• Published 22nd Apr 2017
  • 367 Views, 1 Comments

Dirty Birds - TheFlyingHippogriff



"Griffons and Hippogriffs can never do anything better than a pony can do"....Oh really? Let's challenge that

  • ...
 1
 367

Clash in the Canal (Part 1)

Big and bold with a heart of gold. That's how many of my crew describe me as. It goes to show that not all griffons are unfriendly grumps. Today was the day we were coming back from Cantorlot, with two special guests to Kingstown. The ponies were just setting up their work site, and it was time we spoke out, "Sledgehammer, we challenge you!"

"Oh really? I didn't peg you catbirds to have a sense of humor," Sledgehammer teased with chuckling from his other stallions behind him, "this is our work site now, now why don't you go back to Kingstown or Griffonstone, or whatever rat-hole you buzzards climbed out of," I was ready to give Sledgehammer a punch in the face, until they arrived.

"That is quite enough!" said a booming voice that we all recognized, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna,

"Princess Celestia?! Princess Luna?!" Sledgehammer said in awe, and bowed to them, "your majesties,"

"You lot should be ashamed of yourselves, such foul language is unfitting of a good pony!" scolded Princess Luna,

"Which is why we decided there is only one way to settle this, since you all are working toward different goals, my sister and I discussed this, and we agreed for there to be a duel between operator and machine, pony versus griffon," explained Celestia, "now for the rules, two hydraulic excavators and two front shovels will be allowed to each team,"

The ponies were coming with some powerful machines. They had Liebheer R9150s, and Poclain 1000 low cab front shovels. Princess Luna stepped forward, "Each team will select the best operators for the machines, that means four operators to the four machines selected for the duel, now who among you will accept the challenge?" asked Luna.

"I will," I said, and stroking Ma Deuce's bucket, "better yet, we will,"

"I love you too, Billie," said Ma Deuce with a smiling bucket, and lightly nudge my cheek,

"We accept the challenge," said Gabby with Ma Deuce's brother Kaiser, "and I don't have a Fat-Face, I have puffy cheeks,"

My best friend hugged me. I smiled, ruffled her top feathers and stroked and gently tapped her cheek. I could see the determined look on the bucket faces of Ma Deuce and Kaiser. They looked like two parents ready to discipline their disobedient children, "I'm in as well," said Garrett, giving his Lima 1850 Cable Shovel Laura a kiss on the bucket,

Another griffon stepped up. He was all white from head to tail with a silver grey beak and brown eyes. He is a very handsome griffon just like Garrett, "I accept the wager too, I'm Gordon, Lana's operator, and I ain't about to let you get away with calling my big girl scrap metal," he said, and got a nudge in the back from Lana, "hey, I love you too,"

Laura and Lana went to Blossom and Belladonna, "Hey, we're sorry you ladies weren't chosen," said Lana,

"Don't worry about it," said Blossom, "just show those new machines how it's done in the canal,"

"You got it," said Laura as the front shovels nuzzled the cheeks of the their buckets to one another, a sign of friendship between machines,

"So that's how it's gonna be?" said Sledgehammer, "alright, I'll take up the wager...Leona," his faithful Liebherr came up to him. This felt like a standoff in the middle of the dusty street in a western movie. Three other stallions stepped up for the duel. There is no better type of a challenge. New machines going against old, battletested machines.

"I'm Bolt-In, and I accept the challenge, let's go Laura-Anne," said a stallion as grey as a steel girder with ice blue eyes, and a bolt and hammer for a cutie mark. His faithful Liebherr R9150 came forward. Ma Deuce was getting more annoyed. I lightly stroked the side of her black bucket to help calm her, and to let her know that I am there for her.

"It's about time we teach you catbirds whose in charge around here," said a stallion named Pile Driver, "let's do this Paulina," he said to his Poclain 1000 Front Shovel,

"If you're smart, you'd back down, but I don't expect you griffs to be smart," said a stallion named Iron Spike, "you're with me Paula," his Poclain Front Shovel came forward,

"Well then, sister, it looks like the stage is set," said Princess Luna with a satisfied smile at the competitors

"The competition will begin tomorrow at 9am, good luck to you all, and a special good luck to all the machines participating," said Princess Celestia as her parting words, and the two princesses flew back to Cantorlot. The machines looked at each other, and turned their swing drives and lifted their buckets up. I heard a 'humph' come from Leona.

"The nerve of those new machines," said Kaiser as he, Ma Deuce, Laura, and Lana went back to the field outside of Kingstown to meet back up with the other machines. The ponies want to finish the project, and take credit for it. We work for our contract. Kaiser turned his bucket to Gabby, "although I prefer Gilda, I can work with you, Gabriella,"

"Gabby, okay?" my best friend reminded him with her bright smile, even after being insulted by Sledgehammer and his stallions, her spirits were still bright.

"Oh? I think Gabriella is a very pretty name...for a pretty griffon," Kaiser replied with a wink, causing Gabby to blush and faint, "oh my...is she going to be alright?"

I looked out at the night sky, and over at Ma Deuce resting with the other machines. She noticed me looking at her, and smiled with an added wink. I had complete confidence in her strength. That morning after a shower, and a homemade pancake breakfast from Gwendoline's food line. I went to Ma Deuce. I was ready for the duel, "let's do this,"

(Place your bets. Who will win? The Ponies with their new and modern machines? Or the griffons with their older and more experienced machines?)

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment