• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 7,606 Views, 277 Comments

Twilight the hybrid - WolfGoddess1990



This is an AU story about Twilight sparkle being a dragon-pony hybrid

  • ...
25
 277
 7,606

Chapter three

Bookworm nodded writing down some more, Violet continued to eat, "So why are you so different from other dragons?"

"Well I guess it's because we were raised differently, there are different clans of dragons like there are many different towns of ponies, and not every town is the same as the other."
He nodded again, "That is interesting, but I see your point. Now about your fire, I heard that your fire is a different color than normal."
"It's a family gene, let me tell you how it works."

She explained how their special colored fire worked, he took it all in writing everything down like he would be given a test at the end, "And my brother's whelp has green fire, his next whelp will have yellow fire and so will his whelp's whelp when she has one in the future."

"Interesting... so even if you had twins the older will get blue and the younger will get green?"

"Yes that's right, but I never heard of a dragon having two or even more eggs, or one egg having more than one whelp."

"Now that's something very interesting, so dragon only has one egg with one whelp at a time?"
"As far as me and my family knows at least."
He put the filled paper aside and started to use a new paper, "Are all your family members one color with different shades like you, and their fire?"

"Not usually, but our main color is the same as our fire."
"So are you a rare case?"

"Kind of... it's not that rare in my family, or with other dragons." She thought of the other dragons that were one color just different shades.

"Have you meet other dragons, not from your family?"
"Once or twice, this mountain is my territory so not many dragons come near here, in fact, that is why there is a pony town not so far from here."

"Your presence alone keeps other dragons away?"
"Well not all the time, sometimes my family comes to visit, and other times a dragon will come to..." She paused wondering how to put this, "Check me out."

She finished the look she got was priceless, "You're single?"

"If you're asking if I have a mate or not... I don't, I haven't found the right guy yet."
"So you have a choice on who's going to be your mate?"

"Well, I am strong enough to fight off any male who thinks he can just have me." The look he gave again was priceless, "So you get that a lot?"
"Not that much, but if dragons didn't shed their scales I would have battle scars." He stopped after that, once he was finished he said he would come back later in the day, she waved goodbye and went on with her day.

This went on for a few days, one day Bookworm came with a gift, a dragon-sized book on ponies, since Violet have been asking him some questions about himself, the book itself wasn't that thick but it was detailed enough since most of this information was common pony knowledge. The answers she got from him were sad, he said since he was busy he didn't spend much time with his family, only during special events like a holiday, and he didn't have a special some pony.

A special some pony was their way of saying mate, which she found to be very odd but didn't question it, however, she felt very sorry for Bookworm when he said those things he looked so lonely and depressed. Then his most hated day came, hearts and hooves day, because he always spent it alone, surrounded by couples, he always tried to spend the day away from any town. However this time he was right beside a town, Violet took pity on him, she showed him another gift of her family.