• Published 30th Oct 2017
  • 6,922 Views, 241 Comments

Sonic Forces: Resistance is Magic - MetalJrock



Flung into another world at war, the Elements join Sonic and the Resistance to fight against the Eggman Empire.

  • ...
13
 241
 6,922

Death Egg: Prison Hall/Egg Gate (Vs Zavok)

A Day Ago in the City...

The city was a warzone, like always. Another battle to turn the tides was going on, and it wasn't looking good for the side of good, That strange being glowing red, the one that bested Sonic, looked at the soldiers trying to fight him off, lasers aimed at him. "Pathetic. I guess I have to bring you all in line again. The hard way."

He opened a palm and shot out a burst of energy, explosions coming out from where they hit. Screams of pain were heard as the blasts injured them. Debris flew everywhere and bodies were thrown. It was a terrifying sight to say the least.

But there was one still standing. A red wolf. He was hiding behind some debris. He closed his eyes. He wanted this to end, but at the same time, he knew he had to try. So he grabbed one of the laser guns and aimed it, his arm and by extension his body shaking. He gulped, unable to even release a good shot.

The entity chuckled, "Ah, another weakling. I can taste your terror child, every bit of fear. I do not blame you." he shot a beam right in front of Buddy, causing him to trip and drop the laser in surprise, landing on his backside. "Go ahead. Give in to your fear. Flee, screaming with your tail between your legs, and I shall let you live."

Scared for his life, Buddy ran away. He could hesr that monster chuckle darkly once more, "Another weakling to keep in check. His fear is delicious." he told himself.


"Yo, Buddy!"

The wolf's eyes snapped open, hearing the voice of Rainbow Dash shout for him. "You kinda snapped out of it. That's kinda my thing." she waved a hoof in front of his eyes, knocking him out of his horrifying memory. He was beginning to wonder if running away was a mistake. He shrugged, wondering why he was being called for.

As of now the Resistance and the girls were aboard one of Eggman's hijacked shuttles. Together they were formulating a plan for Sonic's rescue. Buddy daydreamed while waiting.

"We're about to begin explain the strategy for when we arrive on the Death Egg." Twilight explained. "It'd be best if we were all listening in."

"Ah, give the kid a break. It's his first mission." Vector taunted, "You look like yer shakin', Rookie." Buddy tried to keep himself still, but deep down he was a little scared.

"Rouge. Do you copy?" Knuckles asked.

"I read you, Red." Rouge replied.

Knuckles said, "Sonic is alive. Can you confirm his location on the Death Egg so we know where to infiltrate?"

Rouge said, "Yeah, I can do that."

"Rouge?" Applejack asked.

The echidna responded, "Best spy on the Resistance. I requested she infiltrated the Death Egg on a stealth mission yesterday to see if it had a connection to the missing people and soldiers. If Vector's hunch is correct, no doubt Sonic would be kept under tight security."

"I see him." whispered Rouge through the communicator, "I spot Zavok keeping guard. It seems they want Big Blue locked down through any means necessary. He's being kept in a maximum containment sector in he center of the station. I can't compromise my position now and risk releasing him. Let me know when you arrive so I can shut down the security in the confusion."

"I'll let the others know." Knuckles said, ending the transmission, "Alright, everyone. The plan is simple. We go into the Death Egg, trash some bots and provide a distraction so Rouge can shut down security and release Sonic from his prison."

"What do you want us to do?" Twilight asked.

Silver raised a hand, "We'll be splitting up to cover more ground. Some of you should stick with Buddy."

"Eh. I'll join him. This Rookie can learn about my awesomeness on the way there." Rainbow bragged, nudging the wolf's elbow. Even he had to roll his eyes at that. "Hey, you can even show off that little weapon of yours." she gestured to the Wispon. Buddy shook his head, basically telling her that it should only be used when necessary. Mostly for when they arrive.

Twilight spoke up, "I'll go with them. At the very least to backup Buddy. Although I am intrigued by that Wispon as you call it."

Knuckles raised a finger, "There's something you girls and the Rookie should know. The Death Egg is obviously one of the most fortified locations Eggman has. Sonic, Tails and I had to deal with it when we were younger. It was filled with deadly traps and the like according to those two even without the robots. I'm sure the design of it inside will be different compared to last time. I was unable to go due to being weakened after Eggman caught me off guard."

