• Published 30th Oct 2017
  • 6,940 Views, 241 Comments

Sonic Forces: Resistance is Magic - MetalJrock



Flung into another world at war, the Elements join Sonic and the Resistance to fight against the Eggman Empire.

  • ...
13
 241
 6,940

Chemical Plant: Chemical Plant (Vs Starlight Glimmer)

The mission on Neo Prison Island was wrapped up and the team was on their way back according to Rouge, who delivered the message to Knuckles. The Resistance awaited the return of those sent out before continuing, but a two-tailed fox walked into the same room as Knuckles and said, “Hey, Knuckles. I think I have an idea.”

“What is it?” Knuckles asked.

Tails raised a finger, “I’m sure Eggman keeps information on the Phantom Ruby somewhere, and I’m betting it’s in the Chemical Plant. Didn’t you say he kept a database there?”

Knuckles nodded, “Yeah, Rouge mentioned it after we rescued Sonic. But I’m sure it’s heavily guarded now that we have a chance of taking it down. Why? What are you thinking about?”

“I’m thinking about getting into the Chemical Plant and hacking into that database so we can find a weakness. There has to be something we can use to our advantage.” Tails suggested, holding a flashdrive in his fingers.

The Commander replied, “Well, alright then. It shouldn’t be as heavily guarded as Metropolis or the Death Egg at the very least. Just be sure to bring some backup.”

Tails added, “I will. I’ll ask Classic Sonic and Spike if they want to come along.”

Knuckles nodded, “Well, alright then. Just be careful out there. Sonic and Twilight wouldn’t be too happy if something were to happen to you guys.”

“I promise we’ll be safe.” the fox assured.


“So you’re a time-traveler?” Spike asked. Him, Classic Sonic, Applejack and Silver were all conversing to pass the time until they were needed.

Silver nodded, “I am. Although I’m still new to it, I’ve been coming back and forth to protect the future; my present.”

Spike replied, “That’s so cool!”

“Ah guess. Minus the part where he has to keep savin’ it.” Applejack partially agreed.

Classic Sonic rubbed his head and gestured to Silver to ask a question. The time-traveler replied, “The Time Stones? I heard of them, mostly from Modern Sonic... I still have to get used to that... but I’ve never used them before. I use Chaos Control to create a rift to send me back and forth.” the small hedgehog nodded, “How are things in your timeline by the way? I hope things are better there than they are here.”

The hedgehog nodded to that. Although he just saved his world yet again, he hoped things were fine while he was gone. He had no idea if Eggman was capable of hatching any new schemes in his absence no matter how brief. Then again, he assumed Tails and Knuckles could handle it. Maybe even that armadillo and flying squirrel he met sometime ago could lend a hand. Then again, it had been a while since they last met, and he had no idea where they were even at.

“Thinking about your world?” Spike asked his hedgehog friend, who sighed.

Applejack said, “Don’t worry, sugarhog. We’ll get ya back to yer Mobius.”

“And if Eggman is causing havok like this, don’t be afraid to reach out to us.” Silver said, “We’re happy to help you out.”

Walking into the room was Tails, who focused his attention to the dragon and blue hedgehog. “Hey, guys. Are you up for a quick mission?”

Perking up, Classic Sonic pumped a fist. Spike shrugged, “Sure. Where to?”

“The Chemical Plant on West-Side Island. I believe we can hack into Eggman’s database and figure out how to stop the Phantom Ruby.” Tails explained. “And since important information is on there, he probably has some form of security there to guard it. I could use your help.”

Spike asked, “Are you sure you don’t want to bring along anyone else? I don’t know how much help we’d be now.”

Tails replied, “Theoretically I could, but after everything we’ve endured together since you two arrived, why wouldn’t I ask you guys? Plus everyone else should recover still. And you have to admit the three of us are a pretty good team.”

With a grin, Spike replied, “You’re right. We are pretty cool together. Wanna stick with us, Sonic?” said hedgehog enthusiastically nodded at that. “Cool! Looks like we’re coming along.”

“Thank you guys. Really. Now let’s get the Tornado prepped.” Tails responded.

Applejack put a hoof on the drake’s shoulders, “Go on, partner. If Twi gets back before ya, Ah’ll tell her where yer at. At the very least, Ah’m sure she wouldn’t be too worried about ya’ll.”


