• Published 12th Dec 2017
  • 1,403 Views, 86 Comments

Cards with power - Corsair49



It was a normal day like any other in the land equestria when suddenly Cards began to fall drift from the sky soon afterwards from the cards came monsters and spells and all of them all had one thing to say at first. "Are you Ready? Buddy FIGHT!!"

  • ...
1
 86
 1,403

Final 8 | Declaration of War | Punishment Vs Salvation

"Behold those that have sinned lined before you and Administrate your Judgement! Lumenize, Executioner's Destruction!" Arid Declared as His deck case became his Scythe Soul Vaag appearing in waves of flame by his side.

"Renounce Your sins and Accept our divine absolution! Lumenize Guardians Salvation." Gilda said as A tilted halo appeared above her head.

"Lets Raise the Flag!"

"I fight for the Searing Executioners!" Arid declared his health dropping to and his gauge increasing to 4.

"I fight for the Divine Guardians!" A golden banner rose above her as Feathers as Pure and white as Celestia's Fluttered about. Her health increasing to 12 and gauge decreasing to 1.

Arid has the first move.

"Draw and charge and draw, Set gate of verdict judement. You stand before the gates of Tartarus, Next In line for your punishment Lets Begin the Judgement!" The Gates of Verdict Erupted behind Him Chains Lashing out
as screams of the punished are heard as they beat against the locked gate trying to open it from the inside. "Next I activate the gates ability to gain 1 gauge and mill 2." Lifting his Scythe The Gates chains lashed out grabbing two cards before burning them away from the ashes a gauge appeared. "Following that I cast Little Light sending a card from deck to the drop and gaining a health." A shadow of a candle was seen rushing into the scythe as a single card came out and was wreathed in flames before Arid's Health Increased to 9" Next I pay 1 gauge and equip my purgatory sword, Silva Gibson." Stamping the butt of his Scythe into the ground he held out his left claw as the blade appeared Wreathed in flames of the Tartarus. "Now I cast Damian's decisions milling 2 to gauge 1 and draw 1. Then i Follow it up with Banquet of the unrighteousness." two more cards were burned away before a new gauge and a new hand cards appeared as 3 cards appeared before arid Suddenly all of them igniting. "No monsters so all 3 cards are sent to the drop. So ill pay 3 gauge to add a card from the drop to my hand and I choose Gagalgarios the Warden of this Prison."The Gates strained as they opened and a card Wreathed hellish blue flames appeared and flowed forward into Arid's hand. "Next I pay 1 gauge to call to the center Sword Edge Jailor, Zagulas and with his ability I add a Gate of Judgement, -verdict- To my hand. Now go Sword attack the fighter." black dragon with Bone white spikes and sharp forward facing horn from the head of his face appeared Roaring loudly to call forth the gates of hell appeared before Sword Edge Charged and struck gilda dropping her health from 12 to 10.

"MY move I draw and Charge and draw. First I set Gate of Absolution Sanctuary! Then I cast Haven's Gift to add Gate of pardon, -Forgiven- to my hand then I'll set that." Two Divine Gates seemed to appear on beds of clouds One shining brilliantly with golden light that seemed to make all who basked in its heavenly glow feel at peace with their wrong doings. While the other had feathers and wings spread and shined with a soft glow that provided a field of comfort and safety. "Next Since I know this will strike Close to home I set All Dragons Go to Haven. Well All but you at least."The field around them seemed to pulse and change into a mountainous region that one would use to describe Elysium itself. "Call to the center Life Envoy, Nectar." A Tiny worm like dragon of gold and pearl appeared with a goblet filled with some liquid. "And then I buddy call to the left, Miraculous Water Envoy Ochimizu. And since I'm gaining a life from his buddy gift his ability goes off So gain a gauge and Since I have 3 or less cards in the drop along with Pardon on my field I get to draw a card." A larger Dragon worm like dragon appeared this one however seemingly have an ethereal red energy surge between teh different parts as it spread its 6 feathered wings a shining light healing Gilda providing a gauge and hand card.

"So long as there is water there will be life and with life comes the fruits of love." It spoke its male voice serene and calmly.