"Hold up." Applejack interrupted and asked, "Ya dealt with this here space station before?"

"Believe it or not, yes. The leadup to it's first relaunch was... not one of my proudest moments. It's how I met Sonic and Tails after all. With the world under his iron fist, it was obvious Eggman would rebuild one of his deadliest weapons." Knuckles elaborated, "And it's probably gotten an upgrade too."

"Eggman was more viscious than any of us thought." Rarity grumbled, "It appears as though he's gone too far. Moreso than when he attacked Equestria."

Silver responded, "You have no idea. Unfortunately now's not the time for sharing stories."

Nodding, Espio spoke up, "Indeed. We should be focused more on coming up with a strategy. I also think some of us should stay aboard the shuttle to ensure none of the robots take it when we dock and keep it on a low profile."

"I think I'll stay..." Fluttershy offered.

Rainbow Dash raised a brow, "You sure, Fluttershy? You're gonna miss out on the fun."

Fluttershy nodded, "I'm sure. I don't think I can handle fighting right now..." she whimpered.

"That's understandable." Knuckles said, "Charmy, Amy. The two of you willing to stay behind with her?"

Charmy saluted, "Aye aye, commander."

Silver nodded. He looked out and saw that they were nearing the Death Egg, "We're almost there."

"Is that the Moon?" Pinkie chimed in.

Vector sighed, "That ain't no moon, Pinkie. That there is the Death Egg itself." Buddy's jaw was agape. He had never seen it before. This was certainly something he hadn't anticipated when he was recruited for the Resistance.

"Wow. Eggman really likes his face." Rainbow commented, noticing that the space station was shaped like Eggman's face. "That is one ugly space station."

Rarity nodded and closed her eyes, "I agree, Rainbow. That is something I wish to have never looked at."

Amy spoke up, "It looks like he's actually expanded it a little. There's a lot more there." she faced Knuckles, "Did Rouge send you the coordinates of where we can shut off the security?"

The echidna gazed at the laptop and said, "She did actually. Once we arrive, we'll immediately each branch off into different paths to divert the robots to make the breakout easier. Best be prepared for a fight. That includes you five." he told the Equestrians. "This war is different from when we were in Equestria. We gotta rush in there, save Sonic, and get out before we get the worst of the bunch on us."

"We got it, Knux." Applejack said, "Just lead the way and we'll follow ya!" she declared.

Rainbow looked to the wolf, "Hey, Buddy. You ready for when we get there?" Buddy slowly nodded, a slight shake in his movements, "Ah, don't be scared. You got me and Twi right there with ya. We took on plenty of bots before now too!"

Buddy inhaled and softened his gaze. He had to be ready. Sonic and the fate of the world depended on him to step up for now. He weakly pumped a fist, "Yeah! That's what I wanna see!" Dash cheered, "Let's go kick some robot butt!"

"Is now really the time for this, Rainbow?" Twilight groaned.

Rainbow shrugged, "What? I'm just trying to pump the new guy up so he isn't a shivering mess."

Buddy tapped his chin and smiled, appreciating the effort. These ponies were certainly interesting to say the least. But his mind eased when he remembered he wasn't the only one new to the events ongoing in this war at the very least.

"We appreciate the effort, Rainbow Dash. But we can focus on morale once we're back on planet, where the people need it desperarely." Silver said, "Do you have any spare communicators, commander? I'm sure the girls can use them for obvious reasons."

Knuckles held out some headsets, "I do actually. Each of you take them, we'll keep in contact through these. Be aware of your surroundings and whoever reaches Rouge's location should update us immediately so we know to prepare to make a getaway. Cause I'm sure Eggman's robots and Zavok will be on the lookout instantly."

The girls placed the communicators over their heads, a microphone seen in front of their mouths. "Huh. I've never actually seen anything like this before." Twilight said in amazement, "You mean we can talk to each other through these?"

"I'm sure all of you have plenty of questions, but they have to wait. We're arriving on the Death Egg now." Espio revealed, "We'll all have to head out immediately."


The shuttle landed, and everybody, now that they had a sound plan of attack made their exit through the loading bay. Back on the ship, Fluttershy gulped to herself, "Oh, I hope they make it back safely." she muttered.