The Tornado landed perfectly fine at the Chemical Plant. No resistance or anything was found along the way, which Tails found odd. The trio wandered into the lab, the first thing they were greeted with was a dimly-lit yellow room. Inside they spotted all sorts of mechanisms and blue tubes. Around certain areas were purple liquid. “This is the Chemical Plant? I guess it lives up to the name.” Spike commented, holding his nose to keep away the smell.

“Yep. Eggman’s been showing some favoritism towards this place lately.” Tails revealed, Classic Sonic agreeing. “And knowing Eggman, he most likely has kept whatever research he did on the Phantom Ruby here in the event his labs were shut down. We should be careful though, who knows who or what Eggman is keeping here to keep the Resistance out.”

Classic Sonic nodded. He had to admit the Chemical Plant looked different than when he was last here. It looked more... active. All the machines in the back were certainly moving at a good pace. The small hedgehog guessed that the Eggmen had some sort of attraction to this place since they kept coming back to it. And Green Hill for that matter. Ah well, he shrugged to himself. He needed to focus on the task at hand.

Holding his friends’ hands, Tails flew them up to the yellow surface of one of the tubes. Once they landed, Spike took a moment to question, “So we can actually stand on these things?” he looked ahead and noticed more terrain, “...I guess going this way was necessary.”

“It pretty much is. This is how Sonic and I usually wander around here, and it shouldn’t be too hard for you since you know how to use the Spin Attack. All you have to do is roll down the slopes and gain momentum to reach some of the higher paths. We came to accept that the higher ground is usually the best route.” Tails explained.

Classic Sonic decided to go first, using his Drop-Dash to quickly gain speed. He rolled down the large slope and gained enough momentum to reach one of the higher platforms that stood quite a distance from where they were at. He took a bow and gestured for his friends to follow. Spike looked at far down the slope went and gulped. Holding back his worries he jumped and rolled, “Whoa!” he bellowed out, flipping on the surface before he reached the ramp at the end of the tube. He found himself standing next to Classic Sonic and dusted off whatever dirt he picked up from his scales. “Huh. That was actually pretty fun.” he admitted.

Arriving after him was Tails, who uncurled next to him. “Told you it was easy.” he said with a smirk.

“You were right. So... any idea how to navigate this place?” Spike asked.

The fox shrugged, “I imagine the database we’re looking for is on the lower levels. This place keeps changing, so it might not be easy as we hoped.”

Classic Sonic focused his attention to the clear pipes that rested below. Curious, he jumped on the lid and shattered it, allowing himself to enter. “Might as well follow him.” Tails said, jumping after Sonic.

Spike gagged, having to roll around more. He wondered how the Resistance managed it. Putting that aside, he leaped in and went into the tubes. He slid on the ground and found himself standing on yet another tube. “Whoa. What is Eggman keeping in these anyway?”

“Mega Mack. I have no idea what it is, but it’s some kind of purple liquid. I have no idea why he wants to use it though. Don’t worry though, as far as I’m aware, it’s non-lethal if we fall into it.” Tails briefly explained.

The dragon scratched his head, “That’s good to know.”

The three continued and found themselves climbing an upwards slope. Classic Sonic had the most trouble surprisingly, his feet sliding constantly. It felt a bit... wonky. Normally he wouldn’t have had this much trouble back in his world. He just assumed his legs were tired and marched on. He finally reached the top of the slope, noticing a large drop awaiting the three of them, with a loop finishing it off to boot. Spike rolled his eyes, “Great. More rollercoaster action. And I thought the casino was bad.”

“You get used to it. I felt the same way when I started joining Sonic for his adventures.” Tails replied.

Classic Sonic used his Drop-Dash and went first making his way around a loop and landing on a higher platform. Spike and Tails rolled down the rube and appeared next to the hedgehog. Spike said, “So is it just me or have things been a little quiet around here?”

Tails replied, “I agree. That’s... not usually a good sign. That probably means whatever security Eggman has here is waiting for us. Hopefully it’s just the usual Badniks.”

As if on cue, Classic Sonic immediately took notice of the black Egg Pawns aiming their blasters at them. “Jinxed it.” Spike grumbled to himself. Tails was the first to take action, leaping and following by slamming his tails downwards, causing the robots to stumble forward. He landed, but was immediately pulled upwards by a spider-like Badnik. His body was trapped in its metal arms. Spike and Classic Sonic jumped and sliced through the Grabber, setting the fox free. He rubbed his sore sides, “Nice save, guys.”

