• Published 12th Dec 2017
  • 1,386 Views, 86 Comments

Cards with power - Corsair49



It was a normal day like any other in the land equestria when suddenly Cards began to fall drift from the sky soon afterwards from the cards came monsters and spells and all of them all had one thing to say at first. "Are you Ready? Buddy FIGHT!!"

  • ...
1
 86
 1,386

Cast

It has been a week Since Mekarm came to Ponyville and more or less, everyone has warmed up to him. Pinkie threw a Welcome to Ponyville party for him, and then a 'Congrats on your Buddy and first Victory' Party for Spike and Shadow. Rarity and Durandal, inspired by the form Spike's Deck Case takes when he activates crafted a fine outfit befitting of a Rogue Prench Musketeer. Based on darker coloration with a Claret Red to a Dusk Orange trim and near Black base with a cloak that goes over his left shoulder, with a Darkened Sun symbol Similar to Celestia's Cutie Mark in the center of it. News of the 'Shadow of the Sun' Spike and Shadow Dragon Hit the Foal Press and even spread out to Canterlot as Mekarm's Debut among the first of the Diamond Dogs to approach Pony Society with intentions of Peace and Fun.

"Not all of us are greedy little dogs seeking out Gems for their own gain. Some of us are actually smart and want to help where we can in society." The Canterlot Gazette quoted when they interviewed him. This was followed by an announcement made by all of the princesses.

"It is because of those like Mektaves Armaldo that we seek to properly bring every being together. And it seems That Buddy Fight has led us to that chance to bring about this change. So We have decided to found and build Several schools dedicated to Buddy Fighting. Located in 2 different Locations. If there is anybeing that wishes to test their mettle, become stronger, or even just have fun and make Friends Buddyfighting, We encourage them to come to the Buddy Fight Academies Located in either the Crystal Empire or in Ponyville." The official Statement of each of the princess said at the World Summit that was called this was met with other countries such as Griffonstone making their own academies. With the help of the Monsters and Citizens the schools were Built in just a few days. In Ponyville the staff consisted of the Elements of harmony and a select few others along with their Buddy Monsters. With Twilight Sparkle as the Head Mistress, seconded by Prince Blueblood. Enrolled in the school was Nearly Every dedicated buddy fighter from Vanhoover to Baltimare, and everywhere in between. So as one would imagine Ponyville became too small the response. The school was then moved to rebuild, Refurbish, and give access to Castle of the Two sisters as a proper Academy. However far past the badlands, a dark force begins to stir.

Undisclosed Hidden Lair

"Do you see how this former queen bows before your strength, Sunspot?" Azi asked him.

"It's incredible... You're so strong Azi!" young colt said with glee.

"And this place will make the perfect home. So we must thank you, but I don't exactly trust her." The adult said.

"The terms of a buddyfight are non negotiable. I Would never betray his strength." Chrysalis Spat in heated anger at the remark. "But Let's be honest here Clockwork... Your son's buddy monster terrifies you. The monster, the deck, even the fact that your son knows how to use it so well like its second nature has you scared." Chrysalis said with a smile as Sunspot turned to his father.

"Dad? Do you not like what I'm able to do?" He asked confused.

"No.. no son thats not true at all.... I just... its a lot to take in. And the fact that what you have is..." He trailed off unable to find the words.

"Perhaps Sunspot... Your father needs a demonstration of your strength personally." Azi's voice was filled with conviction as it spurred on the colt.

"Daddy... lets fight." He said with a smile as his eyes glinted with dark ambition.

Opening Ceremony of the Equestrian Buddy Fight Academy.

With the help of the buddy monsters and Fluttershy The construction of a safe Pathway, Dormitories, and the castle itself was made. A Good sized wooden Stage was made with the entire staff sitting on it as Princess Celestia and Luna approached the Podium their Buddy Monsters, Captain Answer, and Dark Hero Schwarz. Spike and Mekarm where sitting next to each other in a crowd of what seemed like hundreds. Shadow and Bolzoye sat next to their respective partners.

"Welcome Every being. It is with great honor and Joy that we open the first ever Buddy Fight Academy in Equestria. I would now like to pass this along to Head Mistress Princess Twilight Sparkle, and Sub-Head Master Prince Blue Blood." Celestia said as she backed away while the two strode forward.

"Thank you Princess Celestia. As many of you know I am Princess Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship and the bearer of the Element of Magic of the Elements of Harmony. Over the years my friends and I have traveled to many lands. Seen many things but one thing we have noticed is that no matter what the magic of Friendship will stand strong. And now with Buddy monsters and Fights, I can see and make even more ever lasting bonds. I hope all of you will take you're lessons to heart and make memories and Bonds that stay with you forever." This was met with Many cheers and excited exclamations. Lifting her hoof to quiet the crowd she spoke again. "Prince Blue Blood do you have anything you would like to add?" She said facing him. In the back Rarity could be seen seething in rage, with Durandal attempting to calm her down, with hushed words.

