• Published 12th Dec 2017
  • 1,403 Views, 86 Comments

Cards with power - Corsair49



It was a normal day like any other in the land equestria when suddenly Cards began to fall drift from the sky soon afterwards from the cards came monsters and spells and all of them all had one thing to say at first. "Are you Ready? Buddy FIGHT!!"

  • ...
1
 86
 1,403

Final 8 | Declaration of War

The next couple of weeks were filled with back to back fights For team Burning Heart. It help accellerate the process because it seemed every one wanted a piece of them Each member was assigned to fight an individual team for the knock out rounds with permissions granted by the teachers of the school. Reenforced by Prince Blue Blood who would send some of the better teams after them. But 1 by 1 their opponents fell. Spike began to get stronger as he fought but fatigue was not something to mess around with when it came to these 3. Fortunately with the support of Stargazer and a few of the other teachers they were able to find places to eat and sleep. All while Spike, Arid and Mercurial were actually getting along like friends with moments to spare for some O&O with Discord, Arid, Big Mac, Rainbow, Mercury and Star Gazer. One thing they learned was not to split the party and pull Star gazer away from her brother.

Somewhere in the realm of Chaos Discord shuddered at the memory of the last game.

"Everything ok Dissy?" Fluttershy asked worried.

"Oh of course just some time you ponies have no idea how capable of chaos you can be." He said offhandedly. Fluttershy just tilted her head confused.

"Do you mean pinkie?"

"N-no i meant Mercurial's sister."

"Aww isn't she just the sweetest she made fast friends with Mr. Bubbles." Flutteryshy coo'd.

"yeah... Simply sweet as sugar that one heh." He said nervously for minute as he looked outside his window he thought he saw Star Gazer there fixing him with a glare wearing the clothes of her character. But after a blink she was gone.

The following morning of the week after the training Everyone was told there were to be no more challenges that Day as an announcement must be made. Welcoming the small respite each student was in their home room, Spike was, Mercurial Arid and Stargazer were enjoying the respite they got by resting until a large gong like sound was heard and a magically transmitted screen appeared in the center of the Chalkboard. Suddenly the Insignia of the School academy was seen before a magic rune appeared and shattered it revealing Asmodai, Twilight Sparkle, Blue Blood, Starlight Glimmerand Feather weight with Takochu.

"Greetings and welcome everyone to this wonderful morning Here at the Equestrian Buddyfight Academy." Twilight Sparkle said cheerfully.

"Over the past few weeks you all have learned, Improved and grown as Buddyfighters and friends and that does us teachers and Councilors proud." Starlight added

"That is not to say that you have all had your fair share of strife and conflict, as Necessity is the mother of invention, Conflict is Key for growth. Which is why we are all proud to say the Final 8 have been decided For our schools strongest fighters." Blue Blood Said with grace befitting a man's whose voice displays the highest amount of Self inflated ego.

"But just because the Top fighters have been chosen for now doesnt mean something cant change later Now without a further ado lets introduce the top team! Feather weight and myself will provide a break down on each fighter and the basics of their decks." Asmodai said as the camera got a close up of the two.

"That's right Asmodai Now lets get this review underway!" Featherweight cheered

"Ranking at number one is Team Guillotine, Led by Atlas and his Buddy Gallows!" Asmodai introduced. The name appeared a group of 3 silhouettes the words being written in bones with a guillotine dropping behind it.

"Following up with Brass Knuckles and his buddy Crimson Battler Drum Bunker Dragon." A Minotaur with his fist pounded into his hand grinned maliciously at the camera.

"Finally its the Princess of Shadows, Silhouette Pirouette. And her buddy Silhouette Joe." Asmodai said as the light shown on a Young Unicorn who seemed to hold all the grace and elegance of Fleur De Lis. "Whats the word on this team Feather?"

"Well Asmodai, It seems that after that crushing defeat That Atlas faced at the hands of Mercurial Fall He went on a binge training program with Gallows."Feather began the last moment of the fight where Mercury impaled him with the sword. "It was on this training binge where he met with Brass Knuckles. The two quickly grew to only want serious fights between each other from their strength. Silhouette caught their eye as she had expertly been fighting against Some of the other students. Growing bored this girl only accepted the fight from Atlas. She should've thought twice because that fight remains as the only official loss she has obtained." A scene played to show Shadow Karn Gallows wipe out her field and then Dive to hit the wide Eyed Unicorn for game.

"Yikes this seems like their the top dogs." Asmodai commented.

"With only one official loss on each their records they are the true leaders of this school." Featherweight said. "Atlas had this to say. In an interview."

"Why its only natural that those below us will get crushed underfoot. We are the Elite." Atlas said as he drank some tea. His voice matching the same tones as Blue Blood.

"Next team coming up in the roster is the Falling Crescent." The trio was zoomed out of to reveal a roster of 8 different groups before coming in on the next group. Asmodai said as another animation of Falling stars and letters came into place with the C from crescent coming from the moon. "Their leader is none other than local Luna Lover, Memento Mori." Leading Silhouette lit up to show a Hovering Bat Pony whose Hoof was reaching towards the sky. "At their request this team and most others have asked us to keep their buddy monsters quiet for shock factor. What we can say is that they use Star Dragon World." A flag unknown to spike appeared above him.

