• Published 24th Mar 2017
  • 3,177 Views, 28 Comments

Lost in Her Time of Need - Okami1197



I only hold s few of my memories from Earth. Sadly none of them are any more than specific events that I want to forget.

  • ...
17
 28
 3,177

Path to Purity: Part 3

Ōkami and the Guardians stepped out of the DTL and looked at their surroundings, “I thought he was going to send us home?” Midnight asked.

“It seems plans have changed a little.” Ōkami responded, “But something feels off about this place. Almost like something is hunting us.”

“I don’t know why you feel that way.” Drem said looking at the trees of the forest surrounding them, “I think that we could use a place like this as a training facility.”

“That is what the castle is for. It is better that people see their protectors rise from nothing so that they can have hope.” Ōkami said as he eyed the top of a particularly large tree in the distance, “I think we are being watched.”

Not bad.

“That voice.” Ōkami said a a chill ran up his spine, “Midnight. You and the others need to run. NOW!”

What’s the rush? Stay and talk.” Okami was suddenly spin around. He saw Zeke, different though. Pure blond hair, white clothes like from the inside of Castle Oblivion, and those eyes. Psychopaths eyes. Okami noticed he was sitting down. A pile of corpses made his seat.

“What have you done to Zeke!”

Hehehehe. He took in Core’s darkness. Split in two, this body is light half. Amazing, a single drop of my blood fell into his eye, and I managed to take over.

“Dream, I am leaving you to protect our people. I will stay with ‘Zeke’ here and talk. I will be back when we finish.” Ōkami did not give them a chance to respond before he opened DTLs under each of them sending them home, “Now that the kids are gone, please tell me why you are here.”

Can’t I visit an old friend? Heheh, you were one of the few people I saw when I had those few precious moments in the hosts full form. This half form will make due, but his other half Drezke will be mine someday.

Ōkami gritted his teeth, “I won’t allow that. Some how me and any of the others I have heard of will stop you and bring Zeke back.”

Hehe, the others said the same thing. Fun fact, as a parallel of Cript, the odds of this body being curable are none to none.

“I won’t accept that. There has to be a way.”

Yes, try and fail. Best way to lose hope.

“You see. That would be the case, but I have never had any hope anything will go my way. Since I have been removed from the stone nothing has gone my way. So I have stopped trying to make it. Now I make it go other people’s way. Things have been working out so far. So lets give this a shot.” Ōkami responded as he summoned Two Become One.

Have it your way.” Psychopath said, summoning a blood soaked Kingdom Key.

Ōkami put both his hands on Two and started to glow before Two split and his clothes changed colors. Moving quickly he charged Psychopath. And swung the keyblade of darkness.

Let the fun begin” Psychopath said, blocking both strikes with his hands before back-flip kicking Ōkami up into the air.

“That actually hurt a little.” Ōkami said as he corrected himself and flew back at Psychopath, “Shielded Darkness!” Ōkami yelled as he launched numerous projectiles from both keyblades.

Psychopath sidestepped each in a haze, appearing back behind Ōkami and elbowed him, Ōkami went crashing to the ground.

Ōkami pushed himself up, “You know. I kinda wish you were at full strength. Then you may be able to throw a decent punch.” he spread his wings and shot into the air, “Eclipse of the Heart!” Ōkami’s body was consumed by light. Specks of darkness appeared and slowly overtook the light creating the effect of a Solar Eclipse. Suddenly the the light and darkness faded and Ōkami held elongated versions of his keyblades. He dived and swung bog in an X pattern aimed at Psychopath.

Psychopath merely raised up a hand, and blocked it. “”Heh, as you wish.” Psychopath move was simple, mockingly in it’s meaning. He flicked Okami’s forehead, and sent him crashing through Canterlot, finally ending up a beaten and bruised lump in a guard's barracks somewhere in the castle.

Ōkami chuckled slightly as he limped out the barracks, “Now that is what I am talking about.” he looked at his keyblades and saw that they were starting to flicker slightly. Slowly he brought them together and Two Become One was once more in his hands. Sighing he shifted into final form and summoned Light’s Burdon, “I guess this will have to do.” he said before coughing up some blood.

