• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 3,357 Views, 170 Comments

War in Equestria: The Tale of Bright Blade - Michael_Ravencroft



An evil long kept secret rises from the depths, threatening war on Equestria, and all hope lies with a young colt...Bright Blade and the Elements of Harmony must work together to defeat an army of demon ponies and save their world from darkness!

  • ...
17
 170
 3,357

Chapter 35

Chapter 35: Revelations

***5 minutes later***

Queen Chrysalis was flying for her life, using her evil magic to enhance her speed, turning the ruler of the Changelings into a green energy comet. The ponies were on her tail every step of the way, lobbing chunks of earth, firing multicolored beams of light, discharging electrical blasts, and raining down powerful destructive spells in an attempt to stop her.

I can't believe this is happening! I'm running like a dog with its tail between its legs! I will not be chased like some lowly beast!!! Queen Chrysalis's comet form did a one-eighty, and then dispersed to reveal the ruler in all her splendor. Her pursuers stopped in their tracts, each one ready to unleash an attack at the slightest change in her stance.

"It's over Chrysalis, just give up and surrender quietly," ordered Princess Celestia.

"NEVER!!! I'll never let myself be taken in by you ponies! You'll have to kill me, but at least I'll still have my pride as Queen of the Changelings!" Chrysalis's horn began to shine violently with green magical energy, the fierceness and rage in her slit cat-like eyes reflecting in the light of her horn.

"That won't be necessary Chrysalis…"

The entire area was hit with a powerful field of pressure. Even with the golden armor, and enhanced powers,they were finding it hard to stay standing. The blue sky became darkened with storm clouds, lightning flashing and thunder rumbling, the heavens and the earth shook in fear at what was about to come. Behind Queen Chrysalis a giant pillar of dark magical energy shot into the sky!

Twilight's mind's eye stared into the Mana Network, and what she saw almost made her sick, in both body and soul. The Network was being twisted, as if trying to go against the evil that was rising up, but there was no stopping what was coming. The body of a silver and black armored alicorn slowly ascending from the pillar, above him floated seven orbs, each one glowing with an energy that was just as sickly as the dark magic. For a brief moment, perhaps not as brief as Twilight would've liked, she saw something, as if Tikara Balak's physical form had been stripped away and let show the true monster within. She quickly wrenched back her mind from the image and turned her focus inward. What – what was that, and what are those things!? Tikara Balak wasn't this powerful even with my armor on!!

The pillar disappeared from sight, leaving Tikara Balak to flap his mighty silver wings. The seven orbs each glowed with their own unique energy, they felt just wrong. Tikara Balak lowered his gaze down to the group of ponies below, his head then turned in the direction of Queen Chrysalis."Chrysalis…you're not looking so good."

"Lord Tikara! Please forgive me for having you see me in such a state! I –!" Chrysalis was finally able to take a good look at what was floating near Tikara Balak, and it caused a menacing smile to arch across her face. "They…they are complete!?" The dark alicorn nodded, with that she turned to face the lot. "Now is the time of great reckoning! Behold the fruits of lord Tikara's labors, The Elements of Darkness!!!"

"Elements –," started Princess Celestia.

"– of Darkness," finished Princess Luna.

"Yes…Behold you all, one of the seven Elements of Darkness…" The orange glowing orb separated from the others and hovered over Tikara's left shoulder. "The Element of Pain…!"

The orb fired a beam of dark-orange energy, its target, unaware of the attack, was struck with its full force. Queen Chrysalis howled, screamed, and wailed as her body was racked with a sense of pain that was thought unreachable. Every pain receptor in Chrysalis's body ignited at once, burning, stabbing, tearing, breaking, cutting, throbbing, and many other sensations roared through her. The Changeling Queen fell to the ground, almost literally smashing her head into the ground repeatedly in some desperate attempt to stop the anguish she was feeling.

"MAKE IT STOP, IT HURTS – IT HURRRRRRTTTTTTSSSSSS!!!!!! SOMEONE – ANYONE – KILL ME," shouted Queen Chrysalis.

The group from Fort Avalon could only stand by and watch this horrifying scene take place, looks of disgust and empathetic winces, each of them wishing for her torment to stop. At last Tikara Balak cut off the beam, and surveyed his work. Chrysalis had no wounds on her body, but with every movement she made it was obvious that she was in a catastrophic amount of pain. She turned her head towards the dark alicorn, with sorrowful pleading eyes. "L-lord T-Tikara…why…what h-have I done to-to anger you…?"

"Nothing my dear, simply put I no longer require your services," said Tikara Balak.

