• Published 12th Dec 2017
  • 1,386 Views, 86 Comments

Cards with power - Corsair49



It was a normal day like any other in the land equestria when suddenly Cards began to fall drift from the sky soon afterwards from the cards came monsters and spells and all of them all had one thing to say at first. "Are you Ready? Buddy FIGHT!!"

  • ...
1
 86
 1,386

Call

Once the Buddyfight was completed each of the delegates once again sat down outside and introduced themselves and covered in great details all of the rules. They also explained the distribution of all the cards and the Buddy Rare.

"Now before we end this I must inform you all of something." Captain Answer Began, "Question In the event that Rogue monster or buddy fighters using their gifts for their greed what should the response be?"

"Captain Answer raises a good point." Purgatory Knigts Leader, Demios Sword Dragon stated calmly. "What will you do to ensure that your world will be safe from monsters and humans that will seek to destroy or Conquer it?" this made the Equestrian Delegates start to speak and question among themselves

"I think I have an answer for that." a soft voice spoke. Ember hearing who it was Yelled out to everyone to quiet down that someone has an actual Idea. "We could follow in the follow in the foot steps of those who you knew and create the Buddy Police?" Spike said

"Correct Answer!" Captain Answer shouted.

"A select few from each of the nations should be made into an Organization of Law and Order Positioned around the world. These Few should have Just hearts, courage, and kindness, yet must be swift and fierce. They will also be responsible for capturing and detaining any illegal forces with the us." Suzaku stated calmly. "As such they would each need Buddy Monsters they are cohesive with. So tell us do you have an Idea of which of your kind will be willing to stand up and fight?" Celestia and Luna Glanced at each other before they nodded.

"My sister and I have selected that for now our group shall be Both myself and her along with the Elements of Harmony should they choose to." Luna stated.

"I know I will stand up for the Crystal Empire." Shining Armor stated.

"For now Only the strongest in the Dragon lands should have that responsibility." Ember Declared.

"I shall be Yaks Great Leader and Great Defender Yaks Best! Yaks Strongest!" Prince Rutherford Exclaimed.

"I recommend my Daughter Little Strong Hooves to be the defender of our area." Chief Thunderhooves explained

"It goes without saying that My brother Pharynx shall be the one to defend the rest of the Hive." Thorax Explained.

"Since this if for defense I shall have my Guard master Be one of the candidates." Queen Nova Explained.

"I agree it shall be the local Law enforcement that I will have defend Griffonstone." Stated Lord Gestal

"Then it looks like its all settled Lets get this show on the road then. We will give you all 1 week to spread it to your peeps and then we will start to supply the cards and let things happen during that time frame everyone who was selected will start getting their buddy. And lets remember everyone lets have fun." Asmodai said happily. Within that week every being returned to their homes and told tales of what happened, Explaining the rules of the game and the arrivals of each beings buddy.

Pinkie got on well Blade-wing Phoenix and they became buddies easily. Twilght Ended up with a Dragon wizard from magic world by the name of Qinus Axia. Fluttershy became quick friends with the fairies and animals of Legend world. Princess Celestia Became Buddies with the 2nd Generation of Captain Answer, while her sister Luna Became Buddies with Dark Hero Schwarz. Applejack went on to work with a Drum Bunker Dragon. Rarity became infatuated with the Knights in Shining Armor and Kings of legends in Legend world, taking the Immortal sword Durandal to her side. Rainbow Dash deciding upon Hero World took on the mantle of Caardian. Shining Armor ended up With Card Burn. Then in the following weeks all around the world Everyone was getting into Buddyfights. But as with all thing whenever a shining light is brought forth those that stand as pillars for it Cast shadows around it that will seek to snuff it out.


**** Somewhere in the badlands 2 months after Buddyfight has become natural everywhere****

"You Cant Stand up to the might of my Decks! Now fall Before your Queen, Final Phase! I Cast Slow Pain Fall!" the silhouetted dragon to the fighters left started writhing and howling in agony before shattering into black shards at the The adult Pony who howled in pain. Underneath the nearby wagon hidden by its low form a young colt is watching in silent horror as the damage dealt to his father is becoming real. The assailant taking the stallion and his buddy monster before flying away with her 'buddy' monster into the night leaving him to himself.


In that moment a voice was heard by the young unicorn.

"Do you desire power?" It called out to him The boy hunkered down tighter. "Don't you want to get your father back? I can help you. I can give you strength to move the Sun and Moon. I do not wish to hurt you." The voice softly coaxed the boy out of his hiding spot. "There is no need for tears young one. Tell us, What is your name?"

"M-my daddy calls me S-sunspot.." the Colt said sniffling.

"A strong Name for a Strong stallion." The shadow said

"But...I'm not strong.. I don't have a buddy Monster, or a cutie mark. and I couldn't do anything but hide when that thing attacked my father!"

"You're right, you couldn't, but it is because of that weakness, that is why you will become strong isn't it? You survived so you can become stronger... As for not having a buddy, I can solve that." The voice said encouragingly.

"Wait.. are you saying you will be my buddy?"

"Of course Sunspot... and Buddies help each other, so I'll help you get back your daddy, if you help me prepare for a battle with my rival." It said. The boy was nodding happily agreeing to it before him the shadow produced a darker core deckcase.

"What do i call you?"

