• Published 12th Dec 2017
  • 1,403 Views, 86 Comments

Cards with power - Corsair49



It was a normal day like any other in the land equestria when suddenly Cards began to fall drift from the sky soon afterwards from the cards came monsters and spells and all of them all had one thing to say at first. "Are you Ready? Buddy FIGHT!!"

  • ...
1
 86
 1,403

Final 8 | Declaration of War | Apocalypse VS Disaster

Mercurial Fall walked forward with his Partner By his side. Silver Spoon stood opposed to him. The two nodded at each other with a kind of understanding that only two students who want to show that they only care for having fun with pride and respect towards each other.

"I look forward to this Fight Mercurial. Behold for We The Bringers of the End, The Riders of Destruction At my beck and call Blaze the path before with your Cold eyes and lay the foundation for my rule, Lumenize Knights of the End." Silver Spoon declared as her core deck case became a Scepter which she held in hand. "You know I was hoping it would be you I could Fight... We couldn't predict the order and it was supposed to be Diamond Tiara to fight you. So please Show us what a Pony not of Equestria can do." Silver smiled

"I thank you for you candor and your respect, so I shall fight you in earnest let this be a magnificent match for yourself and your friend Silver Spoon." Mercurial Fall Nodded in respect with a soft smile before a Sharpness came into his eyes. A wicked Strength seemed to unfold from both of them. "In effort to change the worlds fate, one must be willing to make sacrifices. Dark Lumenize Disaster Company." Mercurial Fall declared the armor pauldron appearing on his shoulder. "I fight for Dungeon World With My Partner Demon Lord of Demise, Kyoya.

"Thank you for Indulging us. Let us make a wondrous Symphony together." Kyoya said with a slight bow.

"I fight for Darkness Dragon world with my Buddy, Apocalypse King of Knights, Gratos!

"We shall lay waste to all who would oppose our Reign as we spread our Conquest forth. First with this tournament and academy then the rest of the world, Through our absolute Dominance."

"Silver spoon has the first move"

"Draw and charge and draw. I Cast Vampire Fang to gain 2 gauge," A pair of glowing Fangs Appeared on Silver Spoon who then bit into the deck as 2 gauge appeared. "Then I'll use that 2 gauge to call to the left, Treacherous Subject, Belzergald and activate his affect to choose 2 black knights from my deck one to my hand and the other to the drop." A Black Knight with a wolf like helmet in black and gold appeared and fired his Musket at the scepter forcing 2 cards to appear. One with a bullet hole the other without, and that one went into Silver SPoons hand.

"Just remember your Highness, Nothing is ever for free. And Betrayals become necessary."

"Next Call to the right Black Knight, Hell Rapierand to the center Fourth Knight of the Apocalypse Thanatos." 1 knight that seemed to Lizard Like Features a torn and darkened cape sporting a feather cap and stained arm appeared as Riding in from nothingness came a skeletal horsemen donning Blue Armor and a massive scythe rode into the center position.

"I am The 4th Knight of Apocalypse Bringer of Death and Darkness, Thanatos." It spoke with a chilling voice. The temperature in the arena seemed to be dropping by its mere presence."

"Thanatos Strike my opponent." Silver Commanded.

"Hades Cutter!" Thanatos Declared as Charged Forward and Struck Mercurial fall at the shoulder with his blade. Mercury's health Dropping to 8.

"Turn end Mercurial Fall's Turn begins." The announcer Declared.

"Draw and Charge and Draw. I cast Dangerous Fuse." Suddenly a Treasure Box with a stick of Dynamite appeared as 2 cards flew forward.

"Counter with Vampire Fang." Silver Spoon Said as she took another bite of her deck charging her gauge by 2. As one of the cards Revealed its self.

"Very well This is the card you want Black Dragon Priest Gremlin." The card Turned back over before flowing into the chest and it closed. "Well Silver, Left or right?"

"The left one." She said using her magic to cut the Wires. The Dynamite began to act like it was exploding only for the chest to open up and reveal it was Gremlin.

"Well Lucky me I get to add both cards to my hand. Now I Call to the center Gremlin." Gremlin Appeared in the center as he slammed his staff down.

"If you Desire Power you know the cost." He said as 4 cards burned away from Mercury's Deck and a Gauge appeared.

"Once again I Call to the right Gremlin." Another Gremlin with slightly off color clothes more to the red variety appeared.

"Do not let your greed for power be your down fall." he said as he repeated his skill.

"And lastly Call to the left Gremlin." A third one with more of a yellowish hue appeared.

"How much are you willing to sacrifice for your strength." He repeated teh skill for a third time.

"Its amazing that its not a once per turn skill." Silver Commented.

"Amazing isn't it? Next I buddy call to the center."

"So its time for the Crescendo." Kyoya said as he walked forward Calling his blade forth as he surged with lightning. "Call to the left Sophia, call over left Shido."

"Analysis, Apocalypse Deck, Threat level Moderate, High Counter usage. My lord I take my leave." Sophia said before she faded.

"Make way now for the second strongest member of the Disaster Company! It is I, Security Chief Shido!" He said bearing his Scythe with great pride.

"Shido Shadow dives for 2!"

"Behold My strength!" Shido Said as he fell into his Shadow and disappeared Readying his strike against Silver Spoon.

"Black Dragon Shield." She declared putting her health to 11.

"DARN IT And I was so close to...

"Kyoya attacks the center and his effect activates."

"A Knight should just do his part and Kneel before a true Lord If he can't do that much then he should be removed." Kyoya began. "Now Disaster Star Fall!" A surge of electricity Fired from the sword as 7 stars of darkness Struck a Screaming Silver Spoon. whose health Dropped to 4. "Gremlin the path is clear for you."