"I-I thought…that you –"

"That I loved you? HA! I know you feed on love Chrysalis, but whatever you felt, believe me, was not love. And honestly speaking I had no such feelings for a disgusting creature like you! All you were was an asset, a fly on the wall that I allowed to buzz about, and now it's time to swat you!"

The Element of Pain started to glow once again, Chrysalis, in her weakened state, reached out towards the ponies, her sworn enemies. "H-help…meeee…please…"

The beam fired and Chrysalis once again let loose her tortured screams. The Queen fell silent; her eyes now dull and blank. Her body went limp and collapsed to the ground. Queen Chrysalis, ruler of the Changelings, was dead. All this was too much for Rainbow Dash to handle as she stared at Tikara Balak with more hate than she ever felt. "How could you do that, she was your ally, she fought for your side!!! To just kill her like that, didn't you even care!!!?"

"I can tell this is really getting to you, Element of Loyalty, but no, and it was fairly easy."

"What are those things, and how did you create them," asked Twilight angrily.

"I'm glad you asked Twilight Sparkle, because all of you had a hoof in creating them…For instance," The green glowing orb floated up beside the Element of Pain, both of which were on Tikara's left side."This one here is the Element of Greed. I extracted this little beauty from you, Spike."

All eyes shifted towards Spike, who now had a look of disbelief on his face. "You're kidding me right!? There's no way you could've –!" Suddenly the memory returned to him, the time when he fought against his dark half and ripped a jewel from his chest and crushed it. "No…you mean that that was –!?"

"Yes, cultivated from your dragon greed, I must say I was surprised when Discord told me what happened, very gutsy move. Now this one I think you Rainbow Dash and Applejack, will remember fondly…" The blue orb floated down and next to Tikara's right side. "This is the Element of Hate; Gilda was particularly useful in gathering your hate as well as her own into this gem."

"Ya mean ya set up Gilda, just so ya could get that," shouted Applejack.

"You turned her into a monster, and made us kill her for nothing," said Rainbow Dash, her voice trembling with rage.

"Remember, she came to me, and no not for nothing." The next orb, yellow in color, floated next to the Element of Hate, and another, red in color, floated next to the Element of Greed. "I think, Twilight Sparkle, that you'll be familiar with these two. Meet the Element of Pride, compliments of Trixie Lulamoon." The yellow orb shined. "And this one, the Element of Rage, gathered from your impressive display in your duel with Trixie!" The red orb shined as well.

"You used us, all of us, to create these monstrosities! This whole war – has been for nothing but to create those things," asked Twilight in disgust.

"Mostly, I needed my Daemoni to spread as much pain and suffering as possible, to which I used to create the Element of Pain. Discord's release was also part of that, how else was I going to create my Element of Chaos!?" The dark alicorn allowed them a moment to comprehend what he just said, it didn't take them long to realize that the Element was…was…!

"You're sick Tikara Balak, killing and manipulating your own generals for your own gain," growled Bright Blade.

"Oh don't think you're excluded from this, Construct…" Bright Blade flinched upon hearing that word, something that did not go unnoticed by the evil alicorn. "The seventh and last Element, this last orb represents the Element of Despair! Chrysalis did a good job in making you all believe that Bright Blade was created by me, and that he was evil. The great despair in your heart, so potent, and strong, gave birth to this!"

The Element of Despair shined with a powerful light, as if to say "I am here, I am all powerful!" Bright Blade looked upon this Element and cringed, he could feel this thing clash with his own aura, and at the same time resonate with him. "I don't care what plans you have for me Tikara Balak! You will not get any more help from me!"

"My plans…? Your role up till now is over little Construct, anything else you and your Element has planned for you is beyond my understanding at this time," announced Tikara. Everypony blinked at that statement, "…your Element…" It didn't make sense.

"Bright Blade doesn't have an Element, there are only six Elements of Harmony, duh," said Pinkie Pie.

At this, Celestia and Luna shifted uncomfortably, a very noticeable reaction by both the group and Tikara Balak. "Aaaahhh~ so you haven't told them have you Celestia, Luna?"

"Told us what," asked Bright Blade.

"Come now Princesses, we both know that there are more than six Elements of Harmony, why haven't you told them about the seventh?"

Celestia and Luna looked at each other, stunned, and unable to form a sentence. "It's not possible…How in Equestria do you know –!?"

"TELL THEM THE TRUTH!!!" Tikara's roar echoed across the field, causing them all to back up.