"Next up is Leona, A feisty Feline of an Abyssinian who has thing for living life on the edge of Danger." The Danger World Flag showed up.

"Finally is a Dragon who hates the heat and embraces the cold, its Gemini." A legend world flag appeared behind the light blue dragon.

"The next team is The Diamond Dog Corporation." A few Dogs were scene Hauling carts of Gems as a few Large Gems Fell behind, another dog wearing a suit came up to them before biting through them like a chisel Rapidly to have it form a Large DDC. "Lead by The Lean Mean Fighting Machine That is Rex Diamantes." The silhouette faded to show a little Chiuaha of a dog. "Followed by his loyal muscles Masasayo Shido." Which looked to be a Neihpon Akita Dog mixed with a Pitbull. "And finally the spunky good boy that is Mekarm!"

"The Worlds they use are respectively Danger World, Katana World, and Dungeon World."

"Next up these Ladies may be Damsels but they are the ones causing distress, They are the Femme Fatales." Femme was made in curse with lipstick but the Fatal was Slashed and cut out to make the word with very Thorny Roses framing it like a border. "With the duo pinnacle of Earth pony Nobility, Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, led by the Fearsome speed demon of the skies, and Predator of the weak, Gilda the Griffon." Asmodai Said as they lit up.

"We actually have a special Message from Gilda griffon to one of the other teams members." Featherweight said as the interview began.

"yeah I got something to say, i was told that there was some punk Dragon out here running the Searing Executioners flag, Well I'll just make this clear, We are declaring war on you, Cuz my flag is none other than the Divine Guardians So come at me little Lizard!" Arid stood up scraping his desk with his nails as he looked at the cocky smirk Gilda was giving him.

"Next up" Featherweight began. "The young Six Prey, and their counter teams the Young Six predators." The two teams made up 1 whole banner one with hooves meeting claws. In a fist Bump. You know em you love 'em its Ocellus, Yona, and Sand bar on one side, and Gallus, Silverstream and Smolder on the other." the two teams debuted at the same time. "They are each using their own world, Sand bar with legend world, Yona with Hero World, Ocellus with Dungeon world, Smolder with Ancient world, Gallus with Danger world, and Silverstream Dragon world."

"Next its the only full Changeling team The Hive." Asmodai said. As a look of the old hive was shown wtih Changelings flying too and from it.

"With lead by spinneret, followed by her older brothers Raiden and Cliff.... I uh.. i actually don't have much on this group as they were very secretive about their decks... part of their rules was that they wouldn't let anyone tell the others their decks.

"And that brings us to the underdogs."

"Seeming coming out of nowhere, with two members who have not lost a single game yet." Featherweight commented.

"Led by My number one assistant and little brother."Twilight called out. into the grop.

"ITS TEAM BURNING HEART!" The letters pulsed like it was heart before erupting outwards and reforming on fire with a heart. Their silhouette showing like the position they took on

"Lead By Spike Dragon the self proclaimed Shadow of the Sun, Who out of nowhere has been on the hottest of hot streaks, This team has consecutively one no less than 20 fights without a break!" Featherweight said.

"Little guy's got some serious behind the fire power of his Buddy Shadow Dragon. But can we talk about for a moment how brutal Arid's deck can get?"

"Indeed with using Searing executioner Flags, your overall life is lessened but you get extra gauge to make up for it with more than enough power for it matter." Featherweight commented as scenes involving some major first turn moves were played out. "We were able to get a quick interview in Star Gazer the Daughter and Self proclaimed 'A-Sis-Stant' Of team Burning Heart! She had this to say."

"HAH!" Stargazer let out a laugh at the expense of Arid's groan.

"So stargazer why don't you participate in the tournament?"

"Because I have no interest in risking hurting my friends like that,"

"Do you mean Arid and Mercurial?"

"Oh heavens no i mean Sylph and the rest of the Fairies." She giggled.

"So as the assistant of Team Burning heart how do you think this is going to play out for them?"

"Most ponies believe in the Theory of evolution but me and my brother follow the Ideal of the Theory of Competition, If you don't know what that is just watch the fights carefully and when you see my brother start to bleed while smiling or Arid actually start laughing then you will see where the game starts go " Star said as she got the food she was waiting for

"Now The official tournament starts tomorrow so all teams are forbidden from fighting in order for them get a moments rest." Asmodai said.

"That being said It's time to see whose Going against who!" Featherweight said as a slot with all 8 teams on both sides began to roll.

"And the First team to fight tomorrow is?" Asmodai asked with anticipation the spinner slowed down to land on the Femme Fatale logo. The other one slowed and as everyone in the school saw it came to stop right one the Burning heart.

"Just like Hearths warming." Mercurial fall said.

"Only with more violence" Arid commented

"We look forward to plenty of friendly matches and great competitions. Remember students its about having fun." Twilight Sparkle.

"And as a reminder the Top 2 teams of the winners bracket and losers bracket will be going to represent us against the Crystal Empire Academy of Buddyfight. With that good luck everycreature."

With that the day passed in relative silence and calm for spike it was staggering while arid and mercurial were both relaxing under or in the tree. Star Gazer was keeping true to her namesake as Spike couldn't help but stay overly worried at what tomorrow was to bring.

Author's Note:

DISCLAIMER I DO NOT OWN THAT ART I LITERALLY FOUND IT AND WENT OMG ITS PERFECT!