• Published 13th Oct 2017
  • 666 Views, 159 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 5 - Bahamut0



Burst and hif friends pretty much have the best life possible. However, a new player has entered the scene. Calling himself "The Element of Justice". But why is he here? And why does he seem fixated on Burst Stream?

  • ...
9
 159
 666

Episode 19: "Brothers"

For Burst Stream, it was any other day. Sitting around, playing videogames while Nightmare Moon occupied herself with either a book or one of his various handheld consoles. However, Burst's gaming was soon interrupted by a knock on the door. "Odd. I'm not expecting anyone." Burst paused his game, and answered the door. He immediately frowned when he saw who was at the door. Blitz Surge. Burst then promptly slammed the door shut. Only to hear knocking once again. Burst sighed as he opened the door, and saw Princess Luna standing with Blitz. "Luna? What're you doing up at this hour?" Burst then shot a dirty look at Blitz. "I'm guessing this creep's got something to do with it?"

"Well he IS courting me." Luna said proudly.

Moon immediately zipped over to the door and got right in Luna's face! "WHAT?!" Moon then looked from Luna to Blitz. "Luna. Just what do you see in this creep?!"

"What are you talking about?" Luna asked.

Moon facepalmed before letting out a groan. "Luna. HE'S the one who nearly fried Sombra's mind! Not to mention he was pretty reckless when the bugbear was attacking not a few weeks ago!" Moon narrowed her eyes as she glared at Blitz. "I've got a bad feeling about him."

"I didn't know you had a taste for the dark side 'brother'." Blitz scoffed. "Though I don't see why you wasted any time at all on a-" Blitz went silent when he was staring down the barrel of one of Burst's blasters. And Burst's gaze said everything. He was pissed off.

"Finish that sentence." Burst said coldly. "By all means, go on. Finish your thought. I'm just dying to know what you were going to call her." Burst then got in Blitz's face. "Normally I'm the nicest guy on the face of the planet. But I don't tolerate any bullshit. Friends who treat each other horribly. People who talk crap about my family. But above all?" Burst flashed his nightmare form's eyes. "I'll NEVER tolerate anyone who decides to demean the people I love." Burst backed off. "Besides. Saying Moon's not worth my effort is like saying Luna's not yours. You do know those two are tied together pretty closely, right?"

Blitz dusted himself off. "I came here to see how you spend your leisure time. Maybe there's something tolerable about you."

"Gee. Didn't know you cared." Burst said coldly. "Well I was in the middle of playing videogames." Burst led Blitz inside, and showed him the game. "Was just playing Transformers: Devastation." Burst then sat down, and resumed playing.

Blitz shot a puzzled look at Burst. "You still enjoy such things from your childhood? At your age?"

"Did you EVER have a childhood?" Burst asked as he paused the game, and glared at Blitz. "Or did you waste all your time trying to be like Dad? Sure, he might've trained a lot. But he never forgot to have fun. Besides, there's no shame in still liking something from your childhood. I still watch Power Rangers and I know all the theme songs. I still collect and play with Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. What do you do in your free time? Train?" Burst sighed. "Here's hoping Luna gets you to loosen up."

Blitz shook his head. "I have spent some time courting the fair Luna."

"Then why don't you just date her already?" Burst asked in an annoyed tone. "Seriously. You just flirting with her can't last forever. Sooner or later, you gotta step it up!"

Blitz blinked. "You would leap into a relationship with no plan present?"

Burst sighed, and paused his game once again. "Look Blitz. Love's like a battlefield. You gotta go in with everything you've got, and from there it's all improvised. Sure. Sometimes you'll get knocked around. But love hurts sometimes. I should know." Burst's mind reflected upon the instance he and Celestia were momentarily broken-up. "You'll never know if things are gonna work out unless you jump in and try to build something up. Now get out."

"Fine." Blitz said with a scowl. "I'll see just how well your methods work. If only to prove how foolish they are. Are you done here Luna?"

Luna nodded and left with Blitz. However, she was pretty cross. "You had no right to speak to Moon like that you know."

"Why are you showing such concern for her?" Blitz asked with a frown. "Isn't she your greatest source of pain? Wasn't she responsible for your banishment and Celestia knowing great sorrow in your absence?"

Luna slapped Blitz across the face! "Listen well. She alone is not to blame for the events of one thousand years ago. I created her with the intent of having a friend who could give me the time my sister couldn't afford to. But my anger and jealousy accidentally warped her. Anger and envy born out of Celestia's neglect and ignorance. Nightmare Moon simply wanted to make me happy. My sister and I hold just as much blame as she does. Burst saw that. He sees the good in everyone." Luna gave a disappointed sigh. "And I really want to see it in you too."

Blitz was completely silent. But his inner state was a stark contrast to his outer demeanor. "I AM good. I'm better than Burst because I'm doing what he failed to do." Blitz then cupped Luna's face. "Making you happy after your return."

"I suppose...that makes some form of sense." Luna said with a small smile. "I certainly wouldn't mind being a bit...closer to you."

Blitz smiled. "Need a bodyguard?"

"I'll...consider recommending you." Luna said with a blush.