• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 7,606 Views, 277 Comments

Twilight the hybrid - WolfGoddess1990



This is an AU story about Twilight sparkle being a dragon-pony hybrid

  • ...
25
 277
 7,606

Chapter twenty-four

Rarity spoke first, "I dare Applejack to do something carefully and neatly for a change."
AJ spoke next, "Oh yeah? Well, I dare Rarity ta lighten up and stop obsessin' over every last little detail, for a change."

Rarity glared, "I think the truth of the matter is that somepony could stand to pay a little more attention to details."
AJ glared back, "And I think the truth is somepony oughta quit with her fussin' so the rest of us can get things done." Twi simply stood there listening to them.

Twi knew that this wasn't the best idea trying to get Rarity and AJ to get along for one night, it was like mixing water and oil, an impossible feat so she simply slammed her book closed getting both of their attention, "Maybe we should stop, just call it a night and get some sleep?" She huffed at them, she didn't even want to bother with this game or a pillow fight, they all walked into her room and she pulled down the guest bed which was bigger than a normal pony bed.

She glared at both of them, "As you can see both beds are bigger than normal so there is a lot of room for more than one pony." They said nothing as they simply stared at her. "You can both sleep on the guest bed."
"What? Why can't either of us sleep on your bed with you?" Rarity asked looking at AJ.

"Because in case you both have forgotten I'm a hybrid, a dragon hybrid at that, my bed is specially made to be both hard and soft, I'm afraid it won't be comfortable for either of you."

AJ walked over to her bed, "Oh come on Twi I'm a country pony, I sometimes sleep on hay bales I think I can handle sleeping in this bed."
AJ jumped on her bed and Twi panicked, "No wait you don't want to..." AJ winced as she landed, Twi lifted her back off, "Are you okay? Anything broken?"

"I'm fine..." AJ wheezed. "Just a bit winded."
Rarity patted Twi's bed, "Twilight what on earth is in this bed? It feels as hard as rocks." Twi checked AJ over making sure she was fine before going over to her bed.

"Actually your not that far off."
Twi opened her bed mattress and showed them what was inside, Rarity's eyes opened in glee, AJ looked in confusion, but both said the same thing, "Gemstones?!"

Twi zipped it back up and sheepily smiled at them, "Yeah you saw how my grandfather slept on treasure, my mother also sometimes sleeps on treasure, and Spike's bed is this." She levitated over a dog bed, "His body is too young to even try to sleep on gemstones."

"But my body is old enough where it wants to sleep on gemstones but my pony half is uncomfortable sleeping on just that so the bed still has cotton inside but it's also filled with gemstones to please both parts of myself." She crawled onto her bed and curled up like a serpent, "And like I said my guest bed is big enough for both of you to sleep on it without even being near each other." Both AJ and Rarity got in on either side of the bed with lots of space between them, Twi simply turned off the light.

After some time Rarity turned to AJ, "Well at least I tried not to ruin her first slumber party."
AJ turned to Rarity, "What y'all talking about? I'm the one who tried not to ruin her first slumber party."

Rarity rolled her eyes, "Really Applejack I thought you were the element of honesty."
AJ growled, "I am being honest! What about you, I thought you were the element of generosity, you really haven't been very generous this whole time."

Rarity huffed, "I have so been generous!"

"Have not."
"Have so."

The two continued like that until, "Enough!" Twi glared at both of them, "It says right here that the number one thing you're supposed to do at a slumber party is to have fun, and thanks to you two I can't check that off!"

"I've been tryin' my darndest to get along."
"No, it is I who have been trying my best."

"No, it was me."
"No, it was I."

"I hope you're happy, both of you, you've ruined my very first slumber party by ruining everything!"

"The makeover, the scary story, the smores, you didn't even try to get truth or dare right and we didn't even have the pillow fight because you two couldn't get along for one night! I mean, is there anything else that could possibly go wrong?" Outside lightning strikes. "Sorry I asked."
They all looked outside to see it stricken a tall tree, and the top of the tree was threating to crash into the house next door. "Ya see? That's why we needed to take down all those loose branches in town, not spiffy 'em up."

"But I--"
"Outta my way, missy! Time's a-wastin'." AJ said opening the window and preparing her lasso.

"Wait! Stop! Don't!"
"No waitin'! No stoppin'! Doin'!" AJ managed to say as she lassoed the top of the tree. "And that, my friends, is what we call gettin' 'er done."