"This isn't our first mission, Fluttershy! Everyone will be just fine!" Charmy assured.

"I know, it's just..."

Amy wrapped an arm Fluttershy's back, "It's not easy I know. I'm sure your friends will be OK out there. Knuckles seemed to respect what you all could do before. Once we save Sonic, everything will start to get better. I just know it will."

Fluttershy said, "Um, okay. Can I ask how you all do it? None of this sounds good at all..."

Charmy hovered right next to the meek pegasus, "We have to believe. We all fought Eggman before! I don't think any of us will be fine with him getting away with being evil."

"Without Sonic, we tried to end this ourselves. We stopped a few things, but it's as though his army is limitless. No matter how much we try, we can't break through one of his fortified locations, such as Metropolis or the Death Egg." Amy elaborated for Fluttershy. "But we have to keep trying anyway."


"HEY! Can everypony hear me?!" Pinkie shouted from her end.

Rainbow, Twilight, Buddy and presumably everyone else wherever they're at cringed upon hearing the loud voice. "Yes, Pinkie. We can hear you, loud and clear. A little to loud actually..." Silver mumbled. "And can you keep it down? This is partially a stealth mission. Which requires silence if you didn't know." he reminded her.

"Oops! Sorry..." Pinkie apologized, her tone now quiet.

Buddy rolled his eyes, and Rainbow chuckled, "Heh. Caught you off guard too right? She does that. You'll get used to it, don't worry." the wolf ran forward, with the two winged ponies flying next him. He did wonder how Twilight had both a set of wings and a horn at the same time when none of the others did. But for the moment, he decided to let the question linger and continue on.

Seeing a curved path ahead, the Rookie slid and used his grapple to ease his turning, his feet sliding as he moved forward. "Whoa! I wish I had that thing!" Rainbow gasped in awe. Buddy swing his body to the side, hitting a ramp so that the three of them could pass through a gate right before it closed on them.

"Alright, can I ask how y'all are doin' on yer ends? Pinkie, Knux and I found some robots on our path!" Applejack asked, sounds of metal clanging heard in the background.

Twilight said, "Everything's mostly clear for us, Applejack." as she said that, a few Buzz Bombers came flying in, "Except for the few bee robots flying towards us."

Buddy looked up and spotted the metallic animals. He inhaled, realizing that he had to fight now. So he jumped as high as he could and pulled the trigger of his Burst Wispon and fire shot out, destroying the line of Buzz Bombers on contact instantly. He noticed he missed one and his eyes widened upon realizing it was about to shoot him, an orb of energy on its stinger, but luckily, Rainbow flew through it, tearing it to pieces thanks to her speed.

"Not bad, Buddy." Rainbow complimented, "That thing you're holding is extra awesome! You can handle this no problem."

Twilight held a hoof to her headset, "Never mind, Buddy and Rainbow destroyed the robots. We're continuing on."

"Hmph. There are robots on all our corners. Silver, Vector, Rarity and I will to hold them off so you can continue." Espio said. "It seems the three of you picked the best path to reach Rouge and meet up with Sonic wherever he is. Continue on and do not worry about us. We can handle what is in front of us."

"Grah! Same with us!" Knuckles responded, seemingly finished with trashing another robot. "Understand the orders, Rookie? Just keep going through the hall!" he ordered.


Applejack kicked another robot back as hard as she could, another gray Egg Pawn. "Ah'm not sure how Eggman could even have so many darn robots."

"That's what we've been trying to figure out, Applejack." Knuckles replied, driving his fist through another bot, "It's like even with the factories all around the planet he has more than he should."

Pinkie bounced off one and drove her hooves through a Buzz Bomber, holding back a laugh, "And is it me? Or do these not look as fun and colorful as they did last time?"

Knuckles growled, "Eggman means business this time, Pinkie. We noticed it back in Equestria, but to see how grim things are... It's different than before. Silver warned us something like this would happen. There is a lot you missed. Trust me." he uppercutted another drone, then spun around curling into a ball to smash one more.

"Sure seems that way." Applejack hissed, using her hindlegs to kick open another Egg Pawn before it could shoot.

