• Published 12th Dec 2017
  • 1,386 Views, 86 Comments

Cards with power - Corsair49



It was a normal day like any other in the land equestria when suddenly Cards began to fall drift from the sky soon afterwards from the cards came monsters and spells and all of them all had one thing to say at first. "Are you Ready? Buddy FIGHT!!"

  • ...
1
 86
 1,386

Draw

Hours Later Inside Twilight's Map Room

Somehow the entire map room slowly began to be filled with all kinds of creatures from Dragons to demons, to Some kind of Cerberus looking thing. To a strange Bipedal and mostly hairless creature wielding a sword and dressed with regalia. To some kind of machine like Ninja, another bipedal creature dressed in spandex that had red and blue lines a big A in the center of a his belt buckle and some kind of helmet and shoulder plates that covered his face. Spike, after making sure everyone had refreshments was talking with the dragons and having good laughs about everything. Finally Celestia, Luna, Thorax, Cadence and Shining Armor, Ember, an ambassador from Buffalo tribes, Yaks and Griffons, and Princess Twilight had Entered Upon Doing so everyone Including the Elements of Harmony, Spike, Trixie, and Starlight Glimmer gathered around the table. The Diplomats from the other worlds on one side and the home world sides all together on the other. For a while Silence had ensued and tensions began to rise. Before some music started playing from a boombox. A moment Later Asmodai was dancing on the table.

"Yo, Yo, Yo, Yo." Soon the rest of the Diplomats all began to laugh as Asmodai stopped dancing giving his signature pose. "Sorry about that guys, just wanted to break the tension. For those of you who havent met me yet, my Name is Demon Lord, Asmodai, I come here as a Representative from my home world Magic World as we call it. To address the elephant in the room, what myself and the other diplomats here are here for is simple. We at magic world had received some a kind of magical wave from a spell that basically screamed ' Come over here and lets play' So with the help of the best people from Magic World and the rest my group here we opened a way to come here. Sorry if we messed anything up on the way but you see we all love to make new friends. And more Importantly we love to BuddyFight. So we thought, 'Well they want to play so lets go have some fun and make new friends.' So how about we start of by going round the table and saying who we are and what we represent." Asmodai took an exaggerated breath to show how winded he was of talking.

"As we are the guests here in this land allow us to introduce ourselves first." a dragon with four arms winged with feathers of Light and two muscular arms that were folded across his chest with a glowing ring behind his crimson body stepped forward. "I am Martial Arts Dragon Emperor, Duel Siegar. I am the Chosen Representative for Ancient World. We represent Power in its Rawest Form." He stopped as he saw the purple winged Unicorn Raise its hoof. "Er... yes? What is it?"

"I'm Sorry, First let me introduce myself. I am Twilight Sparkle Princess of Friendship and Harmony... but What does that Card game have to do with you guys? And can you explain what a Buddy Fight is for those that don't know." Asmodai Smiled as Twilight asked the questions.

"Say... I have an Idea Why should we explain a buddy fight when we can show you a buddy fight? Can we have 2 volunteers?" Asmodai asked with with a flare. "Actually to help promote good tidings between our groups how about we have 1 volunteer from both sides?" He quickly corrected. Luna looked at Celestia who nodded in turn and smiled.

"I shall Represent The Land of Equestria if there is no Objections from anyone." Luna declared the rest of the diplomats merely murmured for a moment for nodding in acceptance as the title 'princess of games' and 'queen of the console' were passed around.

"Great then I shall represent our side. And Introductions are in order of course. My name is Miserea, I'm from Dungeon world. But my friends call me Kiri" A creature that only had hair on his head wearing clothes to cover his entire body from the shoulders down. Looking at him one would think he looks young, until they peered into his cold lilac eyes which held years of pain and acceptance along with innocence in their Icy gaze yet he had smile that could melt the coldest of hearts.

"Whoa Kiri... I'm Surprised. Are you sure you want to? I mean.... It's been a long time since..." every buddy monster looked down at once almost to appear as if they were honoring a memory of someone with a moment of silence and respect. Asmodai went and kneeled down so his eye sight was level with Kiri's as he put his hand on Kiri's Shoulder, "You don't need to do this if you don't want to." Kiri smiled and patted Asmodai's shoulder.

"I'm sure... They would've wanted it this way, and i know we all miss them. but we have new friends we can make now. I know they will be great fighters and honestly... I want to experience that feeling again... I'll always miss Gao and Testuya and Zanya, along with everyone else but that's ok. They would want me to make new friends. So that's what I intend to do because nothing is more fun than a BuddyFight." With that he smiled and there was a choir of awes from most of the females in the room which drew a deep blush from him as a card moved from the deck in Kiri's holster on his side to glow and then become a monster with a masked pale face and ice like blades for arms and blue wings.

"Well hopefully we can chill together once we've Broken the Ice don't you think?" The new figure stated before he and Pinkie began to laugh at the terrible puns.

"Well I don't know about chilling, but making friends really takes the Cake!" Pinkie laughed as she pulled out a large Ice Cream cake. This made new one move closer.

"Well you wanna know whats better than Ice cream cake?" He asked Pinkie.

"Oh! I know I know! A Frosty Fiend!" She screamed with delight as she threw a piece of the cake at him. For a moment silence ensued before Asmodai, the declared Fiend, and Pinkie all laughed. "Can I be the one to fight you? I love making new friends. And I have an Idea for what world I want to use to fight with."

"A Frosty Fiend oh man you sure know how to put a guy on Ice, By the way, My name is Ice Blade Joker, Pleasure to meet all of you." he takes his spot by Kiri's side. Asmodai however turns to face the pink pony.

"So you have a world and a buddy in mind do you?" he asks with the devilishly handsome look he puts on as hes rewarded with a vigorous nod from her he smiles. "Well then little miss lay it on us, what world and who is it you want to help with your first fight."

"Well dungeon world to start, and Bladewing phoenix? If you don't mind Kiri... oh and I'm Pinkie Pie." She smiled meekly as if stepping on eggshells. Kiri opened his mouth to say something as the realization struck his eyes drifted down as he closed his mouth slowly followed by his eyes. Then he shook his head and patted his cheeks before walking over to her and smiling at her sticking his hand out towards her.

"I don't mind one bit Pinkie. In fact I look forward to becoming friends with you. Shall we head outside? I'll Summon BladeWing there and you can have him help you make the deck. Twilight, Asmodai, would you two be willing to help us set the stage for the fight? And a viewing area to provide commentary so our new friends will understand whats going on?" The demon and Purple princess looked at each other and nodded. Pinkie eagerly grabbed his hand and pulled him close into a hug he hugged her back.

Shortly afterwards both groups Met Outside at some open fields behind the Crystal Castle Where Asmodai and Twilight where setting up Bleachers and the proper fields as a Metal feathered bird seemed to have descended from the sky to land In Front of Pinkie. Upon Closer inspection The giant birds wings were Literally Blades and then the bird became enveloped in a bright light before turning into a glowing card that then had a multitude of other cards circle around it and create a deck that then fell into Pinkie's hoof.

Twilight smiled as she used her horn to increase the sound of her Voice and Asmodai had done a costume change into his self proclaimed 'Legendary Cram session Teacher form.' "Welcome, Leaders of Equestria and Representatives of the Various Worlds. To the first Buddy Fight Held in Equestrian history. My Name is Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship."

"And I am Fervernt Demon Lord Teacher, Asmodai. We are here to help explain the basics of what Buddy Fight to those who have never seen one before." Asmodai was clad in a white lab coat that was equipped with a hood that even distinctly covered the horns on his head as he wore yellow suit ties that hung from each horn, his tail, and his neck adorned with a demon skull insignia as he was shirtless showing his incredibly well built figure. "Now before we get into the buddyfight itself there are somethings we need to explain first is that decks are made of no less than 50 cards excluding the flag card and buddy card, and then there can be no more than 4 copies of the same card in any unless a specific ability states it." He finished up before twilight made a 2 dimensional top down representation of the field.

"The field consists of a total of 8 zones. The first 3 zones are the monster zones for Left, Center and Right." the spots highlighted as she spoke so the audience could understand which areas she was talking about. "These are where you can call your monsters, be careful though, you can only have up to one monster on one zone at any given time. To the left of those 3 is the Gauge."

"The gauge is an area where a fighter puts cards to be used for the cost of calling a monster, equiping a weapon, casting a spell, or unleashing an impact." Asmodai added.

"Next up is the Flag Zone, this is where you declare what world you are fighting for or with, and where you equip items, Normally you can only equip one weapon at a time but certain weapons will let you equip 2 or more." Twilight continued.

"To the right of that is your buddy monster zone thats where you show off what monster is your buddy, and is the only one you can have 5 cards for, so long as there is only 4 in the deck. and on the left of the flag is the set area, where you place spells or other things that can be used continuously but aren't monsters." Asmodai explained.

"And that leaves us with the deck and drop zone. The drop zone is where you put cards that have been destroyed or their abilities have been completed. Becareful though some decks excel in using the drop zone as an extra hand or to fulfill dangerous requirements for powerful abilities." Twilight continued.

"Now that the field is done, Lets move on to the basic card design." Twilight nodded and the visual changed to an image of Asmodai's Card. "Oh would someone get some water because that handsome demon is on fire if i say so my self, Now there are a total of 7 key spots to note on any card. the first 4 are the some of the most important things. first is Size in the top left corner. Now you're probably wondering what does size have to do with anything. well those platforms for the monster zone, unfortunately can only support so much weight, so they have a size limit of 3, meaning they can have 3 size one monsters, 1 size one and size 2 or one size 3 monster, there are also size 0 monsters which can go with any combination, If at any point you exceed the size limit, then you must get rid of another one of your monsters to go back to 3 or less."

"After that there is in descending order, on the left side, Defense written in blue text, critical in white, and power in red. Power signify how strong the attack is, as defense is how well that card can stand against something. Say for this instance Asmodai tried to attack a monster with higher defense than his power, the attack would not work. But if his power is higher, the monster defending would be destroyed. Critical determines how much damage is dealt to the fighter, This is how you can primarily win the game, once a players life reaches 0 its game over for them, each player starts with 10 life as to keep things fair." Twilight went on to continue.

"Next up is the Name, world and attribute. This where you can see what world and type of card or monster is from. For instance, I am from Magic world and a 72 Pillars card. While Ice Blade Joker is a Legend world monster with the Asgard and Water Attributes. These are usually key things to note as some card require specific attributes for some really powerful combos."

"And finally is the Ability. Some cards have skills unique to them and that is written in this area." Twilight explained.

"For me this is where you would read about my skill, "Dangerous-Back-Drop" This skill states when I enter field if you want you can ditch a card from your hand sending it to the drop and I can destroy one monster of your choice on your opponents field Without having to attack. With that Everything has been covered." Asmodai started taking a bow.

"No its not Asmodai, You forgot to explain about the 'Buddy Gift'." Twilight said with a little laugh. Asmodai Gasped and jumped up.

"That's right, a Buddy Gift is a unique event that occurs once for both players through out the fight, it happens only on the first time your Buddy Monster enters the field, Whats the gift? Well my dear audience you as the player gain one life point free of charge just for calling your friend to enter the fray with you, At this moment only monsters can be Buddy monsters, However there are a few Weapons which can be your buddy as well." Asmodai stated.

"And with everything covered now we are ready to start the fight. Fighters, Please take your positions." Twilight Proclaimed Kiri and Pinkie both walked to their positions. Pinkie put her deck into a floating upside down pyramid as Kiri's deck shone into light.

"Like frozen water, my power makes me tough to break. Luminize! Unstoppable Ice Blizzard!" Kiri chanted the deck then becoming incased in what looked like Snowflake designed deck case.

"A kaleidoscope of excitement and adventure! Luminize! Kaleido Labryinth!" Pinkie Cheered

"Ready? Buddy... Fight!" Twilight Cheered. The fight was was chanted with the half of the stands that were the visiting monsters and the elements of harmony.