Ōkami jumped from his crash site and landed back in front of Psychopath. “So let's finish this.” Ōkami said as he fought his own body to keep going.

Your wish, your funeral.” Psychopath said, snapping his fingers as blood pools appeared around him. “You know, it’s a shame. Really is. You survived that say on your world...you family though...” He grinned as...blood soaked...things that looked like his family from earth all were crawling out of the blood pools.

“I don’t know why you created those things. Those people mean nothing to me. They only ever treated me like dirt.” Ōkami said with a touch of venom in his voice.

Is that so? Heh, then perhaps something more...personal.” Another snap of his fingers, the blood creatures melted, reforming to look like...Luna. Okami’s grip on his weapon tightened.

“Get rid of that creature. This is between you and me. Not your twisted toys.” Ōkami said through gritted teeth.

What? Too hard to face? How about this one.” Another snap, and the creature reformed. Omaki had forgotten about this one. The guard that helped Train him in Equestrian weapons, and other unique combats.

“Stop toying with me and face me yourself you coward.” Ōkami growled, “Or are you scared to loose.....”

Ugh, you’re no fun. Fine, have it your way.” Ōkami blinked, and he saw Psychopath holding something. It was a hand. It took a moment to realize, but he looked down...his left hand was cut clean off, blood poured from the wound like a water faucet. “You’re B-? Huh, didn’t expect that.” WIth that, Ōkami watched as Psycho ate his hand. Whole.

Using his remaining hand, Ōkami quickly tied off his bleeding arm slowly stopping the blood. “You are sick. You know that right.” Ōkami took a step forward leaving a smoking footprint where he stood. Darkness slowly turned his white outfit black as Light’s Burdon floated next to his left arm, “I may be no saint, but I will never allow for this to continue while I can fight.” Ōkami’s outfit was now completely black. He looked dead into Psychopath’s eyes. Ōkami’s eyes shifted from their normal color to a faint red.

Oh, now this is interesting.

“Hell’s Gate. Armageddon.” Ōkami said with an eerily calm voice as the world around them slowly turned red and demons slowly began to appear around the two, “This will end here.”

That’s what they say.” Psycho said, giving a large smile, showing off his shark like teeth. “Blood Feast.” The demons around the two all seemed to shrivel into a mummified state, their blood entering Psycho.

Clenching his teeth, Ōkami looks at the corpses of his demon army, “No matter.” he said his voice still showing no emotion, “Let us end this like the warriors we are. No tricks. Keyblade to Keyblade.”

Fine, if you want.” Psychopath said, putting away the blood covered Kingdom Key and summoning a crimson red Oathkeeper.

Ōkami raised his keyblades and prepared for an attack from Psychopath, “You first.”

Psychopath smiled, rushing in gave the first swing, Ōkami blocking, just barely, was sent skidding across the ground for a distance.”Now it’s your turn.

Ōkami pushed himself forward swinging his keyblades, attempting to land a hit on Psychopath, but failed entirely, “Your a quick bastard.I’ll give you that.”

Hehehe, thank you.” Psycho replied, snapping his fingers as blood soaked Keyblades appeared around him. “Ha! Half of his heart, half of the keyblades he had stored inside him. Still more than enough to rip apart a world. Or fifty. Don’t you agree?

“Those are not yours. I don’t care if that is half of Zeke you are controlling. Those keyblades are waiting on new wielders. Not to be used by you to destroy worlds.” Ōkami snapped.

Awe, are you mad? How cute.” Psycho said, waving his hand as a dozen corrupted Keyblades rushed at Ōkami.

Ōkami blocked most of the keyblades, but a few still got through, “Those keyblades are crying. Can you not hear them? They are afraid.”

Oh, I can hear them. Listen.[color]” Psycho snapped his fingers as an ungodly high pitched symphony of screams filled the air. Ōkami covered his ears, to no avail. “Music to my ears. Beethoven's got nothing on this masterpiece.

