• Published 24th Mar 2017
  • 3,180 Views, 28 Comments

Lost in Her Time of Need - Okami1197



I only hold s few of my memories from Earth. Sadly none of them are any more than specific events that I want to forget.

  • ...
17
 28
 3,180

Pain

After Zeke, Unum, and Nana left, me and Luna were strolling through the streets of Canterlot, "So Luna, how long have you had feelings for me?" I asked.

"Well, I think it first started when you were talking about the night sky when we first met." I thought back and remembered how I practically praised the night.

"That makes sense. So what do you think Celestia will say?" I asked as we walked onto the castle grounds.

"Honestly I don't know or care. I only said that to try and get a laugh. I'm curious."

"About?"

"Well if we get married and I keep my place as royalty would we become king and queen? I mean I probably won't keep the title so we can live a simple life but it is still an interesting thought." that actually made sense.

"That would probably be a good idea." I put my hand on her back, "I don't think Celestia would appreciate us taking over the country." it would be funny though. Me and Luna walked through the halls of Canterlot Castle, my hand still on her back. Every guard we passed gave me a dirty look, some even looked at me in envy. I will have to ask Celestia about that one later. Even though it is late, the castle staff is still running around getting things done. The main difference between day and night life in the castle is the increase of thestral ponies, "Luna what is the story behind the thestrals?"

"Well, I really don't know. I never knew about them until one came to me after I returned from the moon. Instead of calling me Princess Luna they say Mistress."

"Oh. I though you might have had some sort of impact on them for that to happen, but I guess that being the one who controls the moon has that effect then." we approached the throne room. I ignored the guards trying to stop me from opening the doors, "Out my way." was all I said as I pushed the two aside before kicking the doors open, "Honey, I'm home!" I don't know why I did that. It just seemed like fun.

"Ōkami, I would appreciate if you didn't kick my doors open for no reason." Celestia said coldly. Man she must be tired. I wonder when she slept last.

"I have a reason to be here. The hole kicking the door open was because your guards are still little pricks and are butt hurt because I called them wannabe guards, since they can't fight worth a crap." I responded, "Ok Luna do your thing. I think she will take it better from you."

Luna sighed adorably, "Sister as of this day I am stepping down fro my role as Princess. I wish to pursue a life away from royalty, and have a family. If I am needed for some reason I will come for that only."

"And just who do you plan on having a family with? None have approached us with anything to even consider a relationship." Celestia snapped.

"Well you see," I started, "If you would actually pay attention to your guards reactions when you walk by, I think you would realize that any one of them would court you or your sister." Celestia was glaring at me. This is so much fun. I can mess with her and her not do anything for once, "But if you would also pay attention to your sister you would see that she as already chosen someone who would, and already has tried, to give their life for her." I could practically see the gears turning in Celestia's head. She looked at Luna then to me.

"No." was all she said.

"Was not asking your permission. You cannot stop us. If we wanted to we could marry right now and you would no longer be the leader of this country, but instead Luna is leaving it behind because she don't want to take that from you." the dark mist is back but just not as strong as last time.

"Get that dark magic out of my throne room." Celestia growled.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down, "You really are dense." I turned and started walking away. I put my hands in my pockets, "Come on Luna lets go look for a place to stay. Your sister don't want us it seems." Luna quickly ran up to me and followed me out.

"Ōkami, why did you get so mad back there?"

"I got mad because instead of being happy for us and the fact that we actually told her to her face, she tried to take control of your life like she is your mother. Froom what I have heard no one alive knows your parents and there is no mention of them in the history books." I responded. She did not respond, and stayed quiet as we walked out the castle and towards the train station, "Any ideas on where to go?"

"Only one. It is a little town called Ponyville." she responded, "The only problem is that my sister likes to make regular visits there."

"Eh. If she don't like our choices o'well. Let's get on our way, I don't want to be in this city anymore." me and Luna walked over to the ticket booth. After a moment of Luna explaining that she is no longer royalty, and him apologizing, we got on our way. The train ride it self was longish. We left Canterlot around midnight and pulled into the train station at Ponyville. Me and Luna exited the train side by side, "This is a nice little town."

"Let's get to the town hall before everyone wakes up. I don't want to be the center of attention until I get some sleep. That power nap earlier only helped me a little." Luna started jogging through town and I followed. With the town being so small it did not take long to arrive at the tall building in the center of town, "We are here." she said as she pushed the door open and slowly walked in. I followed her closely, not sure what to expect, "I hope Mayor Mare is awake." we walked up some stairs and Luna knocked. Some stumbling was heard inside as some objects fell to the ground.

The door creeped open at first then it swung open revealing a cream colored mare with a white, almost grey, mane and tail, "Princess Luna!" she bowed making me and Luna hit ourselves in the face, "What do I owe the pleasure of your visit?"

"Mayor Mare, please stand. I am no longer a princess of Equestria. I have relinquished my title last night. Me and my, how would you say it?" Luna asked looking at me.

"For humans I would be call you boyfriend, in pony terms I think it is coltfriend. Not entirely sure about that though." I answered.

"Yes, me and my boyfriend Ōkami wish to acquire a home in your town."

"Oh, uh." the mayor looked at us, "We have some property in between the town and the Everfree forest."

"That sounds good to me." I said, "Is that good with you?" I ask Luna.

"That is fine. How long till a home can be built there?" she asks the mayor.

"I'd say a week or two depending on how big you want it to be, but until then you are more than welcome to stay here at the Town Hall." she responded.

I looked at her for a moment, "Alright. So who do we go talk to design the house?"

"Just wait here and I will go and get Strong Hammer." the mayor left the room leaving me with Luna.

*****

So the week and a half went by without anything of interest happening. The news of Luna no longer being a princess has made its way into the news for just about every town. No one bothered us while we were at the Town Hall, and surprisingly enough, they offered me a job as a night guard captain for the town. I had accepted on the condition that I could hand pick my guards. No one other than the mayor and other Town Hall staff knew that Luna was here, but since today is moving day that will change quickly.

I stood looking out the balcony of our room, "Luna is our stuff packed?"

"Yes it is." she responded as she approached my side. Since leaving Canterlot her magic has started returning at a much faster rate. She now stands close to Celestia's height, only being short a few inches, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah. I jus wanted to look out over the town one more time." me and Luna turn and head out our room and walk to the balcony that rest above the main room of the Town Hall. Most of the town's ponies have gathered inside for a town meeting. Me and Luna walk up behind the Mayor, causing what little conversation that is happening to stop, "Ponies of Ponyville, you know me as the Captain of your Night Guard, but I come to you today as just Ōkami. Me and Luna have recently moved here, and have bought the land next to the Everfree."

"As I am sure you have all heard, I am no longer a princess of Equestria. I gave up my title so I could live among all of you and not have to worry about the complexity that is our government. I d not want to be treated any different from any of you." Luna smiled as she finished her part.

Suddenly a pink pony started jumping up and down with a large smile on her face, it honestly gave me chills. Said pony shot out the Town Hall at an unreal speed. Slowly ponies started to leave. I turned to the Mayor, "I will be seeing you later. I think it is time for me and Luna to go see our new home."

"Very well. Don't forge to do your rounds." that was all she said before she left.

Me and Luna left the Town Hall after we gathered our belongings, mainly just clothes for me. The walk through town was peaceful enough, even though we got a few weird looks from some of the ponies we passed. Once we left the town proper our house came into view. It was a simple two story home with the typical styling of the other homes in the town, the main difference was the smithy on the side of the house, "It came out pretty well." Luna mussed as we walked closer to the house.

I open the door and let Luna walk in first. Once inside I saw the empty living room, "It is nice in here also, a little empty, but nice." I said as I walked through the room and into the kitchen, then to the study. Luna went up the stairs to see the bedrooms. After finding the downstairs bathroom I followed her. There is three bedrooms other than the master, and two bathrooms. In the master bedroom there is a walk in closet and a large bathroom. I looked at the large bed in the master bedroom, "Why am I not surprised that they gave us the bed."

"Because life hates you." a voice said from behind me. I spun around and saw a man with a mask on.

"Who are you?!" I ask getting into a defensive stance.

"My name is Core, but you have heard that before haven't you. I have come to show you something." a portal like Zeke's opened, only this one was black, and a woman stepped out of it, "She has been waiting to see you, even though I told her it was a waste of time."

"Ōkami!" she yelled before running to me. She pulled me into a hug. She has long straight black hair and fair skin. She was wearing jeans, a black tank-top, and a pair of simple black cowgirl boots, "What happened? Why did you leave me?" she cried into my chest.

It hurt so much. It hurt that I couldn't remember her name. I am starting to really fucking hate God right now. Why did he have to male me getting my memories back into a fucking game, "God chose me and others to leave Earth."

"Ōkami, is that the girl you talked about?" Luna asked as she looked at the crying girl in my arms.

"Yeah it is. Now you see why I am so pissed that I can't remember my life before I came here." after I said that she pushed me away.

"Wait you can't remember me? We were together for five years and you forgot!" she brought her fist back and tried to punch me in my face, "I never want to see you again!" the dark portal opened up again and she ran through.

"That was just great." Core laughed, "The amount of darkness that is in her heart is amazing!"

"Luna. Leave." I growled I didn't care what was going to happen. I let my rage come forward, and darkness started to radiate off my body, "I will tear you to shreds!" I summoned Two Become One and charged forward. Every swing I made he blocked with his hand, "STOP BLOCKING AND LET ME KILL YOU!" I yelled.

"How can you remain in control with that much pure darkness flowing through your body?" Core asked as he continued to block my attacks. My vision went black for a second but when it came back everything had a yellowish tint. I jumped back and went further than I thought I would, "Interesting. So you can achieve anti-form. That makes a little bit of sense." I charged him again at a much greater speed and started swiping at him, "Would you be so kind as to not be annoying." Core said right before he kicked me in the face, sending me to the floor, "I will tell you this once, I will be back. I will take everything from you. If you would have sided with me then I would have let your world survive, but you sided with my brother." with that he kicked me in the chest causing me to go back to normal, "Oh and by the way ____________, only followed me so she could get beck to you." he stepped through a dark portal and was gone.

"Fuck…….." was all I could say at the moment. To think that I lost the one person who cared about me on Earth because of what I asked God to do.

I looked towards the bedroom door and saw Luna sitting there shocked, "Ōkami are you alright?" she asked as she slowly approached me.

"I*cough*should be*cough*" I rubbed my face with my are, wincing in pain as I moved. When I pull my arm away from my face I saw blood, "Well this sucks*cough*" at least they are not frequent. Luna used her magic to slowly lift me to the bed.

"I want you to stay here while I go and get somethings from the store." she ordered before she walked out the room, leaving me alone to think.