• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 7,606 Views, 277 Comments

Twilight the hybrid - WolfGoddess1990



This is an AU story about Twilight sparkle being a dragon-pony hybrid

  • ...
25
 277
 7,606

Chapter twenty-two

"Actually there are a ton of dragons living in the Dragon's land, commonly known as the Dragon's lair, and it's not that far away from Equestria's main island... and he's sleeping, according to Princess Celestia, he's taking a nap. His snoring is what's causing all this smoke."
"He should really see a doctor, that doesn't sound healthy at all." Pinkie said.

"Well, at least he's not snoring fire. What are we meant to do about it?" Rarity asked.
"I'll tell you what we're meant to do, give him the boot." Dash claimed.

"Take that. And that!" Dash said trying to knock over a wooden horse head but Twi moved it out of her way.
"We need to encourage him to hibernate somewhere else."

"Hibernate? But I thought you said he was taking a nap?"
"That's what the princess said, and she's half right. An adult dragon, like my mom, will sleep like normal during the night, or during the day if they are nocturnal, but an older dragon will start to hibernate, like most reptiles, only they will hibernate a lot longer than one season.

They do this because as dragons get older they lose the basic concept of time... Princess Celestia has given us this mission, and we must not fail. If we do, Equestria will be covered in smoke for the next couple of years."
"How many years are we talking here?"

"It can range from one year to one hundred years, depends on the age of the dragon in all honesty."
"Hmph. Talk about getting your beauty sleep."

"All right everypony, I need you to gather supplies quickly.

We've got a long journey ahead of us. Let's meet back here in less than an hour." Twi said putting her saddle bags she filled on.
"Okay, girls, you heard her. The fate of Equestria is in our hooves. Do we have what it takes?"

Dash asked and they all agreed leaving, except Shy, "Um, actually..."
She said leaving slowly, all five of them got ready and went back to Twi's library when they were ready and all lined up, Twi walked in front of them, "All right girls, listen up.

I'm mapping out the fastest route, but we've all got to keep a good pace if we expect to make it up the mountain by nightfall."
"M-m-mountain?" Shy asked.

"The dragon is in that cave at the very top." Twi said pointing towards the mountain.
"Looks pretty cold up there." AJ said.

"You bet it is. The higher you go, the chillier it gets." Dash said.
"Good thing I brought my scarf." Rarity said pulling it out of her bag and putting it on.

"Ooo! Pretty!" Pinkie said looking at the scarf.

"Heh, oh yeah. That'll keep you nice and cozy." Dash said and Shy looked at the mountain and gulped.
Twi pulled out her map and looked at it as Shy came up behind her, "Um, excuse me, Twilight? I know you're busy, but..."

"Uh-huh. Well, we could go this way."
"But if I could just have a second..."

"Uh-huh. No, we want to avoid that." Twi said tapping one spot on the map.
"So, um, I was thinking that, um, maybe I should just stay here in Ponyville."

"Uh-huh." Twi said not really paying attention.

"Oh! Good. I'll stay here and--" Shy said starting to walk off.
"Wait! You have to come! Your way with wild animals will surely come in handy." Twi said stopping Shy.

"I don't think I--"
"Oh, and don't worry about your little friends in the meadow. Spike's got it covered while you're gone."

"You can count on me!" Angel bunny thumped on his head making Spike move his arms scaring off the animals, "Oooh! Hey! Hey! Wait!"
"I don't really think he's up to the task. Maybe... But... But... no!"

"Are you sure you want Fluttershy to come along? I mean, that pony's afraid of her own shadow. She's just going to slow us down, besides can't you just talk to the dragon?" Dash whisper asked.
"Well yes, but I'm bringing her along just in case the dragon is more of the lone wolf type, besides she's just a little nervous, once we get going, I'm sure she'll be fine." They heard Shy squeal and they turned to watch her be afraid of her own shadow before jumping into a bush, and Dash just looked at Twi before walking off.

"All right girls, move out!" Twi said and they ran off towards Shy.
"But... but...!" Shy screamed as they carried her with them, near the mountain they heard a loud snore and Shy hid behind AJ.

"Whoa. What was that?" Dash asked.
"That is what it sounds like when a dragon snores." Twi said.