Ōkami gritted his teeth as he force his body to work. Slowly he brought Two Become One and Light’s Burdon back to his side and attacked once more, “Stop this. Release them.” he cried.

Hehe, cute.” Psycho said, sidestepping the attack and backhanding Ōkami’s head, sending him flying across the forest.

Ōkami slammed into a relatively large oak tree. Slow he looked up at Psychopath as he approached him, “Why don’t you just give me one good swing to end this?”

Psycho smiled. “It takes a lot more than that to kill my kind. And me especially. Go on, here’s some dejavu.” Psycho said, holding out his arms. Letting Ōkami have a free hit.

Ōkami stood slowly. Before he brought both his keyblades down in an X.

As the attack neared Psycho, there was a haze of darkness, Ōkami suddenly being in locked blades with...a black haired Zeke. “Don’t even try it!” He yelled, Ōkami suddenly being smashed into the ground by a Darkside, it’s repetitive attack finally stopping after the fifth hit.

Once more Ōkami struggled to stand up and looked at the dark haired Zeke, “What the hell is going on right now?”

Allow me to introduce this body’s missing half. Drezke. Zeke’s dark half.” Psycho said, waving a hand over to Drezke.

Drezke just looked away. “My brother is still in there, and even if this...parasite is killing off a world...I won’t let him die...Not unless I am sure there is no cure.”

Ōkami chuckled slightly, “You know it is funny that you think I am strong enough in my current state to even scratch the guy. I was just getting my people out of here and accepting my fate.”

Drezke just looked down. “That’s just it. You forget, you nearly killed Zeke once, you can kill a host...but to kill the Psychopath does require more. Ending the body is the easy part, killing the monster inside is the hard part.”

“When I was not slowly dieing from the strain some of the moves I have used put on my body. I am lucky to be standing right now.” Ōkami stated.

Yes. The fun part is always playing around with the ‘heroes’ before they get too worn out.

“I never claimed to be a hero.” Ōkami said as he prepared for the inevitable.

Heh. You’re in his family. You accepted the role when you accepted to be in Cript’s family.

“I know. I just never got to be one. I could never stand against anything of actual power-”

“You know he left like five seconds ago right?” Drezke’s voice spoke, Ōkami looking up and seeing Psychopath gone.

Ōkami sighed as both Two Become One and Light’s Burden faded and he collapsed.

Drezke sighed. “Damn. Well, can’t very well leave him here. Or like this.” Drezke said, kneeling down at Ōkami. “Let’s see here...How did those note from Core’s lab do it again...right.” Drezke said, placing a hand over the place where Ōkami’s missing one was. He shot darkness into the area, and grew out a new, black hand. “That will do.”

“Good coming out of that work? Hard to believe.” Drezke looked up, seeing God standing above him and Ōkami. “You...I’m sorry.”

“Save it.” Drezke said, shrugging it off. “He’s strong, but his true power is still blocked. Not to mention all the shit being in Cript’s family gives you. You think he’s ready?”

“I will administrate his mark of mastery...as I did yours.” God said, Ōkami’s Keyblades appearing. “He’ll need to rely on his own power alone though, his Keyblades are what keep him back half the time.”

“So confiscating them? That’s new.”

“Yes, but isn’t everything these days.”

“Fair enough.” Drezke said, standing up and opening a DTD.

“Wait.” God said, stopping Drezke before he stepped into it. “Can...I heard Core’s Nobody was destroyed...fully. Is there...anything of him inside you still?”

“...Just unpleasant memories. Daybreak has his heart though, but without his body, Core can’t come back...and if he somehow did, it would be like with Terra, he’d be blank. At most, he’d remember his name.” Drezke said, walking into the DTD.

“Yes...so it seems.” God said, waving his hand as Ōkami vanished. “It’s not too dangerous a world child...but it will challenge you and unlock your power.”

Comments ( 1 )

This is the greatest and best story on the website. Liked and followed.

Login or register to comment