Out of nowhere, pellets began to appear out of nowhere and decked Classic Sonic in the head, making him cringe and lose a few rings when it did happen. Spike and Tails rubbed their heads at the reaction, having never seen him do that before. They decided to focus their efforts on the Spiny crawling on the floor once Sonic got his bearings. “That thing looks annoying.” Spike commented.

“You have no idea...” Tails replied.

Classic Sonic rolled on the Spiny and destroyed it. He uncurled and looked visibly annoyed at what just happened. The hedgehog inhaled and decided to pay attention to what was ahead, but was only greeted by more Egg Pawns and even Changelings. “That’s new.” Tails commented, to which Classic Sonic agreed, never seeing the bug-like creatures until now.

“They’re Changelings, before my friend Thorax reformed them.” Spike revealed.

Reformed? Sonic wondered how that went down. Clearly these changelings weren’t reformed. But then again, he could assume it was the workings of the Phantom Ruby yet again. With each passing hour, he started to hate that thing more than ever. He’ll be sure to kick Eggman’s butt twice as hard for ever finding it. Since neither this world’s Eggman or his own aren’t here, he might as well take his frustrations out on his goons.

And so Classic Sonic jumped into battle, faster than Spike and Tails could react, and bounced off each of the Badniks and Changelings without a care in the world. One by one they fell in the blink of an eye. He sliced through one of the robots before roundhouse-kicking a Changeling in the side of the head. He performed a Drop-Dash and slid in order to knock back the last of the robots. Purple and red mist-covered cubes covered the platform the hedgehog was standing as he exhaled, a scowl visible on his face. “Sonic... are you alright?” Tails asked.

Classic Sonic chose to not answer and clenched his fist. He took a few breaths and decided to hold back his anger for now. Might as well save it for the person who deserved it. He gestured for the others to follow him. A door opened and suddenly purple liquid began to flood the area. The trio held their throats as they gasped for air. Classic Sonic was ready to aid his friends by helping them leap to the blocks to trek upwards.

They followed Sonic’s example, but felt themselves losing consciousness with each passing second. There were no bubbles in sight to inhale. Seeing a surface, Tails spun his namesakes and wrapped his arms around his friends’ backs in order to push them up with him. Finally they reached a platform and collapsed on the floor, panting for air.

“Oh man...” Spike wheezed, “I... What was that...?”

Tails coughed, “...Mega Mack. For some reason it likes to flood certain spots around here.”

Shaking his body, Classic Sonic managed to spill droplets of the liquid onto Tails and Spike, who were already drying themselves off. “Not a lot of robots, but this place is still annoying.” Spike commented.

“No kidding. I hope that’s the last of it.” Tails said.

Classic Sonic recognized that they were getting closer to the lower levels of the Chemical Plant. He ran across another tube and rolled down the slope. The small hedgehog halted himself once he saw the Mega Mack awaiting them, with a platform to stand on not too far away. Tails noticed it as well and jumped first, guiding his friends deeper into the plant. “Have you ever been down here, Tails?” Spike asked.

Examining the area, Tails shook his head, “No I don’t actually. Weird. Has this part of the plant always been here?” he looked up and saw a giant syringe. “...Okay, I definitely don’t remember that being here.”

Sonic tapped his chin and jumped on top of it, allowing the green substance to pour onto the blue goop that rested on the floor near them. “Huh. I wonder what that did.” Tails said. Spike walked forward and suddenly found himself in the air, landing on the green substance and bouncing once more.

“Whah!” screamed the drake as he tried to get his bearings. Tails started to fly to help his friend out.

Classic Sonic definitely recognized this and jumped in as well, grabbing his friends’ hands and bouncing to the tube that was above them. He let go and threw them up with ease before grabbing the edge, allowing Tails and Spike to push him up to their level. “Did you know what that was, Sonic?” Tails asked. Sonic nodded.

“Urgh... that was a little too much airtime for me.” Spike gagged as his face turned green.

Tails watched Sonic explain and caught on, and it was yet another thing he experienced just before arriving in their world. Eggman had used the Chemical Plant and challenged Sonic to a... pretty mean bean puzzle challenge. Tails kinda missed when this world’s Eggman was that harmless he admitted. Spike stood up and listened in, getting better at understanding Classic Sonic’s silent ramblings.

The dragon raised a brow, “Another thing from before you got here? That’s starting to happen a lot more often. Do you know your way around here at least.”