"Awww yeah! now you know how we griffons love to get pumped up well this item adds to the love I equip Sky pill armor, Doreamarti." Covering her entire right Forelimb and claw was an piece of armor with gold filigree and seemed to have glowing runes and light into it. "Now I know my hands looking a little thin so lets get some divine blessings going my way. I Activate the effect of my Doremarti sending a card to the bottom of the deck to gain a gauge. And then Activate the effect of Sanctuary to send the last card in drop to the bottom of the deck and i get to draw 2." The Armor glow began to intensify as a sphere of power grew and she blew on it its pieces spreading into her halo and into the gauge. As the Gate with wings door opened and what appeared to be Cherubs flew outwards as another card was brought into its encompassing light. The cherubs gave Gilda the cards before flying off. "Lets go Nectar Save that sinner!" The little dragon with the cup began to fly forward before suddenly Zagulas raored and charged at the little dragon.

"Cast Black Beast Battle arts. Giving my boy 4k attack and defense and counter attack." Arid declared Zagulas defense became too much and the little dragon was smashed by the horn shattering away.

"Dang Should've realized you wouldn't go down without a fight but that just makes it more fun for me! Ochimizu pick it up where NEctor left off."

"As you desire My lady. As the water Ebbs and flows so does life. Let the Rivers wash clean your soul and give you the piece you so desire!" Ochimizu declared as it coiled around Zagulas before releasing a torrent directly on it Shattering the monster.

"Nice now hit that drake with a Double attack." Gilda ordered

"Now Let your sins fade." Ochimizu declared as a wave Crashed down onto Arid making his health Decrease to 7.

"Now I'll attack you!"Gilda Declared before striking arid in the Solar plexus Arid's Health dropped from 7 to 6. "Its your move". Taking a Deep breath Arid Growled.

"Draw and charge and Draw, I activate the first ability of Verdict again milling 2 to gauge 1." 2 more cards burned the Ashes turning into gauge. "Next i call to the center Formless Jailer, Izumonokami. Then I pay 3 gauge and Sacrifice my Izumonokami to make way for the Warden Hellfire Executioners Dragon, Gagalgarios." In Flash of Smoke a Yellow and black ninja had Appeared only to become Just as quickly enveloped in the Blue hell flames before the Mighty Warden Appeared. "I activate the effect of my sword Paying 1 gauge and mill a card to draw 1." The sword silver runes began to glow as chains Cut through the gauge and hit the deck burning them away as a card appeared in his hand. "Now gagalgarios attacks and his effect goes off."

"I have judged your sins and found you guilty of the Sin of Pride, for who are you to forgive me of my greatness!" Black Hellfire surged forth from the challenge Burning the top 2 cards of both players decks, Granting a Gauge to Arid and burning 2 health away from Gilda dropping her health from 11 to 9.

"Cast the shield of justice will never shatter." An Emphereal hero Appeared before Gilda raising a shield to block the flames.

"Fine then Gagalgarios Destroy the guardian standing in your way. let your fury fly as you activate your effect." Arid Commanded.

"And so the Angel Fell from his perch his wings Burned away from the fires of the sun. His pride and Hubris amounting to his fall from grace!" Gagalgarios Roared once again with the flames of Tartarus burning the top 2 cards of both decks away, giving another gauge to Arid and Burning Gilda of another 2 points. dropping her health down to 7. Suddenly a holy shield emitting blinding radiance made of wings appeared.

"Cast Heavens shield Nullifying the attack and Gain a health and thanks to Ochimizu I get a little extra with it." Ochimizu granted another gauge and allowed her to draw another card .

"I end." Arid said.

"draw and charge and draw I activate Pardon putting 3 cards from my drop to the bottom of the deck to gain 1 life. Ochimizu's effect triggers." Her health returned to 9. " Next I call to the right Aeon Envoy, Soma. activating her ability to send another 2 cards from the drop to the bottom of the deck." Another smaller white and gold dragon appeared this one with pink energy moving between the parts as it descended from the light as it took two cards from the drop and bathed them in pink energy sending them back into Gilda's halo. "And since I have 3 or less cards in the drop I can choose to gain a life or gauge a card, my gauge is looking healthy so lets be different from you and get a life."breathing a mist onto Gilda boosting her health to 10 "Next I Activate Doreamarti to gauge one. and then i activate sanctuary to draw 2 since that leaves me with 0 cards left in the drop." the last few cards began to dissappear from her drop as 2 new cards and a new gauge appeared. "Next I enter the attack phase and as a heads up since i have no cards in my drop, My item gets a bit of a bonus of 1 crit. Ochimizu absolve that dragon of his sins." Gilda ordered her gauntlet glowing with power. Ochimizu began to spray a torrent of water onto Gagalgarios who only roared releasing the flames of Tartarus to evaporate the water.

"Cast Own style sliding Fang."Arid declared

"ARGH DOUBLE ATTACK IT" Gilda ordered. Ochimizu this time flew around the warden as water began to whip up and create a Whirlpool that drowned out the dragons flames.

"I'm not done Yet! I am the Warden of Hell! MY flames Shall burn every challenger Away!" Gagalgarios said as he returned with Soul guard.

"Soma with me for a link attack." The two Flew together to lead into an uppercut breaking the chin of the dragon shattering it. "Final Phase I pay 3 gauge and send soma to the bottom of the deck. TO impact call Avalon, "Benedict Ray" and due to Sanctuary they are both 1 size less so Ochimizu gets to stick around to see this smack down." The sky of clouds appeared above all and suddenly like parting water the clouds shifted as a great light beamed down. Similar to that of Princess Celestia's Sun on the Day of the Return of Nightmare Moon. As a Silhouette appeared to descend.

"And so it is in our arms we grant thee, Forgiveness and in our hearts Sanctuary from the evils of this world. It is our hope and joy to see you grow and pass on our teachings to the next so that they two may ascend with us." The mighty being spoke. With 10 wings spread wide and golden beyond the gold of the Sun this being descended to the side of Gilda. "My child What is it you ask of me?"

"Avalon go and Purify the corrupted before you. And Activate your effect I Send 3 cards from the drop back to the deck so he can bounce your field back to the hand and you take damage for it."

"And so it was written that the body and mind shall return to the state of being before they were concieved." A pulse of great light echoed through the field breaking down the Gate of Verdict and the sword and forcing them back into the hand of Arid but the impact hit him hard enough to drop his health down to 4. "But to think one so juvenile could wield so much power has always been a sickening thought. Which is exactly why one must Spare the Child" It said as it floated before Arid. "And Spoil the rod!" Avalon declared before a downpour of holy light physically washed down upon arid to the point he screamed his health dropping to from 4 to 2."

"Dang... your still alive.... I end." Gilda said more than a little annoyed Once the light Subsided however. A set of Tapping was heard from the Team box.

"Truly Arid... What are you doing? Playing with your food? Didn't I tell you not waste time?" Mercurial Fall's Voice seemed to Deafen everything as the Air began to be suffocating and the light seemed to dim ever so slightly. "FIne This once I'll allow you permission. Arid Drake Draconian Order Release Restraint, Level 1." Silence ensued as suddenly where Arid was engulfed in flames that seemed to melt the very ground around him. With only his wings he pushed himself to standing.

"This is the power of Judgement? Of absolution? Of Salvation? This is what is considered Equal to the searing executioners? The Divine Guardians... What a joke." Arid's was clear as Gilda gained a look of fear. Her feathers ruffled and shivered as all eyes where on the burning point of darkness as Arid Stood to fly upwards. "Let me show the mettle of one who has lived through Hell and Tartarus."

"Draw and charge and draw. I set gate of verdict Judgement and use its ability to gauge 1." THe top 2 cards of Arids deck burned away. "Next I cast Demon Way blood eating. Forcing you to give me both a life and gauge." Arid suddenly blasted a gauge card on her side which burned away the ashes becoming a new gauge for himself before he appeared behind gilda and bit down on her dropping her health to 9 and raising his to 3. Only to appear like he never moved to begin with. "Next I pay 1 gauge to cast Demon way, Akeshigure to draw 2 cards after milling 2." 2 cards burned away the ashes becoming 2 new cards. "Next I buddy call Soulvaag to the center and to the right Land mine jailor." A Dragon head appeared in the right position as Soulvaag entered the field erupting with flames of destruction.

"I Represent the beginning of your end Now be purged in Hellfire!" The black flames erupted from him burning 2 more cards from both players decks. "You who has no power here Face my WRATH!" A fire ball of similar flame to what Arid was Wrapped in launched forward into Avalon burning his wings away as he fell into a crevice in the field made from Soulvaag. the Flames burned a health away from Gilda to 8.

"AGH AVALON!" She cried out for her strongest.

"Next I cast Damian's decision, and then cast Inferno Rule to destroy your sanctuary. Now Lets begin the final assault. Go Soulvaag and attack the fighter." 2 cards burned away to become a gauge and a hand card as one was used to become a blazing stream of fire that broke down the gates of Sanctuary.

"As you Command my Buddy!" A stream of black flames made their way to Gilda before she screamed in fear and pain using whatever to protect herself her health dropping by 2 to 6"Land Mine attacks for 1 now." The dragons head generated a small fire ball that launched towards Gilda before Singing her feathers dropping her to 5. "GO NOW LET ME SHOW YOU A REAL FINAL PHASE. LET ME SHOW YOU THE FULL POWER OF THE WARDEN OF THE EXECUTIONERS I PAY 3 gauge to break the seal, I sacrifice Soulvaag To fuel his rage." Suddenly the Gate behind Arid began to rumble as the 3 gauge used burned with black flames and Soulvaag laughed as he burned away as well. All 4 cards heading into Gate. Intense roars of Power and rage where heard echoing from the gate as Chain after Chain appeared on the gate as Flames of black and blue and red escaped through the crevices and pounding could be heard on it. Even despite all the chains on it the doors were still being pushed open only to close black. Those brave enough to look into the cracks of teh door when it was being slammed into could See an eye of blazing yellow and red for very brief occasions. Chain after chain went until suddenly it stopped. The silence that began was all devouring and not a being dare breath out of fear of what may happen next. Then they heard it... Soft at first the sound of sizzling. Of metal and Glass being subjugated to intense heat. Arid Flew and held his Scythe Deck infront of the chains all of the fire encompassing him moving to its blade as he brought it up slowly. Then suddenly he slammed it down breaking the first chain "IMPACT CALL GAGALGARIOS , "Prison Pyre Demonic Wave!"" The gates burst open as a wave of hellfire and heat washed about the field and was felt by the spectators burned away at the monsters on Gilda Field leaving naught by ash as as the Massive Black Dragon that was lit in flames of the purest flames of Tartarus Stepped through the Gate its Size filling all of the stadium on Arid's side. "Go Gagalgarios, Show her the Strength of Punishment Over Salvation!"Roaring lost in its berserk rage the Dragon slammed the ground.

"Thousand, million, billions and trillions! I shall pass judgement punish your Pride many times over! For I am the Warden! The Sovereign Ruler of The Searing Executioners!"

"I Ca-" Gilda began only to find herself Chained into place and her cards Chained up as well. "Wh-Why Can't I CAST ANYTHING!" She Squawked in fear.

"Gagalgarios Special effect. When he attacks if my drop has atleast 25 cards in it you cant counter him." Arid said calmly.


"Feel the Punishment for your Pride of your so called SALVATION!" Gagalgarios roared engulfing Gilda in his flames. Her screams could be heard as everyone Saw her Health Appear at 5 And Burn away Slowly at first to 4 then the fire grew stronger turning it into a 3 burning even faster to 2 roaring into a burning 1 and then the life burst into flames once again exploding into a 0.

"Game over... Winner Arid Drake of Burning Heart." The field began to fade away as well as any injuries they were supposed to have endured. However the Podiums the two fighters stood on where both stained with ash and soot from the heat as well as Gilda having some singed fur and feathers.

"You can keep your absolution... My salvation lies with a Bat." Arid said as he walked away.