The co-rulers looked to their loyal subjects, a mixture of puzzled and scared looks were evident on their faces. The royal sisters could tell that there was no way out of this; Tikara Balak had said something that they had been keeping secret from all of them, another secret that they had kept from their friends. It was with a heavy sigh that Celestia spoke first.

"'When darkness covers the land, when all light is blanketed by evil and despair, hopes light will shine and burn the darkness,' those were the last words our mother, Epona, spoke to us before she died. When the Elements of Harmony were created there were seven, not six, as some texts would have you believe."

"Magic, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty, Loyalty, Kindness, and…Hope, the final Element, disappeared after the battle, leaving behind the other six. Celestia and I had no idea where it had gone or when it would return, but even now we haven't seen…it…" Luna's words trailed off as soon as her mind made the connection. And it seemed that Celestia made the connection as well.

"Say hello, Element of Hope, Bright Blade of Hopes Light!" Bright Blade's eyes went wide as saucers, his pupils reduced to the size of pinpricks. "Chrysalis wasn't lying when she said you were a Construct, I just didn't tell her who's Construct you really were. Come now you must've seen the signs, the other Elements power suddenly being amplified and giving you all special powers and armor, Excellion appearing before you when you call, and the fact that you can transform into an alicorn!"

Bright Blade was now shaking, trembling where he stood; this was the reason, for everything. His lost memories, the reason his friends had falsified memories, his powers, all of it. Twilight could see this and tried to speak to him, but Bright Blade had mentally shut down, all outside attempts to reach him had little to no response. The Princesses looked to Bright Blade, and were instantly filled with regret and hurt for not figuring this fact out sooner.

"Why have you done all of this Tikara Balak, how is it that you know such things, and have the ability to create your own Elements," asked Princess Luna.

"Why, did you think only mother had such knowledge and power, Lulu?"

The world went still; Celestia and Luna glanced at each other, and then back at Tikara Balak. Both of them shaking their heads, pushing out a thought that was too horrible to consider even if there was a possibility, it just couldn't be true. The armor around Tikara Balak's face disappeared in a wisp of smoke, his gleaming yellow eyes now dimmed, the face of their enemy was now known to them, which elicited a gasp of surprise from the Princesses.

"It's been a long time, Tia, Lulu…"

"Arion…" said Celestia in a daze.

"This…this cannot be true…you were killed, we saw you," said Luna.

"That's impossible! The bad guy is the Princesses older brother," shouted Fluttershy.

"Okay, I'm officially confused," stated Pinkie Pie.

"It's not all that complicated, when our mother unleashed the power of the Elements of Harmony and tried to kill me I found an opening, and teleported myself away from you all! I won't lie though; I was weak from the encounter, drained even. So I hid in the one place where I knew neither of you could find me, Tarturus! For thousands of years I've been lying and waiting, recovering my strength and preparing to make my escape, till I did, almost a hundred years ago."

"You've been running around Equestria for a hundred years now!? Then why haven't we seen hide nor hair of you," asked Rarity.

"I've been very discreet, influencing certain events here and there. I was saddened to hear of your imprisonment Lulu," Tikara Balak teleported himself to Luna's side, making everypony clear a space from her. "Don't you have something to say to me?"

"W-what do you mean?"

"It was I who released you from your lunar prison. Don't you remember the prophecy? 'On the longest day, of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about nighttime eternal…'"

"It was you who freed Nightmare Moon," shouted Twilight flabbergasted.

"Indeed, it was also I who released Queen Chrysalis and her Changeling minions years later from Tarturus. All to slowly set up for my Master Plan…"

"And what in the hay is yer 'Master Plan!?'"

"The rebirth of a new world!" If they didn't think Tikara Balak was crazy before, they definitely thought that now. "When mother created the Elements of Harmony it got me thinking, Tia, Lulu, and I all share a bit of our mother's power, so we must also be able to create Elements of our own! Of course I wasn't about to pour all my life force into their creation, so I played the part of the gardener, spreading the seeds and cultivating the exact energies I needed! And now, with these Elements of Darkness, I will wipe the slate clean and using the Elements of Harmony rebuild this world in my image!" The storm clouds let loose thunder and lightning at the end of his proclamation, causing the others to flinch. Tikara then strode forward, standing a foot away, he then looked at his two sisters, for the first time, his face was gentle, almost brotherly. "But I don't wish to rule alone…"

"You don't mean?"

"Brother…?"

"I know how you felt all those years ago, both of you, I couldn't give you the affection you wanted then, but now I want us to rule this world together! Just as it was always meant to be! I love you both, I cannot bear the thought of not having the two of you at my side," Tikara extended his right hoof towards his little sisters, smiling warmly. "Tia, Lulu, will you join me?"