"You May call me Azi.." It said as it turned into a card before moving into the deck case. "Now move towards the moon... and look for the caves that is where we will find her." Azi stated the boy nodded grabbing his pack and running in the direction. Said.

**** The Next Day in Ponyville****

"Spike! your Packs just came in!" Starlight called out as she held a package while heading back to the dinning room. In the Dining room is Qinus Axia, Asmodai Starlight's buddy, Trixie and her buddy Yamigitsune. Spike came out of the kitchen with a large stack of pancakes placing it down. "So do you think you will get your buddy this time?" Starlight asked happily.

"Honestly I'm starting to doubt it. Hero world proved to be a bust, Darkness Dragon world isn't exactly my style, Dragon world seems to have all its bases covered. I'm starting to wonder if i even do get a buddy if he will be something lame." Spike said as he looked at the box of packs. Axia simply picked up spike placing him on her lap as he stroked his fins carefully.

"Spikey relax, you will find your buddy. Buddies are supposed to be unconventional and help bring out the best in each other. Like myself and Twilight." Axia said calmly. Asmodai simply gave him a thumbs up.

"Listen kiddo, if there is one thing I know its that fate is fickle and has a funny way of doing things. It's best to see just how something happens when it happens." Asmodai explained. "So why don't you start tearing into those packs. You spent your allowance on them so its only right after all, Right?" Spike slowly nodded his head as he started to open up the packs.

"So Trixie how is the shows going now that you have Yamigitsune?" Starlight asked.

"Honestly, Hes been a big help with his fox fire and the rest of Skull Warriors. They've been helping me put little stunts together as well as helping with set up and story telling." Trixie explained. Yamigitsune simply nodded.

"Miss Trixie is great entertainment." He commented softly.

"Heh, Hey Starlight,"Asmodai began "What is on our schedule for today?"

"Hmm well I don't think there is anything really big going on. Or do you mean the 'Asmodai Sweet Times' Schedule." She got Asmodai's Devilish Smirk and rolled her eyes before using her magic to teleport the scroll. "Lets see we have help spike by delivering his packs from the mail mare done, help find Spikes buddy thats been hiding in his shadow since 3 nights ago, Chase the shadow around town," her voice began to get filled with confusion. "Wait what this is all new stuff, Whats going on Asmodai?" Starlight looked at him. The rest all began to look at Him then to spikes shadow as Spike was opening the last pack.

"come to think of it. Didn't one of his packs had one less card than normal?" Twilight pointed out. Axia Slowly Began to lift spike up to look at his shadow.

"Hey what's going on? I didn't mess anything up!" Spike said with a blush. "Its bad enough I didn't get a buddy from these so what are you doing Axia?"

"Spike Look at your shadow and tell us if it seems off to you." Axia said as she put him on the table. Spike took a look carefully at it. For the briefest of moments it seemed like it moved on its own.

"What the?" He then decided to poke the shadow with made it move again as its form changed into a cute little quadraped dark indigo dragon with 2 horns on its head that end in purple tips and tail that has a purplish flame on it.

"Hmph its about time you noticed me but since YOU didn't notice me first I guess we have to play another game." The little Shadow said. "Catch me if you can." It said coyly before darting off.

"Quick Catch that Shadow!" Twilight called out as the group began to Chase the shadow. Axia pulling spike with her as they began their chase. Up and down stairs and in and out of various rooms. The castle seemingly have changed from its normal lay out to have busts of the Shadow and Paintings and the such.. At one point the shadow appeared to be in a painting. throwing an apple at the group it ran off only to come back from being chased by the group with a Patented Pinkie Pie Party Cannon firing repeatedly at the group who was running away now. being chased into another room the shadow flew around into a room full of portals where it seemed to constantly move around in between them the group experimenting into which ones were working and such. Starlight picking up one of the Scroll Portals as Twilight flew out another end of it. The Entire group jumping into all of them then coming out different ones dressed in 70s Gear, the shadow running past them and up a staircase, the group immediately chasing. As the shadow reached the top of a spiral staircase it pulled a switch that made the stairs become a slide. Buddygifts becoming active at that moment saved them from falling back down as. Ending up in hallway with 8 different doors running in and out of different ones then when he entered the group began to search through all of them. Spike Stopping everyone making them all pick a different door as they all open at the same time revealing nothing. Then going to the last door. Opening it to see a Roaring Dragon Scaring Everyone into slamming the door. The shadow at the end of the Hall walking casually. The group following him as he ran out to the town.

"What is that Monster..."Twilight asked they chased it to Sugar Cube Corner.

"It's Called Shadow Dragon, A Dragon world Monster." Axia Explained as they stopped at the door.

"A really Strange type of monster, and usually needs to be taken care of quickly or else it starts get out of hand and stronger than most players can deal with." Asmodai explained.

"Unlimited copies." Yamigitsune Explained.

"That little Guy? Hes just as small as me, He can't be that strong." Spike said as he opened the door walking inside. Pinkie Pie sitting with the dragons, giving them a fresh batch of muffins all but one of them disappearing after they each eat one except for one that was waiting for him to come in.

"I assure you I am very strong, and you will be too, maybe even work up the strength to ask a certain mare out." The shadow Dragon whispered as he held out a Sapphire Surprise Cupcake. "I look forward to being your buddy." It said Smiling.