• Published 13th Oct 2017
  • 675 Views, 159 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 5 - Bahamut0



Burst and hif friends pretty much have the best life possible. However, a new player has entered the scene. Calling himself "The Element of Justice". But why is he here? And why does he seem fixated on Burst Stream?

  • ...
9
 159
 675

Episode 21: Nightmare's Light

Another year had come and gone, and Nightmare Night had arrived in the fall. Like his friends, Burst was planning on dressing up for the festival. However, he noticed one person that was close to him seemed to be in a less than enthusiastic mood. "Hey Moon? Are you alright?"

Nightmare Moon shook her head. "Oh, it's nothing Burst. Just...not feeling in all that happy a mood right now."

"I'd say it's a bit deeper than that." Burst said with a frown. "It's because of what night it is, right? Nobody's gonna run away from you screaming. Especially since you've moved far from your past! Heck, Celestia and Luna considered cancelling the holiday because it might bring up bad memories you had!"

Moon smiled. "Awfully considerate of them. But, that's not why I'd rather not celebrate." Moon then looked out the window. "No. The fact is that tonight's supposed to be for Luna. True. My face is on a lot of the decorations out there. But the Nightmare Moon whose legend is told to the kids isn't me. It's not my night. And I've got no right to take it away from Luna."

"Luna really means a lot to you, doesn't she?" Burst asked.

Moon nodded. "Yes. She's the whole reason I exist in the first place. In a lot of ways, I owe her my life. I've taken away her smile once." Moon then held herself. "That's something I swore I'd never do again." She then looked Burst in the eyes, and giggled. "Sometimes I'm half tempted to call her 'Mom' just to mess with her." Moon then walked over to Burst. "Hey. Don't let me stop you from having a good time tonight. Wouldn't be fair if I kept you while your friends are out there. So don't let me keep you." Burst reluctantly left to change into his costume, that being a fusion of Ike from Fire Emblem and Dante from DMC.

"Alright. But I really think you should come with me."

As soon as Burst was out the door, Moon sighed and looked at her own costume stashed away in the closet. "Maybe it couldn't hurt if I go in costume. It covers up all of me, so if I hide my wings nobody should find me out." Moon slipped on her costume. That being Samus in her power suit. And with that, she headed to the festival.

Upon arriving, Moon caught sight of the usual crowd gathered for the announcements. However, something very unusual was present. Namely Fluttershy being out on the night she disliked the most. What's gotten into her that has her going out tonight of all nights? Moon then surveyed the crowd, and noticed something else odd. They all seemed to be waiting. But for what? She soon found her answer as Zecora told everyone of her legend. However, this was also very different from what Moon had expected. As opposed to the tale of Nightmare Moon scouring the night looking for a meal, this legend told of her safeguarding dreams and sleep. What's going on? That's not the story I saw being told before I got my own body!

Sure enough, Zecora led a group of children to the Nightmare Moon statue outside of town. However, the kids left candy and saying thanks for Moon protecting them in their sleep. Even Celestia and Luna showed up. Celestia dressed up as Trish while Luna was dressed up as Sailor Moon. Celestia leaving a piece of cake. Some of the kids asked the princesses if Moon would actually show up.

Celestia sighed sadly. "I'm afraid not children. It looks like Princess Moon won't be showing up tonight."

"Indeed." Luna said sadly. "Such a shame. You all put so much thought into leaving her sweets."

Moon smiled under her helmet. "Oh...I wouldn't be too sure about that." Moon slipped off her helmet. "Sorry to keep you all waiting!" Moon then walked over to the pile of candy left at her statue, and popped a piece into her mouth. "Hope you didn't give me all the good stuff from your hauls!" Moon was then surprised when the kids started cheering for her. And she couldn't help but giggle at seeing them happy. "Thank you. All of you. Now it's my turn to give you all a little something." Moon flared her magic, and a shower of stardust fell over town! Everyone cheered in delight! "Happy Nightmare Night!" Moon called out proudly. And with that, the party was in full swing! Celestia giving up Burst to Moon for a special dance. Moon was wearing a Zero Suit Samus costume under her power suit. Freeing up more of her so she could enjoy the dance. "Thanks." Moon whispered into Burst's ear.

"What'd I do?" Burst asked.

Moon giggled as she pulled Burst closer to her body. "For lighting up my life. Especially tonight." And that was Moon's best night ever.

Author's Note:

I am sooo sorry I couldn't roll this chapter out for Halloween! But better late than never!