Classic Sonic took a look around and recognized nothing. He shrugged, assuming that the place was redesigned after Eggman took over the world. Tails said, “Well, at the very least that was a good shortcut. Let’s see if the lab’s ahead.”

Tails, Sonic, and Spike walked down the tube and climbed down back to the metal floor. Another syringe was seen and Tails jumped on it, letting the gel flow onto the surface. The trio jumped and landed on another platform awaiting them past a ton of Mega Mack.

They reached a dimly-lit room with a giant monitor placed right in front of them, the lab in question was bigger than any of them anticipated. It was also empty, being a giant round room with nothing but said monitor placed inside. Spike cheered, “Awesome! Time to do your tech thing, Tails!” he ran forward, but was suddenly stopped by an unknown force.

The hedgehog and fox were blinded by the sudden teal light covering Spike’s body. “What the—?” he grunted, getting spun around before being flung to a wall. Tails and Sonic ran to their Equestrian friend to help him up, and were greeted by a unicorn floating from the ceiling, an aura of the same color covering them.

“I didn’t think you heroes were foolish enough to come here.” Starlight Glimmer said.

Spike’s eyes widened, “S-Starlight? Wait... are you a fake?”

The unicorn chuckled, “Oh no, I’m not. I’m just here to pay you and Princess Twilight back for foiling my plans. I didn’t think my ruse would fool you for so long.”

“W-W-What?” stammered Spike.

Raising a brow, Tails asked, “Ruse?”

Starlight smirked, “It was obvious. Fool Spike and his friends and finally usurp control right under their noses. It was all— oof!” she could’t finish her exposition because Classic Sonic smacked her with a Drop-Dash, growing tired of all these supervillain monologues.

“Stupid hedgehog!” snarled the unicorn, trapping Sonic with her telekinesis and slamming him on the ground before tossing him again. “Urgh... Anyway, Eggman promised an equal world. One without conflict, without differences, where everypony and everyone can be equal. Under the Eggman Empire, the world I’ve sought for can finally be real! But your Resistance keeps getting in the way. I might have to dispose of you myself.”

Spike huffed once the mare finished talking, “You’re not real. You’re just another Phantom Ruby fake. The Starlight we know moved on from that.”

Tails readied his arm cannon, “Looks like we have to do this the hard way. I’m sorry, Starlight. I’m sure the real you is really nice.”

Starlight scoffed, “You fight me? Please. You couldn’t even stop me the first time we fought. All of this is on you, fox boy. You couldn’t even help your favorite hero.”

“You had help that time. Now it’s just you against us.” Tails boasted.

Spike sighed. He didn’t want to fight the splitting image of someone he considered a friend. But here they were, on opposing sides once more. He curled his hand into fists and did his best to look tough. Tails struck first with a charged shot from his Energy Ball Blaster and aimed it directly in Starlight’s direction. The unicorn deflected it with a shield in front of her. While she was focused there, Classic Sonic came back and managed to land a hit on her back, bouncing off of her and spinning his body to avoid the volts of magic being shot at him.

The hedgehog bowed as he landed and pulled the cuffs of his gloves back. He noticed Tails turning to Spike for a plan, “Any ideas how to stop her, Spike?”

Shaking his head, Spike replied, “No clue. Her magic is as strong as Twilight’s. Twilight had to reach out to her to stop her. I’m not sure if that’s gonna work this time though. She looks to be one of the fakes Shadow mentioned.”

“Then I guess we’ll just have to wear her down until she fades away like the other fakes.” Tails said.

Starlight Glimmer shot a beam of magic from her horn at the trio, Tails cancelling it out with a pellot shot. Classic Sonic scowled and charged his Super Peel-Out. Once his feet were moving in a swift figure-8 motion, he started to run around the unicorn faster than she could react. She tried to use her telekinesis on him, but missed each time. Tails and Spike realized that Classic Sonic was distracting her and decided to act. The fox spun his tails around and hovered in the air, Spike grabbing his hands as he ascended.

It was another one of Tails’ old tactics. Tails spun Spike around, the dragon curled into a ball and felt his body spark up. Tails let go and threw Spike, using Thunder Shoot to hit Starlight directly in the back. The drake uncurled and tried to flap his arms to keep himself afloat to no avail. Luckily, Tails caught him and safely dropped him to the ground. “If I ever get wings you have to teach me that one day.”