"It-- it's so... high!" Shy said looking up.
"Well, it is a mountain. I'm going to fly up there and check it out!"

AJ chomped on Dash's tail stopping her, "Hold on, now. I think we should all go up together.

Safety in numbers and all."
"Oh, all right." Dash said simply flapping next to them as they climbed up.

"I hear the only thing that sparkles more than a dragon's scales are the jewels they use to build their nests. Ooo, if I play my cards right, I might be able to convince him to part with a few!"
"Welcome to my cave, Rarity. Care for a diamond?" Pinkie said imitating a dragon, then she roared.

"Girls! This is no laughing matter! Dragons can be very protective of their hoard.

But maybe this dragon will be different, what do you think the dragon will be like Fluttershy?" Twi said turning her head and not seeing Shy, "Fluttershy?"
They all looked down to see Shy still on the ground. "Hey! What are you waiting for? An invitation?" Dash asked.

"Ooo, I think I have one in my bag!" Pinkie said pulling one out with confetti popping out.
"I-it's so... so... steep." Shy said looking at the cliff.

"Well, it is a cliff. You could just, oh, I don't know, fly up here?"

Dash said and thought, 'Honestly you have wings use them!'
"Come on, Fluttershy, you can do it. Flap those wings!" Pinkie said.

"Oh... okay." Shy flapped her wings making her go up, she hovered until another snore made her scared and her wings locked up making her fall back down.
"Augh." Dash covered her eyes as she thought, 'That's just sad...'

Shy tried to unlock her wings as Twi sighed, "Uh, we don't have time for this." AJ grabbed her map. "What are you doing?"

"I'll need this if I'm going to take her around the mountain another way."
AJ jumped and slid down the cliff, and Dash groaned, "Around the mountain? That's going to take them forever."

When AJ finally got to Shy another snore happened which made Shy fall on her back all stiff. "Don't worry, Twi. We'll be there lickety-split."

Twi looked at the smoke covering the sky with concern after a while Pinkie and Rarity started playing tic-tac-toe, Pinkie drew a circle and won the game, "Whoo-hoo! I win again!"

"Ugh. That's thirty-five games in a row. Best of seventy-one?"
But they were stopped when AJ finally came pulling Shy by her tail, "We. Made. It." AJ said panting.

"Told you it was going to take them forever." Dash said to Twi, who helped Shy unstiff herself, and as they walked forwards Twi wondered if AJ had a thing for tails. Twi could count about three times AJ chomped down on Dash's tail with little to no hesitation, and Dash didn't seem to mind out of annoyance of being stopped.

This seemed odd to her, did this mean AJ liked to bite tails? And did this mean that Dash liked her tail being bitten? She tried to reason that AJ simply chomped down on Dash's tail to stop her because the tail was the easiest and least hurtful thing to bite, and AJ has probably done this to Dash before Twi came to Ponyville that Dash has gotten used to her tail being pulled, and Dash still reacts to herself being pulled back because anyone would if they were suddenly pulled back.

Her thought process was stopped when they came to a ravine which everyone jumped, everyone but Shy that is, Shy gulped as she looked across at everyone. "Your turn, Fluttershy." Twi said.
"But... it's so... wide."

"Come on, Fluttershy, we should be much farther along by now."
"You could just leap on over."

Shy looked at the ravine, "I--" The dragon snored again making Shy huddle on the ground, "I don't know." Twi and Aj shook their heads as Pinkie hopped in.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. It's just a hop, skip and a jump." Pinkie hopped over, "See?" Then Pinkie started singing, "It's not very far, just move your little rump, you can make it if you try with a hop, skip and jump." Pinkie hopped back over.
"We don't have time for this." Twi said looking at Dash.

"A hop, skip and jump, just move your little rump, a hop, skip and jump, a hop, skip and jump, a hop, skip and jump, a hop skip and jump, a hop skip and jump!"

Pinkie said jumping back and forth. Shy smiled watching, "O-okay. Here I go. A hop."
"That's it."

"You've got it."
"Almost there."

"Skip." Shy tried to jump over.
"Just don't look down." Shy looked down and whined stopping but she managed to stop right in-between the two sides of the short ravine.