The group looked around, spotting more robots coming from all the corridors. Knuckles smashed his namesakes together, Applejack kicked back her hooves in anticipation, dragging them on the metal floor a littl before then, and Pinkie managed a fake scowl, a smile still evident on her muzzle.


Silver opened his palms, a surge of green energy overtaking the robots surrounding them. "Destroy them now! I can only hold them still for so long!"

"What in Celestia's name?" Rarity gasped, wondering what the silver hedgehog was doing, "Is that magic?"

"No. It's my powers. Just stop them." Silver grunted, focusing all his energy into his abilities.

Vector headbutted one of the Egg Pawns. Espio huffed and shoved a Motobug away. Noticing the Buzz Bomber, Rarity used her own magic to drop it down as hard as she could, smashing it to pieces once it touched the ground. "Not bad with the magic or whatever." the crocodile admitted and added. "But it ain't gonna get any easier."

"Oh I know. I just wish it didn't have to be like this." Rarity sighed, "A terrible meeting of worlds, hm?"

Silver said, "Yeah, but we're glad the six of you are here at least. We could use all the help we can get." he swiped his hand on another robot and threw it aside like a ball.

"I see..." Rarity hummed, "As much as I hate getting my hooves dirty, I'll still be willing to help the Resistance."

"That's the talk we wanna hear more often!" Vector said, bringing his fist down on a Motobug.

Motobugs, Buzz Bombers, and Egg Pawns surrounded them on all corners, preventing them from moving. "I do hope Rainbow and Twilight are fine on their end."

"They're with Buddy anyway. Not that I doubt you or your friends of course." Espio said, "For his first day with the Resistance, he exceeded all our expectations."

Silver placed his palm on the ground, shorting out all the robots besides the Buzz Bombers. Using his powers he made them explode with one single thrust of his wrist. "Yeah. Despite his nervousness, he's still here. I can respect that."

Rarity glanced at the scrap, "Oh dear. I do suppose I can see where you're coming from." she put a hoof to her ear, "Twilight, Rainbow Dash. Are the two of you fine?"


"We're A-OK, Rarity." Rainbow Dash replied. "Buddy, Twilight and I are moving through as fast as we can. Not sure what other dumb robots are in here though. And it's still depressingly dark."

"Huh. Then I guess you three found the best possible route." Knuckles realized.

Buddy nodded and ran on, using his grapple to hone in one a lone robot standing still. But when he landed, he fell on his backside instead of on his feet, still not used to doing everything he has to. Rainbow held back a snicker, "Guess you still gotta work on your landing, huh?" she asked playfully, the two ponies helping him stand up again. The red wolf nodded to the cyan pegasus. He was a little embarassed, but it was nothing that will bug him for long.

The three then paused, hearing muffled voices. "Wait... Do you hear that?" Twilight whispered.

"...Yeah, I do. Weird." Rainbow whispered back. "What do you think it is anyway?"

Another voice, more clear this time, "...Help us. Please."

Twilight wanted to send a message real quick, "We're hearing voices through our side of the hall. Is that normal?"

"I think this place is haunted!" Pinkie replied. The alicorn gave her friend a deadpan stare.

"Could it be? Eggman has been holding prisoners in here this whole time?" Silver suggested. "That would explain the various disappearances of our troops."

"Ugh. That's one more thing that Eggman has to answer for." Knuckles growled in disgust. "I thought Sonic was the only one up here. But to know there are others here too... I was a fool to neglect them once they went missing."

Applejack grunted, "This ain't anypony's fault, except Eggman. None of ya should feel it's yer fault they went missin'."

"How could he do such a thing?" Rarity said, "To kidnap innocent people for no purpose?"

Espio sighed, "To kidnap our brethren... Eggman needs no reason to do what he does. He'll do whatever it takes to claim victory. Even if it means losing all sense of morals."

"I can probably see why Chrysalis and Sombra would work with him. He's just as heinous as them. Possibly even moreso." Twilight muttered, "We'll make sure these people are saved as well."

"You all better hurry then." Rouge intercepted, "Cause I think the alarms are going off. Just let me know when you're further in the prison hall." she said.

"Well, the defenses are already in here, Rouge." Rainbow murmured, "We just gotta kick things up a notch then before even more show up! You two ready?"

