• Published 24th Mar 2017
  • 3,181 Views, 28 Comments

Lost in Her Time of Need - Okami1197



I only hold s few of my memories from Earth. Sadly none of them are any more than specific events that I want to forget.

  • ...
17
 28
 3,181

The Storm Before the Fallout of Being Late.

Radiant is actually funny to be around. The guy is constantly trying to show me respect, that I honestly don't deserve because I am no higher than him in any way other than height. Of all the Lunar-Key Guards he is the worst in that respect but I guess that is just him.

Currently we are sitting in what I guess is our war room. I had just finished explaining our mission to him, "So you think I am one of their descendants? I'm sorry but I can't believe that. The only known protector of our world back then was from the House of Wilds. There is no records of there being another let alone nine more."

"Well I would think so also if I was not told by someone who lived in that time. There is something about the hearts and keyblades of those ten families." I explained.

"Radiant, I want you to know this now. Finding the rest of us will be hard but very much needed. There is something sleeping inside of Ōkami’s keyblade, and only the ten of us can wake it." Midnight said as she snuggled up to me.

"If you say so." was all he said.

"Don’t you know of any other houses that show more skill than any other through the generations since your kind got to this world?" I asked him as I put my arm around Midnight.

"There is the House of Dusk, the House of Terra, and the House of Eclipse. Other than that I don't know."

"Well, that will make five. We just need to find the rest."

"That will be the hard part, but I guess nothing is ever easy." Midnight added, as she looked out the window, "It is getting late, Radiant go be with your family. We will be back tomorrow to talk some more." he nodded and walked out the room, "We really need to get that stick out his ass." I looked at Midnight and we both started to laugh, "Now a more serious note, we need to get home before we miss dinner. Luna will kill both of us if we are late without a good reason and trust me this is not a good reason."

"If you say so." I responded before standing up and walking towards the door, "So what would be the fastest way back to the house?"

"For you, probably that fancy glider thing of yours. As for me, I am just going to fly." Midnight responded as she walked passed me and out the room. I followed her closely as she made her way through the halls of Pevensey Castle. Once we exited the castle I summoned my glider and took to the sky. It did not take Midnight long to join me in the sky. We quickly started flying towards our home and suddenly a white portal opened in front of us.

*****

Yet another rad storm had just finished in the Commonwealth when a portal of sorts opened above Sanctuary Hills. Acting out of fear that the Institute was attacking all residents and Brother Hood guards readied their weapons as two forms fell from the sky. When it didn't seem like they were going to slow down a woman in a custom set of power armor used her jet pack to catch the mysterious strangers.

*****

My head hurt. On moment I was flying home and the next I am lying on something with a massive headache. I slowly try to open my eyes only to be blinded by the light of the sun. Wait the sun? It was most definitely almost night when we left the castle, "General, he appears to be waking up." That voice sounds familiar.

"Alright Preston, I got it from here." a female voice said.

I fought through the pain and opened my eyes. I was not expecting what I saw. I was in the world of Fallout, "Just a question where am I?" I ask hoping that the 'General' is nice.

"You are in my base of operations and home, Sanctuary Hills. Tell me are you a synth or with the Institute in any way?" she asked pointing a .44 revolver at my head.

"I don't even know what the Institute is!" I practically scream.

"Elder I think that he is telling the truth." another familiar male voice said.

"If Danse thinks your telling the truth that is enough for me." she said as she stuck her hand out for me to grab it. When I did she helped me to my feet and lead me outside. Once outside I saw something that made my blood boil. They had Midnight tied up and was about to use her for target practice. I pushed the 'General', 'Elder', or whatever her name is out the way and ran in front of the men who were about to shoot Midnight.

I summoned Two "Protect" I said as they fired Lasers at me and her.

"Cease fire!" the woman yelled, "Who told you idiots that you could use the pony for target practice?" she asked. Everyone of them shrugged their shoulders, "So you just thought it would be fun? Well how does having your break time cut and being moved to the front of the line for patrolling sound?" she looked at them for a moment, "You know what I don't care how it sounds. Get your sorry asses moving. I want all five of you moving out in an hour."

"Yes, Elder. Ad Victoriam!" they all said at once before departing to gather their equipment.

"Midnight are you okay?" I ask as I remove the muzzle from her face.

"I am thanks to you. Normally I am the one saving your ass." she responded.

"Did that pony just talk?" the 'General' asked.

"Yes she did. Now do you have a more private area we can talk in?" I ask.

"Yeah. Follow me." we walked through the base or town, which ever you would call it, and stopped at the foot of a tree. In said tree was a nice tree house with a window washer cart acting as an elevator, "This is my actual house in this place. I tore down my old one to make the area more fitting. Just get on and we can head up." we all stepped onto the cart and she pressed the button and brought us up. Once we arrived at the top she led us into a living room of sorts, where a German Shepard looking dog was waiting, "This is Dogmeat. Dogmeat these are our new friends." {Happy bark}, "Now start talking, because I am fucking confused on so many levels."

"Ok so lets start with why I have a magical taking pony with me and go from there." I explained everything from Earth to me getting a keyblade, "And that about sums it up."

"Well if it was not for Midnight there I wouldn't believe a word of your story. By the way my name is Runa. Elder of the Brotherhood of Steel and General of the Minutemen." Runa stated.

"Do you have any questions?"

"One. Can you arrange for my people to come live in your small settlement at the foot of Pevensey Castle? All of our technology would be at your disposal and at that point I will follow your orders. I only ask because I am tired of seeing my people suffer and struggle to survive. I could arrange for all peaceful people to come with us and we can join you." she pleaded.

"I have one question for you, how are you still single?" Midnight asked, "Those instincts to protect those you care about is one of the things I find almost irresistible." I could see Runa blushing at Midnight's comment.

"The problem is that I was once married and had a kid. Then the bombs fell and we went to Vault 111. Well to say the vault was cold is an understatement. They froze us. Then a man named Kellogg came in and took my baby, and in the process shot my husband. I found my son after I traveled close to the whole of the Commonwealth. He was dying. So needless to say no one even looks at me as if I could be a romantic partner."

All I could do was get close to her and pull her into a hug, "I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but things can get better. I will allow for your people to come, and if you wish you may try and join our herd. I know it is strange but it is something." I accidently knocked her helmet off and I saw her amber eyes and snow white hair.

"Please don't run." she said quietly.

"Why would I? I think those eyes are beautiful and you hair is a nice complement to them. Go ahead and get you stuff together and send word to all of your people. Tell them to bring all they can."

*****

To say that Runa's influence is remarkable is an understatement. I think the only thing she is leaving is a robot they called Liberty Prime. The Prydwen was full of people and equipment, and on top of that there was a small fleet of Vertibirds surrounding it. I stood on the flight deck of the Prydwen with Midnight and Runa, "This world needs help, but these people need it more." I summoned Two and pointed it towards the front of the Prydwen. A keyhole appeared and a beam fired from Two. A locking noise could be heard before a large white portal opened and we went through. After a quick flash of light we were over Pevensey Castle.

"Ōkami!!!!" I heard Luna yell.

"Shit. Hide me please." I said quickly.

"Sorry no can do. I am looking forward to seeing how she punishes you." Midnight said with an evil grin. Runa just shook her head.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the short chapter. and yes we will be revisiting the world of Fallout. After all, what is a world with one easy keyhole? A world with a second keyhole.