"One last thing Before we begin, Since this is the first time I feel we should have Kiri Go first to help explain the turn order of events for the game. Any Problems with that Kiri?" Asmodai looked over at his friend.

"No problems here Asmodai, now when we begin the top 2 cards of our decks go to the gauge and then we each draw 6 cards for our starting hand. Since I'm going first, unfortunately I don't the start phase draw. However I can Charge and a draw so I will." While kiri was talking 2 large glowing card appeared to the left of both players with 6 smaller cards of light infront of them. Kiri took one of the cards in his hand and sent it to the gauge where it grew in size a smaller card of light then fell from the snowflake to join the rest of his hand.

"Next I pay One Gauge and Equip Rune Staff." The first large glowing card became a tiny star that flew into the card kiri was holding up which then shone and changed to become a blue staff with snowflake design at the tip of it.

"Now I activate Rune Staff's Ability and Send the top card of my deck to the Gauge." A light spawned from the staff as another card appeared in the gauge. This drawing a lot looks of surprise from the Equestrian Home audience. "Next I cast the set spell Gleipnir." A small Bubble appeared above Kiri's head with the Gleipnir written on it. "Then I call Frost Wall, Nevel Vans to the center and Frost Giant, Hrimthurs! to the left!" Suddenly A Cloud of multi-colored vapor that took on different animal head shapes at random appeared in the center field in front of Kiri and a Giant Ice troll looking creature wielding a Sword of ice stood proud.

"Now pinkie, While going first does prevent me drawing first, I do get to do something very rare but I can only do this once. Hrimthurs! Attack the Fighter!" Kiri Declared. The Giant Hefted its sword onto its shoulders giving a low rumbling growl as it walked over to the Pink Pony. Slowly it Raised its sword Celestia Luna and Cadance all gave looks of fear. But All of the held fast as they saw the Elements of Harmony Smiling, Spike on the edge of his seat eating some gems, and starlight looking relaxed.

"Hidden Crossbow!" Pinkie Shouted as suddenly a panel behind the giant opened up and a cross bow peeked through before firing an arrow into the Giants back. It giving a grunt of pain before shattering then disappearing.

"An excellent counter spell Provided by Pinkie. Honestly, I thought she would choke a bit right there. But thats the great part about this game! Anything can happen." Asmodai stated.

"Pinkie is an odd one but she is surprisingly adept at making quick decisions for what should be the best outcome she thinks. Improv is one of her greatest feats, and when it comes to making friends, she doesn't pull her punches." Twilight added on, "For those of you in the audience who don't understand what just happened. There are certain spells and abilities that can be used on either player's turn during any moment, those abilities are called 'Counter' Abilities. And can be used to defend yourself or make offensive plays."

"Aww shucks guys thanks, but the fights not over yet and I'll See this through to the end or my name isn't Pinkamena Diane Pie, and I'm pretty sure it is." Pinkie giggled.

"The move Ends." An automated voice states.

"Ooh! Ooh! My turn! Draw! Then, Charge and Draw!" Pinkie Cried happily.
"Next I call to the center Dragonblade Wielding Sheila Vanna, to the right Gummy Slime, and to the left Fledgling Warrior, Ocker Glaser!" All at once a pink little jelly thing with wings appeared on the right, another bipedal being with red hair goggles and a sword to the left and in the center a larger female with a considerably large sword that seemed to be glowing.

"Since I have a Dungeon enemy and an adventurer on my field Sheila Vanna Activates 2 of her abilities. The first is that she gains an additional 2 critical and she gains the ability penetrate! Meaning when she attacks and destroys your center monster, you will take damage equal to her critical." Pinkie giggled a bit as her smile widened. "Next I set Mission Card "Defeat Monsters!". You Ready Kiri?" Pinkie called out. Kiri Gripped his staff and pointed it at her with a smile on his face.

"Come at me Pinkie, I wanna see how strong you are!" Kiri called back.