"I do Princess, I would like to congratulate all of you for making it this far. In the next few weeks I will be beginning a Free For All style tournament. Every being is to gather in groups of at least 3 and at most 5 and register themselves prior to the beginning of this. when there are 16 teams left the tournament will change to a block style tournament, with a losers bracket. Top 2 teams of the primary Bracket and the winner of The losers Bracket will continue on to represent Our academy in a challenge issued from Crystal BF Academy. I look forward to seeing your results. The rules will be posted on the news bulletin and Copies for further inspection will be available in the recreational rooms. Please note, to qualify your team you must be able to defeat one of the Teachers and Must hold a GPA of atleast 3.0 . With that being said I will now allow one student to give a small welcoming to the rest of the school. He was selected for this privilege due to his immense strength and capability. Please welcome Atlas.." Blue Blood and Twilight walked away as a sun orange colt no cutiemark adorning him and no buddy visibly on him but he had a small band with his deck around his left hoof as he walked up to the podium.

"Hello every creature. I look forward to this year and fighting everyone of you. It will be interesting to see how interesting each fight will be, so please hold nothing back." Atlas said with a smile, tilting his head and closing his eyes before walking away. Spike and Mekarm flinched at this.

"That child..." Bolzoye began.

"He was insulting everyone here..." Shadow finished.

"Spike are you thinking what I am?" Mekarm questioned as he cast glance towards spike who met it back.

"How is he so strong?" Spike said nodding.

"We Hereby announce and present The Equestrian Buddy Fight Academy is Now OPEN!" Luna said as she cut the ribbon. After that Pinkie threw a welcoming party for the academy and buddy fights erupting from the students as they challenged one another. Spike, Mekarm, Shadow and Bolzoye were searching for Atlas to fight him when Spike heard the growling of a dragon Turning his attention to it he spotted a Black-winged dragon with his claw against the wall and between him and the wall appeared to be a young pegasus mare who was backed up into it.

"Where in Tartarus is HE! I know, You know. You ALWAYS KNOW!" The Dragon growled at young mare. She was flinching back into the wall from the obviously angry dragon teen.

"HEY!" Spike called out upset, "Back. Off. The. Pony." Spike Growled as he walked up to the two. The Black Dragon turned his attention to the purple dragon in front of him.

"What do you want you little brat." The black Dragon crossed his arms over his chest as he glared at spike.

"I said back off the mare, It would violate my code if i let you continue to attack her. So stop before we have a problem." Shadow, Mekarm, and Bolzoye showed up catching the scene.

"Listen here Runt, your a thousand years too early to tell me what to do." He glared into spike with red eyes. "So what if it violates your code, What are you going to do to stop me?" He gave a smug fang filled grin. Spike Growled at this Shadow showed up.

"You are Both buddy fighters right?" Mekarm inquired getting a nod from them. "How about you settle this with a buddy fight then? Like Real warriors." He offered the two.

"I don't like to waste my time fighting people weaker than me but fine. It will be nice to put a punk in his place. Plus we might be able to draw his attention." the black dragon said pulling out his core deck case. "Or is the Pipsqueak too scared?" He chided spike. Spike Growled and took out his deck case.

"If I win You leave the mare alone." Spike said accepting the challenge.

"And If I Win you mind your own Business Pipsqueak!"He growled. The two nodded as their core deck cases activated. Spikes turning into the rapier, Arid's turning into a scythe.

"Let's Raise the Flag!" Both dragons stated at the same time.

"I fight for Dragon world!" Spike said as Multiple Shadow Dragons Planted it.

"I fight for the Searing Executioners!" The flag bursting into life from flames as it stands on chains. The ground around them trembled as a black dragon Burst forth from the Earth. The young mare sighed before face hooving herself. Mekarm noticed this raising his eye brows.

"IF YOUR GONNA FIGHT USING THAT ONE YOU BETTER WIN ARID!" The Pegasus called out. Mekarm looked confused before walking over to the pony.

"Why are you rooting for that dragon? Wasn't he accosting you?" he asked.

"Because Arid is my friend.. Sorta... He likes to lose to my big bro curry a lot." She explained. "I'm Stargazer by the way." Her cutiemark was some kind of flower with a few stars around it. Those who were watching fights around them heard the declaration of the new flag members of many races began to watch what would become of this new flag.

"What is that Flag? I've Never heard of that world." Spike said confused Looking to his buddy.

"That's because unlike you weaklings I'm not confided to one World This is a special flag with a special set of rules." Arid said cockily his gauge life and hand appearing before suddenly his life dropped Violently to 8 and his gauge increased by 2. "As long as i Use this flag I can use all monster and spells that have the Executioner attribute, and My inital gauge becomes 4 while my starting life becomes 8." Arid grinned.

"Pfft, Less health? That just makes it easier to beat you." Spike said grinning with a smile. "My Win is guaranteed."

"You would do well to learn your place Whelp. Allow us to remind you. I am Earth Tremor Black Dragon, Soulvaag" The larger dragon stated.

"And I am Arid, and All will kneel before the Executioners!" He declared Pointing his scythe at Spike.

"Except my brother!" Star gazer called out Arid's smug look turned strained as both him and Soulvaag restrained their visible anger at the mention.

"Arid VS Spike Drake Match Begin. Buddy.... FIGHT!"