Classic Sonic gave a thumbs up and stopped running. He saw Starlight’s fallen form and did the honor of charging a Spin-Dash to deck her chin while she was down. The unicorn attempted to knock him back, but missed again, Sonic still moving too fast for her reflexes. Sonic jumped and kicked the mare in the side. Starlight retaliated by shooting a sphere of magic at Classic Sonic, hitting in the chest as he flipped backwards from the force of the magic projectile.

Getting his bearings, Classic Sonic slid on the ground when he made contact. “It’s hopeless for you three. You’ll never obtain the Doctor’s notes.”

Spike used his fire breath to distract Starlight, aiming his green flames in front of her without hitting her, which allowed Tails to knock her down with a swift Spin-Dash. The unicorn fell on her face and could only groan in pain as Classic Sonic jumped on her back. She put her head in her hooves and inhaled.

She groaned. “S-Spike...? Is that you?”

The dragon’s scowl was replaced with concern, “Starlight?”

“Y-Yeah...” the unicorn muttered, “You saved me... The Ruby took my mind... Help me up...”

Spike, Classic Sonic, and Tails were uneasy at this, but Spike couldn’t ignore his friend’s plea if she was telling the truth. This could be like what happened with Shadow. So he walked forward and extended a hand for her to grab, which she accepted. Then in the span of a second, a smirk appeared on her muzzle and she trapped the heroes in her telekinesis. “Fools!” she yelled. “I knew you couldn’t resist a tragic cry for help!”

“Y-You liar!” Spike snarled.

Classic Sonic narrowed his gaze. If there was one thing he hated besides Eggman and Metal Sonic, it was someone’s kindness being taken advantage of. If he managed a way to break out of this magic grip, he would give Starlight a piece of his mind the only way he knew how.

“I guess you really are a fake. When we get out—“ Tails grunted.

Starlight said, “As if I’ll let you. It’s the end of the line for you, and true equality will be brought to both worlds.”

Spike was running out of options, he had to hope this would get her attention. “Hey, Starlight. What would Sunburst and Trixie say about this?”

The unicorn blinked, “What?”

“Sunburst and Trixie? Your best friends?” Spike repeated with emphasis.

With a snarl, Starlight retorted, “Do not say their names! They have nothing to do with this—Ah!” she cringed in pain and rubbed her head.

Spike continued anyway, “You gave up friendship and peace for what? Your dumb goal for equality? The Starlight I know is stronger than that. She would never do this because she realized that her new life was better than the empty one she had before we gave her a chance.”

“N-No... Stop talking...” Starlight groaned, her eyes changing colors.

Tails said, “She really was under mind control... Keep going, Spike!”

“You’re not a villain anymore. You’re one of Equestria’s greatest heroes! One of the best even! Snap out of it and help us!” Spike shouted in hopes his plan worked.

“A-Ah! ...Shut up!” Starlight hissed and used her magic to slam Spike onto a wall and bringing him forward.

“Not until I can talk to the real Starlight!” Spike ordered, “One of my best friends. When we heard about what you did, we were devastated... and Twilight took it the hardest. Please... just come back to us.” he quietly pleaded.

Starlight flinched once he was done and ceased her magic. “Twilight was... You all were...” she collapsed before finishing her sentence. The heroes walked to her and noticed her body shaking, tears streaming down her face, sniffles growing louder, and ramblings.

“...Starlight?” Spike asked.

Tails took a step forward, “Not so fast, Spike. This could be another trap.” Classic Sonic nodded in agreement.

Starlight let out two words, “I’m sorry...” Sonic tilted his head. Suddenly, she raised herself and hugged Spike as she continued to cry, “I’m sorry for everything! For disappointing you! For hurting any of you and this world! Please don’t hate me!”

“It-It’s alright, Starlight.” Spike assured, “We’re just glad you’re safe and not on Eggman’s side. Twilight and the others are gonna be so happy once they see you.”

Tails added, “It was the Phantom Ruby. You weren’t in control of your actions.”

Starlight wiped her nose and muttered out, “So you don’t hate me...? But I—“

“We forgave you when you knew what you were doing, we have no reason to hate you for what Eggman did against your will.” Spike eased his friend, “So you were here for six months? How?”

“I wasn’t here for six months. I got here less than a few days ago. It’s still hazy... but I knew what they did made me one of their allies. I’m sorry...” Starlight apologized again.

Tails tapped his chin, “So the Starlight we’ve encountered before recently was a fake too.”

Sniffling, Starlight said, “Okay... so how did you get here? I got here through some portal?”

