• Published 12th Dec 2017
  • 1,403 Views, 86 Comments

Cards with power - Corsair49



It was a normal day like any other in the land equestria when suddenly Cards began to fall drift from the sky soon afterwards from the cards came monsters and spells and all of them all had one thing to say at first. "Are you Ready? Buddy FIGHT!!"

  • ...
1
 86
 1,403

Final 8 | Declaration of War | Diamonds in the Sky

Crystal Empire Train Station

"End of the Line! Crystal Empire!" The conductor called out as everyone got off. Clockwork Orange whose face seemed to be stuck in a scowl upon arrival waited for Sunspot and a unicorn filly.

"Wow you were right chrysi, it is really pretty here."

"Sunspot~" The young filly whined. "I told you to call me Sweet Breeze." She huffed.

"oops sorry you look really pretty like that though." The little filly blushed and lightly pushed him acting like an annoyed girl.

"Unimportant." Clockwork said passively. "You there." He pointed to one of the train station clerks.

"Welcome to the Crystal empire, How can we help you?" the clerk said nervously at the clearly irate pony.

"I demand knowledge of the location of the Buddyfight academy." His voice was monotonous and intimidating.

"Here is an application and it is 2 blocks north east of the crystal heart."

"Thank you, your services have furthered our efforts." Clock work said walking away. "Sweet Breeze, Sunspot I have the applications and will fill them out for us as we walk. Destination is north east of the crystal heart."

"Oh wow do you think we will meet some strong fighters?" Sunspot asked excitedly.

"none as strong as you Sunspot!" Sweet breeze said happily.

"Let us be off." Clockwork said.

Waiting area of the arena in the Equestrian Buddyfight acadamy.

Spike was worried. Mercurial and Arid were both sleeping on the couch as Spike paced anxiously. His opponent was already determined to be Diamond Tiara and was just waiting for things to get started. A Sound chimed in the room waking Arid and Mercurial. It was Time. Approaching the elevator Spike took a deep breath.

"Good luck Spike you got this." Mercurial said.

"And don't worry about fucking this up I heard the little brat is really strong." Arid commented. Spike gave a sheepish smile and a thumbs up before heading into the fighters arena.

"Welcome one an all to the first fight of the first match of the Equestrian Buddyfight academy. Many of you have come from far and wide to learn, fight, and show off your skills. Now say it with me. Buddy..." Twilight began as the entire Colosseum style room chanted fight.

"I am Spike Drake, Standing in the Dark I will use the Shadows to guarantee the Sun will rise! Lumenize! Shadows of the Sun!" He declared drawing his blade.

"I am Diamond Tiara of the Femme Fatale, Spreading my wings to reach the diamonds in the sky I Take flight higher than the stratosphere, Lumenize Infinite Stratos." Diamond tiara declared as hers became a type of skin tight pilots suit.

"Let's Raise the Flag."

"I fight for Dragon world.

"And I fight for Hero World."

"The match begins Spike Drake has the first move."

"Draw and charge and draw I equip, Shadowscale sword Dragoshadow." Spike signature weapon generated infront of him as he took hold. "Next I use Dragonic Shadow Shuffle and send all 3 shadow dragons to the drop." 3 shadows shot out from the deck darkening the shadows the shadows around the arena. "Next I buddycall, Shadow dragon the right." A shadow shot forth from his hand coalescing into his natural form as the sword pulsed and spike gained a gauge. "Now i call another to the left. and I use its ability call for Friends." 2 cards came out of spikes deck and got burnt up. "I call a shadow dragon to the center now." the sword pulsed as a 3 card was sent to the gauge. "Now my shadow on the left Attack the fighter." the shadow dragon dove into the ground only to pop out and bite onto Diamond Tiara's tail dropping her health by 1 as she flicked it off.

"The move ends Diamond Tiara's turn begins."

"You know Spike I always kinda thought you were cute." Diamond Tiara said "Draw and charge and Draw. Now take Flight, "Seventh Style Heatwind, Fiery Skies" Oba Kagari. To the center. " A Girl wearing a red skintight suit, who had blazing red hair and wings made from fire and metal resembling a phoenix appeared.

"The Calvry is... wait... Was i the first to show up? I need a weapon!" She cried out worried turning to Diamond.

"Activate Weaponry Link" Diamond tiara said.

"Oba Kagari Requesting Shooting star." Oba said as she flew towards her fighter

"Permission granted I equip you with Type II Sniping Rifle, "Shooting Star"" Diamond called out a Red and blue rifle similar to an advanced Spell Slinger appeared in a flurry of light within the hands of the monster.

"Taking Aim! I have the target in my sights."

"Take the shot and purge the weapon."

"Firing!" a sudden bang as a condensed red beam of light shot forth from the muzzle striking Spike for 1 damage. "Shot successful Purging Shooting Star now." Suddenly the weapon lit up again before flowing into the gauge. "Weaponry link is active once again Requesting a new Equipment."

"Permissions granted Sending Feather Blade, MAT-I." Suddenly a new card Appeared in Diamonds hand as silver and blue sword was equipped. "Oba Purge that one for me and ill replace it right away."

"Affirmative" The sword lit up and went to the gauge only to be replaced by another sword, as another card appeared in Diamond Tiara's Hand.