AJ went to pull as Twi tried to stop her, "Wait, AJ I don't think..." AJ pulled the rope and the tree top came crashing in. "That's the best idea..."
"Well, I tried to tell you it would come crashing down in here."

"Well, ya shoulda tried harder." AJ sighed, "I'm mighty sorry, Twi."
"It's... well, it's not okay, you didn't listen to me or Rarity, and there's a giant tree branch in the middle of my bedroom."

Twi sighed sitting down and then started to make a list of everything she could do to fix this, AJ looked at Rarity who was putting books back, "What in tarnation are y'all doin' over there?"
"Cleaning up this mess somepony made, who was that again? Oh, right, that's you."

AJ left her and went to the other side where Twi was, "We gotta do somethin'!"
"Burning it? No that's stupid inside a tree."

AJ tried to move the tree branch then went back to Rarity, "Rarity, for pony's sake, stop sweatin' the small stuff and help me get rid of this thing!" Rarity seemed to ignore her. "I said hustle over here and help me!" Again Rarity ignored her. "Look, I'm sorry, all right?"
Rarity stopped what she was doing, "What was that?" She asked looking over at AJ.

"I said I'm sorry! I shoulda listened to you when you noticed where this here branch would end up. Yer annoyin' attention to detail would'a saved us from this whole mess. But right now, ya need to stop bein' so dang fussy pickin' up all the little things and help me move the one big thing in here that actually matters! Please!"
Rarity perked up when she heard that, turned to face AJ and looked at all the water on the ground the rain was making. "Uh. Uh, but I'll get all icky."

"Consarnit! What the... eh... you... I mean, yes, ickiness is often a side effect of hard work. But y'all need to get over it, on account, I just can't fix this mess I made myself. I need your help."
Rarity tipped back her head to make the book she had on come off, "Oh. Let's do this."

The two talked as Twi looked at another idea, "Maybe a spell? But the wrong one could cause a fire..." Rarity focused as she used her magic to turn most of the tree into figures, AJ was going to buck the rest out when Rarity gave her a look.

AJ simply turned around, grabbed it in her mouth, dropped it out the window and then closed the window, Rarity looked at herself, "U-ugh. Oh, I look awful."
AJ thought then walked over to Rarity and put cucumber slices on her eyes, "Better?"

Rarity smiled, "Hmph, thanks."
She reached out to try to find AJ to hug her and AJ same forwards a bit helping her, they hugged as Twi finally gave up and looked at the branch figures, "Oh, pretty! Where did these come from?"

She looked around as she noticed the tree branch was gone, and AJ and Rarity hugging, "And what happened to make you two hug?"
After they explained everything they were finally having fun playing twenty questions, they were all laughing as AJ asked the next question, "Is it bigger than a barn?"

Twi chuckled, "Nope."
Rarity was next, "Is it smaller than a saddle?"

"No! Only three of your twenty questions left!"
"We're never gonna guess what you're thinkin' of, it could be anythin'."

"Are we getting warmer?"
"Why? Is it too cold in here for you? I can turn up the heat."

"She means are we gettin' any closer with our guesses?"
"Oh! No. And that technically counted as a question, so only two more left!"

"Is it... a six-legged pony with a purple polka-dotted mane and shootin' stars comin' out of his eyes?"
"Who flies through the air all over the world to hide magic, sparkly eggs?"

Twi smiled, "That's it!"
"It is?" They both asked looking confused.

"No, it's that." Twi said as she pointed to her telescope. "But it was just so nice to see you two finally getting along, I wanted you to be able to win together." They both laughed. "See? We could have been having fun like this all along."
"If only somepony hadn't been so persnickety."

"Well, maybe she wouldn't have been if somepony else hadn't been so sloppy." They both frowned at each other but then smiled.
"Sorry for being such a pain in the patootie."

"Oh, no, I'm sure I was much worse."

"That's kind of ya to say, but I'm the one who's sorry."
"Oh, I'm much more sorry than you are."

"Ugh. Are not."
"Are too."

"Are not!"
"Are too."

Twi sighed, 'Are they really arguing over...' "Are not." AJ said with a smile.
"Are too." Rarity said and they both laughed as Twi smiled, 'Never mind.'

Twi happily watched them, "I declare my first slumber party a success!" The two clapped hooves as they cheered, Twi brought over her book, "Have fun, check." She joked as they laughed.

The two moved on to trying to walk through the library with cucumber slices on their eyes, "Now take two steps to your left. Uh, no, my left."
"Which is it?" AJ crashed into the book pile, "Whoa! That mess is your fault, not mine."

