• Published 16th Jul 2017
  • 1,538 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Star Butterfly - Omegathyst



Crossover with Star vs. The Forces of Evil. Star and Marco go to Equestria to escape from Ludo and are pulled into the crazy adventure, drama, and unexpected romance that Equestria offers.

  • ...
10
 13
 1,538

Exposed Secret

Author's Note:

To be clear, Star Butterfly is meant to be an unlikable character in this story. Any racism she portrays is meant to be part of her bad character and is not condoned by me in any sense of the word.

Starlight walked into the Everfree Forest nervously. She almost thought that any moment that intimidating earth pony would show up and wave her wand again.

She was scared and when Zecora's home came into view, she wasted no time bolting toward it. She knocked her hooves quickly on the door.

The zebra opened the door and looked surprised at Starlight's fearful shaking.

"My reformed dear, for it is me you seek?" Zecora whispered softly. "Why, how come you look so meek?"

"Twilight's new student...she's horrifying!" Starlight gasped.

"Star Butterfly?" Zecora asked. "Could it be there is more in her that meets the eye?"

Starlight walked in and Zecora brewed some calming tea and then she explained everything to Zecora.

"I thought only the toughest of alicorns and unicorns could use the Wildfire spell..." Zecora pondered. "As to what this pony could also do, time will tell."

"I don't think we should let time tell." Starlight panicked.

"Twilight trusts her." Zecora reassured her.

"But I haven't seen her ever since they came back to Ponyville!" Starlight cried.

Zecora's eyes flashed in surprise.

"Dear Starlight." Zecora said. "Take me to the castle so we can change this wrong to a right."


Marco was snug in the covers of the couch, he was worried when Fluttershy told him that her cranky rabbit Angel always sleeps there.

But Fluttershy put him in a cage with many blankets. Even though it looked very comfortable, the rabbit scowled anyway.

He felt so happy, which shocked himself. How could he be this happy here of all places?

It must be Fluttershy's kindness, it must warm even the most sour of ponies.

Early morning had started as Marco heard chirping outside the cottage. He smiled as Fluttershy woke up and opened the cage, letting out her annoyed bunny.

"Morning Marco." Fluttershy greeted him softly. "Pancakes?"

"Whatever works for you, 'Shy." Marco replied happily. "I wanted to ask you, well-"

Knock! Knock!

"Oh, I wasn't expecting more company." Fluttershy opened the door and Marco saw a pink unicorn and a zebra.

This land is so weird.

"Are you housing a stallion named Marco here?" Zecora asked.

"Yes, can I help you?" Marco said, getting up to face the two.

"I've heard your Star's friend." Starlight explained. "She tried to attack me and said Twilight told her I was evil. And me and Twilight are friends!"

"Can you explain this, with your friend and Twilight is there something amiss?" Zecora demanded.

"...do not tell Star I said this. But she used a wand to put a spell on Twilight to brainwash her." Marco answered.

Fluttershy gasped and backed away from Marco, which really hurt his feelings.

"Thank you." Zecora nodded. Her and Starlight left leaving Fluttershy staring at Marco shocked.


Star slept comfy in Twilight's bed, and heard frantic knocking and ran to it.

Gotta make sure that no one suspects anything.

She opened the door and saw a zebra, with angry blue eyes.

"You ain't a pony." Star huffed.

"Where is Twilight Sparkle?" Zecora demanded, her nostrils flared.

"Right here!" Zecora saw Twilight walk to Star's side and was not at all tricked.

She could see the glassy look in Twilight's eyes and recognized it at a brainwashing spell. Star felt scared inside as the zebra did not look relieved but determined and remembered that she left her wand on one of the library tables.

She instantly bolted for the library and Zecora followed. Star picked up her wand and pointed it at Zecora.

"I am not losing my future to some dumb zebra! Radioactive torture spell!" Star screamed as a dark green spell went straight for Zecora.

Zecora's eyes widened but she leaped out of the way and looked in her bag for what supplies she brought in case this would happen.

"Nice try, but I can clearly see the glassy look in Twilight's eyes." Zecora growled as she grabbed a scoop of maroon red powder and blew it in Star's face.

Suddenly Star felt dizzy and felt the want of sleep hit her full-force, she began losing her balance and fell over, her eyes feeling heavy.

"No longer will you be brainwashing ponies for sport!" Zecora said boldly. "Cause you will be seeing every Princess in court!"

Star gasped and tried to get up when she realized she had lost feeling in her hooves, she couldn't handle fighting the sleep anymore and her head slumped over and everything went black.


"Fluttershy I wasn't part of this I swear..."

"Why didn't you tell the Princesses then?!" Fluttershy whimpered, biting her lip.

"I didn't know what to do! She was my best friend and well, I guess I wasn't kind enough to stop her before it was too late." Marco's shoulders fell and his ears flattened. "I'm a terrible friend."

He felt his heart break when Fluttershy only stared back with teary eyes and realized how much it could possibly hurt that he let Star brainwash one of her best friends.

I've gotta get out of here now...

"I guess I should leave now." Marco sighed sadly.

Fluttershy frowned and walked towards Marco and laid her head on his shoulder.

"We could...talk about this later." Fluttershy whispered. "Right now, I need to make sure my friend is okay."

"FLUTTERSHY! FLUTTERSHY!"

"It's Applejack!" Fluttershy gasped. "And all my other best friends! What are all of you doing here?"

"Apple Bloom told me Zecora's got Star and Twilight tied up in the middle of Ponyville!" Applejack explained. "Turns out she got Twilight under some brainwashing spell! And Spike sent a letter to bring Princess Celestia and Luna here!"

"We got to get there right away!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

Fluttershy didn't even waste a moment to ask Marco if he was coming but instead galloped fast following them to Ponyville.

Scared of what could happen there to his friend, even though she had made bad decisions that hurt his friendship with Fluttershy, he took off and caught up to them as the six of them headed to Ponyville.