"Oba Kagiri Take out his center!"

"Target spotted Now learn the reason why they call me the Fiery Skies!" Oba said as she charged the center shadow dragon. her blazing wings lit up as it she cleaved through it. "Now Penetrate!"

"I cast White Dragon Shield." Spike said a Giant white dragon head appeared taking the hit and shattering. Oba pouted before falling back."

"Command attack was succesful but no good on budging them."

"I end my turn. Nice play Spike... Say if you want after this fight I can give you some pointers?" Diamond said winking. Spike blushed a bit.

"N-no thanks I Draw and Charge and draw. I activate call for Friends once more paying one gauge." THe shadow dragon on the left began to roar as 2 cards got burned up but only 1 became a shadow that replaced the one on the right area. "Net I pay 4 gauge and add the six shadow dragons in the drop to evolve Anatta Overshadow dragon To the center."

"I am one and all, nothing and everything. A shadow with form yet formless!" The large Amethyst Dragon Roared as it took form.

"Now I attack the center." Spike declared thrusting the shadow sword outwards 8 points crashing down upon Oba Using her sword she tries to defend herself against the multi-pronged attack only for the sword to break.

"Oh no I'm defenseless!" Oba cried out

"Go shadow Dragon!" Spike ordered. the shadow dragon took on a pure black form of Anatta before breathing its black flames and destroying Oba kagari.

"Now Overshadow GO! "

"Fall before my rage." A huge pillar of Shadow fire engulfed Diamond Tiara making her scream in absolute pain as her health dropped violently down to 1.

"the move ends Diamond Tiara's turn begins.

"Draw and Charge and Draw. First i call to the center "First Style Coldwind, Snow Skies" Ilonya Gulayev." A younger girl in golden armaments and pale skin and Snow white hair appeared.

"Snow Skies on the field. Weaponry Resurrection." Ilonya stated as light appeared in her hand and the sword that was used by the previous unit appeared. "Purging weapon systems." The sword then went into the gauge. "Weaponry Link Active Requesting A rifle."

"Permissions granted Equipping Feather Rifle, "Wetter"." A smaller cybernetic rifle was formed as in her hands.

"Purging Requesting again." Ilonya commented as the rifle flowed into the gauge repeating the entire sequence a second time

"Next I pay 1 gauge and cast, Life as an Aircraft Mechanic And I add Feather Blade To my hand from the drop. Equipping the sword to Ilyona and drawing a card."Next I cast Two-man Team and since Ilyona has a weapon in her soul I draw 2 cards." 2 cards came in and her eyes lit up like her namesake. "I pay 2 gauge and ride Into "Zeroth Style Gale, Azure Skies" Mayuzumi Fubuki." Golden armor and wings as Diamond Tiara herself began to fly. "Now with my weaponry link I equip onto my Ride a Feather Rifle, Wetter gaining 2 health because of the abilities and a Feather Blade, MAT-I." She held out her hooves and in one a sword attatched itself to her left hoof and the Rifle to the other. "Next I pay 2 more gauge and ride into Double Skies Blue Wings, Haruka and Fubuki!" The golden armor then turned to a brilliant blue as the energy streams grew as another Being with the same armor appeared. "Are you ready Partner?" The particle wings on Diamond Tiara and Haruka's Back began to glow and change as a new card was used from her hand a blue light shot forth and destroyed Spike's sword. "Weaponry Link Mending Acceleration Unit, "Flying Swallow""

"Ready DT." Haruka said. as she Readied her wings rifle and weapon.

"Infinite weaponry LInk!" the two said at the same time Soon enough from the gem in the center of her chest another card flew and joined into the sword its edge lighting with a burning blue color as heat seemed to radiate. "I add another Feather Blade, MAT-1 to my soul! Now taste our wrath!" DT and Haruka called out as they charged at Anatta the attack destroying a shadow from their blade before they turned and flew in a helix around Spike opening fire from their rifles. "Penetrate!" Spikes health dropped by 5 dropping his health from 9 down to 4.

"We aren't done Yet." Haruka called out.

"Double ATTACK!" DT declared as the repeated Before pillars of darkness were erupting around them as they opened fire on Anatta Destroying him again "ONCE MORE."

"Together NOW!" Haruka called.

"PENETRATE!!!" The two gave as a war cry before Swooping like a pair of birds Swords drawn and cross slashing Spike making him fall back as his health dropped to 0.

"Winner Diamond Tiara!"

"I hope my feelings reached you Spike it was fun." She said sticking her tongue before walking away.

"Round one goes to Femme Fatale." The announcer declared. Spike picked himself growling at himself.. His winning streak broken as he looked at his deck Shadow scowled at him and huffed.

"lets go..." Shadow said leading the way back to the waiting room. Spike was picked up and much to his surprise was being hugged by arid.

"you did good kid, Now its my turn." Arid said before dropping Him.

"Don't dissappoint me now arid, I feel it she's using That Impact." Mercurial said as he bit into a mango stargazer had given him. Arid only nodded as he walked. "Spike you performed well you were just out matched. Don't let it get to you.."

"Yeah... Right... lets just watch Arid's fight." Spike said with a decent amount of Angst.