“Us too. The girls and I got here a few days ago. They’re back with the Resistance, the heroes of this world. You remember those friends Twilight and I mentioned?” Starlight nodded, “This is their world.”

“Oh...” she faced Tails and Classic Sonic, “I’m so sorry for what I did.”

Tails waved a hand, “You didn’t do anything. I’m Tails by the way. Nice to meet you, Starlight Glimmer.”

Classic Sonic eased up and waved to the unicorn, “Are you Sonic? You’re shorter than I expected.” the hedgehog rolled his eyes at that comment.

“He’s Sonic from another timeline. The Sonic of this timeline is on another mission. Pinkie convinced us to call them Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic to tell them apart.” Spike explained.

Starlight chuckled, “That sounds like Pinkie. I can’t wait to see them again.”

Tails walked to the monitor, flashdrive in hand, “And they’ll be happy to see you too. But before we leave, I have to download whatever Eggman has on this computer.” he inserted the flashdrive and hacked into the computer, he dug through the files as the others walked next to where he was sitting.

“Anything?” Spike asked.

“Well he has maps of the islands, fanfics involving him defeating Sonic and taking over the world, and terabytes of selfies. Aha! Phantom Ruby research!” Tails said, clicking on the folder.

“Interesting...” the fox whispered.

Classic Sonic tilted his head, and Tails continued, “Eggman knew of the Phantom Ruby through legends. He used the spare energy of the Elements of Harmony to tell his doppelganger in Classic Sonic’s timeline in order to lure it here since he couldn’t go there. They wanted Classic Sonic to get the Chaos Emeralds and merge its energy with the ruby to warp it here. Eggman used the combined power of chaos and harmony as an anchor to lure it to this world. What they didn’t anticipate was Sonic flying through the portal himself.”

“So that’s why Eggman went to Equestria. He wanted spare energy in the event you took the Chaos Emeralds from him.” Spike deduced.

“That’s why are you here?” Starlight asked.

Classic Sonic shrugged. So both Eggmen were the reason why he was here? He should’ve kicked Eggman’s butt twice as hard when they met. That Phantom Ruby was nothing but trouble.

“But what about these Chaos Emeralds? Twilight mentioned they were powerful. Did Eggman get them when he took over?” Starlight asked.

“No. They’re still in the Special Zone. Eggman has no time to collect them when he has a world order to maintain.” Tails assured. “That and the Phantom Ruby is enough to satisfy his ego. He also mentioned something about Phantom Ruby Prototypes...” he browsed the notes and found what he was looking for.

Classic Sonic looked up and folded his arms at the words. Tails said, “Okay. So once Eggman got his hands on the Phantom Ruby he began to research its capabilities and tested it. He discovered that it can warp through time and space with ease as he anticipated and with the energy reserves he had, he used Equestria as a testing ground, remaining in hiding. He learned more about the land’s history and once he got enough information he started to recreate the ruby.”

“The prototypes.” Starlight realized.

The fox raised a finger, “Yep. Unlike the original, the prototypes can also only alter one’s perception of reality on top of creating projections of what we think is real. After a number of failed attempts, he managed to get a guinea pig, the leader of the Jackal Squad, and gave him the final working prototype. That jackal later became Infinite.”

“What does it all mean?” Starlight wondered.

“It means we know what we’re up against. Fakes and mind control. Oh, apparently the rubies need a power source too. I can look at that when we get back to the base.”

“Does it say anything else?” Spike asked.

Tails’ eyes widened, “Oh no...”

Classic Sonic raised a brow. That didn’t sound good. Tails continued, “Eggman wanted to use the Phantom Ruby to conquer more worlds besides Mobius and Equestria! The Sol Dimension, Classic Sonic’s Mobius, the Mushroom Kingdom, the Earth he met that other scientist in, Hyrule... This is bigger than any of us imagined!”

“A villain with big ambitions. I know that feeling all too well.” Starlight sighed.

Tails started to download everything onto his flashdrive and alarms went off. Once he got all the information he needed, him and Classic Sonic guided everyone out of the plant as fast they could before the backup security arrived. They all got into the Tornado and flew away, ready to explain everything and hatch a plan.

Author's Note:

Morale:
The Resistance: 45%
Eggman Empire: 55%

Episode Starlight’s gonna be happening a few chapters from now since there’s going to be a lot happening after next chapter.

Next Time: When Metal Sonic begins an attack on South Island, Sonic, Buddy, and Rainbow Dash decide to head out to stop him.