"Ugh." Dash said pushing Shy across and the others pulled her across.
"I guess I forgot to jump." Shy said as they moved on, they entered a new area and Twi looked around.

"Let's keep it down. According to my map, we're entering an avalanche zone. The smallest peep could cause a huge rock slide." Twi said whispering. "A... an ava... ava..." "Shhh!" Then they moved on trying to be as quiet as possible that is until Dash flew through a tree branch and leaves fell down onto Shy making her freak out, "AVALA--!" AJ shut her up as the voice echoed everywhere, then when nothing happened they all sighed but then rumbling made them all look up and cry, "Avalanche!"

Rocks started falling down and everyone started dodging around. "Oh no! Help!" Twi said and AJ tackled her out of the way when it was all said and done a large dirt pile was in their way.
"Oh, my! Everypony okay?" AJ asked.

"Thanks to you I am."
"Eugh. Blech." Rarity said shaking her dirt on Pinkie who was just hopping.

"Whoo-hoo! Let's do it again!" Pinkie said.
"Uh! This is why a girl always packs extra accessories." Rarity said pulling out another scarf and putting it on.

"Oh, please tell me I brought the tiara that goes with this."
"Uh, think we got bigger problems than making sure our hair bows match our horseshoes." Dash said pointing at the dirt pile.

Shy sighed, "Sorry."
"Aw, no big whoop, sugarcube."

"Yeah, we'll just have to..." Twi sighed, "Climb over." They all climbed over with Dash simply flying next to them, when they climbed back down, Shy slipped and ran into Rarity who was pushed into AJ and they all slid on the ground.

Dash tried to help Rarity up, "My apologies."
"Not your fault." Dash said looking at Shy who whimpered. Twi pulled out her map, and Dash flew over to her, "Still think it was a good idea to bring Fluttershy along?"

"We're about to find out, we're here." Twi said looking at the cave then she started to whisper instructions. "Rainbow Dash, you'll use your wings to clear the smoke." Dash nodded flying up. "Rarity and Pinkie Pie, you'll create a diversion to distract the dragon if things get a little hairy in there."

Pinkie ran to the side a bit and flung around a rubber chicken which Rarity just looked confused at. "Applejack, you're ready with the apples in case he decides to attack." AJ nodded bringing out some apples. "But it shouldn't come to that because Fluttershy will do what she needs to do to wake him up, and between the two of us, we should be able to get him to understand why he needs to go. Is everypony ready?" Everyone nodded. "Okay then, we're goin' in." Twi said going into the cave.

"So, I got some ideas on how to wake the dragon without upsetting him but what are your ideas?" When she heard nothing she stopped and turned, "Fluttershy?" When she didn't find her anywhere near her she sighed, "Oh, come on!" She walked back out to find Shy with her head on the ground. "Come on!" Twi said pulling on Shy's wings, which made Shy stick her head back up. "We have to do this!" Twi said trying to push her. "Now! Every..." Dash came in behind Twi trying to help push Shy fowards.

"Second longer that dragon..." Rarity came in behind Dash to help push. "Sleeps is another..." AJ came in behind Rarity to help push. "Acre of Equestria that is covered in..." They all pushed Shy slightly forwards. "Smoke." Then Pinkie just came in to join in making them all push forwards.
"I-- I-- I can't go in the cave." They all fell backward or on the side when they heard this.

"Oh, great. She's scared of caves now, too." Dash said simply hovering in place.

"I'm not scared of caves, I'm scared of..." Shy mumbled the last part.
"What's that, sugarcube?"

"I'm scared of..." Shy mumbled again.
"What?" Twi asked.

"I'm scared of dragons!" Shy said louder and the dragon snored again making Shy scared and she hid behind AJ.
"But Fluttershy. You have a wonderful talent dealing with all kinds of animals." Twi said trying to help Shy.

"Yes, because they're not dragons."
"Oh come on! We've seen you walk right up to a horrible manticore like it was nothing." Dash said.

Author's Note:

thanks for reading and remember to leave a comment or question, and if I can answer the question in the story like I did before I will put it in. If not I'll simply answer back in the comments.