• Published 13th Oct 2017
  • 671 Views, 159 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 5 - Bahamut0



Burst and hif friends pretty much have the best life possible. However, a new player has entered the scene. Calling himself "The Element of Justice". But why is he here? And why does he seem fixated on Burst Stream?

  • ...
9
 159
 671

Episode 3: Home Sweet Home

Twilight stirred as she rose from her bed. And she couldn't help but sigh as she woke up and headed for the kitchen. She and her friends had just visited a village where all the villagers were pretty much a cult. And on top of that, she still felt out of place in her castle. True, she didn't mind living here. However, the loss of her library was still fairly fresh in her mind.

Nightfall and Spike looked up from the breakfast they had prepared, and smiled. "Morning Twilight." Nightfall said with a smile. "Thought you might appreciate some breakfast after what you and the girls went through."

"Thanks Night." Twilight said with a smile as she kissed Nightfall. "I'll serve myself." Twilight poured herself some coffee, and stacked up a few pancakes. However, both Nightfall took note of Twilight's mood.

"Hey, is everything alright Twilight?" Nightfall asked. "You're looking kind of down still."

Twilight perked up a bit at hearing this. "Oh. I guess I'm still getting used to this castle. It feels a bit more like home with you and Spike here. But the old library had so many memories attached to it."

"Hmm." Nightfall stroked his chin in thought. "I'm gonna take a walk. You know. Get my stomach settled." Nightfall grabbed his signature oil-stained lab coat, and headed out the door. Quickly texting the rest of the Main 6 to meet up at the town square. Nightfall smiled at seeing them gathering. "Glad you all could make it. I've gotta ask, have any of you noticed Twilight trying to stay out of her castle as much as possible?"

Fluttershy nodded. "Actually, yes. She does seem to be hesitant to return to her castle. I noticed it after she was helping me bathe my animal friends."

"I was afraid of that." Nightfall said with a sigh. "The old library getting destroyed is still pretty fresh in her mind. So many of her memories are attached to that place. And now that it's gone? It's hard for her to get used to a new place."

Rarity furrowed her brow at hearing this. "But darling, aren't you her boyfriend now? Surely with you and Spike by her side the castle must feel like home."

"True enough. But we're only two people." Nightfall said sadly. "The library? That's where all of you have shared so many memories. Twilight's gone on for hours about the times she'd spend with all of you at the library. And I'll admit I've got my share of fond memories of the library too." Nightfall then looked to each of the girls. "That's why I need your help. I want to make Twilight's castle feel more like home."

Applejack walked over, and patted Nightfall on the back. "We're with ya sugarcube! And Ah think we all know how we can make Twilight's castle more like home! C'mon!" And with that, the girls took Nightfall along for the ride as they grabbed various items that they felt would make Twilight's castle feel more like home. However, Nightfall noticed something off about the various items the rest of the Main 6 had gathered and started to place around the castle. Namely that they all reflected the girls' tastes. And the girls soon noticed too as they found that their styles all clashed with each other. "Girls? I don't think this is gonna work."

"True." Rarity said with a nod as she looked over the clashing styles. "Maybe we could all do with a little bit of removal of all this clutter?" The group nodded in agreement, and started to remove their styles piece by piece. Satisfied only when all the clutter was completely removed.

Rainbow Dash sighed. "Well, great. Now we're back to square one."

"Maybe...that's where we need to be." Nightfall said as he scratched his chin in thought. "Think about it. Where was the place all of you felt at home? The place where your memories with Twilight originate?"

The girls' eyes went wide with realization. "I know where that is!" Pinkie chirped as she grabbed the group, and dashed off to the remains of the Golden Oak Library.

"Well we're where we need tah be." Applejack noted. "But there's not much we can do with it. There's nothing left but the stump."

Rarity slowly smiled. "I think that just might be what we need." About an hour or two later, a chandelier made of the roots adorned with gems that were imbued with Twilight's memories. "I think this should just about do it!" The group then set the chandelier above the cutie map, and surprised Twilight with it! Nightfall smiled as he saw Twilight smile.

Now for my own surprise for Twilight. Nightfall thought as he retreated to his workshop. Working on his own gift to the Princess of Friendship.

One week later
"Still keeping your eyes closed Twilight?" Nightfall asked with a smile as he kept his hands over Twilight's eyes.

Twilight giggled. "I don't have to since you're still covering them with your hands!" Twilight placed one of her hands over Nightfall's. "Night, just what is this surprise you have for me?"

"You're about to find out. We're here." Nightfall answered as he removed his hands. "Though it's gone, it stands forever in our memories." Twilight's jaw dropped. Before her stood a hologram of Golden Oaks Library with a plaque dedicated to it on a pedestal. "I know you always see it here. So I wanted to make sure everyone else did too." Nightfall was caught off-guard when Twilight tackled him with a hug. "So...did you like it?"

Twilight was starting to cry tears of joy as she planted her lips on Nightfall's. "I love it. Ironic that the Element of Heart's stolen mine."

"What can I say?" Nightfall said with a smirk. "Like I said before, you've enchanted me. Say, you think your sister in-law ships us?"

Twilight giggled. "If she does, I bet she ships us hard. But enough talking. More lip-lock."

"By your command princess." Nightfall said playfully before resuming their kiss.