"You know I can't fly as fast as you, Rainbow Dash." Twilight muttered. "And what about the others?"

Buddy blinked. Wait, she can go fast too? However, his thoughts were halted by Knuckles, "Like we said, we'll hold off the forces coming from our directions. The three of you just rendezvous with Rouge and take care of any other defenses on the way there." the rookie nodded and narrowed his eyes, moving forward once again. He activated his grapple once again and spun around the curving pathway, with Rainbow Dash and Twilight hovering by his sides all the while.

Spotting some robots charging their way, Twilight created a forcefield with her magic, covering Buddy, except for a small hole right where the Wispon was aimed. The wolf pulled the trigger and let out the burst of fire, destroying the robots without even stopping. Rainbow swerved upwards in order to handle the Buzz Bombers, the trail of them exploding once she dashed through them. Twilight was barely bumped by a Motobug that revved after her. So, she used her magic to entrap it in an aura, removing Buddy's and she threw it aside. "Whoa, Twi. Nice." complimented the enthusiastic pegasus.

The three ended up in a narrow hallway, "Be careful. I spotted some more robots guarding the entrance to the control room." Rouge warned. "I'll be in there. Once we shut everything off, we'll have to exit as fast as possible. Who knows what'll come after us."

"We'll take it from here then." Twilight assured, "Can the rest of you fight off any more robots from your ends, then head back to the shuttle? We'll meet Rouge at her coordinates."

Knuckles said, "Sure thing, just give us an update on your status when you're nearby!"

"The same goes for us!" Silver added.

"Just get yerselves back safely." Applejack scolded.

Entering the hallway, Buddy gulped, not liking how dark the room has gotten in comparison to the last one. He spotted three pathways and chose to stay on them the best he could, not wanting to know if there were any traps on the lower way. "Just be careful of where you're stepping." Twilight warned, gazing downward, "I don't think you'll have to worry much if you fall anyway. It's just another floor down there with ramps that lead up here." she used her horn to light up the area the best she could.

Buddy gave the alicorn a thumbs up and ran, stepping towards the left pathway. Suddenly a robot lowered itself from the shadows and charged a laser, which would've hit Rainbow had she not flown away from it, "Holy moly! That thing came out of nowhere!"

"We should stay behind Buddy, then. I don't think that's the only one in this room according to Rouge." Twilight said, flying behind the Rookie's back. Rainbow did the same.

"That robot just caught me by surprise is all." Rainbow waved off casually and scoffed, "I could take 'em on no problem."

The three moved on another narrow walkway, spotting a robot coming towards them, "Look out!" Twilight shouted, covering the three of them in a bubble strong enough to shield them from the giant laser that was aimed directly at them. Buddy exhaled, his life flashing before eyes at that moment before the purple pony saved him. He gave another thumbs up as a thanks.

The room began to flare red, an alarm blaring in the back, "Guess things escalated, huh? Where is Rouge anyway?" Rainbow Dash wondered, the three of them finally making it into the control area. The three slowed their pace and walked, spotting the controls. But no person. Rouge was nowhere to be found.

"Right here." jumping from the shadows was a white bat wearing a jumpsuit of some sort and a pink heart covering her chest. Her wings were kept up on her back, "Well well, nice to see the Rookie and the newbies to our world here. I already shut things off from here, so it'd be best if we got out of here. Sonic's cell is on the other side of the prison. We'll see who makes it first."

Rainbow nodded, "Yeah, sure. Come on. Don't fall behind, batty."

Rouge smirked, "Wouldn't count on it." she began to flap her batwings and flew next to the ponies. It was times like this where Buddy wished he had wings. But that didn't matter. He had to get out before things got worse.


Sitting in a dark cell alone was a certain blue hero, his arms and legs trapped in glowing neon blue cuffs. He sighed, wondering if he'll ever get out. But he couldn't give Eggman the satisfaction of beating him mentally. All that was on his mind was the boredom that was sitting in a cell for who knew how long at this point.

"Well well, if it isn't Sonic the Hedgehog." greeted a cold voice. "Trapped in a cage like a wild animal. Where you belong. Quite a tragic end to the fastest thing alive."

Sonic faced the red being standing on the otherside of the bars, "Oh hey, you... I'm sorry, who are you again?" Sonic asked playfully, wanting to get on the villain's nerves.