For a moment the Princesses hesitated, tears flowing down their faces, trying to take in what Tikara, Arion, had just said. All these years the royal sisters thought their older brother was dead, the one they loved more than anypony, was now standing before them, offering to be a family again, more than that, he wanted to rule with him. The ponies watched as the rulers of their land wrestled with the emotions in their hearts, wondering with dread if they would truly forsake their fellow equines for this once in an immortal's lifetime opportunity. The long silence finally ended when Celestia stepped forward.

"Arion, seeing you here before me, fills me with a joy that I can't express with words alone. I…I felt guilty for telling you how I felt about you, even knowing how much Luna loved you…Such an offer is enticing, but you are not the Arion I once loved! He died the day you came into existence; all you are is an entity that inhabits his body! I will never accept you Tikara Balak, or your offer!" Celestia stamped her hoof on the ground causing a small seismic quake to spread outwards.

"As always, my little sister, you put the needs of your subjects and the world before your own. A quality I've always respected, but one that can cost your own happiness…" Tikara put down his hoof and turned to the youngest of the siblings. "And you, Lulu, what is your answer? Don't you miss the times when we created the most beautiful of nights together?"

Through tear filled eyes she spoke. "You wear the face of somepony I once loved, but that is all it is, a mask! I will never love a creature like you, nor will I aid you!"

That rejection of his sisters seemed to sting the dark alicorn. "I see…I expected no less from the two of you. I'm proud to call you my sisters…" Tikara Balak flapped his wings and returned to the floating Elements of Darkness. Immediately his hurt expression turned to one of sinister intent. "But unfortunately I care about you two too much, and my plan really does call for us all to rule together. So I guess on to plan B!"

All seven of the Elements of Darkness positioned themselves in front of Tikara Balak. The Element of Despair took the center while the other six orbited in a circle around it, the Elements glowed with power, the center one amplifying the other six and in turn amplifying the center. Their power roared to life as a unified beam burst forth. The united colors of the Elements formed a beam of sparkling dark energy that was aimed at the group.

Celesita and Luna noticed the true target of Tikara Balak's attack. They used their combined magic to force the others away from them, clearing a ten foot radius of space. The beam from the Elements of Darkness struck the Princesses, surrounding them in a vortex of negatively charged mana. Celestia and Luna could feel the energy of the evil Elements corrupting them to their very core, and fighting it with every inch of their souls. They screamed and wailed as the power of the Elements corrupted them.

"The more you fight it the worse it feels, let the Elements of Darkness empower you, let it fill every fiber of your being!"

"PRINCESS CELESTIA, PRINCESS LUNA," shouted Twilight.

The vortex completely consumed the Princesses, barring them from sight. An explosion occurred that made the entire area grow cold. What was left was a sphere of dark energy that sat in place of where the Princesses once stood. Tikara smiled evilly as the Elements of Darkness each returned to floating around him. "My little ponies, I believe you already know one of my sisters…her other persona…" From the sphere cantered out the Princess of Eternal Night, a mare of whom which struck fear in the hearts of foals and adult ponies alike. Her misty, star speckled, mane and tail undulated, as her cyan, slit, cat-like eyes scanned the ponies before her. "Nightmare Moon, I'm happy to see you again my dear."

"Brother, it's been too long," said Nightmare Moon as she stretched her limps.

"And now allow me to introduce to you my other sister, a pony like none you've ever seen!"

The sphere dissipated and revealed the final inhabitant inside. Her mane was blood red fire, and raging, like a condensed super nova. Her body was almost transparent, but at the core burned a new born sun. Her eyes were slit like Nightmare Moon's, but the color was different, yellow slits surrounded by burning embers. The regalia still retained its golden color; on her chest piece was the image of an orange sun.

"My name is Phantasma Sun, bringer of Everlasting Daylight, the ghost which haunts your every step, and steals the light from within."

"This can't be happening," said Rarity.

"Oh but it is, Element of Generosity. Now my sisters join me at my side, as it always was meant to be!" The two, now turned, royal sisters rose up to meet Tikara Balak in the air. Taking their place at his right and left side, the trio alicorns looked down upon the bewildered ponies, at the faces of blatant discouragement. This was something that none of them thought possible! "And now it is time, rise up; rise up my Altar of Calamity!"

Applejack suddenly felt something under her hooves, as if the ground was speaking to her, she listened closely. Her eyes went wide as she shouted aloud, "SOMETHING'S COMIN' UP, BRACE YOURSELVES!"

