst then pointed to the direction of the forest. "Leave." The bugbear slowly lumbered off towards the forest. "I don't think we'll be seeing him again."

"I'm certain of that." Blitz said as he channeled magic around his sword, and aimed his sights at the bugbear! "I'll see to it."

Burst's eyes went wide! "NO!" Burst grabbed onto Blitz, and forced him to fire the attack into the air! "What in tartarus was that?!"

"Fool!" Blitz snapped! "You would let that beast live?"

Burst scowled. "It's just an animal! It doesn't know any better! And we beat it! There wasn't any need to attack it anymore! And what was with you earlier?! There were people in the path of your attack! If the bugbear dodged, they would've gotten hurt!"

"They would've been acceptable collateral." Blitz said flatly.

Burst was furious! "COLLATERAL?!" Burst then grabbed Blitz! "I don't know how you think this hero thing works, but we always make sure to show restraint and caution when fighting in populated areas! Our job's to protect people! And how can we call ourselves protectors if we put them in greater harm?!"

"You would sacrifice fame for the well being of a few random people?" Blitz asked. "I'm sure our father would have done what I did."

Burst got right in Blitz's face, and stared Blitz right in the eye. "Who. Are. You?"

"I am Blitz Surge." Blitz answered. "And I must say. You're certainly disappointing. Brother. My mother certainly was correct in comparing your appearance to our father." Abyss slowly approached Blitz. "I trust you've already met?"

Burst looked at Abyss, and pulled out his phone. He then called his father. Aether. "Dad? I think your old flame's kept a few details from you. You NEED to see this. Trust me Dad. You won't believe it. Even if you're looking right at it." Not a few minutes later, Aether landed before Burst.

"I'm here son. What seems to be the-" Aether froze when he saw Abyss and Blitz. "...Problem?"

Abyss smiled. "Hello again Aether. There's someone I'd like you to meet." She then gestured to Blitz. "Isn't he wonderful?"

"Hello. Father." Blitz said with a proud smile.

Aether looked to Abyss. "...No. He can't be my son. He isn't!"

"Why not?" Abyss asked.

Aether then pointed to Abyss! "Because I never took things that far with you!"

"Oh, but Aether. He IS our son." Abyss replied. "Do you remember when I said that I had a little piece of you to remember you by? Well, I used that piece with my magic to make Blitz Surge." Aether's jaw dropped in shock! "True. He was not born naturally. But nonetheless, he deserves the love that I provide as his mother."

Blitz then stepped up to Aether. "And now I wish my family to be complete." He then knelt before. "Aether Stream. My father. I've come to seek your approval. I wish to be recognized as your son! And that you hail me as a hero!"

Aether was silent for a full minute. Guilt was heavy in his eyes. "And just what have you done that merits you being declared a hero?"

"I engaged the monster that attacked this town." Blitz answered. "I was about to finish it off. Until my brother decided to interfere." Blitz spared a glance at Burst.

Aether nodded. "Rise." Blitz stood to his feet, and Aether looked his "son" right in the eye. "I recognize you as my son. But I will not declare you a hero."

"...What." Blitz was in shock! "But...but I was going to slay the monster! The people would have cheered to celebrate my victory!"

Aether shook his head. "If Burst intervened in your fight, I don't believe he did so without good reason. But isn't it enough for you to be my son? I won't lie that I feel guilt that I have been...absent in your life. That I was unaware of your existence. But I wish to make up for that now. Isn't this what you want? The love of your father?"

Blitz was silent as he looked at Burst, and then returned his gaze to Aether's pleading eyes. "....I suppose."

"Then welcome. My son." Aether said with a relieved smile as he pulled Blitz into a hug. "Now come. I believe we all have a wedding to attend."

Before they all headed into the town hall, Burst and Blitz stared at each other. "Hey." Burst called out. "You've got some pretty sweet moves. But you need to work on some restraint. There's more to being a hero than you think."

"Maybe there's less to it than you say there is." Blitz retorted as he went inside.

Burst shook his head. "Wonder if he's going to be another Shining Dawn."

Inside, Blitz caught sight of Luna and walked over to her. "Well. It appears our paths cross once more."

"Oh! You!" Luna said with a blush! "I...did not think I would encounter you again so soon!"

Celestia smirked. "Luna? You didn't tell me you were seeing someone. So who might be the one who's stolen my sister's heart?"

"Blitz Surge. A pleasure, your highness." Blitz said with a bow. "I believe you're quite well aqcuainted with my brother."

"Of course she is! I'm dating her!" Burst called out as he grabbed the seat between Celestia and Moon. He then put his arms around both of them. "As well as this lovely dream."

Blitz smirked. "It seems if nothing else, we share good taste in women." Blitz then sat down beside Luna. "Of course, I have always favored the night more."

"Huh. Guess he's got something to care for." Burst muttered as he saw Blitz flirt with Luna. "I hope Luna can set him straight."