"Yes My lord." Gremlin said as he aimed his staff and burned Silver Spoon for another 2 points of Damage dropping her health to 2.

"Mercurial Fall's Turn ends. Silver Spoon's Turn begins.

"Draw and charge and draw I pay 3 gauge and buddy call Apocalypse King of Knights, Gratos." six Black Knight corpses Hung Lifelessly in the air. Before Flowing into Gratos.

"The strength of those Fallen before me and for me becomes my own." Gratos Said as he stepped into the field. "Now Kneel before the Might of King of the Apocalypse." Gratos in his Golden bone armor aimed his blade to Kyoya. As Treacherous Faded due to size over limit.

"Next I Cast Rebels Armor." Gratos' Armor began to shift and change as his strength and power increased with its color changing to a dark Purple. "I activate Gratos Ability to destroy the center and deal 3 damage."

"Kneel oh mighty lord before your king." Gratos Said as from his blade was released the Corpse of Thanatos Who grappled the surprised Kyoya before detonating like a bomb destroying both and Dealing 3 damage to Mercury dropping his health to 6.

"Now Hell Rapier Destroy Gremlin." The black fencing knight dashed forward and struck a thousand times before Gremlin was Destroyed. "Gratos attack Mercurial Fall."

"The servant of a Fallen Lord is punished as his lord is." Gratos Declared before bring his Sword down on Mercury Dropping his health to 4.

"Gratos attack Shido." Silver Spoon ordered.

"The price for failing to protect your master as Chief of Defense is Death!" Gratos began to bring his blade down on the Cowarding Shido only for it to ring out as it hit a protective barrier.

"Divine protection of shelsana." Mercurial Said as he gained a health.

"Thank you for the save my lord.." Shido said embarrassed.

"The move ends. Mercurial Fall's Turn begins."

"Draw charge and draw. Call Demon Lords Puppet Terumi." A young girl with empty eyes appeared wielding a bow, wearing an elegant Black Dress.

"I am my lords' Servant.... Servant..."

"Next I pay 3 gauge and sacrifice Shido to call forth Kyoya once again." Mercury Declared. Kyoya Reforming with a Sadistic Look in eyes and on a villainous Look on his face.

"I do believe it is time to End This Mercury." Kyoya said Simply looking over his shoulder getting a nod from his Partner.

"Gratos Destroy That Demon Lord once and for all." Silver Spoon said.

"Yes my queen!" Gratos Said as another Corpse was launched forth towards Kyoya.

"Terumi. You will protect your Lords Wont you?" Kyoya and Mercury both said in unison. Terumi Spurred on by the words Immediately Jumped Forward in front of the Corpse and took the hit of the explosion destroying herself as Mercury took 3 damage leaving him at 1 health. As she began to fade she looked back at her masters. Kyoya looked past her as Mercury nodded softly at her. A twitch of her lips and tears were the last things seen of her.

"Wh-what?" Silver spoon questioned confused.

"Ah yes... none of you have ever seen Terumi have you?" Kyoya began. "Let me clarify something for you lot." He said as he held out his hand and a small puppet of terumi appeared to be dancing underneath it. "She is such a loyal being but unfortunately she has no initiative. But her loyalty is second to none as she strives for acknowledgement from both of us. Yet her only use for me... Is Cannon Fodder." Kyoya said nonchantly like he was talking about the weather. "As such her ability is to sacrifice her self for any of the other Disaster Members."

"I'll be sure to pamper her later though as she did well for her debut." Mercury said in a more melancholy state of mind.

"That is your choice and prerogative. Now then What shall I do?"

"Kyoya Finish This. Attack Gratos." Kyoya smiled as 7 stars of destruction appeared above mercury while Kyoya Disappeared from sight only to have had his blade thrust deep into and through Gratos' armor. From the destruction of Gratos a corpse flew from the wound initiating Soul guard and Giving Silver spoon an extra health putting her at 5.

"Disaster Star Fall." mercury ordered Gesturing outwards spreading his left wing as each star fell individually upon Silver Spoon each one dealing one damage Until she had no health Left coming in at a different angles like they were a constellation in the sky of shooting stars each one making her scream in horror as the end of the game came about for her.The last 2 falling onto her at the same time.

Silver Spoon fell to her haunches as she looked at Kyoya and Mercury with Disbelief.

"You both are as bad as Villains to be willing to throw someone away like that." She declared with an angered look. Kyoya face had an amused look to it at that statement while Mercury Sighed Shaking his head with a forlorn smile.

"You misunderstand Silver Spoon." Kyoya said.

"There are those like me in this world that believe we have to bad or dark deeds to prevent worse from happening. That is where I stand and why I am able to do this." Mercury said whistfully as he turned away. "Because this world needs to be peaceful there has to be those who stand in the dark against it never to claim the glory and to take the fall for the real heroes." He explained walking back to his team.

"Game Over. Winner Mercurial Fall. Match Over, Winner Team Burning Heart." The announced declared.

"Lets go back to the dorm guys... I'm tired." Silver said to his small group of friends Arid and Stargazer both nodded. Spike was hesitant but nodded as well.

"Hey... Mercury... you wouldn't throw me away right?" Spike asked. A hurt smile appeared across Mercury's features.

"Nope, after all you are the hero of this story."

***Meanwhile in Manehattan ***

Within the Dark and stormy skies of Manehattan instead of rain falling are strange cards begin falling to the people Red and Black with a strange Logo on one side of it.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update I'll try to post another this week to make up for last weeks mishap. And that brings us to the close of the first match of the tournament. But strange... Whats happening in Manehattan?.