All around them the ground shook violently, far off in the distance behind the three alicorns, fissures began to splinter in all directions. The ground caved in on itself, crumbling to bits as something began to rise up from the depths. It was some sort of structure, made of dark gray stone. A temple measuring a thousand feet in height, a long staircase led up to an opening, further up was a large ornate platform, situated atop a giant obelisk. There were at least eight sharp pillars jetting up from different positions on the temple, the pillars acted as lightning rods, pulling in the various electrical discharges from the sky. It was menacing, terrifying, bringing up every bad feeling within the body just from looking at it.

"Upon this day I declare my supremacy over all of Equestria, neigh, the world itself! Prepare all of you, the birth of a new world is about to take place, and it will start with the giving of your lives and relinquishing your Elements of Harmony!"The Element of Chaos responded to his will, unleashing a blast of violet chaotic energy at the group.

"Protegat antiquorum spiritus, Maximo AEGIS!" Twilight's magic shield formed a few feet in front of them.

"Saphir" From the six jewels orbiting Rarity, the blue crystal flew off and embedded itself in Twilight's shield. The blue crystal shined brightly, making the shield grow twice its normal size and beaming with enhanced power.

The beam smashed against the Aegis shield and pushed it back, the shield was already showing signs of strain, cracks spewing mana energy were becoming visible. Phantasma Sun and Nightmare Moon laughed at the pathetic attempt of the ponies to stop their brother's attack. At that moment the Aegis shield burst apart, sending the Saphir gem back to Rarity. They all braced themselves for the inevitable destructive pain that was heading their way.

"Shield of the Just!"

At that moment Bright Blade's shield intercepted the attack head on. The beam itself was pushed back now, completely repelling the Element of Chaos's power. Tikara Balak stopped the blast. Bright Blade gripped Excellion in his teeth, stepping forward and putting himself between his friends and the evil alicorn trio.

"You aren't the only one with a sword…" Tikara Balak's energy flared up, as the clouds above swirled into a spiral above them. "Come to me o sword of destruction, hear me now as I call you to action! Raze this land to the ground! Bring an end to their Utopia, my mighty sword Umbara!" From the center of the swirling clouds a black lightning bolt shot down, the bolt stopped in front of Tikara as the black lightning formed into a weapon. The sword was double-edged, with four sharp points on each end, and a primary long point, the shape of it resembled something like solidified fire, black with a single red stripe that ran from the tip to the guard. The guard itself was silver and W shaped, with a black leather wrapped hilt.

"You have a sword too," shouted Rainbow Dash.

"After that traitorous sword Excellion stopped heeding my calls I decided it was time for a new sword to be forged. Thanks to the assistance of the Diamond Dogs, I was able to create my newest weapon, Umbara, the sword destruction. Unlike Excellion, this sword will slaughter whomever or whatever I wish, like all of you!" Tikara Balak took Umbara, gripped it with his teeth, the blade facing towards the right. He assumed a fighting stance that matched Bright Blade's. The two alicorns stared each other down, waiting for one or the other to make a move.

All of a sudden Phantasma Sun started to act strangely, and so did Nightmare Moon. Tikara Balak glanced between his two sisters, wondering what was wrong with them. And so too were the others. After a minute the eyes of the two royal sisters changed back to their original colors, no longer slit and cat-like.

"You must…get away…" said Nightmare Moon, her voice sounding much like Luna's.

"Leave…save as many lives…as you can…" said Phantasma Sun, her voice reverting back to Celestia's.

The royal sisters' horns glowed with their respective auras; the two of them fired a combined beam of light at the group. There was no malice, no hate, or intent to kill whatsoever, only the need to protect and save. They allowed the beam to strike them, combining into a ball of light that flashed away. Leaving behind a scorch mark and nothing else, Tikara Balak released Umbara and held it in his telekinetic grip.

"What was that about?"

"I'm sorry big brother, it just slipped out," said Nightmare Moon.

"It seems our other halves still have a stake in their survival, it will not happen again Arion," assured Phantasma Sun.

Tikara Balak shrugged it off. "Regardless, we have work to do…come my sisters, preparations must be made before the final curtain call."

"Yes, big brother," said the sisters in unison.

Arion, Prince of the Stars, the eldest brother of the co-rulers of Equestria, is the villain Tikara Balak. Having created the Elements of Darkness and the sword of destruction Umbara, has now corrupted Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, allowing their darker sides to run free. And on top of all that, Bright Blade is the Element of Hope! Tikara's end game has been laid out, but can the Warriors of Harmony do anything to stop it!? Find out next time in War in Equestria: The Tale of Bright Blade…!