• Published 22nd Apr 2017
  • 364 Views, 1 Comments

Dirty Birds - TheFlyingHippogriff



"Griffons and Hippogriffs can never do anything better than a pony can do"....Oh really? Let's challenge that

  • ...
 1
 364

Christened in Coal

The mining industry is big business in the mountainous areas of the Northern Griffon Kingdom, and Northeastern Equestria. Machines dig to get to the precious resources and minerals needed for everyday life in the towns, cities, and villages. I realized that I needed more machines that can handle working in the open pit mines of the north.

Gabby and Gilda were the first to make it to the shop today. Irma, Galena, Giselle, and Greta also came in moments after them. I asked Gabby to give me conformation on the purchase of some off-road dump trucks, and thanks to Gabby we have two Aveling Barford RD40s. I trust everybirdy in our crew equally when it comes to this business.

"I don't know whether to call this dumb luck or good luck," said Gilda showing a printout advertisement, I was curious though,

"What do you mean? Were you able to find something?" I asked, Gilda nodded with a smile back to me. This has to be something good,

"Well, the auctioneers that we buy from have two Northwest 190D High Front Shovels that were never delivered and never used, they're mint condition, Bubbly Butt," said Gilda, with a light teasing slap to my rear. I don't mind. As a matter of fact, I like and welcome Gilda's teasing, "they're hoping that you'd be interested in purchasing them,"

"As you would say, damn straight," I replied, Gilda fist-pumped while Gabby's eyes lit up like fireworks, and gave me a hug and nuzzled my cheek with hers, "alright, down Gabby, down," I said, and petted the top of her head. Within different times of the day, the parts all came from tracks, chain drives, swing drives, cables, sticks, and booms.

It was like a giant puzzle, and every piece went into their proper place. They looked so beautiful and majestic, "Ladies, I want to show you all something," I said to them,

I led them out of the shop that night, and the machines gathered around in a half-circle on their own as they welcomed the two new front shovels, "Bonsoir,"

"And a good evening to you too, Boss," said Jaws, one of our track loaders, their eyes lit up with amazement seeing the machines they work with and take care of so well coming alive before their eyes. Galena even fainted, "oh bolts...," the crew were slow to approach them, "oh come on now, my name maybe Jaws, but I ain't gonna bite you,"

"T-t-talking, you...you-you-you guys can t-t-t-talk?" Greta stammered,

"There's magic in us machines, you just gotta know how to capture it," said one of the new Northwest 190Ds. Gabby came up to her to touch the bucket, and was scooped up in her bucket. It warms my heart to see our crew laughing and having such a great evening. The front shovel lowered her boom, and opened the bucket to let Gabby slide out.

"We're all family here, and honestly we wouldn't want anyone else in our cabs," said Ma Deuce, "so...I'm Ma Deuce, y'all can call me Big Ma,"

"I am Kaiser, it is good to see more of my family," said Kaiser the Northwest 100DH, the two front shovels nodded with smiling buckets.

"I'm Kitten," said the Caterpillar 245

"I'm Scoop," said the only other male hydraulic excavator,

"And I'm Princess," said the third in the Caterpillar Trio,

"I'm Cleo, and this is my sister Foxy," said one of the two Insley H-3500-Cs,

"Everyone likes a party so we're throwing one for you," said Foxy, "it's good to meet all y'all,"

"I'm Garnet, and this is Gina," said one of the dozers, Gina raised her pusher blade up and down to say 'hello'

"I'm Jaws, and this is my brother Gunther," said one of the two track loaders,

"I'm Kendra" said the Kenworth W900L, "and I might be needing a tune-up soon, just an FYI,"

"And I'm Penny," said one of the Peterbilt 379EXHD dump trucks, "and this is Patricia,"

"Hey, give us a call and we'll haul it all," said her sister Peterbilt,

Our Aveling-Barford RD40s came up to us, "We're ready for action, I'm Holly," said one of the off-road dump trucks in a British accent,

"And I'm Helena," said her sister, "it's splendid that you purchased of the two shovels, they need to work their buckets if you know what I mean,"

"Oh? It's our turn?" said one of the Northwest 190Ds, the machines all nodded to her, "I'm Blossom,"

"And I'm Belladonna, you all can call me 'Belle'," said the final member of the family, "so what'd ya gals think?"

Gilda spoke first, "Well, it says a lot about how well you all work with us, we did everything we could to make you into the machines you were all destined to be, now that we've seen what you guys are like...I think coming to work just got a lot more fun," Gilda said, and gave a hug to Kaiser's bucket, "I enjoy working with you most Big Boy,"

"It's always a pleasure to work with you, Gilda," said Kaiser thankfully,

It was a big night of music, fun, and getting to know our machines on a personal level. There are many big projects waiting along the horizon, and our biggest project was in the works. Blossom, Belladonna, Holly, and Helena came right on time. We need to see if they can work together, "Holly, Helena, we need to bring you to the mine tomorrow"

"We need to see if you can work with the Front Shovel Sisters," I said to them, Blossom and Belladonna nodded in agreement, this is was what we call a 'Scoop and Haul' exercise. It is meant to see if our machines still have it in them. We took them to an old mine in the mountains of the Griffon Kingdom, "Alright ladies, let's see what you got,"