"Don't act like you haven't seen me before, hedgehog."

Sonic smirked, "Oh right, you're Zavok. Sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to remember. You're just so... boring."

Zavok scowled, "Keep making jokes all you want rodent, but I am here to make sure you pay for messing with me and the Zeti back on the Lost Hex."

The hedgehog raised his trapped arms, "Look, I'm sorry alright? How about you let me go free and we'll have a friendly chat about it over some coffee and chili dogs, huh?" he offered, a smile on his muzzle, "I think the two of us can make up for last time?"

Zavok clenched a fist, "An offer I'll have to refuse obviously. Your demise will be enjoyable to witness though. Especially if it is by my hand. And that time will come soon."

"Right. Not like I cared anyway." Sonic quipped, "Just trying start an icebreaker conversation, ya know?"

Zavok folded his arms, "A fruitless effort. Like the need for your continued existence. Pathetic that you're reduced to nothing but a sitting duck, awaiting your end."

Sonic and Zavok felt the area shake and the alarms go off, "Huh. I guess a party's about to start. I'm just gonna ignore what you said and leave..." the hedgehog raised his arms and legs, the cuffs fading away. Sonic stood up and walked towards the now open cell door, "So I think we should end the reunion right here before it gets too embarassing for you alright?" he mocked and moved past Zavok, who growled.

"Foolish, hedgehog. You are not free just yet. Now come and face the inevitable!" Zavok declared.

Sonic dashed forward and pointed at the Zeti, "The only thing inevitable is my foot getting jammed right in your face! So bring it!"

Enraged, Zavok elbow charged towards Sonic, the blue hedgehog dodging it with ease. The two jumped off with Sonic giving chase. Sonic landed on a circular platform with hexagon tiles. "Huh, fitting. Alright, Zavok. You wanted this rematch. Here I am!" Sonic boasted, calling out to his foe. He saw the prisoners looking at him, "Don't worry guys. Everything will be just fine!" he assured.

The sound of buzzing was heard. Lowering itself was a giant Buzz Bomber, with Zavok standing on top of it. He smashed his fists together and roared as loud as he could. "Ah, there you are!" Sonic shouted from his spot.

Zavok signalled for some robots to appear and said, "I cannot wait to see if you can fare against this."

Sonic jumped over a few Buzz Bombers. "Heh. Why don't you come down yourself and maybe you can see for yourself?" he offered, "Who am I kidding? You're too much of a pushover to take me on one-on-one without some robot making things easier for you."

"Grah! You dare insult me?!" Zavok shouted in annoyance, aiming a laser to incinerate Sonic with. The hero ran around and dodged the laser as it was blasted, hitting one of the tiles.

In response, Sonic slid underneath the next swarm of bee robots coming towards him, "Sorry, you just make it so easy to mock you!" he fake apologized while standing up. Sonic curled into a ball and used his Homing Attack to break through a few more robots while Zavok raised his own for a moment, "Aw, you're running away already? But things finally got interesting!"

Zavok chuckled darkly, "If you think this is a retreat, then you are sorely mistaken!"

Then suddenly, the robot smashed down on the ground, shaking the entire arena. Sonic was bounced into the air. But this actually gave him the advantage. With his momentum, Sonic charged a Homing Attack and aimed directly for Zavok's chest, hurting him. The hedgehog landed on a knee and smirked, "Ha! Sorry, I just couldn't tell with you. You and your one-note cronies all ran away like wimps when I was kicking their sorry butts. And don't act like you didn't do the same." he pointed at the agitated Zeti when he made the accusation.

Zavok shook his head to get rid of the pain that lingered, "You will regret doing that. I will enjoy watching you squirm and suffer by the time I'm through with you!" the arena began to crumble apart around Sonic, catching him offguard. The various animal people began to cheer for their hero. The first sign of hope for the first time in months. Sonic took some pride in that.

Sonic flipped over another Buzz Bomber, "Aw, I'm so scared!" he said in a fake distraught tone. "Whatever shall I do?"

Shooting another laser down, Zavok aimed the bee robots to charge after Sonic. The hedgehog backflipped, his feet kicking them up in the air. He leaped and curled into a ball, trashing another robot, "Oh right. That. Y'know, I thought the yellow guy was all about bees. Fought him on some honeycomb highway or whatever in a desert for some reason, then again, that planet you call home makes little sense compared to mine!" he taunted with a light chuckle.

Then, the giant robot was raised into the air, moving so that he could hit Sonic. The hedgehog moved around as fast as he could, "You dare mock the Deadly Six?! We are your greatest foes!" Zavok shouted, smashing the robot down again.

Once he was in the air, Sonic hit Zavok with a Charged Homing Attack, the very same attack he used back on the Lost Hex. "Greatest foes? Dude, you and your five mooks barely make the Top 5!" mocked the blue hero nonchalantly. "Wait a minute. Where's that robot dragon you had last time? You were actually kinda cooler with that. Not that it helped much of course!"

"I did not need it to destroy you." Zavok explained as more tiles began to fall, "You are not worth the effort of having me use it!"

"Big mistake!"

Looking to his side, Sonic noticed the robot coming towards him. Hastily, the hedgehog dived to the side and curled into a ball as to avoid being blindsided by a Buzz Bomber. "Whoa!" he shouted, sliding and skidding to a halt, "Not cool!"

"Grr... Just shut up and accept your fate! Lie down and die already!" the red Zeti screamed. He charged after Sonic again, the hero rolling away from the moving bee bot. The blue blur got to a knee and looked up, seeing Zavok getting ready to smash down upon the arena one more time.

With the robot down, Sonic was again launched into the air and hit Zavok with a Charged Homing Attack. However, he landed on the Buzz Bomber's head in front of the Zeti. Sonic crouched down and noriced that Zavok was about to dish out a right hook, so he jumped into the air and smacked him with another Homing Attack before he could get hit, creating a blue flash upon impact.

While the Zeti was stunned, Sonic landed again and dished out a flurry of punches and kicks. Right hook, left hook, spin-kick. Loud smacks heard each time his hands and legs collided with the red being's body, grunts escaping Zavok with each attack. Sonic wasn't holding back anymore and he decided to add on to his last kick by jumping and bouncing off the Zeti's head with the strongest Homing Attack he used since their last few encounters.

"No! How could I lose to you again?!" Zavok gasped before falling from the robot.

"Yeah, that's what I expect from you. All bark and no bite!" Sonic shouted back.

With the fight done, Sonic jumped down from the now dead Buzz Bomber, a confident smirk on his face. He looked at Zavok's unconscious body and dusted his hands, "So, what does that makes this? 4-0? Wow, you're really on a losing streak here, dude. I would feel sorry for you, but I'm not really feeling it."

But then the strangest thing happened. A strange sound echoed, one that Sonic seemingly heard before when he arrived. Like that being that fought him. Then Zavok's body faded away in purple smoke. Sonic scratched his head, "Huh. I guess he was sent back to the Lost Hex or somethin'." he looked over his shoulder, "Now I gotta make my getaway before the drones come after me! Don't worry, everyone! I'll come back for you later when it's safe!"

Sonic then ran and jumped off the platform, making his way into a trap-filled hallway. He heard a rumbling sound coming from above and gazed at the ceiling, noticing it get closer. "Uh oh." said Sonic, boosing through the hallway and narrowly getting out by sliding, bouncing on a spring to boost him up to the next area. The alarms continued to echo all the while and red covered the room with the sirens. Gates closed behind Sonic as he continued his getaway.

Then, he bounced off another spring, landing on a grind rail, spotting his planet in the distance as well as various asteroids and the stars, "Whoa! I'm off world! Guess anyone who spites Egghead gets a one way ticket to space..."

Seeing some platforms on an asteroid, Sonic took the time to use his Homing Attack to bounce off some robots in order to reach them.

He then jumped into the next sector of the space station, where lasers began to flare near him. Sliding down the hall, the hedgehog stomped on some boxes blocking his way before another crusher came down upon him and he landed on solid ground again. Homing shots came towards him and he had to dodge them as best he could, seeing the electric orbs fizzle out as they made contact with a wall. Using another spring Sonic bounced into the next hallway, flipping off some stray meteorites in order to land on another grind rail.

In the distance, he could see an all to familiar face, "The Death Egg?! Come on, why can't that thing just stay destroyed...?"