They laughed as Rarity came over, "Sorry."
Twi wrote down a letter, 'Dear Princess Celestia, It's hard to believe that two ponies who seem to have so little in common could ever get along. But I found out that if you embrace each other's differences...'

Twi smiled at this as she finished, 'You just might be surprised to discover a way to be friends after all. Your faithful student, Twilight Amethyst Sparkle.' Twi turned to them, "So, who's up for another slumber party tomorrow night?" They both smiled at each other then tossed pillows in her face, "How about a week from Thursday? Oh, how about two weeks from Saturday?" They both laughed as she kept asking, "A month from now? Or maybe a month and a half?"

Outside the sun finally came out, seeing this they both looked at Twi, "As wonderful as this was Twilight maybe a nice simple day at the beach would be more relaxing."
"That doesn't sound too bad, I'm not so busy on Tuesday."

Twi smiled at them, "Tuesday it is, and I'll be sure to invite everyone else."
She watched them go as a train whistle blew and then Spike came running back, "Hey Twi, did anything happen while I was away?"

She smiled, "I just had my first slumber party with some friends."

Spike gagged, "I'm glad I wasn't here for that."
Twi rubbed his head, "Well you won't gag at this, we are all going to the beach on Tuesday... that includes Rarity."

Spike started drooling a bit, "Rarity at the beach... I'll be sure to get ready for that!" He ran inside as Twi shook her head. Beach day finally came Spike found the perfect spot for Rarity, it had enough shade to be cool, had enough sun to have warmth, and far enough from the water to not get wet.

Spike carefully spread a blanket out, then some pillows, Rarity laid down on the pillows as Spike got her a drink and then started to gently fan her, Twi helped Shy with her seashell collection, Dash and AJ were playing volleyball, and Pinkie was happily doing whatever. "Rah, rah, Rainbow Dash! Ah, ah, Applejack! Go, go, go!"
"Pinkie you know that this is just for fun right?"

"I know, and I am having fun, thanks for asking Dash."
"But I... you... oh nevermind."

Twi picked up another seashell and looked through a book, "This one is a conch shell, you can tell from the shape and size."
She gave it to Shy who held it up to her ear, "Or from the sound of the ocean you can hear from it."

"Fluttershy that isn't..." Twi stopped herself.
"That isn't what?"

"That... that isn't the way you hold it, if you hold it like this you can hear it better."
Twi turned it a bit and Shy smiled, "You're right, I can hear it better!" Twi smiled, she didn't have the heart to tell her the truth...

Rarity sipped the drink Spike got her as she relaxed more, "Oh Spike be a dear and get me another drink."
Spike rushed to get her another as Rarity started to rub on some sunscreen, he came back and smiled, "I can do that for you Rarity."

"I'm nearly done, Spike."
She finished up as he blushed deeply, "Here's your drink..."

"Thank you, darling... do you need some sunscreen as well Spike? You're turning red."
"If you insist on me having some on..." Rarity gave him the bottle as she relaxed.

Spike sighed, 'Darn, didn't work... oh well.' He rubbed some on his scales then went back to fanning Rarity, "Hey Rarity, Spike, why don't you come out and join us in the water?" Twi said looking at them.
"And ruin my mane? Thanks but I'm quite relaxed right here."

"Suit yourself, how about you bro?"
"Thanks but I'm perfectly happy right where I am..."

Twi rolled her eyes as she joined Shy in the water. "Oh look Twi, some fish has come to see us."
"Are some your fish friends?"

"No, but I like to make new fish friends..." Shy said tossing some fish food for them to eat.
"Wait where did you get that?"

"Oh, I always carry small boxes filled with different animal foods." Twi looked at some fish. "Twilight, you're not thinking of eating them are you?"

"What no, I'm just trying to tell what species they are from memory alone."
"Oh good, because you were looking at them very closely... not that I should stop you from eating wild fish... I mean you must get tired of eating the same meat..."

"Fluttershy it's alright, I ate hours before we even got here so I'm not going to eat any wild animals in front of you."
"Well, I'm glad about that because I'm not sure if I can handle watching you do that..."

"You watch your animal friends eat, what's so different about me eating in front of you?"
"Oh um... I guess I'm not used to seeing someone who looks pony-ish eat meat in front of me..."

"Besides my mane, tail, and body shape I don't look that similar to a pony."
"That's why I said pony-ish."

Author's Note:

Everyone give a hand to Fluttershy's logic and to me who managed to make Twi not look like an idiot.