The rails looped around and took Sonic into another part of the evil space station. "So I can't just drift off into deep space. There should be a ship I can borrow for myself. Yeah, a good space cruise falling into the atmosphere sounds pretty comfy all things considered. Beats sitting in a cell for months. Now where can I nab one?"

Jumping off another spring and avoiding some more homing shots, Sonic landed on another grind rail, this one seemingly going on for miles and with no surface to run on, "Yeesh. Is there anyway I can get there faster?!" he wondered.

At that moment, a small shuttle flew by next to him. Sonic smirked, "Ah well. Gotta live with this." he used his Homing Attack to land on the small ship and he crouched, waiting to see where it goes.

The ship he was on and a few others flew in towards the Death Egg's surface, dodging all the shots aimed towards them. "Man, the Death Egg's got a lot of firepower. Then again, it means nothing of they can't even land their shots. Here goes nothing." Sonic told himself, seeing a ship get shot down in front of him.

Before the one he was standing on got destroyed and fall apart, Sonic landed on one next to him, watching the smoke. "Wow. Eggman's really not foolin' around this time."

He jumped off that one right as it got shot and finally saw an opening, hoping that he would make it in one piece.

Unfortunately, the heavy artillery showed itself and Sonic was bombarded by all kinds of lasers and homing shots. The last shuttle got shot down and Sonic was forced into a freefall, the artificial atmosphere of the Death Egg being a huge lifesaver in that regard.

Sonic dived into a walkway, spotting a shuttle not too far away. But he also noticed some robots near it. He was always up for trashing something.


Twilight, Rainbow, Rouge and Buddy made their way to the walkway, but saw some robots coming towards them. Buddy's eyes widened, realizing that they were actually surrounded. The wolf held out his Wispon, his arms shaking as he moved. The pegasus said, "Just go! We can take these bots on no problem, right Buddy?" he relunctantly nodded, somewhat afraid of being left behind.

"Are you sure, Rainbow?" Twilight asked.

Rainbow shoved an Egg Pawn aside and threw it over the walkway, "Yep! The two of ya just go! Everypony else is waitin'. If what Rouge said was true, then Sonic will be here soon anyway!"

Rouge said, "Come on purple pony, they can take care of themselves." Twilight slowly nodded and flew off behind Rouge, looking over her shoulder to see the two fighting.

"You sure you can handle it, Rookie?" Rainbow said, "I can probably trash these myself!"

Buddy was ready to shoot. But then something strange happened. A blue blur appeared and bounced off all the robots, making them explode instantly. The blur halted, revealing that it was Sonic the Hedgehog, his back facing the pony and wolf. "Ah man, I haven't done that in months!" he stretched his limbs. "I can never get tired of trashing Eggman's growing pile of scrap."

"Sonic?" Rainbow asked.

Recognizing that voice, Sonic turned around, "Rainbow Dash? Heh, am I happy to see some friendly faces." he glanced to the nervous wolf, "Don't think I'm ignoring ya, dude. It's always cool to see some new faces too. I always appreciate help every now and then. But on the Death Egg? That takes guts."

Buddy rubbed the back of his head, slightly awestruck to be thanked by Sonic the Hedgehog himself. "Can I ask how you ended up here though, Rainbow? Are the rest of the girls and Spike with you?" the hedgehog wondered, tapping his foot.

"Just us. We haven't seen Spike yet. Now come on, we gotta get back to the shuttle! Something tells me we made enough noise here as is!" the pegasus answered, now flapping her wings.

Sonic smiled, "Right behind you." he patted Buddy's shoulder, "Come on, we got ourselves a war to win!"

Buddy nodded and ran with Sonic and Rainbow, getting closer to the shuttle. It was time to make an escape.

Author's Note:

Morale:
The Resistance: 7%
Eggman Empire: 93%

And so ends the Death Egg breakout. With Sonic back in action, it's about time the Resistance changed the tide of the war

Though something tells me we haven't seen the last of Zavok however...

As for next time: Sonic, Rainbow Dash and Buddy are going to infiltrate the Green Hill Arsenal Pyramid and encounter the former dark king of an empire. When I get to adapting Tag-Team stages it will most likely be these three out in the field by the way.